(DEAD) Battle Royale 4-Disc Blu-ray Collection - $17.99 at Family Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Familyvideo.com has the upcoming 4-Disc Battle Royale Collection for $17.99, which beats the $19.99 price Amazon had for it. This set includes both the Theatrical and Director's Cut of BR, plus the sequel and a special features DVD all in a Book style packaging (similar to the SW: Complete saga packaging).

Apply the code SHAMROCK and shipping is free. Shipping is $1.99

https://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=397059

They also have the single disc edition with just the Director's cut fr $12.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly how I feel. I waited too long when Amazon first had it cheap, and now this definitely makes up for it, although I have my minor problems with Family Video, haha.

Whoops, in my delusion, I accidentally quoted the wrong person..... Agreed Mister Herriman. Hmph.

Ordered - thanks so much OP! Thought I was going to have to wait on a release I've been waiting YEARS for!

[quote name='bardockkun']I Got no tax here in Colorado and thanks OP! Awesome ass deal.[/QUOTE]

I live in CA. I think there may be taxs, but that's still a good price. So tempted....I want to...but...oh god!

EDIT: Bit on it. Didn't get taxed so that's good. First time buying from them. Hope everything is well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. In for 1. Pissed I missed the Amazon sale but this makes up for it.

Edit: In CA, didn't get taxed either. Like the dude above me, never ordered from them before. I take it that they have a decent reputation, ssjmicheal?

Thanks much OP!

Unfortunately, I think I ordered it too late as the SHAMROCK code no longer works. Still, with no tax since I'm from CA and only $1.99 shipping, I can live with it.

Thanks OP. I just ordered this yesterday from Amazon for 31.99. So, it's quite a deal even w/ shipping. Definitely in for one.

Thanks. Missed the Amazon one as well, so $19.98 shipped is still pretty good.

Edit: Just noticed, but it says 3-disk, while Amazon says 4?

[quote name='elessar123']Thanks. Missed the Amazon one as well, so $19.98 shipped is still pretty good.

Edit: Just noticed, but it says 3-disk, while Amazon says 4?[/QUOTE]

It's definitely 4 so the listing is incorrect. It's possible they just meant 3 Blu-rays and 1 DVD

edit: The description does say 4 discs at one point:

Now for the first time ever, you can see it all: Experience the entire BATTLE ROYALE saga on 4 discs

I would imagine it is the 3 bds and 1dvd. I read some reviews of the 4 disc and it got great reviews. So I am excited.

Thanks for the info! Ordered one last night. Love Battle Royale, wish they were doing a limited run in North American theaters instead of that third rate rip off AKA Hunger Games.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']Thanks for the info! Ordered one last night. Love Battle Royale, wish they were doing a limited run in North American theaters instead of that third rate rip off AKA Hunger Games.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, Hunger Games reminds me more of G Gundam than BR.

[quote name='elessar123']Honestly, Hunger Games reminds me more of G Gundam than BR.[/QUOTE]

I have no interest in Hunger Games....till you mention it reminds you of G Gundam. Not sure if you were serious, but that's enough to sell me :p

G Gundam? Hmmm, isn't that the one with burning fngers?

Anyway, I think I will buy this. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']I have no interest in Hunger Games....till you mention it reminds you of G Gundam. Not sure if you were serious, but that's enough to sell me :p[/QUOTE]

I am serious, but only about the main premise.
They're both more political based, representing a "country", and winning brings their country benefits. The only real similarity with BR is that it's kids dying.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']I have no interest in Hunger Games....till you mention it reminds you of G Gundam. Not sure if you were serious, but that's enough to sell me :p[/QUOTE]
This. Now all I want is for the movie to end with her yelling "GOD FINGER!" Before making someone's head explode.

[quote name='bardockkun']This. Now all I want is for the movie to end with her yelling "GOD FINGER!" Before making someone's head explode.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't mind this! Hope she doesn't aim for the cockpit. That's illegal.

[quote name='elessar123']Lol, I'm not vouching for Hunger Games, so don't blame me if you watch it only because of the G Gundam mention in here =P[/QUOTE]

OOoohhh, too late :p I'm watching it!

I read and purchased too fast. I thought this was a Criterion... hmm now Im wondering if I shoulda bought it. Prolly be cheaper down the road

[quote name='Ravenous']I read and purchased too fast. I thought this was a Criterion... hmm now Im wondering if I shoulda bought it. Prolly be cheaper down the road[/QUOTE]

It's Anchor Bay, so it's hit or miss. I doubt it'll dip below $15 anytime soon, and best case scenario is it ends up like the tin releases they did for Hellraiser, Halloween 4&5, The Beyond, Maniac.... Where they become pretty hard to find. Again, since this is the first official R1 release for Battle Royale, I doubt it'll become rare, but for $20, it's pretty tough to pass up.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']Update: Got mine about an hour ago. Probably most people will start getting them. Now the waiting game.[/QUOTE]

I got mine in from AZ a few minutes ago....seriously, this is one of the coolest sets I've seen, packaging-wise. It's awesome...think of a smaller version of the Star Wars or Alien sets.

surprised this show was made from Toei....wonder would anchor bay release the rest of Toei show in blu such as...kamen rider, super sentai.... XD

[quote name='Astroranagun']surprised this show was made from Toei....wonder would anchor bay release the rest of Toei show in blu such as...kamen rider, super sentai.... XD[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but doesn't Toei just distribute this for Japan? Like it's not part of their studio and they don't own it? And this is a movie, not a show. And Anchor Bay wouldn't release any of Toei stuff since I think Kamen Rider's and Super Sentai's rights are own by some other company.

I'm not one of those guys who is obnoxious about English language dubs, but holy shit the English dub for the movie is horrible.

[quote name='zenintrude']All dubs are horrible... thanks for the reminder[/QUOTE]

Have you ever watched a Miyazaki film dubbed?...

[quote name='Vulgarism']Have you ever watched a Miyazaki film dubbed?...[/QUOTE]

Does Mononoke count?

Edit: Never mind, I didn't read which post you quoted, and thought you meant all Miyazaki films had bad dubs. Lady Eboshi's dubbing was bad in Mononoke though, but it did have a huge cast of actual actors.

[quote name='Vulgarism']Have you ever watched a Miyazaki film dubbed?...[/QUOTE]

I've seen most of them dubbed, and while they are better than most dubs, are still not as good as the originals...

That said, the intent of my "all dubs are horrible" post was more on dubbing live action movies than anime.

Just got this:

Thank you for your recent order of Battle Royale: Complete Collection Blu-ray/DVD. Due to the overwhelming response on this product, the studio, Anchor Bay Entertainment, is manufacturing more product and we expect to ship all units very soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but please be assured that your order will be filled and that you will be alerted in a separate e-mail the moment it ships.

[quote name='elessar123']Just got this:[/QUOTE]

Same... and I was one of the first people to respond to the damn thread too.

[quote name='georox']Same... and I was one of the first people to respond to the damn thread too.[/QUOTE]

I just got the same email as well :( Second time in 1 week, first BB with Muppets and now FamilyVideo... now I remember why I buy almost everything from Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back