[DEAD] $8.99 Steelbooks (not 100% sure if all are steelbooks) at Best Buy

batman1939

Banned
Last edited by a moderator:
wish they had the True Heroes comic ones and Transformers ones. May bite on Batman, Batman Returns, Chinatown, and Shawshank but dunno. Wonder if ita just this week they are on sale.

I'd like to pick up a couple of those True Heroes steelbooks at Fry's but it looks like they are movie only, no special features.  Does anyone know if this is the case?

I only have Shaun of the Dead and as far as I know it's the same disc as the regular one so it has features. It comes with the bluray, DVD, iTunes and UV digital copy.

You can always try to PM at BestBuy too. YMMV.

They are all the same discs as any single-disc regular release. If it has a second disc, that disc is not included. If the regular version has everything on one disc, then that is the one in the Steels.

If posted somewhere else delete.

I know the Batman Begins and Dark Knight are steelbook designs I bought last month. Others look like ones i saw at Best Buy and Wal-Mart. Sucks they are $8.99 so no coupon can be used this time, guess they learned from last time.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-4421759133779794262&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=GL_Video_Sale_20130801&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=&qp=&list=n&usc=All+Categories&nrp=36&fs=16&iht=n
BTW, the majority of these are also on Amazon for $8.99. Just have to search for them.

I picked up 300 and Gladiator since I don't own them and actually never seen those films. I think I am also going to buy Inception and Sucker Punch because I love both of those Films and the Steelbooks are really nice looking!

I don't follow BR prices. Is that a good deal for the LOTR films? Are those just the theatrical release versions?

As it should be mentioned in every thread about it:

Sucker Punch ONLY includes the Theatrical cut, not the extended cut that comes with pretty much every other BD version sold.  With that said, it's one of the best looking alternate Steelbook cover arts ever, right alongside that too sweet fetus Matrix Steelbook also in this offering.

A giant boo to all of the lazy companies that release steelbooks with identical artwork as the standard release.  Steelbooks should be treated special with custom (read: better) artwork.  I, for one, boycott any and all boring/same steelbook artwork.

A giant boo to all of the lazy companies that release steelbooks with identical artwork as the standard release. Steelbooks should be treated special with custom (read: better) artwork. I, for one, boycott any and all boring/same steelbook artwork.

Which is why I despise the current Thor and Captain America steels.

Which is why I despise the current Thor and Captain America steels.
Still though the Thor and Cap steels are sweet looking. I wish the US got a "standard" release for that. Arent they suppose to be releasing another steelbook for both?

EDIT: yep looks like zavvi has there own exclusives and they are using the poster as artwork. Well you guys got your wish. Different artwork but i think it looks horrible compared to the other releases. Same with the Batman steels. The Amazon.jp steels for Begins and TDK destroy anything else released.

Is there a second design for the Batman Begins steelbook at Best Buy or did their site just put up the wrong picture? The one I have is the more standard looking one that shows Batman with his cape stretched out that was used for most of the releases (including the DVD) and can be seen on Amazon.

9136379.jpg

Also, anyone know if the Watchmen steel is the theatrical or the extended cut? Have the extended cut on that 3 disc set with V for Vendetta and Constantine but actually wouldn't mind a shorter runtime cut. (That's right, I don't care about you old Nite Owl!)

PS: Worth mentioning that the upgrade and save deal won't work with these since they're under 9.99.

What does it mean when some of them say "Enhanced widescreen for 16x9 tvs"? I'm interested in a couple of these but not sure what it means.
I'm guessing it's just marketing speak left over from the DVD since virtually all BluRay movies have the movie in the original aspect ratios.

BTW, $8.99 is a dirty move by BB to prevent people from taking advantage of the current U&S.

Is there a second design for the Batman Begins steelbook at Best Buy or did their site just put up the wrong picture? The one I have is the more standard looking one that shows Batman with his cape stretched out that was used for most of the releases (including the DVD) and can be seen on Amazon.

9136379.jpg

Also, anyone know if the Watchmen steel is the theatrical or the extended cut? Have the extended cut on that 3 disc set with V for Vendetta and Constantine but actually wouldn't mind a shorter runtime cut. (That's right, I don't care about you old Nite Owl!)

PS: Worth mentioning that the upgrade and save deal won't work with these since they're under 9.99.
best buy had their own exclusive steelbooks that everyone got for $5 with TDKR movie cash. The one with Rachel is a new steelbook released worldwide.

Got Batman and Batman Returns, thanks op. Sucked they dropped these below the Upgrade price, I would have gone nuts on their steelbooks otherwise.

i dont know if  someone post this but Amazon PM this deal

best buy had their own exclusive steelbooks that everyone got for $5 with TDKR movie cash. The one with Rachel is a new steelbook released worldwide.
Thanks for the clarification. A new front cover isn't enough for me to double dip even if part of me likes the Rachel cover better with the splash of color.

And thanks for the heads up about the Amazon PM.

Picked up Batman today, buddy picked up several. Haven't bought any blu-rays in awhile but had to bite at that price, plus I'm a sucker for steelbooks.

bread's done
Back