bfett9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
50% DVD/BluRay Bestsellers 1 Day ONLY

Got an email form BN ENJOY!:lol:

BluRay: http://video.barnesandnoble.com/u/Blu-ray-Bestsellers/379001667/
DVD: http://video.barnesandnoble.com/u/DVD-Bestsellers/379000710/

Star Wars BluRay: http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD...te-Saga/Mark-Hamill/e/24543742180?itm=6&USRI=

EDIT
If any of these coupons work give em a go
10% Off 1 item
U9N7K9M
Exp. 8/15/11
P4U7L9E
Exp. 1/10/12

7% Off
E7E4K8K
Exp. 1/10/12

30% Off Select Items
B4E8P4N
Exp. 1/10/12

$5 off Purchase of $50 or More (Members Only)
J4Y3A3J
Exp. 9/25/11

Last edited by a moderator:
LOTR EE set is $60, and I'd imagine it would stack with the $5 off $50 coupon, so it should be $55 + tax for everyone.

The coupons in the OP don't seem to stack with pre-order items, in case anyone was wondering.

The current coupons do not work on pre-orders. Checkout dvdtalk for more coupons. I tried pasting the link but the iPhone is not cooperating.

Jumped on the Lion King set. Thanks!

The Lion King 3D preview in front of Cars 2 was jaw-dropping. I'm glad it wasn't a simple paper cut-out job and that they added realistic depth to the characters and environments. If I wind up getting this new gig and moving, I'm leaving behind my faithful but ginormous HD CRT set and will probably splurge on a Panasonic 3D plasma.

[quote name='MetalPinata']Yeah, it's dead... and they raised the price on me between my review my purchase and completing the purchase so after I confirmed for 53.something it went up to 76... completely ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Just checked the Lion King order I placed. Still sitting at $50+tax; fingers crossed it doesn't get adjusted.

Coupons don't seem to work on Lord of the Rings (even though that one is already out).

I also tried working with some more random titles, Battle of Algiers, Young Frankenstein, The Illusionist, South Pacific. And the 5 off 50 still didn't work even though my total was over 60. The first 10% off coupon still didn't work either. I guess i might go ahead anyway, but I'd really like to get a working coupon . Anyone have any luck? A working 20% off coupon would be sweet. :D

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']preordered from BN...I hate how they charge you ahead of time even though this isn't out for another month.[/QUOTE]They don't charge you, they just hit your card with a rolling authorization that periodically checks to see if you still have funds available for the purchase.

How likely is this to plummet in price like the BTTF trilogy on bluray? I bought this day 1 (not that I regret it, because BTTF is awesome), but I remember fairly shortly after people were getting it at BB for $4.99 or something crazy like that.

[quote name='jling84']How likely is this to plummet in price like the BTTF trilogy on bluray? I bought this day 1 (not that I regret it, because BTTF is awesome), but I remember fairly shortly after people were getting it at BB for $4.99 or something crazy like that.[/QUOTE]

Star Wars is far more timeless/classic than BTTF and has a vastly superior audience. This won't drop to dirt cheap prices for a while. May go down to $30 during some super sale like Black Friday, but I doubt it will be under $20 for at least 2 years.

That's just my opinion though, I could be totally wrong... Prices on items have kind of surprised me as of late, so this could be bargain bin after 2 months for all I know ;)

[quote name='Darknuke']Star Wars is far more timeless/classic than BTTF and has a vastly superior audience. This won't drop to dirt cheap prices for a while. May go down to $30 during some super sale like Black Friday, but I doubt it will be under $20 for at least 2 years.

That's just my opinion though, I could be totally wrong... Prices on items have kind of surprised me as of late, so this could be bargain bin after 2 months for all I know ;)[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about the likelihood based on the previous DVD releases of Star Wars. Did they go on sale after they released or did they always hold pretty steady to the MSRP?

[quote name='jling84']I was wondering about the likelihood based on the previous DVD releases of Star Wars. Did they go on sale after they released or did they always hold pretty steady to the MSRP?[/QUOTE]

Oh man that was soooo long ago, I have no idea... I feel like DVDs, even back then, dropped in price faster than blu-rays nowadays do though.

[quote name='Darknuke']Oh man that was soooo long ago, I have no idea... I feel like DVDs, even back then, dropped in price faster than blu-rays nowadays do though.[/QUOTE]

Ah I see, thanks for the info. I guess I'll wait. I like Star Wars, but I think I can wait especially as this isn't likely to disappear from stores or anything any time soon.

[quote name='jling84']I was wondering about the likelihood based on the previous DVD releases of Star Wars. Did they go on sale after they released or did they always hold pretty steady to the MSRP?[/QUOTE]

To buy both trilogies brand new on DVD would still be over $60 at "normal" (i.e. not black Friday) prices. I would guess the chance to get them under $20 would be pretty rare.

I was pleased to even be able to trade-in my particular DVD set of the original trilogy for $18.50 a few months back.

I ordered TLK Trilogy for $49.99 earlier this morning and they declined my card :bomb:. i forget that i had money coming out for two bills :wall:. the email tells me to call them within 7 days to get it all sorted out. i get my money tomorrow but do you think they'll try to charge me the current $73+ for this when i call them???. this was the best deal realistically that i think we will see for this and now i might be fucked. any ideas on what might happen?. i've never dealt with B&N customer service before. are they any good?. piece of fuck bills every fucking time i swear :headache:.

bread's done
Back