[DEAD] Battlefield 3 w/ Bonus $20 eGift Card - Wal-mart $59.96

Hmmm...these after launch offers always make me think the publisher shipped WAY too many copies. Great for consumers but probably bad news for the long term sales for BF3. I want a price drop so I can PM at Best Buy. :)

[quote name='cancerman1120']Hmmm...these after launch offers always make me think the publisher shipped WAY too many copies.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it has anything to do with quantity shipped. I think it has to do with EA wanting to get Battlefield 3 in as many hands as possible before MW3 hits.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I don't think it has anything to do with quantity shipped. I think it has to do with EA wanting to get Battlefield 3 in as many hands as possible before MW3 hits.[/QUOTE]

You don't think it has ANYTHING to do with lackluster reviews and server problems? If all they want was for people to buy it they would have been offering better deals way earlier. These $20 deals did not appear until reviews and word of mouth started. I bought the game and love the MP but I am just saying don't expect the same thing from MW3 and there is a reason for that.

We also know there were a lot of preorders for BF3...good chance EA is not seeing as high a pickup rate as they wanted, hence an extra incentive to buy. In the end it is not good news for the game for the exact reason you stated...MW3 will be out in less than 2 weeks...people are now sitting on this game.

[quote name='cancerman1120']You don't think it has ANYTHING to do with lackluster reviews and server problems?[/QUOTE]

Amazon had a $20 credit with the game last week, before a single review was out and before there even could be server problems.

Could it be the result of relatively low sales thus far? Sure. But I don't think the reason is because they shipped too many.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Amazon had a $20 credit with the game last week, before a single review was out and before there even could be server problems.

Could it be the result of relatively low sales thus far? Sure. But I don't think the reason is because they shipped too many.[/QUOTE]

True. But Amazon put that credit up on Sat night. 2 days before release. I am not bagging on BF3 at all...like I said I love the MP. I know that both the Best Buy and Kmart near me still had plenty of LE copies left sitting next to the regular ones. They really needed the reviews to be stellar to get those who preordered (which drives shipments) to buy this week because MW3 was coming and makes it easier to wait. Again I really don't have any actual data or proof about my statement...just me speculating.

At this rate I have to wonder if it'll hit $30 during Black Friday or Christmas. It doesn't seem like anyone is selling it without an incentive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BingoBrown']I don't think it has anything to do with quantity shipped. I think it has to do with EA wanting to get Battlefield 3 in as many hands as possible before MW3 hits.[/QUOTE]Ditto

[quote name='flyjar']Ditto[/QUOTE]

We will see next week I guess....they said about 2 million preorders (US) so if they sell that much this week then they are on target. IF it is significantly less than that we will know they have a lot of stock out there.

[quote name='cancerman1120']You don't think it has ANYTHING to do with lackluster reviews and server problems?[/QUOTE]
Lackluster reviews? The game has a on 92 (PC) and an 83 (360) on metacritic.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']Lackluster reviews? The game has a on 92 (PC) and an 83 (360) on metacritic.[/QUOTE]

First off the PC score comprises of about 10% of the total preorders for the game. Now with that out of the way lets focus on the 360 (about 60% of the preorders). Comparing BF3 score to all the COD scores on 360 you find this.

COD2 89
COD3 83
COD4 94
COD5 84
COD6 94
COD7 87

So BF3 was supposed to be the COD killer yet it is only managing to score as well as the worst COD game in the series released on the 360. The hype for this game was so high that 83 (edit:the score is now 82) IS a horrible score. Heck BBC2 scored higher (88). It will most likely end up lower as more reviewers do their assessment of the console versions.

There was a percentage of people who play COD that preodered BF3 and looked the scores and passed on this. Now how many we do not know yet.

It was great DICE made an awesome PC game but unfortunately that market is small in comparison to the 10s of millions playing FPS on consoles.

[quote name='Outrun9']can you use the $20 eGift Card to buy a Walmart $20 Gift Card to use it in Warlmart stores?[/QUOTE]

yup (or at least you could the last time i tried)

bread's done
Back