[dead] ADV St. Patrick's Clearance sale

DuelLadyS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Semi-decent this time around... a lot of the DVD's from rightstuf's big sale are here, so it's a good (if slightly more expensive) way to finish off show you might have missed, or that weren't available in full at rightstuf. (I picked up the last 3 Gilgamesh and the Kaleido Star New Wings volume I was missing.)

Still offering a 'free gift' with purchase, plus a limited Robotech figure. Although I can't find any more info on the figure.

http://www.advfilms.com/sale.asp

[quote name='thechairmanh2k']does anyone know if the Air Gear dvds are censored like it was on tv with those damn crows?[/QUOTE]

According to the Newtype sampler disc, there's less crows than the TV version, but they're not gone entirely. Or something like that.

(More importantly, this is a pretty lousy sale to buy Air Gear from. Wait for something else. :D )

[quote name='hero101']They still have the free hole punch with every purchase?[/QUOTE]

"Products offered through this sale are clearance and close-out items. As such, product bar codes will be reconfigured, replaced or physically altered (including by means of cutting, punching or drilling). Some products may be open box. Some products may be delivered without full retail packaging. Except as expressly provided otherwise, products are sold as-is."

[quote name='sandman007']"Products offered through this sale are clearance and close-out items. As such, product bar codes will be reconfigured, replaced or physically altered (including by means of cutting, punching or drilling). Some products may be open box. Some products may be delivered without full retail packaging. Except as expressly provided otherwise, products are sold as-is."[/quote]

That completely turned me off this deal, the Rightstuf one was better, but there were some dvds that they were missing on the list, so its good to finish up a complete set.

fuck. Thanks for getting rid of the Gatchaman box sets ADV. I really, really wanted to pick up Box 2 and 6 and up but nooooooooooooo. Shipping kills the deal.

[quote name='sandman007']"Products offered through this sale are clearance and close-out items. As such, product bar codes will be reconfigured, replaced or physically altered (including by means of cutting, punching or drilling). Some products may be open box. Some products may be delivered without full retail packaging. Except as expressly provided otherwise, products are sold as-is."[/QUOTE]

It's not as bad as it sounds. I havne't heard of anyone getting stuff open or with missing parts for a very long time. Plus the mentioned punching/drilling hole is about the size of a thumb tack hole, and doesn't go all the way through.

The real problem is the shipping/tax usually kills the price... I was pretty surprised when I did the math and found out the DVDs I wanted came out to a good price shipped.

[quote name='Lizard Axe']Ouch... $9 shipping for two dvds.[/quote]

Yea, I was going to grab 3 DVDs totaling 18$ myself, then the 9$ shipping came up and I was like "ewww"

All I'd really need out of this is the other volumes of Gilgamesh.but after shipping there like 3 times the price of the volumes that were offered in the Rightstuf sale.

Plus you can tell this sale is a joke when the Excel Saga Thinpack set costs more than the IMPerfect boxset.

Anyone else getting a weird run-time error when you try to check-out after entering all your shipping info in? I was going to pick up some of the volumes I'm missing from TRSI sale, but not having much luck.

Thanks DuelLadyS!

They have that last volume of Godannar at $10 and the have the Special Edition of Princess Blade for $7. I have been wanting to replace my standard version for a while now.

I never ordered from ADV before, but I think I'll give them a try.

Got my box today- while under 3 weeks is pretty quick for ADV, I was disappointed that my 'free gift' DVD (Diamond Daydreams vol. 1) was one I'd just bought during the RS sale. Made for a good convo with my sister tho':

me: Awww...
her: what?
me: My free gift DVD is one I already have.
her:... MINE!
me:... are you you want a show like this? (she normally watches vampire anime)
her: MINE!
me: OK then...

the Robotech robot is kinda fun... I'm not familiar with the show and therefore don't know just which one it is, but it's about 2 inches tall, red, and has logos for 'Jupiter Base' on it. It's supposed to turn into an airplane or something, but it had no instructions and my transforming-robot-toy skills are woefully underdeveloped, so I don't think I'm doing it right. (I'll ask my boyfriend later.)

bread's done
Back