[DEAD]BB Sept @Gamer Mag $10 Brink OR Hunted:TDF, $30 D:SF $40 Rise of Nightmares

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Current Sales
:360: Rise of Nightmares $39.99 after $10 coupon
:360::ps3: Driver: San Francisco $29.99 after $10 coupon
:360::ps3::wii: Tiger Woods PGA 12 The Masters $39.99/$29.99 after $20 coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Brink $9.99 after $20/$10 coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Hunted: Demon Forge $9.99 after $20/$10 coupon
:pc: Razer Naga Epic Mouse $119.99 after $10 coupon
:pc: Tritton Headsets $49.99/$109.99/$149.99 after $20 coupon
:ps3: Move Controller $39.99 after $10 coupon

General Info
Thanks + credit to AcidRain25

Battlefield 3 VS MW3 is on the cover: coupons live from 8/28-10-/1

$5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

Previous 2 months coupons for those who may not think the $15 sub is worth it [1,2]

Link provided for those who still have issues getting stores to allow the coupons to stack, BB Corp response
Link for any issues that take place month to month

****The coupons stack w/SALES PRICES****
****Price Matching DOES NOT STACK w/@gamer coupons****
****Even my VERY VERY generous local BB's will say no 1 or the other****

So when a $30 game like Brink goes on sale for $20 stacking the coupon makes the final price $10.. I'll update the OP as sales change & the title will reflect the lowest price AFTER COUPON has been taken off.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WV Matsui']Paid for the subscription today when picking up madden. Had this months mag to. Manager told me I had to pay for it too! I couldn't believe it. So I am canceling today. I wanted this months. Manager was a real bitch about it too![/QUOTE]

The current issue (Sep - the Battlefield vs. COD issue) is set to ring up for free when purchased with a subscription. Have them ring up both the subscription and the single issue and it will ring out free.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I have looked through my store bought copy 3 or 4 times now and never found it. I think it may only be included with subscription copies. I'm still waiting for my sub copy to come in the mail.[/QUOTE]

The free Unlocked thing is just going to subscribers.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Does anyone know the page number that the subscription bar code is on?

I've gone in before with plans to subscribe when using a coupon only to end up buying the magazine because the CS rep didn't know I could subscribe and I didn't find the page with the subscription bar code till I was home.[/QUOTE]

Easiest place to find the subscription barcode is on the Preorder Touchscreen in each store.

[quote name='dc delta90']The free Unlocked thing is just going to subscribers.[/QUOTE]
I know thanks, I received my subscription issue a couple days ago and got my coupon. I posted the confirmation a page or two back.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']not to me. might make it so anyone else who wants it has to get a magazine, sub etc.

also, does anyone know if i'd get that free sub to the gamer's club if i sign up for a sub soon? or no?[/QUOTE]

Yes, as long as you sign up by 9/11. Quite frankly though, you are better off waiting until 9/12 (when it launches) if you already have the September issue. It's $14.99 to sign up for the paid version of Gamers Club or $14.99 to sign up for an @Gamer sub. You get the @Gamer sub with the paid version of Gamers Club so better to just grab that on the 12th and not wait for the coupon.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I know thanks, I received my subscription issue a couple days ago and got my coupon. I posted the confirmation a page or two back.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. Missed that. You going to go back in on the 12th to use the coupon?

Can't believe my local store (LIC, NY) hasn't even received the mags yet. Maybe the hurricane delayed the shipment? Or are they just lazy and it's probably lying in the warehouse somewhere?

[quote name='dc delta90']Gotcha. Missed that. You going to go back in on the 12th to use the coupon?[/QUOTE]

hell yeah I am, this works out perfect since my subscription expires soon :bouncy:

OMG, what a nightmare, 1hr to trade 10 games, the guy couldn't find the app, then the hand scanner didn't work, then he couldn't load the giftcard. I wanted to kill him. And now I have to return Madden, which I bought to get the bump.

[quote name='dc delta90']Yes, as long as you sign up by 9/11. Quite frankly though, you are better off waiting until 9/12 (when it launches) if you already have the September issue. It's $14.99 to sign up for the paid version of Gamers Club or $14.99 to sign up for an @Gamer sub. You get the @Gamer sub with the paid version of Gamers Club so better to just grab that on the 12th and not wait for the coupon.[/QUOTE]
So, if I was to go in and buy the latest issue for the coupon AND buy the subscription, does that mean I would NOT be grandfathered into the Gamers Club? Should I just wait until the 12th to buy the subscription, hoping that they still have some Brink and/or Hunted left to buy?

[quote name='dc delta90']Yes, as long as you sign up by 9/11. Quite frankly though, you are better off waiting until 9/12 (when it launches) if you already have the September issue. It's $14.99 to sign up for the paid version of Gamers Club or $14.99 to sign up for an @Gamer sub. You get the @Gamer sub with the paid version of Gamers Club so better to just grab that on the 12th and not wait for the coupon.[/QUOTE]

oh it starts teh 12th? didnt realize. cool, thanks for ur help :) guess i'll just hit up BB sometime soon

Nevermind, just read this at the bestbuy forum:

What if I subscribed to @Gamer after the news about Gamers Club Unlocked went out?
If you signed up for @Gamer between Aug. 12 and Sept. 11, you will receive your coupon with a letter that will arrive in September.

If you can't or don't want to buy these games at Best Buy, Amazon Warehouse has like-new copies of Hunted and Brink for $13.99 and 11.99 respectively. So it's actually cheaper than Best Buy unless you really want the magazine.

Had no problem at the Montrose, OH store. 1 coupon for both games. Helped that I subscribed on the spot. Needed a little extra to push me over for the next rewardzone coupon anyway.

Played brink a bit. Seems ok, but the lack of tutorial is surprising. Might be the first game in a while that I read the manual.

[quote name='daminion']Had no problem at the Montrose, OH store. 1 coupon for both games. Helped that I subscribed on the spot. Needed a little extra to push me over for the next rewardzone coupon anyway.

Played brink a bit. Seems ok, but the lack of tutorial is surprising. Might be the first game in a while that I read the manual.[/QUOTE]

There is. I think they are called challenges or something. Anyway, they walk you through how to use each class and how to complete objectives.

So if I go pre-order Driver SF today to take advantage of their 40% bonus TIV offer, will I be able to buy a Gamer mag and apply the $10 off coupon to my pre-order on release day?

[quote name='bsmiff']So if I go pre-order Driver SF today to take advantage of their 40% bonus TIV offer, will I be able to buy a Gamer mag and apply the $10 off coupon to my pre-order on release day?[/QUOTE]

Should be able to. BB processes pre-orders as a "return credit" when you buy the game on release day. As long as you hold on to the coupon and present it when you pick-up the game, it should work.

Also, probably no need to mention the coupon when you do your pre-order, that will just confuse them.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Should be able to. BB processes pre-orders as a "return credit" when you buy the game on release day. As long as you hold on to the coupon and present it when you pick-up the game, it should work.

Also, probably no need to mention the coupon when you do your pre-order, that will just confuse them.[/QUOTE]

Yep, exactly as you say. My trades went fine. I spotted a few Gamer mags and asked if she could apply the coupon. Said I'd have to buy the magazine and bring the coupon when I pick up the game next week. I told her I'd wait and grab the magazine next week, aka I'm hoping the person I pick up from won't charge me for the zine. Other than that I got a great deal with the 40% trade bonus.

i had no problem getting Brink and hunted with the same coupon, just told the cashier she had to scan it twice. She didn't even take the coupon so i still have it.

My best buy hired a new cashier who looked like a lost puppy when I came up with the mag and both games. He made me pay for the mag and went to get his manager. She only let me get hunted and then took my coupon. I wasn't too sour. I got brink for free from bethsoft so it's not like I needed two copies to own but never play.

Love my best buy. Walked in, " hey Ryan". 'Hey, I haven't got my magazine in the mail and I'm headed out of town. Will you scan one of those mags sitting there so I can grab brink?'

"Sure. That way you can use your coupon to price adjust hunted you bought the other day then."

' Thanx. I got gift card money left over from my trade ins too'

" Total is $$4.xx"

' Thanx for the free $30 game.'

I went to get hunted, everything went fine, but I opened the case just now, and there was a blank cd-r disc in there, wtf, this has never happened to me before, now I get to try and exchange it

[quote name='Pittsie']Stupid question..... is there a way to subscribe in-store?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it's either on the kiosk or in the mag itself.

---

ok, so I might be losing my mind. Wasn't there a requirement that we had to get to 250 Gamer points by 9/1 to get something? I swear I read it in an email.

Some stores have the page from the magazine posted on the wall behind them so all they have to do is turn around with their scanner. Look for a plastic holder on that wall, should be in there[quote name='Pittsie']Stupid question..... is there a way to subscribe in-store?[/QUOTE]

OK did not expect this.....I just received my Sept issue and with it to my suprise was a free Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked Membership Certificate and letter wraped in black plastic with the mag. Certificate States that it is redeemable from Sept 12th to Oct 29th. $14.99 Value.

Letter states:
As a Reward Zone Gamers Club member, you'll recieve double points on new game software, including digital content and accessory purchases. Plus, as a Gamers Club Unlocked member, you'll enjoy access to even greater content benefits including:

- A free @Gamer subscription restart
- 10% off all pre-owned software purchases
- 10% bonus credit on trade-in software
- Reward Zone Gamers Club exclusive offers

Small print:
Must be a Reward Zone Gamer's Club member to take advantage. One coupon per @Gamer subscriber. Only original coupon will be accepted.

FYI...The cert is printed on "Kan't Kopy K1 Security Paper."

[quote name='Wanderlai']Shot down at the BB in Greensboro on getting Brink/Hunted with the one coupon. Geez I really hate BB.[/QUOTE]

well, the coupon does state $20 off Brink OR Hunted...not both.

[quote name='Shangralia2005']OK did not expect this.....I just received my Sept issue and with it to my suprise was a free Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked Membership Certificate and letter wraped in black plastic with the mag. Certificate States that it is redeemable from Sept 12th to Oct 29th. $14.99 Value.

Letter states:
As a Reward Zone Gamers Club member, you'll recieve double points on new game software, including digital content and accessory purchases. Plus, as a Gamers Club Unlocked member, you'll enjoy access to even greater content benefits including:

Small print:
Must be a Reward Zone Gamer's Club member to take advantage. One coupon per @Gamer subscriber. Only original coupon will be accepted.

FYI...The cert is printed on "Kan't Kopy K1 Security Paper."[/QUOTE]

That is the new Gamerzone starting this month. Basically making it similar to GS. You pay 15$ per year to be part of the club. It comes with a magazine and other bonuses, 10% off used games etc.

[quote name='Shangralia2005']OK did not expect this.....I just received my Sept issue and with it to my suprise was a free Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked Membership Certificate and letter wraped in black plastic with the mag. Certificate States that it is redeemable from Sept 12th to Oct 29th. $14.99 Value.

Letter states:

Small print:

me too, its niceeee

I got my copy today and am definitely interested in picking up Brink for $10. Just to confirm, $30 is the new MSRP for both it and Hunted so I can pick either of them up any time for $10 before the coupon expires on October 2? It would be nice not to have to be forced to stop in there this week only.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, if you can get them to do it, you can use one coupon on multiple games on one transaction. (eg. brink + hunted, or multiples of either)

You just need to get them to scan the coupon once for each game/copy of the game.

Picked up 3 Brink for each platform tonight that way.

[quote name='bsmiff']So if I go pre-order Driver SF today to take advantage of their 40% bonus TIV offer, will I be able to buy a Gamer mag and apply the $10 off coupon to my pre-order on release day?[/QUOTE]I wouldn't do it that way, wait till Driver goes on sale for $40 THEN buy the game using the coupon otherwise you'll need to jump thru hoops to get the pm. This game isn't gonna sell enough to maintain MSRP before the coupon expires espcially with all the other titles dropping. Only get it day 1 if they offer a $10 pre-order bonus.

[quote name='Pittsie']Stupid question..... is there a way to subscribe in-store?[/QUOTE]use the kiosk, there's no barcode in this months mag but if your BB still has older copies of previous months still out where the strategy guides are I think page 86 of last months had it.

[quote name='confoosious']ok, so I might be losing my mind. Wasn't there a requirement that we had to get to 250 Gamer points by 9/1 to get something? I swear I read it in an email.[/QUOTE]you have till 9/12 to double dip on the current($10 for every $150 spent) & new program(2X points). The 2X points covers all gaming purchases starting from June 1 & the post right around 9/12 so if you've been really buying stuff it'll add up fast.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Re...amers-Club-Changes-Coming-9-12-11/td-p/320180

[quote name='styl3s']interesting, but you need the subscription right? don't want to be subscribed to anything BB/GS.[/QUOTE]For the free upgrade? Yeah, you need to have subscribed already it's a thank u to all the early adopters. So basically we've gotten 2 yrs for $15 total. I've made/saved so much money from the mags coupons already.

[quote name='gubmccargen']I got my copy today and am definitely interested in picking up Brink for $10. Just to confirm, $30 is the new MSRP for both it and Hunted so I can pick either of them up any time for $10 before the coupon expires on October 2? It would be nice not to have to be forced to stop in there this week only.[/QUOTE]pretty sure it's the MSRP plus if they go on sale for $20 you'll end up just paying tax after the coupon.

[quote name='Enuf']I wouldn't do it that way, wait till Driver goes on sale for $40 THEN buy the game using the coupon otherwise you'll need to jump thru hoops to get the pm. This game isn't gonna sell enough to maintain MSRP before the coupon expires espcially with all the other titles dropping. Only get it day 1 if they offer a $10 pre-order bonus.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I want it release day. I went ahead and did the 40% TIV bonus and it was very much worth it. No way I'd get $28 for a used copy of Portal 2 anymore elsewhere. I didn't bother with the PM as the TRU listing says online only. The @Gamer coupon will get me $10 off if they don't charge for the magazine, $5 off if they do. With the 40% bonus though, either way's a good deal for me.

[quote name='bsmiff']Eh, I want it release day. I went ahead and did the 40% TIV bonus and it was very much worth it. No way I'd get $28 for a used copy of Portal 2 anymore elsewhere. I didn't bother with the PM as the TRU listing says online only. The @Gamer coupon will get me $10 off if they don't charge for the magazine, $5 off if they do. With the 40% bonus though, either way's a good deal for me.[/QUOTE]

If you PM me your address, I'll be happy to mail you a coupon for driver, I have 4 sitting here. I'm not sure how quick snail mail would get it to you tho, just thought I would offer.

[quote name='bsmiff']Eh, I want it release day. I went ahead and did the 40% TIV bonus and it was very much worth it. No way I'd get $28 for a used copy of Portal 2 anymore elsewhere. I didn't bother with the PM as the TRU listing says online only. The @Gamer coupon will get me $10 off if they don't charge for the magazine, $5 off if they do. With the 40% bonus though, either way's a good deal for me.[/QUOTE]I feel u if it's a day 1 must have still a great deal, the 1st mag in-store will be free with a yr sub depending on your flipping skills you can easily recoup the $15 in 1 issue. Just think if you had already subscribed that's $5 saved right here plus with them giving u a free unlocked membership u have 2 yr to recoup the other $10. Hell you could sell coupon u don't want $2 ea make the $10 or $15 back ASAP in a good month just wait till the next 50% off used game coupon & alot the this falls AAA titles will be in the Nov-Feb issues.

I picked up a copy of :ps3:Hunted: The Demon's Forge earlier today by having the cashier at the trade in kiosk basically just scan the @Gamer coupon for me cuz I have no idea when my magazines will start showing up in my mailbox and I wanted this deal this week.

Someone did a little cleaning in this thread. WTF was my post deleted for? I was just posting how the coupon can work for multiple copies. A manager said it was ok when I did it, and it didn't require an override...

Letter states:

Small print:

Is it just me or doesn't this just sound like the power up rewards program

[quote name='dabamus']Someone did a little cleaning in this thread. WTF was my post deleted for? I was just posting how the coupon can work for multiple copies. A manager said it was ok when I did it, and it didn't require an override...[/QUOTE]

Be carefull what you post my friend or the higher ups here might give you the gas

Picked up 5 copies of Brink and 3 copies of Hunted...

Got some early bday & xmas presents!

Did Brink and Hunted on same transaction and scanning the coupon twice.

Anyone have that info on when new subscribers can expect their mags? I remember a post detailing it based on dates you signed up...but can't find it.

FWIW I signed up 8/6

...want Brink

[quote name='naf']Anyone have that info on when new subscribers can expect their mags? I remember a post detailing it based on dates you signed up...but can't find it.

FWIW I signed up 8/6

...want Brink[/QUOTE]

good luck bro, I signed up at the end of May and still haven't gotten a mag in the mail yet...

I guess I'll have to request the coupon deal when I go to preorder R3 this weekend.

[quote name='aznhero913']good luck bro, I signed up at the end of May and still haven't gotten a mag in the mail yet...[/QUOTE]

Have you contacted the customer service number or site yet?

bread's done
Back