(DEAD) Alien Anthology BR Amazon.UK $20.00 shipped

For those wondering if it is a price mistake, the reason it probably dropped is to pm another uk site(hmv.com).

As far as region coding, never trust what amazon uk says. Do your own research. Check what others post in the reviews on the site, check the website listed on page 2 of this thread, etc. I've even looked up stuff on ebay and found pics of packages to confirm region coding as amazon uk has been known to be wrong alot with what they list.

[quote name='darkdaze73']For those wondering if it is a price mistake, the reason it probably dropped is to pm another uk site(hmv.com).

As far as region coding, never trust what amazon uk says. Do your own research. Check what others post in the reviews on the site, check the website listed on page 2 of this thread, etc. I've even looked up stuff on ebay and found pics of packages to confirm region coding as amazon uk has been known to be wrong alot with what they list.[/QUOTE]It is region free, as I own it and have no issues with it.

Back packaging pics are always the ones to look at, when they're the right pics of course.

[quote name='Ed_']Just saw this today...looks like it's OOS :cry:[/QUOTE]
Yep, just sold out this morning. They had raised the price to £16.99 just before going OOS.

[quote name='shrike4242']It is region free, as I own it and have no issues with it.

Back packaging pics are always the ones to look at, when they're the right pics of course.[/QUOTE]

Same here. But I know alot of ppl were questioning Amazons listing and rightfully so. They frequently list blu-ray movies as being region B or PAL. Just saying you can not always go by what they list.

I purchased this the other day and used paypal master card to pay and it hasn't been shipped yet. Does amazon uk take paypal master cards and if so do you think it's because it went out of stock the reason i ask is because my total was not in US dollars so I don't know if they take my card : /

last time I ordered from them using the regular shipping, my order didn't ship for about a week and a half. I wouldn't worry about it.

[quote name='janesvilleninja']I purchased this the other day and used paypal master card to pay and it hasn't been shipped yet. Does amazon uk take paypal master cards and if so do you think it's because it went out of stock the reason i ask is because my total was not in US dollars so I don't know if they take my card : /[/QUOTE]
If you actually read the email they sent you, you'll see when it's estimated to dispatch.

[quote name='dmdragon']

Courtesy of blu-ray.com region ABC so for all region.
I believe

Region A = US
Region B = UK
Region C = Japan

Plus many hundreds of people confirming it's region free :p[/QUOTE]

Japan is region A as well.

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]A:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]North America, Central America, South America, Japan, Taiwan, North Korea, South Korea, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]

B:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]

C:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Mainland China, Pakistan, Russia, Central and South Asia

Group A wins by a long shot. Group C reads like a Naughty Bootlegger list.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Saw this mentioned on blu-ray.com a few days ago. Couldn't pass up a bargain to upgrade my Alien Legacy dvd boxset.

[quote name='bigsyxxy']Got mine in CA yesterday...somehow took under a week with regular shipping...case mine came in is the non-foldout.[/QUOTE]
Mine still hasn't shipped and is estimated to arrive oct 20 lol

No shipping notice either, but noticed the dispatch est. changed to Sept 29-30 -- which is earlier than what it was when I ordered.

No biggie. It's not like I've never seen the movies.

[quote name='Keyboard Cowboy']Received my shipping notice this morning. Going through Royal Mail with no tracking number. Estimated arrival October 19.[/QUOTE]
exactly the same email I got today.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I got mine in the mail today. That was relatively fast![/QUOTE]

I also received mine today! :) I order the day the deal was live (Sept 22nd) Got it today (October 1st) Just over a week shipping to USA from UK, not bad. I love Amazon :)

I have to say, Amazon UK really sucks ass. They shipped this via something called "DHL Global Mail". There's a tracking number, but it never works. Amazon UK says something like "tracking not available at this time" and DHL Global Mail's site just says the number is "not found".

Oh, and it's been two weeks and still no delivery.

[quote name='takotchi']I have to say, Amazon UK really sucks ass. They shipped this via something called "DHL Global Mail". There's a tracking number, but it never works. Amazon UK says something like "tracking not available at this time" and DHL Global Mail's site just says the number is "not found".

Oh, and it's been two weeks and still no delivery.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat, but my estimated delivery is by 10/14, so there's still another week.

From what I've gathered Amazon UK doesn't always use DHL, but they are slower. People that have stuff shipped by Royal Mail usually get it in about a week, often less.

Last edited by a moderator:
My order was initially estimated to come in on Oct 20, but was dispatched Sept 30 via Royal Mail. It arrived in my mailbox (SoCal) this past Thurs, Oct 6. So I'd say Royal Mail would take a week, maybe a little less.

Mine says no tracking info :whistle2:(.

It says estimated date is Oct 21, so hopefully it'll be here by then. Perfect for a Halloween marathon.

Got mine on Tuesday and while the US packaging is nice, I'm pretty satisfied with the UK version. Wish they didn't put the stupid rating logos on everything, though.

Got mine Saturday. No real complaints about the packaging. Might do a mini marathon of the first 2 movies with the wife on halloween.

im still thinking of getting this even though this deal is dead. it still seems cheaper than the here in the U.S.

Mine showed up. The rating symbols are a bit obtrusive, but not as bad as I thought they would be based on the picture. The slip cover is ridiculously tight on the case though. I literally have to hold it with the opening facing down and shake it until the case gets far enough out to grab onto and pull.

Still waiting for mine. Keep hoping it'll show up, but so far, no sign of it. And of course, Amazon.co.uk's tracking doesn't tell me anything.

Figure it HAS to arrive one of these days. Right?

Deal is back on amazon.UK, but not to the same degree....Now it 17 pounds/approx. $28 shipped to the US

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003AQBYUG/

I'm tempted by this, but my instinct is that the single disks versions will likely be on sale on black friday for $10 or so (they are currently $13 at costco) and all I want is the first two movies

So Amazon.co.uk said mine was supposed to arrive yesterday (10/14). Still hasn't, hoping for today. The tracking just says it was "...handed over to the carrier and is in transit", dated 9/28, with no updated information as to where it is, or could be.

How long should I wait before telling them it's not arrived yet? Some of you guys are reporting 7 business days for your delivery - mine is currently at 10 business days and counting. I'm in the DC area, and usually delivery is incredibly quick - I know this is coming from oversees, but we still have major package hubs in the area, and I wouldn't expect much of a delay.

Sorry, just really looking forward to this set, and kinda worried that it's in the wind now - don't really want to deal with the hassle of trying to get a replacement set shipped.

bread's done
Back