** DEAD ** Amazon DotD: $35.99 Twin Peaks: The Complete Series DVD

TheCarsForever

CAGiversary!
Hello,

Amazon has the Twin Peaks: The Entire Series for $35.99 all day - or at least until it sells out. Doesn't include the movie, but otherwise a fairly comprehensive collection.

Chris

Special Features
  • All 29 Episodes plus the original pilot (both U.S. Network and International versions) on 10 discs
  • Remastered picture from the original negative with 5.1 Sound, both personally approved by David Lynch
  • Original broadcast 2.0 audio
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Exclusive feature length documentary: 'Secrets from Another Place'
  • A Slice of Lynch (featuring David Lynch, Kyle MacLachlan, and Mädchen Amick)
  • Return to Twin Peaks
  • Interactive Map of Twin Peaks
  • The complete Log Lady introductions
  • Saturday Night Live: Kyle MacLachlan’s monologue and the Twin Peaks comedy sketch
  • Julee Cruise music video: "Falling"
  • On-air promos, TV spots, production documents, rare photos

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='henry00x']never seen the show, anyone recommend it as a blind buy?[/QUOTE]

I've heard good things about it and was going to blind buy myself but just noticed they have the entire series including the Pilot in the Netflix instant stream collection.

The show was/is not for everyone. If you dig what Lynch does, then it is a great pick up. It is hard to put in one box as to the tone and vibe you will get. All I can say is that in my opinion the show has held up very well. I think it would find a better audience today than when it originally aired.

I found both season box sets at big lots for 6 dollars each. the set from amazon is a good buy for most. I like just having the episodes and avoiding extras here. The show is more enjoyable for me trying to piece things together and having less outside knowledge.

First (short) season = good, second season = pockets of goodness surrounded by vast fields of crap. The first scene of season 2 is pretty much a metaphor for the entire season. The series also ends on an unresolved cliffhanger. As the special features say, by the time the second season started much of the creative force were busy with other projects so it just kinda floundered along on auto-pilot for most of the second season. Of the two deals currently I'd rather have the MST3K Gamera boxset honestly.

Essential Lynch... although the show goes downhill after episode 17 or so. I recommend watching the pilot on Netflix before deciding to buy.

I thought it was one of the best shows of all-time...I even enjoyed the part after the find the killer. Obviously it wasn't as good, but still enjoyable, Andy is hilarious.

[quote name='guardian_owl']First (short) season = good, second season = pockets of goodness surrounded by vast fields of crap. The first scene of season 2 is pretty much a metaphor for the entire season. The series also ends on an unresolved cliffhanger. As the special features say, by the time the second season started much of the creative force were busy with other projects so it just kinda floundered along on auto-pilot for most of the second season. Of the two deals currently I'd rather have the MST3K Gamera boxset honestly.[/QUOTE]
As someone who recently watched the entire series and quickly became a fan, I agree with this 100%.

[quote name='henry00x']never seen the show, anyone recommend it as a blind buy?[/QUOTE]
Entire show can be streamed free at CBS. It's worth a watch, especially if you're a fan of Alan Wake because they drew a few references from it.

Keep in mind this was a self-aware soap, so don't take the drama seriously. They're making fun of the genre at every turn.

I'd agree that the show turns to crap midway second season but I really like the direction of the last few episodes and the Season Two finale is one of my favorite episodes from the entire series.

If you are a fan of weird then this is a must have. TV doesn't get much weirder than this.

bread's done
Back