[DEAD] 50+% off on Select FUNimation Anime / LA Titles inc. BDs @ BestBuy.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
FUNimation Sale @ BestBuy.com (and also B&M?)

Anime (Blu-ray)
Anime (DVD)
Live-Action

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[DEAD - REFERENCE ONLY] FUNimation Sale @ BestBuy.com (and also B&M) [DEAD - REFERENCE ONLY] | Expires 7/24/10

Anime (Blu-ray)
Anime (DVD)
Live-Action

Last edited by a moderator:
Tsubasa is tempting me :/ I heard that the Blu-ray isn't a Huge improvement to the dvd's, so i'm confused.

- I got the following.

Tsubasa: Collected Memories - The Complete Series
School Rumble: Season 2
Xenosaga: Complete Box Set
Kanon: The Complete Series
Aquarion: Complete Series
Karin: The Complete Series
Xxxholic Season 1

If any of these really suck, lemme know :) Thanks

Still debating Baccano since I heard good things about it...

Sweet most likely going to get School Rumble 1 and 2. I watched the first two episodes through Hulu/Youtube, but I think it'll probably be better in Japanese. Anyone watch the show? Is this worth getting, or should I just stick to the english dubbed version on Hulu?

How's Witchblade?

Would anyone recommend it to someone who isn't a huge anime fan? The only things that I've seen and liked would be Hellsing and Berserk (and the few episodes of Naruto I saw with my friend were alright).

[quote name='ssjmichael']Sweet most likely going to get School Rumble 1 and 2. I watched the first two episodes through Hulu/Youtube, but I think it'll probably be better in Japanese. Anyone watch the show? Is this worth getting, or should I just stick to the english dubbed version on Hulu?[/QUOTE]

School Rumble is a must, unless you really hate School-Life Comedy.
(Based on First Season Only)
I always prefer Japanese over dubs.

Witchblade is a good series also.

I am going to drop by BB tomorrow to see what they have. There are a ton of series I am interested in.

Just ordered DBZ Broly Triple Feature steelbook. Now I only need Fusion double feature & Android 13/Bojak double feature....
Man... really temped on DBZ Boxes Vol 2 & Vol 3... great price for them... :whistle2:( Already own DBZ Box Vol 1.... and the entire orange brickset... still want DBZ Boxes over orange bricksets.... (Yes I don't care for US Music... Jap Music is the best one) Just found out today that DBGT Complete series/box??? I guess... will be out in September... hmn... what to do :whistle2:D

Here's Amazon's Link to it... DBGT Complete Series Box
http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-A...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278240021&sr=8-1

Finally, Strike Witches at a decent price for us entitled Americans. For something like what, half the price of a 2-episode Japanese volume, we get the entire series? Awesome.

Just a heads up that Best Buy switched up the descriptions for Vexille, the one that is on sale is actually the DVD version.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Sweet most likely going to get School Rumble 1 and 2. I watched the first two episodes through Hulu/Youtube, but I think it'll probably be better in Japanese. Anyone watch the show? Is this worth getting, or should I just stick to the english dubbed version on Hulu?[/QUOTE]
School Rumble is my favorite anime and by far the funniest I've ever seen. $25 for the complete series is a must buy for fans of school-life comedy.

A lot of good prices here, too bad I already own all the ones I would be interested in.
Thanks op!

Think I'll pick up Ouran High School Host Club. we shall see though.

I highly recommend Spice & Wolf, and Strike witches is good too.

This is amazing! I'm heading over to Best Buy right now! Although I really need to stop spending so much damn money, haha.

[quote name='lolwut?']How's Witchblade?

Would anyone recommend it to someone who isn't a huge anime fan? The only things that I've seen and liked would be Hellsing and Berserk (and the few episodes of Naruto I saw with my friend were alright).[/QUOTE]

I thought Witchblade was pretty solid. The story is decent, there are a lot of "fighting/action" scenes.

I myself am an Anime novice. I loved Cowboy Bebop, and thought the first half of Death Note was great, and then it fell off completely. Currently I'm watching Samurai Champloo.

For 22 bucks you could do worse for a show.

Are there only 2 seasons of School Rumble? I'd be interested in that.

^Yeah, only two seasons and an OVA. I would have bought it if I didn't own it already. Great deal there!

Cool, I got Baccano, Black Lagoon, both Dragon Boxes, and Spice and Wolf. I tried Vexille for store pickup, so I'll see which version they pull for me. Thanks for all the great anime deals WTK!

Picked up School Rumble Season 1 + 2,Kanon and Last Exile.
Is Samurai 7 on blu-ray good or should I just get it on dvd?

[quote name='Virsago']Is Samurai 7 on blu-ray good or should I just get it on dvd?[/QUOTE]

Samurai 7 was originally produced in HD, so get the Blu-ray if possible.

[quote name='slowdive21']These are available at the B&M, but they are marked and have been on sale a couple of weeks according to an employee.[/QUOTE]

When I was buying that clearanced version of Code Geass 2 weeks ago, I remember looking through the anime section and not seeing any other cheap anime titles.

I will be picking up: Claymore (blu-ray), both School Rumble sets, Buccano!, Last Exile and Samurai 7 (blu-ray). I really need to stop visiting this thread because my wallet will be hurting bad this weekend.

Thanks so much for the thread, WTK!

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I hope this survives for another month. I wanna get quite a few DVDs like Dragon Box and Holic.[/QUOTE]

I think the end date on the signs said 7/27

Dammit. Upgrading and getting some new stuff

Claymore Bluray (Upgrade)
Witchblade Bluray (Upgrade)
Tsubasa Season 2 Bluray
Karin
Ouran Bluray

sigh... always when I don't wanna spend more money....

and at some of the best prices I've seen for most of these.

Hello, my name is Razzuel, and I have a problem:

• Witchblade Blu-ray (Upgrade)
  • Spice and Wolf Season One
  • Tsubasa and xxxHolic Movies Blu-ray
  • Gunslinger Girl Blu-ray (Upgrade)
  • Gunslinger Girl 2 Blu-ray
  • Ouran High School Host Club Blu-ray
  • Linebarrels of Iron Part One
  • Aquarion
  • xxxHolic
  • Karin
  • Samurai 7 Blu-ray
  • Strike Witches
  • School Rumble Season Two
  • Negima!?
  • Black Lagoon

[quote name='Razzuel']Hello, my name is Razzuel, and I have a problem[/QUOTE]
The only problem I see there is Negima!?. Negima manga is awesome, the first anime series is good, Negima!? is abysmal.

Yay on School Rumble season 2! I'm watching it right now, or I should say rewatching since I've seen it at least 20 times by now.

[quote name='Razzuel']Hello, my name is Razzuel, and I have a problem:

• Witchblade Blu-ray (Upgrade)
  • Spice and Wolf Season One
  • Tsubasa and xxxHolic Movies Blu-ray
  • Gunslinger Girl Blu-ray (Upgrade)
  • Gunslinger Girl 2 Blu-ray
  • Ouran High School Host Club Blu-ray
  • Linebarrels of Iron Part One
  • Aquarion
  • xxxHolic
  • Karin
  • Samurai 7 Blu-ray
  • Strike Witches
  • School Rumble Season Two
  • Negima!?
  • Black Lagoon
[/QUOTE]

From the way you post in the rightstuf thread, i'd think you'd have a lot of these already ;)

Is Aquarion any good? I kind of like the op, but I don't know much about it otherwise, haha.

Aquarion is a unique beast - it's like a cross between Escaflowne, GaoGaiGar, and Utena.

I was fairly pleased with it when I picked it up at the last Right Stuf Funi sale.

I'm going to try for Baccano myself.

[quote name='Rave Child']From the way you post in the rightstuf thread, i'd think you'd have a lot of these already ;)

Is Aquarion any good? I kind of like the op, but I don't know much about it otherwise, haha.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I don't already own any of these. I guess you could say I already own Witchblade and Gunslinger Girl, but I'm buying the Blu-ray versions as upgrades to my DVD versions.

Uh, I'm not sure about Aquarion. It was only 12 dollars, and I heard it looks and sounds amazing, and the story is supposed to be mediocre, so I thought it would be decent enough to purchase.

BTW, I know slowdive already mentioned this, but I wanted to confirm that these are the prices in store, too. My stores had sale tags up for all of them, and they definitely weren't there before today.

In total, I ended up getting:

Claymore Blu-ray (returning my more expensive copy to rightstuf)
Tsubasa Blu-ray ((returning my more expensive copy to rightstuf))
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shambala Blu-ray
Aquarion
Baccano!
Black Lagoon
DBZ: Dead Zone/World's Strongest Steelbook
DBZ: Dragon Box 2
DBZ: Dragon Box 3
Karin
Last Exile
Spice and Wolf

I think I have a bit of a problem, too... I would have bought more of the blus, but I already had Samurai 7, Witchblade, Ouran, Trinity Blood, and Gunslinger Girl.

I'm still contemplating these 4 if i get more money by selling stuff.

Heroic Age Bluray
Strike Witches
Spice and Wolf
Aquarion

FYI word of advice but no one buy Dragonaut. That show is horrible.

Thanks WTK

Devil May Cry: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) (Being shipped)
Trinity Blood: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) (Picked up)

The BB I went to didn't have the prices marked down or stickers showing sale prices. No worries, the price will be adjusted at the register. I may pick up some more later in the week.

Got Trinity Blood, Witchblade, Heroic Age, and Karin. Damn Heroic Age had to go backordered before I got my order in :(

Thanks OP! I tried to save some money this month and you made sure I didn't :)

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Tsubasa is tempting me :/ I heard that the Blu-ray isn't a Huge improvement to the dvd's, so i'm confused.

- I got the following.

Tsubasa: Collected Memories - The Complete Series
School Rumble: Season 2
Xenosaga: Complete Box Set
Kanon: The Complete Series
Aquarion: Complete Series
Karin: The Complete Series
Xxxholic Season 1

If any of these really suck, lemme know :) Thanks

Still debating Baccano since I heard good things about it...
[/QUOTE]

You could probably do without Xenosaga. I thought it sucked. However, I've played and beat Xenosaga a few times and the anime pales in comparison to the game. However, it could be entertaining to someone who hasn't played the game.

You did say School Rumble is good and I've decent things about it so I may bite on it.

[quote name='GhostShark']You could probably do without Xenosaga. I thought it sucked. However, I've played and beat Xenosaga a few times and the anime pales in comparison to the game. However, it could be entertaining to someone who hasn't played the game.

You did say School Rumble is good and I've decent things about it so I may bite on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've seen mostly bad things about Xenosaga, but I thought for under 10, It would be slightly more justified.

Yeah, School Rumble is a good buy!

I'm going to get Angelic Layer , and probably order Claymore later. It comes out to 30 after taxes, so I'm still hesitant...

Some awesome prices here. Too bad I have most of the blu-rays that I want. I'll wait for an xxxholic collection on blu where they add the first 24 epis and the second 13. I don't buy anime in pieces, it costs too much usually. Grabbed second season of Gunslinger Girl, which I had previously downloaded and watched (after enjoying the 1st season, but hearing the 2nd was bad). 2nd was good, peeps just don't like colors and animation changing I guess. Yay for being legit.

Eh, Claymore had a really badass premise but the action was cheaply animated and the dialogue was over done to the point of ridiculousness.

That's my side of it anyways.

[quote name='batman1939']Okay I got some Dragonball question. I know DBZ Kai is the Nickelodeon version of DBZ but is it uncut on DVD or edited? I was watching it on TV the other day and remember Goku falling off snake way and going to hell before reaching King Kai but they did not show it on the show. The Dragon Box is only Japanese voice acting or can I switch to English dub? Is the Android and Buu Saga coming out in a Dragon Box or are they out? Are the orange box versions any good because I remember someone saying that they did not look good because they had to be recut for widescreen format?[/QUOTE]

About DBZ Kai, its NOT the nickelodeon version of DBZ. its dragonball Z, but compressed down to waaay less episodes by getting rid of the filler. The version that airs on nickelodeon is toned down, but the blu-ray is the same release that came out in japan, which has also been changed in some parts such as getting rid of nudity and what not. Vol. 1 is only 13 episodes, but it ends around the episode where Goku starts to fight the saiyans, which originally was like what, episode 20?

I believe dragon box has both japanese and english dubs, but not sure.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Yeah, I've seen mostly bad things about Xenosaga, but I thought for under 10, It would be slightly more justified.

Yeah, School Rumble is a good buy!

I'm going to get Angelic Layer , and probably order Claymore later. It comes out to 30 after taxes, so I'm still hesitant...[/QUOTE]

I got these. I wish Samurai Champloo would be on sale.

bread's done
Back