[DEAD] Barnes and Noble - 40% off sale all Blu-rays

kill3r7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
Barnes and Noble is having a 40% off sale all Blu-rays both online and in store. Some stuff such as star wars collection is excluded.

Here's a list of all current active coupons but please keep in mind coupons do not work on pre-orders anymore. Additionally, all of the usual member benefits apply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and South Park BL&U sitting in my cart for $28. Seen em' all numerous times.

Must.....resist.....purchase.

Did they change how their codes work? I have enough in purchases for free shipping, but the minute I add a coupon the free shipping goes away. And coupons don't stack.

[quote name='dnghia']Whenever I think of Barnes & Noble, I think of Criterion Collection :D[/QUOTE]

I considered picking up something Criterion, but the deals on those will be better at the next sale in November. So I just ordered the Kino release of Tarkovsky's The Sacrifice instead, since a better deal on that is less certain.

[quote name='Ravenous']Do the prices already reflect the 40% off?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='Ravenous']Do the prices already reflect the 40% off?[/QUOTE]

I think the prices online are discounted, but not exactly 40% like in store. For instance, I bought Seven Samurai for $26 (discounted from $50 - 40% off + 10% for members), but the price online is $29.99 before any coupons. I asked the sales associate and he said online customers don't have to drive =\ lol

[quote name='dnghia']I think the prices online are discounted, but not exactly 40% like in store. For instance, I bought Seven Samurai for $26 (discounted from $50 - 40% off + 10% for members), but the price online is $29.99 before any coupons. I asked the sales associate and he said online customers don't have to drive =\ lol[/QUOTE]

Not everything online is 40% off. To get just the list of what's 40% off, go to the main DVD/blu-ray page on the website and click on the "All 40% Off Blu-ray" link. It's a long list, though -- 4,123 titles, apparently.

I think in-store it's just too complicated for them to mark down specific titles when the list is that long, so they do everything there.

Picked up Ratatouillie for $20.77. Stacked free Mastercard shipping with temporary members' 20% off code.

[quote name='Ruahrc']The LOTR EE blu-ray trilogy is $71.99 here, less than amazon. Tempting, but I think I will wait a little more.[/QUOTE]

If you have a membership (hint: use the two month free trial), you can use the 20% off coupon linked in the OP and get it for $57.59. Get it in-store and you'll get the additional 10% member discount off on it and get it for $51.83.

Or if you don't want to get a membership (or have already used your trial), you can use the 15% off non-member coupon from the link in the OP and get it for $61.19.

Anyone know if this works on 3d Blu ray in store ? Not showing the discount online but wondering since the restrictions are less in the store if its possible that it could be lowered as well.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Anyone know if this works on 3d Blu ray in store ? Not showing the discount online but wondering since the restrictions are less in the store if its possible that it could be lowered as well.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing since I want to pick up NBC-3D. Is it possible to combine the 40% off with a 15/20% coupon?

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Anyone know if this works on 3d Blu ray in store ? Not showing the discount online but wondering since the restrictions are less in the store if its possible that it could be lowered as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jazzman']I was wondering the same thing since I want to pick up NBC-3D. Is it possible to combine the 40% off with a 15/20% coupon?[/QUOTE]

yes it works. picked up nightmare before christmas 3d(sans slip :whistle2:x) yesterday for $27.xx.

49.99 - 40% - 15% cpn

I picked up Baraka, Goldfinger, Bladerunner 5 disc collectors edition, and heat for around 60 bucks total.

Keep in mind I did this in store so I could also get my member discount. It comes out to around 57% after using the member discount then the coupon

[quote name='ajumbaje']I picked up Baraka, Goldfinger, Bladerunner 5 disc collectors edition, and heat for around 60 bucks total.

Keep in mind I did this in store so I could also get my member discount. It comes out to around 57% after using the member discount then the coupon[/QUOTE]

can the coupon be used more than once in store? I was under the impression the each coupon would only work once per account.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']can the coupon be used more than once in store? I was under the impression the each coupon would only work once per account.[/QUOTE]

They don't track the in-store coupons. I've even had a B&N employee offer to let me use a coupon more than once. (Online coupons can generally only be used once per account, though some of them have been usable multiple times as well.)

In-store, I've picked up two Criterions (The Killing and Secret Sunshine) and The Big Lebowski. I also ordered The Sacrifice online. Debating what, if anything, else to get before the sale ends. I'm seriously debating the Coen Brothers set, though I wonder how long it will be until it, or the individual titles in it, start turning up cheaper.

[quote name='dnghia']I think the prices online are discounted, but not exactly 40% like in store. For instance, I bought Seven Samurai for $26 (discounted from $50 - 40% off + 10% for members), but the price online is $29.99 before any coupons. I asked the sales associate and he said online customers don't have to drive =\ lol[/QUOTE]

I think you answered your own question there, buddy. $29.99 -10% member discount = $26.99. From what I understand, the additional 10% off for members is in-store only, can someone else please confirm that?

[quote name='EeK85']I think you answered your own question there, buddy. $29.99 -10% member discount = $26.99. From what I understand, the additional 10% off for members is in-store only, can someone else please confirm that?[/QUOTE]

Members get an additional 10% off in-store only on top of any other coupons and deals.

[quote name='jazzman']Are there any in-store coupons available for nonmembers.[/QUOTE]

Sure from time to time. Check out the link on the 1st post for the current coupons.

I was just in a brick and morter store today, picked up Rob Roy for only $12. There are some good deals sprinkled in there, like any movie normally priced $14.99, and some of the TV series and movie collections (TMNT collection is under $40 after the discount).

bread's done
Back