(DEAD) Barnes & Noble 10%-50% coupons

I guess it's a complete crapshoot to figure out what discount you get.

Unless it's 33% or 50%, then it's not that hot of a deal. I'm sure it should also stack with their discount program as well for an additional 10%.

I prefer something more absolute like Borders coupons, which I get from Fatwallet. How do we know that the odds for a 10% discount are much higher, like 70% of the time?

[quote name='thelonepig']I got 15%.[/QUOTE]

charliebrownrock.jpg

Me too

[quote name='deadtrees']The last coupon in the OP is the 50% coupon.

There's also a seperate 50% coupon for members that some cashiers will accept in the same transaction. If you combine this with the B2G1 sale on DVDs and Blu-rays, well...[/QUOTE]Any idea how you know the last one is the 50% off coupon?

[quote name='taylort3']guess i can use the 50% off to find skins vol 1-4[/QUOTE]
If you have a region free dvd player, you can get Skins Series 1-4 for around $25 from Amazon UK.

What code are you trying to use online? The numbers on the barcode are not the same as the online codes. It's also possible they have linked your account to the specific code that was sent to your email.

Haven't been out to B&N for awhile but I'll pick up one or two 50% off books this weekend. Thanks OP and people who figured the coupons out.

I just picked up three Criterions from B&N with the two identified 50% off coupons. And yes, it did stack with the B2G1 sale they have going on.

The issue is the second 50% off coupon that deadtrees posted above does work, if you have a B&N discount card membership. It won't work without the membership, and I don't think that's something that can be overridden. That would also give 10% off additional on the two non-free titles, so they ended up being around $16-something each from a in-store price of $40. I picked up the membership since I didn't have it, so walked out with three $40 Criterions and a membership for around $62 after tax. Especially since the membership saved me $8 across the purchase in exchange for the $25 membership.

I'm sure you could use the 50% off (non-member) and 30% off coupon on the same transaction without the membership.

[quote name='arcane93']How do you use these online?[/QUOTE]They're not usable on-line, only in-store.

Re:

..... can be redeemed only once at a B&N store.

[quote name='shrike4242']They're not usable on-line, only in-store.

Re:

..... can be redeemed only once at a B&N store.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, but since she said they work online, I figured I'd ask in case I was missing something. :lol:

Looking at the blu-ray.com thread, it seems that the people who got these coupons in email also got a corresponding online coupon link, but apparently they're unique codes. The only email that I've gotten from B&N in this past week was just an ad with no coupons. :cry:

Used the 50% off coupon today on a book. Even with it it was just slightly below Amazon price. Still good. I'm going back tomorrow and getting a couple more books, my store has 2 entrances w/ 2 registers so I'll go to both.

Thanks OP.

It is hilarious how BN has no security what so ever on these coupons. Not attached to the account, no print limit, nothing. BN totally believes in the honor system apparently, and online that just doesn't come close to cutting it.

[quote name='ackbar7']It is hilarious how BN has no security what so ever on these coupons. Not attached to the account, no print limit, nothing. BN totally believes in the honor system apparently, and online that just doesn't come close to cutting it.[/QUOTE]

Print limit? I just show them the coupon on my iPod Touch and they type in the code.

[quote name='ackbar7']It is hilarious how BN has no security what so ever on these coupons. Not attached to the account, no print limit, nothing. BN totally believes in the honor system apparently, and online that just doesn't come close to cutting it.[/QUOTE]

haha that's no honor in America anymore. ;)

I'm going out tomorrow to use one. I'm hoping my local B&N hasn't had it's shelves purged.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Print limit? I just show them the coupon on my iPod Touch and they type in the code.[/QUOTE]
Well, I was referring to the Disney coupons that you have to print to access at all.

Picked up a new board game. They made a bg deal about it being 50% off. Told me they had been waiting days field the special people that got the 50% coups. Kinda made me feel bad. Not surebif I should try for round two tomorrow.

Thanks OP. Used the 50% off on the Che Criterion blu-ray. It had a 10% off sticker and the 50% stacked with that, so my total out the door was 22.49 plus tax.

The cashier said that people had been coming through all day with the 50% off coupon, and that she was surprised that the big discount wasn't more elusive. Apparently, B&N's naivete on this promotion rolls all the way from the corporate marketing department right down to the girl jockeying the register.

[quote name='scurvydog84']Thanks OP. Used the 50% off on the Che Criterion blu-ray. It had a 10% off sticker and the 50% stacked with that, so my total out the door was 22.49 plus tax.

The cashier said that people had been coming through all day with the 50% off coupon, and that she was surprised that the big discount wasn't more elusive. Apparently, B&N's naivete on this promotion rolls all the way from the corporate marketing department right down to the girl jockeying the register.[/QUOTE]

West coast should go out tonight...might not work tomorrow...SD effect with a front page thread over 150, 000 hits... abusing the hell out of it... only chance it that tomorrow is Sunday...

[quote name='shrike4242']I guess it's a complete crapshoot to figure out what discount you get.

Unless it's 33% or 50%, then it's not that hot of a deal. I'm sure it should also stack with their discount program as well for an additional 10%.[/QUOTE]

no it's not... print the last link... and not sure if your a member you should risk linking the transaction to your account... JMOpinion...

I went in today and got the Sherlock Season 1 blu-ray. I hadn't printed the coupon out (my printer isn't working, and I didn't see the thread until after I'd left work yesterday), so I just brought it up on my phone, which I've done numerous times before. For some reason, the cashier decided to make this one really complicated, though. She claimed, for some reason, that she couldn't just enter the six digit code, but had to know the amount of the discount, so she had to scan it (I tried to tell her that the bar code was the same as the six digit code, but she wasn't having any of that). She started digging through an envelope of coupons looking for a printed one -- I was afraid for a moment that she was just going to pull out any old coupon with the "mystery" promotion on it, and I'd get stuck with 10% or something. But when she couldn't find one with a matching code, she called up to the front register and had someone bring her a copy from up there. Way more complicated than it needed to be, but whatever, I got what I went in for.

[quote name='scurvydog84']The cashier said that people had been coming through all day with the 50% off coupon, and that she was surprised that the big discount wasn't more elusive. Apparently, B&N's naivete on this promotion rolls all the way from the corporate marketing department right down to the girl jockeying the register.[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly, the cashier that I got said that she had been there all day and it was the first 50% one that she'd seen. I tried really hard to keep a straight face and not let on that I'd had any idea what the discount was before she scanned it. :lol:

[quote name='donut']and not sure if your a member you should risk linking the transaction to your account[/QUOTE]

Eh, they don't pay any attention. I was a member for a full year (expired in November, waiting for the next Criterion sale to renew) and used coupons that I'd gotten off of the internet, used the same coupon more than once (some many times more than once), etc., and it was never an issue. Honestly, I think they're just happy to be making the sales.

[quote name='arcane93']Surprisingly, the cashier that I got said that she had been there all day and it was the first 50% one that she'd seen. I tried really hard to keep a straight face and not let on that I'd had any idea what the discount was before she scanned it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's our exact experience =P Bought Terry Pratchett Graphic Novel hard back.

[quote name='deadtrees']The last coupon in the OP is the 50% coupon.

There's also a seperate 50% coupon for members that some cashiers will accept in the same transaction. If you combine this with the B2G1 sale on DVDs and Blu-rays, well...[/QUOTE]
The non-member coupons are fixed, but the member's coupon appears to be randomized per account- I used two different accounts today with the same coupon, but one gave 20% and the other gave 50%. Still, the two stores that I went to let me stack said coupons with the non-member 50% coupons and the the B2G1.

So the website is advertising the B2G1 BD sale as online only, is that the case? I don't wanna go out of my way just to find out that they are not.

[quote name='travOtaku']So the website is advertising the B2G1 BD sale as online only, is that the case? I don't wanna go out of my way just to find out that they are not.[/QUOTE]

No, it's definitely in-store as well. Maybe they're treating them as two separate sales.

[quote name='Guerrilla']The non-member coupons are fixed, but the member's coupon appears to be randomized per account- I used two different accounts today with the same coupon, but one gave 20% and the other gave 50%. Still, the two stores that I went to let me stack said coupons with the non-member 50% coupons and the the B2G1.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me today. I don't know how or why but I got a 30% one and the guy let me use my 50% member one.

[quote name='donut']West coast should go out tonight...might not work tomorrow...SD effect with a front page thread over 150, 000 hits... abusing the hell out of it... only chance it that tomorrow is Sunday...[/QUOTE]

Leave it to SD and Fatwallet to kill a great deal. Did they ever figure out how to use it online? I hope not, make those sorry people get up and go to the B&M like the rest of us.

Anyway got a pretty good deal.

Got Star Wars Complete Saga blu ray preordered for around $46 using one 50%.

Then went to a different store and picked up

Star Trek TNG Complete Series
Prince Caspian
Wild China

B2G1F combined with a 30% off and a 50% off, also I think I got 10% with my member discount.

Came out to like $250 something for all three of the above mentioned titles. The ST TNG alone was $529.99.;)

[quote name='neoz']Got Star Wars Complete Saga blu ray preordered for around $46 using one 50%.[/QUOTE]
Wait, it worked with this?!?! I am so pissed I didn't think to try it out.

[quote name='ackbar7']Wait, it worked with this?!?! I am so pissed I didn't think to try it out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I tried it at the first one and the guy said there was only a placecard date put up and it wouldn't work so I was like ok... Well, at the other one I asked if I could order it and ship to home and got the whole if you do it you have to pay up front stuff. I was like ok, well the girl (very nice) looked it up and said the same thing about the date and I was like can I try and she was like sure. Needless to say walked out paying $46 for it.:D

She was very surprised when the coupon scanned 50%. I acted surprised and happy too.

[quote name='shrike4242']I just picked up three Criterions from B&N with the two identified 50% off coupons. And yes, it did stack with the B2G1 sale they have going on.

The issue is the second 50% off coupon that deadtrees posted above does work, if you have a B&N discount card membership. It won't work without the membership, and I don't think that's something that can be overridden. That would also give 10% off additional on the two non-free titles, so they ended up being around $16-something each from a in-store price of $40. I picked up the membership since I didn't have it, so walked out with three $40 Criterions and a membership for around $62 after tax. Especially since the membership saved me $8 across the purchase in exchange for the $25 membership.

I'm sure you could use the 50% off (non-member) and 30% off coupon on the same transaction without the membership.[/QUOTE]
did the same thing but my total was 57 after tax.

Tried at a different location this morning with two coupons (using the fixed non-member 50% and a different member coupon, which I wasn't sure would work anyway since I had used a random member coupon on both accounts previously), but the girl working there denied the second coupon and said I could use that on a separate purchase. However, she did use the non-member 50% coupon with the B2G1 deal, which is still a good deal in itself.

I gotta say though, two coupons and B2G1 is the perfect storm. In the earlier transactions I got ST:TNG seasons 2-4 for $80 and seasons 5-7 for $60. Not as good as the $70 GoHastings deal, but the packaging on the complete series is crap.

Tried to score Star Wars Complete on BluRay. Two things happened for some reason the series came out as being released in 2025 for some reason and secondly when the women asked someone else to help her they told her coupons aren't allowed on pre-orders. Others may have better luck than I.

[quote name='slidecage']so you cant use it on video games?[/QUOTE]

No, but honestly, their in-store game selection sucks pretty badly anyway. It's definitely geared toward the younger/casual crowd.

Went to pick up Stars Wars preorder, but it was listed as coming out in 2025 and with a price of $140. Considered getting it, but then realized I could probably get it this black friday for a better price than $70 and not run a risk of having it cancelled and wasting my coupon.

[quote name='neoz']Leave it to SD and Fatwallet to kill a great deal. Did they ever figure out how to use it online? I hope not, make those sorry people get up and go to the B&M like the rest of us.

Came out to like $250 something for all three of the above mentioned titles. The ST TNG alone was $529.99.
[/QUOTE]

If the coupon expires today, I dont think SD and Fatwallet killed it. You seem to be making off pretty good, I dont see why you are any better or worse than them. A huge discount like the one you got on ST TNG will surely make them think twice about offering this promotion again.

[quote name='Arakias']A huge discount like the one you got on ST TNG will surely make them think twice about offering this promotion again.[/QUOTE]

Depends. If that ST TNG box set has been sitting on their shelves since release (which it may well have been doing -- who's going to pay $530 for it?), they may well just be glad to be rid of it at this point.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']So, can this be used online??? Or would anyone want to help a brotha out?[/QUOTE]
The online coupon is a random percentage, so no, it's not so good unless you get lucky.

The in-store coupons come in two flavors: non-member and member. The non-member coupons are a fixed percentage, so people in the know print out the 50% coupons. The member coupons are a randomized percentage, just like online. Both of these stack with standard discounts, membership discounts, and special discounts (like B2G1 DVD sale), but not with other coupons- however, you can use a member and a non-member coupon on two different items in the same transaction if the cashier allows it. Some of the more inventive uses of these include out-of-stock orders (which technically act like online orders, because they use the online price), preorders, electronics, board games, Legos, textbooks, and so on.

[quote name='Guerrilla']The online coupon is a random percentage, so no, it doesn't work properly unless you get lucky.

The in-store coupons come in two flavors: non-member and member. The non-member coupons are a fixed percentage, so people in the know print out the 50% coupons. The member coupons are a randomized percentage, just like online. Both of these stack with standard discounts, membership discounts, and special discounts (like B2G1 DVD sale), but not with other coupons- however, you can use a member and a non-member coupon on two different items in the same transaction if the cashier allows it. Among the more inventive things, people have been using these on out-of-stock orders (which technically act like online orders, because they use the online price), preorders, electronics, board games, Legos, textbooks, and so on.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I was unlucky.
But last night tried to use the non member 50 on 3 buy 2 get one dvds and it only took 50% off one dvd. So it kinda stacked, but I decided to just buy one dvd set for $15 Vs 3 (all $30 each) for $45...

bread's done
Back