(DEAD) Amazon Lightning Deal - Red Wii $199 w/ free $75 credit

Wow, that last 50% when super fast. Hope it was some people here who got in on it. I grabbed one for a gift. I'll blow through that credit easily so $125 for the Red Wii bundle was a score deal.

I added to cart but just couldn't bring myself to finalize the order, I barely have time for my PS3 and 360, might as well let someone else get the deal who will appreciate it more.

I was able to get in on this deal :) glad to get the wii as I didn't want to wait at walmart and hopefully it's regular credit so I can use it on textbooks for next semester...anyone know of any good deals on wiimotes?

I was #37 on the wait list and Amazon said my chance was good.

Came back 10 minutes later and the pop up notification said I got a spot but my time to buy has expired!!! WTF, last time I was on a wait list I had 15 minutes to check out... did they changed the check out time to 1 minute for the Wii?!?!

hmm, a little glad I wasn't in time for this because I don't need a Wii, but I would have felt pressured on such a good deal anyway

Phew, I got it in on time. Didn't want to risk not getting it at Walmart. Ugh. A message popped up saying I had two minutes, and I was like, "Uhhh--and checked out immediately." I hope I didn't fuck it up somehow.

I lucked out and got one despite being pretty low on the waitlist. For others who did, was there supposed to be a confirmation regarding the $75 credit during checkout? I didn't see anything and was wondering if there was an error or if this promotion was done differently than other video game promotions.

[quote name='heavenscloud']I lucked out and got one despite being pretty low on the waitlist. For others who did, was there supposed to be a confirmation regarding the $75 credit during checkout? I didn't see anything and was wondering if there was an error or if this promotion was done differently than other video game promotions.[/QUOTE]
I didn't get a confirmation, but the pop-up mentioned the $75 credit. I took a leap of faith and assumed the waitlist was indeed for the lightning deal.

[quote name='confoosious']I think 199.98 means you got the promo.

Does nintendo still give extra 6 month warranty for registering?[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay. Thanks, I see the "Promotion Applied: -$0.01 now." I thought it was from leftover VG credit or something, but it should be the $75 promo.

[quote name='heavenscloud']Oh, okay. Thanks, I see the "Promotion Applied: -$0.01 now." I thought it was from leftover VG credit or something, but it should be the $75 promo.[/QUOTE]
I saw that and thought the same thing. Good to know.

[quote name='heavenscloud']Oh, okay. Thanks, I see the "Promotion Applied: -$0.01 now." I thought it was from leftover VG credit or something, but it should be the $75 promo.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='avatar94']I saw that and thought the same thing. Good to know.[/QUOTE]
Did anyone who got in on this deal get email confirmation that mentions the $75 credit? They didn't mention the credit on my confirmation email.

[quote name='moniquaa']i got mine! if anyone figures out when/how the $75 credit is given, please post.[/QUOTE]

if it goes according to form, amazon will email you in a day or 2 or 3 and tell you there's a 75$ credit on your account. Then it just lives there until you use it.

Was this a vg credit or any credit?

I was able to snag one, even after time expiring from 1st time being on waitlist, (was browsing *this* site, & didn't flip back over to Amazon in time, lol!) I called about the $75 credit, and they said the credit will show up on the account in a couple of days & it is for anything sold & shipped by Amazon.

Funny thing is I went to Best Buy earlier today to see if they would PM the Wal-Mart ad & credit me from an earlier Wii purchase. It was no deal as they said they don't PM gift card promotions. So now....

as a newbie I need a little help. I am still a little undecided as to what to do next & I have never done this buying & selling of consoles that you all have down to a science. Here's my dilemma,

Best Buy Red Wii purchase - $169.99 (185.08 w/tax)
Amazon Red Wii purchase - $199.98 (217.73 w/tax) + $75 credit

#1 - Was it worth it for me to go ahead with the Amazon deal? I really on netted about $42 with the Amazon purchase, & since it’s not direct cash don’t know if it really is a deal. I already have the necc. peripherals I need for the Wii (cable, extra remote, charging station, etc.) & the games I wanted (for now) all purchased during BF. I still have time to cancel the Amazon purchase so should I just keep the Best Buy purchase and cancel Amazon?

#2 - Sell the Amazon Wii on craigslist. I have never done this so I don't know what a fair price would be. It cost me $217, so I would want to sell it for $220 (as I would want back the money I spent) but checking out craigslist new unopened consoles are going for $180-$199, the higher range including games.
Now I could wait to sell it after I play some of the games I bought (used) and don't want them anymore and include those but that would only make my price go up.

Thanks for the help! I know this may all seem trivial to you guys that are used to knowing when a deal is “good” or not. :)

[quote name='PlayLives']I was able to snag one, even after time expiring from 1st time being on waitlist, (was browsing *this* site, & didn't flip back over to Amazon in time, lol!) I called about the $75 credit, and they said the credit will show up on the account in a couple of days & it is for anything sold & shipped by Amazon.

Funny thing is I went to Best Buy earlier today to see if they would PM the Wal-Mart ad & credit me from an earlier Wii purchase. It was no deal as they said they don't PM gift card promotions. So now....

as a newbie I need a little help. I am still a little undecided as to what to do next & I have never done this buying & selling of consoles that you all have down to a science. Here's my dilemma,

Best Buy Red Wii purchase - $169.99 (185.08 w/tax)
Amazon Red Wii purchase - $199.98 (217.73 w/tax) + $75 credit

#1 - Was it worth it for me to go ahead with the Amazon deal? I really on netted about $42 with the Amazon purchase, & since it’s not direct cash don’t know if it really is a deal. I already have the necc. peripherals I need for the Wii (cable, extra remote, charging station, etc.) & the games I wanted (for now) all purchased during BF. I still have time to cancel the Amazon purchase so should I just keep the Best Buy purchase and cancel Amazon?

#2 - Sell the Amazon Wii on craigslist. I have never done this so I don't know what a fair price would be. It cost me $217, so I would want to sell it for $220 (as I would want back the money I spent) but checking out craigslist new unopened consoles are going for $180-$199, the higher range including games.
Now I could wait to sell it after I play some of the games I bought (used) and don't want them anymore and include those but that would only make my price go up.

Thanks for the help! I know this may all seem trivial to you guys that are used to knowing when a deal is “good” or not. :)[/QUOTE]

Generally speaking, most CAGs don't talk about flipping because it is a "sin" or something. Don't expect to get much advice on the flipping of the consoles.

I consider credit just as good as cash though. Are you going to be spending $75 on Amazon within the next month or so? If so, then that credit is just as good as cash and the Amazon deal is better.

There's no way anyone would pay you, some shady dude off craigslist, what they could walk into any store and buy.

Why don't you just return the best buy one? Already opened it?

also, I asked this is the appropriate wii forum but thought i'd toss it in here since we're ot anyway:

[quote name='confoosious']So I got a new red wii (yay!) and I need to sell my old one.

If this was an xbox, I'd wipe my hard drive and call it a day.

However, for a wii, should I (can I?) just delete all my personal info and leave the handful of virtual console games I have on there? (I assume a wii with some virtual console games would fetch more on craigslist.)

Or do I just factor reset it?

TIA for info.[/QUOTE]

I doubt you can sell an unopened Wii for $200, let alone your asking price of $220. People like to buy in store because they can return it if they change their mind later. No way in hell can they return an item they bought from someone on craigslist.

[quote name='confoosious']There's no way anyone would pay you, some shady dude off craigslist, what they could walk into any store and buy.

Why don't you just return the best buy one? Already opened it?

also, I asked this is the appropriate wii forum but thought i'd toss it in here since we're ot anyway:[/QUOTE]

No personal info is stored on the Wii, aside Miis, game saves and your Club Nintendo Account Link (which you can remove through the Wii Shop Channel). You can leave the WiiWare/Virtual Console purchases as an incentive if you want.

If you really want to be safe, you can just format the system memory.

[quote name='confoosious']There's no way anyone would pay you, some shady dude off craigslist, what they could walk into any store and buy.

Why don't you just return the best buy one? Already opened it? [/QUOTE]

No, the Wii I purchased from Best Buy is unopened.
I don't *plan* on spending any money on Amazon in the next month or so but probably sometime next year.

I didn't think about the pros/cons of selling on craigslist, but right, why would anybody buy it for close to retail (with no receipt, etc) I wouldn't. Oh well, so much for that plan. I just wish I wouldn't have purchased all my stuff from amazon already, I could have used that credit last week!
So now my only option is either return the one from Best Buy or refuse the one from Amazon. I guess the $42 net from Amazon purchase, just isn't worth the hassle?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ionotropic']Did anyone who got in on this deal get email confirmation that mentions the $75 credit? They didn't mention the credit on my confirmation email.[/QUOTE]

It didn't specifically mention the $75 credit in the confirmation e-mail like it normally does.

[quote name='PlayLives']No, the Wii I purchased from Best Buy is unopened.
I don't *plan* on spending any money on Amazon in the next month or so but probably sometime next year.

I didn't think about the pros/cons of selling on craigslist, but right, why would anybody buy it for close to retail (with no receipt, etc) I wouldn't. Oh well, so much for that plan. I just wish I wouldn't have purchased all my stuff from amazon already, I could have used that credit last week![/QUOTE]

I'd return the Best Buy one (i dont like dealing with CL if I can help it -- people are very flaky and stupid) and keep the Amazon one. You'll find something to spend $75 on. It's not even video game credit, it's anything sold by amazon (as someone else reported) -- that's easy to spend.

I joined the waitlist at 2:45 pm PST and by the time I checked the my browser, there was a small popup saying something to the effect that my allotted time to claim was gone.

Am I supposed to keep my browser at the page for hours hoping my window to claim the deal will pop up? I was at my desk the whole time but obviously I won't be staring at my Amazon tab for possibly hours. The browser didn't blink or anything either.

I'm not really that disappointed, but their waitlist seems kinda clunky and I'm wondering if there is a better way to monitor it.

[quote name='Antipodes']I joined the waitlist at 2:45 pm PST and by the time I checked the my browser, there was a small popup saying something to the effect that my allotted time to claim was gone.

Am I supposed to keep my browser at the page for hours hoping my window to claim the deal will pop up? I was at my desk the whole time but obviously I won't be staring at my Amazon tab for possibly hours. The browser didn't blink or anything either.

I'm not really that disappointed, but their waitlist seems kinda clunky and I'm wondering if there is a better way to monitor it.[/QUOTE]
To be honest, I anticipated the pop up because I got on the wait list right after it was mentioned by a member who said his chances were good. Though, I would have missed it if it weren't for my obsessive scanning between whatever it was I was multi-tasking.

[quote name='heavenscloud']It didn't specifically mention the $75 credit in the confirmation e-mail like it normally does.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, just making sure I'm not the only one.

[/QUOTE]

they do it on ebay all the time. people over pay on anything on ebay.

you would be surprised

bread's done
Back