*DEAD* Amazon Game Downloads - Metro 2033, $9.99

This game requires Steam to use (Steamworks copy protection), so if you missed out on the $9.99 deal earlier this week, here's a second chance!

How does Amazon.com do downloads for Steam-required games?

Do they do what D2D does and basically just give your Steam game-key and then you can register it on Steam and just download it from Steam?

[quote name='Metallix87']I'm curious if this can be redeemed on Steam as well...[/QUOTE]

It should be. I believe its a Steamworks game. I bought my copy of Metro 2033 on THQ's website and was able to activate it on Steam with the Key they provided me.

Same for me when I bought it retail the DRM is steamworks so Amazon is probably selling keys. Way worth it for 10 especially if you have a higher end PC, the game is beautiful.

I heard from one of the writers on slate.com that this game was a very good Russian sci fi story and an interesting take on the fps genre. Of course, I don't get a lot of my video game info from Slate.

[quote name='MysterD']Anybody been crazy enuff to try and run this game on a single-core processor?[/QUOTE]

The game supports DirectX 9 textures so you should be fine as long as it's a pretty fast, and late single-core (such as an Athlon 64). I would highly NOT recommend playing on a 32-bit Intel P4 or something.

[quote name='Aliens']The game supports DirectX 9 textures so you should be fine as long as it's a pretty fast, and late single-core (such as an Athlon 64). I would highly NOT recommend playing on a 32-bit Intel P4 or something.[/QUOTE]

I have for a PC:

P4 single-core @ 3.2 Ghz w/ Hyperthreading;
512 MB GeForce 8800 GT OC [newest WHQL drivers];
Win XP Home;
2 GB RAM.

I would try DX9 with low settings, but the Steam thread has quite a few people complaining that the port was not well optimized.

bread's done
Back