(DEAD) Alien Anthology BR Amazon.UK $20.00 shipped

came out to 23.67 hipped for me, thanks op! BTW do you know if this set is the one in the actual case, or is it a fold out set? I looked at the pics on amazon.co.uk and there were both kinds so im confused.

[quote name='Mattx510']Came out to $23.67 for me as well, where did you did $20 shippped? same questions for me also what are the differences between this and the usa release?[/QUOTE]

The USA is a book, that same as the new star wars set, and we dont know exactly what the packaging for the UK is. maybe he rounded down for the price?

Nice price. Anyone have any thoughts or links to articles detailing how this is different from the previous DVD Alien Anthology released a few years back. I have that so I have a hard time knowing if its worth the upgrade.

Edit: Nevermind, I did some research. Debating with my wallet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seether254']came out to 23.67 hipped for me, thanks op! BTW do you know if this set is the one in the actual case, or is it a fold out set? I looked at the pics on amazon.co.uk and there were both kinds so im confused.[/QUOTE]

They originally released it with the fold out. But from what other ppl were posting last time there was a price drop was that it was a mixture of both the fold out and the cases being sent. That said, the case version is the most recent version and what most should get. But who knows if there are any fold outs left.

I picked this up last year when it was first released. Personally, I like the look of the US release better. But it is not worth the difference in price just for packaging. Not a big fan of the foldout version, but I can deal with it.

$23.67 here. Wish it was the Digipack, but I still have my Alien Quadrilogy, and really, the movies are what's important, not the packaging. For this price, I can't NOT pick it up - been waiting forever for a decent price, and this more than qualifies.

Insane price, it will never get this low in the U.S. And here I was kicking myself for not buying it last time it was in the low $30s. Now it's in the low $20s!

Even though 3 & 4 mostly stink, it's worth it alone for 1 & 2. Two of the finest sci-fi flicks ever.

[quote name='Mattx510']Came out to $23.67 for me as well, where did you did $20 shippped? same questions for me also what are the differences between this and the usa release?[/QUOTE]

When i did the chekout it came down to that price.

Item Subtotal : 11.66
Postage & Packaging 3.08
Total Before VAT 14.74

fucking hell, I want the US set so bad but $20? I doubt it will ever beat this price. There's so many pictured versions of this set now; does anyone know if it comes as the roll-out cardboard or is it the enlarged bluray casing now?

It's region free. I bought this last year along with many other CAGs for $38. Many of us ended up with 2 copies due to the whole shipping fiasco. I thought it was a steal then let alone at 20. Buy buy buy...

[quote name='kill3r7']It's region free. I bought this last year along with many other CAGs for $38. Many of us ended up with 2 copies due to the whole shipping fiasco. I thought it was a steal then let alone at 20. Buy buy buy...[/QUOTE]

Placed my order. Thanks kill3r7 for the confirmation. And thank you OP.

~KC

[quote name='joshxx']When i did the chekout it came down to that price.

Item Subtotal : 11.66
Postage & Packaging 3.08
Total Before VAT 14.74[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the deal, OP, I just went in for one as well (hoping I get the slim Amaray case instead of the fruit-by-the-foot foldout version)

If you're implying that 14.74uk is $20 shipped, then you might want to check your order summary page info...

Mine looked like this:

Grand Total: GBP 14.74
Payment Grand Total: USD 23.67 **

[quote name='joshxx']Founded the Alien Anthology new for $20.00 shipped, of course this is from amazon.uk , region free.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Antho...BYUG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316674950&sr=8-1

Great deal.[/QUOTE]

JOSHXX: our great and glorious founder!!!

Already bit on this earlier this year and 1) yes it's region free and 2) the new copies use a 6-disc armaray case, no fold out in either the style of the Star Wars Blu-rays or of the older Fox TV DVD sets.

The only negative trade-off is the fact that there are a few ugly ratings logos on the cover, not a big deal unless you're totally OCD!

So wait, for people outside the UK, are these being fulfilled by Amazon? It says dispatched items to UK will be fulfilled by their preferred merchant, yet it doesn't say what happens if you're outside the UK. Indigostarfish states they will not ship outside the UK, so it's just confusing not knowing who is shipping this.

[quote name='Jodou']So wait, for people outside the UK, are these being fulfilled by Amazon? It says dispatched items to UK will be fulfilled by their preferred merchant, yet it doesn't say what happens if you're outside the UK. Indigostarfish states they will not ship outside the UK, so it's just confusing not knowing who is shipping this.[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain that the preferred merchant only takes care of the UK and Amazon does outside the UK. With their prices they likely had to set them to do UK as I wouldn't doubt that they get just as many, if not more orders from outside the UK

[quote name='Jodou']So wait, for people outside the UK, are these being fulfilled by Amazon? It says dispatched items to UK will be fulfilled by their preferred merchant, yet it doesn't say what happens if you're outside the UK. Indigostarfish states they will not ship outside the UK, so it's just confusing not knowing who is shipping this.[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=13378011

If you order an item that is messaged as being sold by Amazon's Preferred Merchant for dispatch to anywhere other than the UK, you are placing your Order with Amazon.co.uk. This will be subject to Amazon.co.uk's terms and conditions, and the appropriate VAT charges for the destination country will be applied to the order. Click here for more information.

[quote name='sdcranford']Thanks OP, got a copy. They seem to have a bunch of blu box sets much cheaper than the US site.[/QUOTE]Not all of them are region-free, so you need to check before ordering.

[quote name='Kerig']Thanks for the deal, OP, I just went in for one as well (hoping I get the slim Amaray case instead of the fruit-by-the-foot foldout version)

If you're implying that 14.74uk is $20 shipped, then you might want to check your order summary page info...

Mine looked like this:

Grand Total: GBP 14.74
Payment Grand Total: USD 23.67 **[/QUOTE]

Don't know if it was a one case,sometimes Amazon puts items you have of your interest and lowers the price for about $1 or $2 dlls depending of the price, maybe that was in my case , but anyhow my total looks like this

Item(s) Subtotal: £11.66
Postage & Packing: £3.08
-----
Total before VAT: £14.74
VAT: £0.00
-----
Total: £14.74
-----
Total for this Delivery: £14.74

The total is $20.00

Was gonna jump for $40 but this is so much better.

man, how can you not want to buy this immediately? I bought in the last super sale for w/e that price was, but this is insane. Never thought this collection would go so low.

I was considering selling my Quadrilogy DVD set, but it seriously looks like an alien ravaged through it. Some of the disc holders are cracked, the cardboard package looks crushed in some areas and some of the discs come loose. The DVD's are still in great shape despite all that.

So, Any takers? :D

I couldn't resist, especially since I need this for my Halloween movie collection to watch every year. It should arrive just in time to finish out the holiday!

[quote name='Ziltoid']Damn, thanks. I hope this isnt a mistake and gets canceled.

Actual its probably not a mistake, they have a few other box sets marked down. Matrix and Planet of the Apes are both around 25 USD also.

Does anyone know if this will play for US regions? - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294[/QUOTE]
Looks like it should be. I have ordered this, Aliens Anthology and the HP set. Great BR movie series at about $5 a move is very nice.

How and Where are you guys seeing it as region free? I assumed it was and already ordered and it is being disbatched. From what I see on the product page it says Region B/2, so please let me know if this truly is region free.

[quote name='Mattx510']How and Where are you guys seeing it as region free? I assumed it was and already ordered and it is being disbatched. From what I see on the product page it says Region B/2, so please let me know if this truly is region free.[/QUOTE]

alienanthology02.jpg

Courtesy of blu-ray.com region ABC so for all region.
I believe

Region A = US
Region B = UK
Region C = Japan

Plus many hundreds of people confirming it's region free :p

[quote name='Mattx510']How and Where are you guys seeing it as region free? I assumed it was and already ordered and it is being disbatched. From what I see on the product page it says Region B/2, so please let me know if this truly is region free.[/QUOTE]

Because of the reviews of other people saying that it is region free, normally big movies like this come in region free, but either way you should see comments or reviews to see if its the right product you're buying.

Thanks, OP!

I really shouldn't drop the money on this, but considering it's roughly the price of one of the US single releases, I can't pass this up.

[quote name='joshxx']Total for this Delivery: £14.74

The total is $20.00[/QUOTE]

Congrats on that, but £14.74 ≠ $20.00.

Still confused but happy about the $24 price. I have not a single Alien movie on DVD, so BD is a solid buy for me.

bread's done
Back