(DEAD) Amazon DOTD - Harry Potter Wizard's Collection BD $249.99

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Amazon has the Harry Potter Wizard's Collection BD for $249.99 today only (MSRP $499.99, previous low ~$340). Review are mixed on this one due to many thinking it's a cash grab and not an all inclusive set. Here's a review from the folks at blu-ray.com.

6645_1_large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempting because it's so pretty, but like a lot of people I still can't get over the fact that it doesn't include 5 of the 7 extended cuts.

[quote name='philmcfly']Tempting because it's so pretty, but like a lot of people I still can't get over the fact that it doesn't include 5 of the 7 extended cuts.[/QUOTE]

and never will

[quote name='philmcfly']Tempting because it's so pretty, but like a lot of people I still can't get over the fact that it doesn't include 5 of the 7 extended cuts.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there only 2 extended cuts released anyway? Parts 1 & 2? The rest of the director's were happy with thier original cut and didn't feel the need to go back. My issue with the set is that it measures out to be like over a square foot. Most special editions like this are deceivingly small - this one is the exact opposite. It's huge.

[quote name='n64ra']$250, wow[/QUOTE]

Which isn't that bad actually. If you bought all of the Ultimate editions at a retailer you'd wind up paying more than that, and this comes with a ton more stuff for the money. Obviously it's not for everyone, but if people wanted an ultimate HP set, this is the one to get.

Yea I've given up on it really. I just wanted to replace all my Ultimate Editions (well give them to some one) and get a full set.

they have to release the extended cuts from the other movies at some point right? I know a lot of people, including myself, would buy them.

In the mean time, the ones they show on ABC family are the extended cuts aren't they?

[quote name='pablo escobar']they have to release the extended cuts from the other movies at some point right? I know a lot of people, including myself, would buy them.

In the mean time, the ones they show on ABC family are the extended cuts aren't they?[/QUOTE]
Only the first two as far as im aware. I think the 5th should get an extended or director's cut the rest are fine imho. As I know it was the longest book but I believe it was the shortest movie.

[quote name='philmcfly']Yea I've given up on it really. I just wanted to replace all my Ultimate Editions (well give them to some one) and get a full set.[/QUOTE]

I'll take 'em. I only own the UK complete set.

Personally, I'd prefer the UEs because each one includes an art/making of mini book. I'm a sucker for those.

[quote name='WingsDJY']I'll take 'em. I only own the UK complete set.

Personally, I'd prefer the UEs because each one includes an art/making of mini book. I'm a sucker for those.[/QUOTE]
Is there a difference between the US and UK complete sets I should be aware of? I bought the UK wizard's collection haven't had any issues with the disc other than the fact that 5 of the disc had some incorrect audio in other languages but they sent out replacement disc. I don't know if it was the same for the US version.

[quote name='slidecage']would buy it but i got 5 of the 8

missing the last 2 movies and cant think of the 3rd[/QUOTE]

The last movie is split into two parts, unless you already realized that

I know a lot of people talk shit about this saying "I won't pay for this thin cardboard thing with not all the extended editions" crap, but seriously, this thing is a beast. It's pretty damn heavy, sturdy, and has a ton of stuff on it. I got it full price cause my wife is such a huge fan of the books and movies, and we ended up watching all the movies marathon style one weekend with the bonus stuff. So for this price, I think its well worth it indeed.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Which isn't that bad actually. If you bought all of the Ultimate editions at a retailer you'd wind up paying more than that, and this comes with a ton more stuff for the money. Obviously it's not for everyone, but if people wanted an ultimate HP set, this is the one to get.[/QUOTE]

I doubt many CAG would buy the ultimate editions at full price. :) At $250, each HP film costs $31.25. I think most of us go for blus under $20 a piece, even special editions.

[quote name='n64ra']I doubt many CAG would buy the ultimate editions at full price. :) At $250, each HP film costs $31.25. I think most of us go for blus under $20 a piece, even special editions.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't talking full price either. I'm talking the current available price at places like Amazon, which are discounted. If you can find the Ultimate editions for HP on BD, brand new at $20 and under each, then I'd love to know where.

bread's done
Back