[DEAD]BB Sept @Gamer Mag $10 Brink OR Hunted:TDF, $30 D:SF $40 Rise of Nightmares

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Current Sales
:360: Rise of Nightmares $39.99 after $10 coupon
:360::ps3: Driver: San Francisco $29.99 after $10 coupon
:360::ps3::wii: Tiger Woods PGA 12 The Masters $39.99/$29.99 after $20 coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Brink $9.99 after $20/$10 coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Hunted: Demon Forge $9.99 after $20/$10 coupon
:pc: Razer Naga Epic Mouse $119.99 after $10 coupon
:pc: Tritton Headsets $49.99/$109.99/$149.99 after $20 coupon
:ps3: Move Controller $39.99 after $10 coupon

General Info
Thanks + credit to AcidRain25

Battlefield 3 VS MW3 is on the cover: coupons live from 8/28-10-/1

$5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

Previous 2 months coupons for those who may not think the $15 sub is worth it [1,2]

Link provided for those who still have issues getting stores to allow the coupons to stack, BB Corp response
Link for any issues that take place month to month

****The coupons stack w/SALES PRICES****
****Price Matching DOES NOT STACK w/@gamer coupons****
****Even my VERY VERY generous local BB's will say no 1 or the other****

So when a $30 game like Brink goes on sale for $20 stacking the coupon makes the final price $10.. I'll update the OP as sales change & the title will reflect the lowest price AFTER COUPON has been taken off.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GoVols']Anyone not got their september issue in the mail yet??? i Haven't![/QUOTE]

I havent either (I've had my subscription for 6 months or so), I ended up just picking a mag in-store yesterday for brink. once I get my mag in the mail I'm going back to pick up Hunted.

If there's any buyers remorse, FYE has some great trade values for Hunted and Brink right now:

*Hunted = $20 base - > $30 with bonus!
*Brink = $18 base - > $27 with bonus!

PLUS, FYE is currently giving either a 50% bonus for store credit or a 20% bonus for cash trades.
(Note: The cashier didn't know about the promotion. I printed out the main page of their web site which mentions the deal. This helped a lot.)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Does anyone know the page number that the subscription bar code is on?

I've gone in before with plans to subscribe when using a coupon only to end up buying the magazine because the CS rep didn't know I could subscribe and I didn't find the page with the subscription bar code till I was home.[/QUOTE]

If your store has a preorder kiosk (do any still not?) just print out the magazine subscription ticket from it, it's usually on the main rotation on the front page. Then the cashier can just scan the barcode, put in your information and should take all of 30 seconds. Just be sure to grab the current issue as well and make the cashier scan it, it will come out to be free when the total button is hit.

Ok, used the $20 coupon on Hunted for PS3. Also got the two free loyalty credits from the 7x7 iPhone app. ($2 and $5) Ended up paying $3.23 after tax. Lmao. Even if it sucks, for that price the case looks good in the collection.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Picked up Hunted, the stupid cashier wouldn't let me use the coupon on both games.[/QUOTE]

Stupid cashier! Damn her for doing her job and not wanting to get in trouble over an idiot who wants two shity games. This world...

[quote name='Nealocus123']Stupid cashier! Damn her for doing her job and not wanting to get in trouble over an idiot who wants two shity games. This world...[/QUOTE]

How dare she?!?!?! Didn't she know that CAGs are exempt from the rules of society!

Just a heads up for those of us that signed up for the @gamer sub since June. I got my first mag in today, and it's worth noting that it came with a coupon voucher for a free upgrade to the gamer's club "unlocked" thing they're starting soon.

edit: and sorry i realize this info is kinda OT, but i couldn't find the thread that got started back when BB was sending out emails to announce the changes to the gamer's club.

[quote name='sirdudeoi']Just a heads up for those of us that signed up for the @gamer sub since June. I got my first mag in today, and it's worth noting that it came with a coupon voucher for a free upgrade to the gamer's club "unlocked" thing they're starting soon.

edit: and sorry i realize this info is kinda OT, but i couldn't find the thread that got started back when BB was sending out emails to announce the changes to the gamer's club.[/QUOTE]
So, does anybody know if the "unlocked" thing is for subscribers only or is it included in every Gamer mag?

[quote name='Spafon']So, does anybody know if the "unlocked" thing is for subscribers only or is it included in every Gamer mag?[/QUOTE]

I have looked through my store bought copy 3 or 4 times now and never found it. I think it may only be included with subscription copies. I'm still waiting for my sub copy to come in the mail.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Stupid cashier! Damn her for doing her job and not wanting to get in trouble over an idiot who wants two shity games. This world...[/QUOTE]

Go back to your room and let the adults talk.

[quote name='Spafon']So, does anybody know if the "unlocked" thing is for subscribers only or is it included in every Gamer mag?[/QUOTE]
It wasn't actually "IN" the magazine. It was a loose piece of paper with a coupon printed on it that was in the plastic package that the magazine arrived in.

... leading me to believe that this was only sent to snail mail recipients.

[quote name='flix1']It wasn't actually "IN" the magazine. It was a loose piece of paper with a coupon printed on it that was in the plastic package that the magazine arrived in.

... leading me to believe that this was only sent to snail mail recipients.[/QUOTE]
I was going to post this also since I received my subscription copy today. The in-store magazines will not get this. The top of the coupon says " a special offer for @gamer subscribers"

What are the specific restrictions on the coupons? Are there limits on the number of titles you can buy on each? I'd like to split the cost of the mag with someone if we can get more than one copy of Brink with the coupon.

Man, hunted is actually pretty fun. Gets repetitive so I'd say play it for like 45 min at a time, but its pretty cool.

[quote name='xrayzwei']What are the specific restrictions on the coupons? Are there limits on the number of titles you can buy on each? I'd like to split the cost of the mag with someone if we can get more than one copy of Brink with the coupon.[/QUOTE]

1 copy per coupon. With the brink/hunted coupon its one or the other unless you get a nice cashier that'll scan your coupon twice.

[quote name='mgorsi']any word on if driver SF will go on sale in September?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']I imagine it will at some point during the month[/QUOTE]

It's a Ubisoft title, I'll be shocked if it doesn't.

[quote name='Brother Daz']1 copy per coupon. With the brink/hunted coupon its one or the other unless you get a nice cashier that'll scan your coupon twice.[/QUOTE]

That seems like an unfortunately designed coupon.

[quote name='DerClaw']That seems like an unfortunately designed coupon.[/QUOTE]

not to me. might make it so anyone else who wants it has to get a magazine, sub etc.

also, does anyone know if i'd get that free sub to the gamer's club if i sign up for a sub soon? or no?

[quote name='SPVietBoy']not to me. might make it so anyone else who wants it has to get a magazine, sub etc.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, but for it to be a coupon for 2 different games that you can only use on one game, seems odd.

When TRU does that it just takes off the coupon amount from all of the games that you bought for which the coupon applies. (though it's entirely possible that TRU is not doing that intentionally and just can't figure out how to code it correctly).

Finally got my magazine today. Playstation Move controller coupon for $10 off, but Best Buy has the Move controller priced sky high at 49.99. I can get one off amazon.com for $37 w/free shipping and no tax. Best Buy needs to get real with their prices if they want any business.

[quote name='Brother Daz']1 copy per coupon. With the brink/hunted coupon its one or the other unless you get a nice cashier that'll scan your coupon twice.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure if it's perforated differently, but I went to a cashier who pretty much looked like he knew that he didn't want to rip out my coupon.

i know ymmv but i just took photocopies of the coupons and they always take them no problems as long as the barcode scans. just help for those that are scurred of the brink/hunted coupon not letting them doubledip. I did that like 10x for the 1/2 off used games coupon and it was fine each time no q's asked.

[quote name='Spafon']So, does anybody know if the "unlocked" thing is for subscribers only or is it included in every Gamer mag?[/QUOTE]It's a promo for @gamer early adopters.

[quote name='mgorsi']any word on if driver SF will go on sale in September?[/QUOTE]it'll drop to $40 w/i 30-45 days so $30 w/coupon.

[quote name='xrayzwei']What are the specific restrictions on the coupons? Are there limits on the number of titles you can buy on each? I'd like to split the cost of the mag with someone if we can get more than one copy of Brink with the coupon.[/QUOTE]it's 1 game per coupon but YMMV. My suggestion is to grab a $15 sub now otherwise you'll wind up in the same situation multiple times down the road. Just look at the previous threads people didn't jump on the $10/yr sub when they had a chance & with the coupons stacking you'll get your $15 in 1-2 issues. BB is a "patterned" company just read the tea leaves...the coupons started stacking RIGHT AFTER the TRU coupon deal made MK $30 the 2nd week after release. Last yr, BB sent out coupons to "select" RZ members so expect to see deals only towards gamers club/unlocked members like the GS PS3 giftcard deal. But the problem most people will run into is the coupons will only be sent to those who are already members not those who join at the last minute just to get the deal.

I subscribed to the @Gamer magazine today in-store along with grabbing Hunted for the PS3. I have another CAG buddy who is getting it too, so it should be worth the $10 for the co-op experience. Most games are at least worth that.

[quote name='mightymek']I subscribed to the @Gamer magazine today in-store along with grabbing Hunted for the PS3. I have another CAG buddy who is getting it too, so it should be worth the $10 for the co-op experience. Most games are at least worth that.[/QUOTE]

You and a buddy having a co-op face-slappin' contest is about as fun. lol

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']You and a buddy having a co-op face-slappin' contest is about as fun. lol[/QUOTE]

LOL people will be doing this if the game is that bad :argue:

I lucked out today, no magazine yet at the house, I only started the order 2 weeks ago, but they had the coupon stuck next to the game, so I grabbed it started jabbering with the game guy and he scanned both games on the same coupon.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I love how the people who got the coupon scanned for both think they're getting a deal...all you're doing is wasting $10 on Brink :)[/QUOTE]

tbh its not that bad imo. i enjoyed it when i played it. the graphics kinda annoy me but seeing as idrc about that, didnt matter. esp if u play against competent players wit a competent team. it gets kinda intense and can be fun.

Glad i am not the only one who hasnt gotten his magazine yet. Maybe they'll be out of HtDF once i get it and i can save myself the stress of playing it? :)

Sounds like very mixed reviews from cags.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I love how the people who got the coupon scanned for both think they're getting a deal...all you're doing is wasting $10 on Brink :)[/QUOTE]

Like Hunted is any better? I mean neither one is great but I would take Brink any day over Hunted and I prefer hack n' slash to fps.

I finally got my mag in the mail today, went right from getting the mail to BB. No luck on getting 2 for 1 coupon on my first location, but the cashier at the second one was cool and hooked me up. Both stores I went to had plenty of each on the shelves.

[quote name='exceed19']Well my plan worked. I copied my coupon from the Gamer mag. I scanned BOTH images (front and back) then printed the front off, took that print, and put it BACK in my printer (to do the back side) and printed that as well. Then I took the original, and me AND my GF both were able to use the coupons. I still have the scans saved on my PC.

Does that make sense?

I didnt get to play either game, and quite honestly - my backlog is like 45-50 games deep. These, for $10 were a great deal however. I dont think I have paid full price for a game, and at $10-$20 is my perfect price range, for newer releases. I will end up paying $40 for GoW3 though for xbox.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like coupon fraud, but to each his own.

I was able to 2 get both games discounted with one coupon. I didn't read the fine print but I was able to convince them to do it. They rang it up as 2 separate purchases. I have played both games and they are both worth $10 a piece. I like Demon's Forge and Brink is ok but I haven't played multiplayer yet. I also noticed that both copies still had the release date stickers on them.

I'm about 5 or 6 hours in with Hunted and having a blast. I don't understand the mixed reviews. To each his own I guess. Brink sure is a turd though. Without question.

I got the deal on brink just yesterday, I actually got the mag free because the clerk was dumb and placed the mag into my bag with the game without charging it. Technically I paid only 86cents for Brink also because bestbuy screwed up my $50 order on starcraft2 collecters edition, they charged me without having the game in stock and gave me a refund with 10 gift card. I also grabbed the DLC for brink for free when it came out so SUPER BONUS for me!! 86 Cents for brink with DLC SOLD! Brink isn't bad by the way it is a good game, it's a bad game for people who play call of duty >.

wait ur supposed to PAY for their magazine? clerk saw me rip out the coupon and then toss the mag to the side. then i returned my madden pre order.

Paid for the subscription today when picking up madden. Had this months mag to. Manager told me I had to pay for it too! I couldn't believe it. So I am canceling today. I wanted this months. Manager was a real bitch about it too!

[quote name='polly']I'm about 5 or 6 hours in with Hunted and having a blast. I don't understand the mixed reviews. To each his own I guess. Brink sure is a turd though. Without question.[/QUOTE]

Great to hear. I think Hunted looks fun and I can't wait to check it out this weekend. And I agree about Brink. I got it from Goozex 2 weeks after release and thought it was the biggest pile of poop I've played in a long time.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Paid for the subscription today when picking up madden. Had this months mag to. Manager told me I had to pay for it too! I couldn't believe it. So I am canceling today. I wanted this months. Manager was a real bitch about it too![/QUOTE]

That's odd. I subscribed in store last night and like others said, the cashier scanned the magazine as well and it came up $0.00.

Cashier at Tysons Corner VA Best Buy was a real ***** to me about it, went to customer service, and she wasn't sure, so she got her manager, and he said it was fine, but that the cashier (the same one) would finish up, and she was a horrible pain in the ass again. I nearly walked out a few times.

Super nice employee not only let me get both (Though he had to do seperate transactions), but he let me keep the coupon too.

Cant complain for only 25ish bucks, was wanting both of these games anyway. Something to pass the time until next week

bread's done
Back