[DEAD]BB Sept @Gamer Mag $10 Brink OR Hunted:TDF, $30 D:SF $40 Rise of Nightmares

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Current Sales
:360: Rise of Nightmares $39.99 after $10 coupon
:360::ps3: Driver: San Francisco $29.99 after $10 coupon
:360::ps3::wii: Tiger Woods PGA 12 The Masters $39.99/$29.99 after $20 coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Brink $9.99 after $20/$10 coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Hunted: Demon Forge $9.99 after $20/$10 coupon
:pc: Razer Naga Epic Mouse $119.99 after $10 coupon
:pc: Tritton Headsets $49.99/$109.99/$149.99 after $20 coupon
:ps3: Move Controller $39.99 after $10 coupon

General Info
Thanks + credit to AcidRain25

Battlefield 3 VS MW3 is on the cover: coupons live from 8/28-10-/1

$5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

Previous 2 months coupons for those who may not think the $15 sub is worth it [1,2]

Link provided for those who still have issues getting stores to allow the coupons to stack, BB Corp response
Link for any issues that take place month to month

****The coupons stack w/SALES PRICES****
****Price Matching DOES NOT STACK w/@gamer coupons****
****Even my VERY VERY generous local BB's will say no 1 or the other****

So when a $30 game like Brink goes on sale for $20 stacking the coupon makes the final price $10.. I'll update the OP as sales change & the title will reflect the lowest price AFTER COUPON has been taken off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I signed up for the GoW triple pack/Dungeon Siege 3 issue, and checked the mail today and got the mag this month.

It really has been worth it for the coupons. Ive already paid for the sub with GoW Triple Pack and DS3. I only wish I had the extra 10% for tradeins alot sooner.

Might try to get Brink and Hunted with the coupon.

[quote name='onyzukae']WTH!!!!! I still not receive sep mag.
what i have to do???![/QUOTE]

When did you sign up? The process is that they skip the upcoming months and you get this months in store.

I ordered in June and got september's because the July issue was a 2 month issue for July/august.

If you ordered in July or august you will get october's issue.

JUST got my first issue today. Like many others, I got the sub back in June. I fired off an e-mail to the generic customer service, and I've searched through my purchase history, and absolutely cannot find any record of my purchase of the subscription...I did find a mysterious transaction, however, for an @Gamer Magazine for $.01!

I figure that HAD to be the transaction where I got the sub, because you get the current issue in-store for FREE along with it. It's all really weird with all of these people having no record of our paid subscriptions, but still getting the magazine.

Just glad I got mine in, finally. Really was gonna be mad if I didn't end up getting the free year of Unlocked after paying so long ago!

[quote name='onyzukae']WTH!!!!! I still not receive sep mag.
what i have to do???![/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. Here's what I did. I went to the store, picked up a copy of Hunted and a copy of the magazine, and went to checkout. I explained to the cashier that I hadn't received the magazine and asked if I could use the coupon. He said sure and scanned it. He even gave me the magazine for free. Then he said I should go talk to the customer service desk to make sure I received future mailings. However, the line at customer service was long, so I didn't do that.

Anyway, worth a shot to go and explain your situation. If you have the Gamer Zone (or whatever it's called), you should be in their system in case they don't believe you.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']When did you sign up? The process is that they skip the upcoming months and you get this months in store.

I ordered in June and got september's because the July issue was a 2 month issue for July/august.

If you ordered in July or august you will get october's issue.[/QUOTE]

I ordered in June.12 (got june mag in store pick up.) and i got july/august mag in mail.

So I signed up late August. As I read a few post earlier, that means I won't be getting the Oct issue? Would I be able to show up in store and ask them for one? The guys there are pretty cool, so I'm going to try anyways. And what about the Gamer Zone Coupon? Comes with the November issue?

Quick question, I got the coupon in the mail earlier and was wondering if I had to use it on the account that I have the subscription on or if I could use it on my dads account or something to get the subscription sent to him for a year, while I'll still get the magazine at my house anyways, since I just signed up for the magazine last month and this way if there's ever a coupon we both want to use then we can both get a copy of it?

Yesterday I went into Best Buy intending to sign up for the @gamer subscription, so I waited in line at checkout for 5-10 minutes. I get up to the register, ask if I can sign up for the subscription, and am told by the cashier that I have to do that at the counter in the gaming department. He tells me "Somebody will be able to help you out when you get back there". I get back there and guess what... there are no associates in the gaming department. I wait another 5-10 minutes at the counter and of course nobody ever shows up to help me out. Needless to say I walked out without buying anything or subscribing to the magazine. I'll probably just do the subscription online.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Quick question, I got the coupon in the mail earlier and was wondering if I had to use it on the account that I have the subscription on or if I could use it on my dads account or something to get the subscription sent to him for a year, while I'll still get the magazine at my house anyways, since I just signed up for the magazine last month and this way if there's ever a coupon we both want to use then we can both get a copy of it?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you can use it on another account, but you won't get the "unlocked" bonuses unless you buy it on your account ($15) or redeem the coupon on your account. This is their free upgrade to unlocked service for early adopters.

Just got back form BB. I told the guy in the gaming section that I need a cheap game to put me over the top for my $150. He said "I can get you Brink or Hunted for $10". I said sounds good. He rang it up and scanned a store copy of the coupon. No purchase necessary for me! YMMV of course.

No, in store only. Plus wait till the 12th, thats when they release gamer zone and you get 10% bonuses along with the subscription for 15$

I've been a subscriber since March. I moved and went online to change my address in July but I haven't received this issue. I logged in again to report a missing issue but it just said "this issue is no longer available". I guess I didn't really need to add to the backlog anyways, but I remember someone earlier in this thread said something about some sort of unlock for the new gamer club was in this mag, so I'm wondering if I'm gonna be out of luck on that too. Anyone know?

I lucked out and got a year of @Gamer in mid-August, which means you get grandfathered into the program for free. Apparently when entered into the program, your subscription resets back to a year (so 10 more mags). This works for me because I essentially get an extra magazine for free, but for those of you who are subscribers and aren't grandfathered in, this may be complicated. Here's a link for it. -> http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamers-Club-Changes-Coming-9-12-11/td-p/320180

For some reason I got my free entry into the new Gamer's Club in the mail, but have yet to receive a magazine so I decided to just go to BB today and tell them, hoping that they would just let me use the coupon. The guy who rung me up (who I've become familiar with over the last month or two) is the one who sold me the subscription so he believed me, and cut me some slack. The problem is I was buying a copy of Brink AND a copy of Hunted and BB has blocked the coupon from being used more than once a transaction. After some explanation, the guy told me I'd probably have to come back with my original magazine for the other game, but I just gave in and bought a $5 mag on the spot since in theory, I shouldn't have been able to get two copies from one magazine anyways. On top of that, since this guy is always dogging me on pre-orders and the pre-order 5 for $100 deal, I threw him a bone and pre-ordered Arkham Asylum.

Chalked it up to getting Brink and Hunted for $12.50 each before tax. A nice bonus however is that BOTH games came with DLC codes for what I'm assuming are their pre-order bonuses. Just something to keep in mind, they REALLY didn't sell many copies. The Fallout pre-order DLC pack for Brink isn't too shabby, imo.

TL; DR, new copies of Brink/Hunted may come with original pre-order DLC, and those of you who have multiple months left on their @Gamer subscriptions are screwed unless you hold off on signing up for the new super-duper Gamer's Club.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I lucked out and got a year of @Gamer in mid-August, which means you get grandfathered into the program for free. Apparently when entered into the program, your subscription resets back to a year (so 10 more mags). This works for me because I essentially get an extra magazine for free, but for those of you who are subscribers and aren't grandfathered in, this may be complicated. Here's a link for it. -> http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamers-Club-Changes-Coming-9-12-11/td-p/320180

For some reason I got my free entry into the new Gamer's Club in the mail, but have yet to receive a magazine so I decided to just go to BB today and tell them, hoping that they would just let me use the coupon. The guy who rung me up (who I've become familiar with over the last month or two) is the one who sold me the subscription so he believed me, and cut me some slack. The problem is I was buying a copy of Brink AND a copy of Hunted and BB has blocked the coupon from being used more than once a transaction. After some explanation, the guy told me I'd probably have to come back with my original magazine for the other game, but I just gave in and bought a $5 mag on the spot since in theory, I shouldn't have been able to get two copies from one magazine anyways. On top of that, since this guy is always dogging me on pre-orders and the pre-order 5 for $100 deal, I threw him a bone and pre-ordered Arkham Asylum.

Chalked it up to getting Brink and Hunted for $12.50 each before tax. A nice bonus however is that BOTH games came with DLC codes for what I'm assuming are their pre-order bonuses. Just something to keep in mind, they REALLY didn't sell many copies. The Fallout pre-order DLC pack for Brink isn't too shabby, imo.

TL; DR, new copies of Brink/Hunted may come with original pre-order DLC, and those of you who have multiple months left on their @Gamer subscriptions are screwed unless you hold off on signing up for the new super-duper Gamer's Club.[/QUOTE]

Easy way to tell if you are going to get the preorder bonuses or not is just look for the "do not sell before" orange seal on the top.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Easy way to tell if you are going to get the preorder bonuses or not is just look for the "do not sell before" orange seal on the top.[/QUOTE]

Ah, so that's what that was! I thought they were just a random title that they were avoiding from being released ahead of its street date.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Easy way to tell if you are going to get the preorder bonuses or not is just look for the "do not sell before" orange seal on the top.[/QUOTE]
say what?

[quote name='kouleefoh']say what?[/QUOTE]

Typically, any game a store received for launch day would have the pre-order or bonus content in the box. If a game on the shelf, say, six months later still has an orange "Do Not Sell Before mm/dd/yyyy", you can assume, because it has that sticker, that it is a copy they got on their first shipment... thus, it likely has the early adopter bonuses.

[quote name='Blank Earth']I've been debating getting a subscription. Can the coupons be used with online orders?[/QUOTE]They're in-store only.

[quote name='aznhero913']I've only seen the orange stickers for bethesda games...[/QUOTE]

Some Microsoft titles have street dates on them also such as the Halo and Gears franchises.

[quote name='boogie4114']Some Microsoft titles have street dates on them also such as the Halo and Gears franchises.[/QUOTE]

True but I've only seen orange stickers for bethesda games...

I bought Halo Wars a couple weeks ago from sears(during the clearance event) and it was the first release version w/ the "do not sell before" sticker on the top. That was a white sticker though.

[quote name='mattcube64']Typically, any game a store received for launch day would have the pre-order or bonus content in the box. If a game on the shelf, say, six months later still has an orange "Do Not Sell Before mm/dd/yyyy", you can assume, because it has that sticker, that it is a copy they got on their first shipment... thus, it likely has the early adopter bonuses.[/QUOTE]

ooh gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. I thought he said preordering bonuses as in the 5 and get $100. My fault.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']

TL; DR, new copies of Brink/Hunted may come with original pre-order DLC, and those of you who have multiple months left on their @Gamer subscriptions are screwed unless you hold off on signing up for the new super-duper Gamer's Club.[/QUOTE]

I asked the kid if there was DLC on Hunted and he said no. I did just looked at my unopened copy and I can see a card next to the instructions, so I know it is in there.

What is the DLC? I didn't plan on opening my copy yet.

[quote name='aznhero913']True but I've only seen orange stickers for bethesda games...

I bought Halo Wars a couple weeks ago from sears(during the clearance event) and it was the first release version w/ the "do not sell before" sticker on the top. That was a white sticker though.[/QUOTE]

True I should have just said sticker, not orange sticker. Many of the games are moving away from the card and just emailing them out. Bethesda, so far, is the one that is remaining to put in box. For Bethesda games it is almost always an orange sticker on the top, denoting it is a first run of the game and usually, if not always, has the DLC in the box.

The halo reach has the little decal on the box noting if it has the recon helm or not. Etc. Etc.

But overall most games that are first runs will have a "Do not sell before XX/XX/XXXX" (x's denoting the street date it can be purchased).

Has anybody been lucky getting multiple copies of the same game with one coupon? I wanted to get a couple copies of Brink. I would probably sell one of the copies to offset the price of the magazine and keep the other.

[quote name='slowdive21']What is the DLC? I didn't plan on opening my copy yet.[/QUOTE]
It's a bunch of in-game items.

This is what it says on the card.

The Griffin Pack contains exclusive content:

E'lara's Griffin Claw Bow
E'lara's Griffin Armor
Caddoc's Griffin Bracer
Caddoc's Griffin Maw Crossbow

It's ONE code for everything.

[quote name='Abeja']It really has been worth it for the coupons. Ive already paid for the sub with GoW Triple Pack and DS3. I only wish I had the extra 10% for tradeins alot sooner.[/QUOTE]yeah, it only takes 1 months to get ahead with the coupons glad I jumped on the sub back when it 1st started now getting 2 yrs for $15 total I've already made out enough for 5-6 yrs off that same $15. The 10% stacking now gets most max trades between $45-$48 which is nice.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Yesterday I went into Best Buy intending to sign up for the @gamer subscription, so I waited in line at checkout for 5-10 minutes. I get up to the register, ask if I can sign up for the subscription, and am told by the cashier that I have to do that at the counter in the gaming department. He tells me "Somebody will be able to help you out when you get back there". I get back there and guess what... there are no associates in the gaming department. I wait another 5-10 minutes at the counter and of course nobody ever shows up to help me out. Needless to say I walked out without buying anything or subscribing to the magazine. I'll probably just do the subscription online.[/QUOTE]the kiosk has a barcode sub printout or older mags if there's any left had the barcode too.

Gonna bump this real quick to drop this headset deal....

The new Tritton's are either coming out next Tuesday (gametrailers forum), are already out (on my head right now) or come out or on 11/1 (according to Gamestop). But check em out, they qualify for the $20 off w/ the @Gamer mag coup. $79 msrp, $59 w/ the coup.

SKU for the Detonator's are 3463041, these things are mean, even compared to my Sennheiser 545's
I can't find record of them anywhere except here, and they don't seem to be officially out. Good luck!
51SVOU9VopL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I don't use a headset for console gaming (only on my PC). That said, I appreciate the bump and the heads up! And I'm sure others will, too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']C'mon $30 MSRP for Driver San Fran before Oct expiration date of coupons.[/QUOTE]

Have you had a chance to play it?

I loved the original PlayStation games way back in the day as youngster. Would still go back to them every once in a while on my PS2. Skipped the last couple games, though.

Anyway, reviews seemed solid for this one, and impressions were good. Figured I didn't want to drop MSRP on it, so I rented it for a night so me and my buddy could play. I was TERRIBLY disappointed. The map/street layout is pedestrian as hell. No cool ramps or jumps or neat bridges. The "in car cutscenes" were ignoring. Story was lame. And the driving just wasn't that fun. Big disappointment.

$20 still wouldn't be my sweet spot. I'll probably grab it for ~$10 when it inevitably fills up discount used bins in a few months.

I don't mean to hate. I hope you love it! But I'd try it out first.

[quote name='mattcube64']Have you had a chance to play it?

I loved the original PlayStation games way back in the day as youngster. Would still go back to them every once in a while on my PS2. Skipped the last couple games, though.

Anyway, reviews seemed solid for this one, and impressions were good. Figured I didn't want to drop MSRP on it, so I rented it for a night so me and my buddy could play. I was TERRIBLY disappointed. The map/street layout is pedestrian as hell. No cool ramps or jumps or neat bridges. The "in car cutscenes" were ignoring. Story was lame. And the driving just wasn't that fun. Big disappointment.

$20 still wouldn't be my sweet spot. I'll probably grab it for ~$10 when it inevitably fills up discount used bins in a few months.

I don't mean to hate. I hope you love it! But I'd try it out first.[/QUOTE]
If anything, I'll probably rent it from RedBox for $2 for one night and be done with it. One of the local kiosks by me has it still in stock(only that n Brink in stock for PS3), so I'll probably just spend the $2 and play it for one whole day and knowing the short games lately end up finishing it.

I saw the demo in action at my one buddies' house and I was NOT impressed. The last Driver game I played was Driver 2 on PS1 and I loved the fact that you could get out of your car now and comandeer other vehicles if need be.

The fact that this game seems to be more of a racer than anything is what annoys me and why I'll likely never really pick it up unless it's stupid cheap.:whistle2:#

Signed up for the magazine in August, but by most people's stories it seems like I wont be getting a mag this month. Went to the Best Buy near me in Marlboro MA and explained that I hadnt gotten my magazine for the month yet, but wanted to use the coupons. The cashier looked up my subscription info (had to do the upgrade things anyway for the new gamers club plan) and he then let me purchase both Brink and Hunted for $10 apiece by scanning the same coupon (from the instore mag) twice

Sweet.

I liked the demo of Driver:SF but I think it was mostly the cheesy too cute by half dialogue that sold me on it.

Fair warning though: It's possible the coupon won't stack with $40 if $40 is a "sale price."

[quote name='RollingSkull']Fair warning though: It's possible the coupon won't stack with $40 if $40 is a "sale price."[/QUOTE]they've been stacking for months now w/o override all they have to do is scan the coupon. Even though it says they don't stack with "sale prices" they do. Any stores not honoring them by refusing to scan them needs to be reported so the issue can be addressed.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Re...estion/td-p/307388/page/3?device-view=desktop

Driver for $30 isn't bad. Was really hoping for a Rise of Nightmares drop before 10/1. Damn thing will probably go on sale on account of Halloween too.

[quote name='Enuf']they've been stacking for months now w/o override all they have to do is scan the coupon. Even though it says they don't stack with "sale prices" they do. Any stores nit honoring them by refusing to scan then need to be reported so the issue can be addressed.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Re...estion/td-p/307388/page/3?device-view=desktop[/QUOTE]

I just bought Driver and the coupon would not stack. I was still refused because the coupon does say the markdown is taken from "regular prices" and Driver did show up in the system as a "sale" price. If it's a permanent markdown, it will work. The coupon worked fine on Hunted since the $29.99 price is now it's "regular" price. But, Driver's regular price remains $59.99.

If these used to automatically stack with sale prices in the POS, either something changed or someone hadn't flagged stuff as "on sale".

[quote name='BrandonJF']I just bought Driver and the coupon would not stack. I was still refused because the coupon does say the markdown is taken from "regular prices" and Driver did show up in the system as a "sale" price. If it's a permanent markdown, it will work. The coupon worked fine on Hunted since the $29.99 price is now it's "regular" price. But, Driver's regular price remains $59.99.

If these used to automatically stack with sale prices in the POS, either something changed or someone hadn't flagged stuff as "on sale".[/QUOTE]

wait.. driver is on sale this week or next? in store.

[quote name='joshnorm']Next week[/QUOTE]

??? I just bought it in store for $39.99 today. It's $39.99 at Best Buy.com, too.

[quote name='BrandonJF']I just bought Driver and the coupon would not stack. I was still refused because the coupon does say the markdown is taken from "regular prices" and Driver did show up in the system as a "sale" price. If it's a permanent markdown, it will work. The coupon worked fine on Hunted since the $29.99 price is now it's "regular" price. But, Driver's regular price remains $59.99.

If these used to automatically stack with sale prices in the POS, either something changed or someone hadn't flagged stuff as "on sale".[/QUOTE]

Did they even try to scan the coupon, or were you just flat out denied? I've had them work on sale items before.

[quote name='DrAndonuts']Did they even try to scan the coupon, or were you just flat out denied? I've had them work on sale items before.[/QUOTE]

He scanned the coupon about 3 times. Then he went and got a manager and scanned it again. The manager said it wouldn't work since it was on sale - I tried to use the logic that Hunter was also on sale and the coupon worked and that's when they scanned Hunted again and showed me it was not on sale (no asterisk next to it in the POS).

He also rang up Hunted and Driver separately, so there was no issue with multiple coupons in one transaction.

bread's done
Back