[DEAD] 802.11 b/g Router w/ 4 port switch - $14.99 @ NewEgg --Good only through 12/10

I have this router. its really good. I can play/hook PS2/XBX/360/PS3/PSP fine and wifi works wonders too. I play wireless on PS3 with this so its a damn great deal. If you are a big gamer, get this joint!!!

I might have to get this, but I don't know too much about routers and tech-stuff in general- how would I hook up a 360 to it, just another ethernet cable? And the Wii would go through Wifi, since it has a wireless receiver?

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']I might have to get this, but I don't know too much about routers and tech-stuff in general- how would I hook up a 360 to it, just another ethernet cable? And the Wii would go through Wifi, since it has a wireless receiver?[/quote]
for the wii its easy setup, just look it up online.

thanks for this deal i ordered one. very cheap too.

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']I might have to get this, but I don't know too much about routers and tech-stuff in general- how would I hook up a 360 to it, just another ethernet cable? And the Wii would go through Wifi, since it has a wireless receiver?[/quote]

If you're using this as a general router and not as a bridge for the 360, then yes, just hook it up via ethernet cable.

I have a question. I know that routers can be used as a hub but can I use the wireless part to boost the signal? My situation is that the wireless router is upstairs and downstairs get pretty bad signal, can I use this router as a hub and also be able to connect computers to it wirelessly?

I have a crappy D-Link that resets itself when the wireless is on, so I am in need of a new router. I'm going to do one more search on possible fixes, and then I may jump on this. Glad to see a few CAGs have already bought it and liked it.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I have a crappy D-Link that resets itself when the wireless is on, so I am in need of a new router. I'm going to do one more search on possible fixes, and then I may jump on this. Glad to see a few CAGs have already bought it and liked it.[/quote]

Hey I had that problem too with my D-Link router and it frustrated the heck out of me until I resolved it. Not sure if this will work for you, but if you set it up manually like I did initially, try using the quick setup disc that came with it to set everything up.

[quote name='degenerazn']I have a question. I know that routers can be used as a hub but can I use the wireless part to boost the signal? My situation is that the wireless router is upstairs and downstairs get pretty bad signal, can I use this router as a hub and also be able to connect computers to it wirelessly?[/quote]
It doesn't look like it'll act as an extension of your current wireless (signal booster) setup, but theoretically you could run a crossover cable from your existing to this one, configure it for the same SSID and security, then turn off DHCP, essentially making it a switch with built in wireless.

I would maybe suggest something along these lines though, it costs a little more but serves the exact purpose you're looking for (also, if you're not networking savvy you may want to get some assistance it seems):
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F5D713...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1228936776&sr=8-1

Thanks OP! Just grabbed one. Finally gonna take the PS3 online!

I have a NOOB question.

Can I use anykind of ethernet cable to run from the router to the ps3 with this router? Or do I have to buy a certain one?

Thanks!

[quote name='stormrider81']Thanks OP! Just grabbed one. Finally gonna take the PS3 online!

I have a NOOB question.

Can I use anykind of ethernet cable to run from the router to the ps3 with this router? Or do I have to buy a certain one?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Any kind should work fine.

[quote name='stormrider81']Thanks OP! Just grabbed one. Finally gonna take the PS3 online!

I have a NOOB question.

Thanks![/quote]
Yup, any kind will work, just make sure it's not a crossover cable (which most likely will be more expensive).

bread's done
Back