(DEAD) Alien Anthology BR Amazon.UK $20.00 shipped

[quote name='INCyr']So Amazon.co.uk said mine was supposed to arrive yesterday (10/14). Still hasn't, hoping for today. The tracking just says it was "...handed over to the carrier and is in transit", dated 9/28, with no updated information as to where it is, or could be.

How long should I wait before telling them it's not arrived yet? Some of you guys are reporting 7 business days for your delivery - mine is currently at 10 business days and counting. I'm in the DC area, and usually delivery is incredibly quick - I know this is coming from oversees, but we still have major package hubs in the area, and I wouldn't expect much of a delay.

Sorry, just really looking forward to this set, and kinda worried that it's in the wind now - don't really want to deal with the hassle of trying to get a replacement set shipped.[/QUOTE]

Hello I am in the same boat. I talked to a CS and they said the delay was by DHL and I should expect the item no later then the Oct 22nd. I am in WI hope that helps.

Mine was sent via DHL, and I just got an email to tell me it was returned as "Undeliverable" back to Amazon. I've had half a dozen items ship from Amazon.co.uk over the last couple of years, and I've never had that problem with items sent via Royal Mail. They're definitely going to hear from me on this one.

[quote name='BlaculaDave']Mine was sent via DHL, and I just got an email to tell me it was returned as "Undeliverable" back to Amazon. I've had half a dozen items ship from Amazon.co.uk over the last couple of years, and I've never had that problem with items sent via Royal Mail. They're definitely going to hear from me on this one.[/QUOTE]

Same thing. fuck Amazon.co.uk.

edit: Sent them a message politely pointing out that no actual delivery attempt was made, that my address was correct, that DHL clearly just sucks a fat one, &c. Hopefully Amazon UK's customer service is as good as Amazon US's.

edit2: I received a response. They will not let me re-order at the original price. fuck them, just forget it. Never using Amazon UK again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='takotchi']Same thing. fuck Amazon.co.uk.

edit: Sent them a message politely pointing out that no actual delivery attempt was made, that my address was correct, that DHL clearly just sucks a fat one, &c. Hopefully Amazon UK's customer service is as good as Amazon US's.

edit2: I received a response. They will not let me re-order at the original price. fuck them, just forget it. Never using Amazon UK again.[/QUOTE]

same thing here first problem I've ever had with amazon uk...its kinda bs

The problems you guys are seeing with Amazon UK and an "undeliverable package" have become commonplace when ordering from Amazon France.

There is clearly some kind of major issue involving customs in the UK and packages being shipped to the US. Amazon FR packages are affected because all of Amazon's European packages apparently go through UK customs to get here.

I went through 3 different orders from Amazon FR including multiple phone calls from France (they called me) and all kinds of emails before I was able to get 1 Blu-Ray to successfully arrive from Amazon FR. They even gave me free expedited shipping from UPS at one point on the second try and even that didn't get here. Only on the third attempt was the item NOT returned to them.

There's next to nothing you can do either other than continue to communicate with Amazon UK/FR/whereever and also email [email protected], which is the President's email...they have a rep who reads those and tends to escalate the various issues accordingly. If you guys get screwed on the pricing that's just wrong -- they ought to send you another copy at the original price.

For more info, read this Blu-Ray.com thread some of us have posted in. You'll see there have been loads of people with this problem:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/france/168444-whats-wrong-amazon-fr.html

After escalating, they finally let me re-order. They said it'd be the original price (11.66) but when I added it to the cart, it said 14.xx (I forget the change).

Whatever, still way cheaper than over here. I'll give them one more chance.

I am still waiting on my copy also. Said it was suppose to be delivered by 10-14-11. I have not received anything saying it was undeliverable yet. I think I am going to wait a few more days and then I will contact them and see what they say.

My item could not be delivered also I hate DHL i know the guy that does the deliveries around here and he is a shady guy. I sent a message and hope to get another item shipped out.

Wow, this is very interesting. I thought it was just me.

I had a split shipment. I ordered Hanna, Planet of the Apes and Alien Anthology.
Hanna and Apes shipped Royal Mail (and arrived two weeks ago) and Alien shipped DHL.

I received the undeliverable message yesterday.
Here's the e-mail I sent to customer service:
Hello:

This was part of a split shipment, the other two items arrived (via Royal Mail) with no problems so I'm not sure what the issue was. (I wish the reason behind this being marked as 'Undeliverable shipment' was more specific.)

That being said I would like to reorder the item.
However, the price has increased from £11.66 to £14.16. (w/vat removed)
Also, when I order from amazon.uk I order a number of items at one time to save on shipping. If I reorder this item I will have to pay the base price plus the per item price all over again.

So, as of today my total would be:
Item(s) Subtotal: £14.16
Postage & Packing: £3.08
-----
Total Before VAT: £17.24

Bottom line, I guess what I am asking is, is it possible to reorder at the price of my refund. Keeping in mind that the shipping issues do not appear to be a problem on my end.

My refund statement:
Item(s) Subtotal: £11.66
Delivery Credit: £1.69
-----
Total Before VAT: £13.35

A difference of £3.89

They actually tried to call me but I ignored it because I didn't know the caller.
Here's their e-mail response:
Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

I tried to contact you by telephone. I am sorry that I missed you.

I understand that the term 'undeliverable' is a bit vague. More than likely this parcel was damaged during transit to the point that either the address was illegible or the item was damaged. Unfortunately, little additional information is known at this time.

I will be glad to adjust the price of any subsequent order you place for the Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] by Sigourney Weaver, et al. Please make sure that your order comes directly from Amazon.co.uk and not a Marketplace seller. I will check your account on Wednesday, 19 October. If you have placed an order by that date, I will adjust the price to reflect the original order price.

I hope this helps.

We look forward to your next visit to Amazon.co.uk.

Warmest regards,

Trina C
Amazon.co.uk
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

I reordered at 11:35 and it shipped, er...dispatched via Royal Mail at 1:11.
Now to keep an eye out for my adjustment.

They never tried to contact me, but then again, I realized the country code (1) wasn't part of my phone number... maybe that has something to do with it.

Anyway, my new order shipped via Royal Mail, so hopefully we'll see a better ending this time.

I got one of these from a CAG and it ended up being the one with the blu-ray case..I was hoping for a slipcase of some sort. Blah, still like it though and it was sealed. Is the picture quality on these as good as the US versions?

[quote name='coopx'] USPS is the one that delivers it to me.[/QUOTE]

I also got both mine (one is a gift) delivered USPS (single package). Any explanation other than un-deliverable?

I'm still waiting for mine as well through DHL. it was supposed to be delivered yesterday.

Status still shows as "dispatched". No rejection E-mail yet.

IIRC, USPS will be the final delivery method whether it's sent by Royal Mail or DHL. I'm just glad DHL is virtually nonexistent in the US. Maybe if we're lucky they'll be done in the UK as well, at least with Amazon.

[quote name='BlaculaDave']I was offered the price adjustment if I re-ordered, so I did. Let's see if I get Royal Mail this time.[/QUOTE]

Watch out for lazy CSRs if you have to re-order. I was assured an adjustment if I re-ordered, all I had to do was send another email to request it, and I was denied with a form response(basically acting as if I ordered something, the price went up, and I asked for a second one at the original price). After requesting an escalation to a supervisor because I was clearly told I would get the original price as an adjustment, I got the refund this afternoon.

Got the undeliverable E-mail. Did an instant chat immediately afterwards.

They say they're unaware of the delivery issues related to DHL, but he let me reorder it while I was in chat and he adjusted the price back to my original cost before we were done.

They also claim that they can't choose/specify between Royal Mail & DHL, so there's no guarantee that reordering will actual do anything to resolve this.

He agreed to have a formal complaint against DHL logged for Amazon to look into it further, but if they don't get the big picture just by the stats alone, I'll have to write off Amazon.uk as worse than the same as DDD and just assume there's a 50/50 chance of never seeing the items ordered.

[quote name='Kerig']Got the undeliverable E-mail. Did an instant chat immediately afterwards.

They say they're unaware of the delivery issues related to DHL, but he let me reorder it while I was in chat and he adjusted the price back to my original cost before we were done.

They also claim that they can't choose/specify between Royal Mail & DHL, so there's no guarantee that reordering will actual do anything to resolve this.

He agreed to have a formal complaint against DHL logged for Amazon to look into it further, but if they don't get the big picture just by the stats alone, I'll have to write off Amazon.uk as worse than the same as DDD and just assume there's a 50/50 chance of never seeing the items ordered.

[/QUOTE]
I guess it depends on the CS you get because they had me reorder they changed it to royal air for free and even lowered the price cheaper. I got it for 11 something pounds it came out to 18 something in US

Finally had the time to deal with my returned shipment today. Chatted online with a CSR, they didn't give me any hassle about reordering with a price adjustment. Sadly, due to exchange rates, I'm paying about $1 more for it than I did last time, but really, for the price I'm getting this at, I can't really complain.

Didn't talk to him about shipping options - all I had available were "Standard" and "Priority", and given that it was a saturday, and my CSR's name was Karthick, I figured he was probably not in the UK, and had no real knowledge of anything related to the actual details of shipping. So I'll try my luck again, and hope that it gets through this time.

I wonder how much it would be to go priority shipping? My guess is a fair bit, yes?

How are you guys chatting with the CSRs? When I go to the Contact Us section, the only options are email and call.

Nevermind, I tried using Safari and it worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent an email yesterday and got a canned response. If it doesn't show up on Monday, I'm to reply and let them know and go from there. Still no undeliverable email on my end.

[quote name='INCyr']my CSR's name was Karthick[/QUOTE]

Mine was Madhav. The names are getting progressively cooler. Perhaps India as a whole finally realized that naming every other child Parjeet or Patel had some potential identity issues.

My new order shipped via Royal Mail, I'm quite happy about that. Anyone else who needs to communicate with C/S be sure to curse the name DHL and formally request that Amazon.uk look into the possibility that DHL is the true reason why so many shipments to the US are mysteriously being returned back to them en masse.

[quote name='Blaqmoon']i ordered Oct 15h and it just arrived here at work today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they dont have any problem on Royal Mail, but i think some are having problem via DHL Global

Just got my re-mail today. Wasn't expecting it - thought delivery was going to be about 2 weeks out.

Haven't had a chance to pop in any of the discs, but I can't wait - very much looking forward to watching one of them for Halloween!

I still have not received my original order that was shipped DHL back on September 28th.
I contacted amazon last week about it and they said they would contact DHL and tell them to deliver it. I contacted them again today since I have still not received it.

[quote name='skate4music']I still have not received my original order that was shipped DHL back on September 28th.
I contacted amazon last week about it and they said they would contact DHL and tell them to deliver it. I contacted them again today since I have still not received it.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing today, with escalated verbage. They are going to send a second order (hopefully not with DHL again), and they refunded my shipping fee.

Well, I got it after all. Finally. Jeez.

Got the blue plastic case version - thank god. Any stupid cardboard/digipack/whatever else can go die in a fire.

bread's done
Back