[DEAD]BB Sept @Gamer Mag $10 Brink OR Hunted:TDF, $30 D:SF $40 Rise of Nightmares

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Current Sales
:360: Rise of Nightmares $39.99 after $10 coupon
:360::ps3: Driver: San Francisco $29.99 after $10 coupon
:360::ps3::wii: Tiger Woods PGA 12 The Masters $39.99/$29.99 after $20 coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Brink $9.99 after $20/$10 coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Hunted: Demon Forge $9.99 after $20/$10 coupon
:pc: Razer Naga Epic Mouse $119.99 after $10 coupon
:pc: Tritton Headsets $49.99/$109.99/$149.99 after $20 coupon
:ps3: Move Controller $39.99 after $10 coupon

General Info
Thanks + credit to AcidRain25

Battlefield 3 VS MW3 is on the cover: coupons live from 8/28-10-/1

$5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

Previous 2 months coupons for those who may not think the $15 sub is worth it [1,2]

Link provided for those who still have issues getting stores to allow the coupons to stack, BB Corp response
Link for any issues that take place month to month

****The coupons stack w/SALES PRICES****
****Price Matching DOES NOT STACK w/@gamer coupons****
****Even my VERY VERY generous local BB's will say no 1 or the other****

So when a $30 game like Brink goes on sale for $20 stacking the coupon makes the final price $10.. I'll update the OP as sales change & the title will reflect the lowest price AFTER COUPON has been taken off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't work for me. If this is a new coupon policy, I'm going to feel kinda ripped off for paying for the Gamer's Club thing. $15 a year so I can get the same prices as people who don't pay?

No go for me as well. The cashier asked a manager for an override but denied me as she read the coupon and cited the "cannot be used on sale prices" schtick.

BB got everyone to sign up for their magazine because of the stacking then takes it all away. I guess I'm not too surprised.

It didn't go through. But the Manager cited that memo stating that it should have worked. So she overrode it. Though it does suck too since she said they might have "screwed up a good thing" by removing the stacking. She said she was able to get rid of a lot of mediocre titles due to the coupons.

Christiana, DE Best Buy-

I was denied at first because of the coupon's literature and was treated very rudely by one of the "register key" holder worker. Instead of her contacting the video game department for clarification, she contacted the department AFTER I decided to not get the game (found out when I went back to the game department to tell the worker at the department.) Anyway, I got the override.

Got an override for Driver. Also got them to PM K-Mart's $49.99 Tiger Woods Move Bundle but they wouldn't let me grab the free Nav controller too lol.

However, they did let me PM the Move Controller to $24.99 then use the $10 coupon on that, so I got one for $14.99.

Traded Tiger Woods back in for $32 after 60% bonus, so I got a PS Eye/Move Controller for $18 :)

So now the coupons aren't stacking AND I didn't get the free enrollment to the new Gamer's club on my Sept mag (I subscribed in July). So double fucked for me. I won't buy jack shit from BB anymore. Back to Amazon for me.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Got an override for Driver. Also got them to PM K-Mart's $49.99 Tiger Woods Move Bundle but they wouldn't let me grab the free Nav controller too lol.

However, they did let me PM the Move Controller to $24.99 then use the $10 coupon on that, so I got one for $14.99.

Traded Tiger Woods back in for $32 after 60% bonus, so I got a PS Eye/Move Controller for $18 :)[/QUOTE]

lucky, my local BB shoots me down everytime I trade in a 'not for resale' title. is it marked on the disc? I havent opened mine yet...stuck at work.

[quote name='kingsnuff']lucky, my local BB shoots me down everytime I trade in a 'not for resale' title. is it marked on the disc? I havent opened mine yet...stuck at work.[/QUOTE]

You can just take the artwork out and they will search the game name in the system.

The store in Burlington, NC gave me all kinds of hell about the Driver coupon. They were incredibly rude and I was incredibly patient until the last minute of the exchange. I think my persistence in rationally describing to them how poorly there were treating me made a difference. They eventually did the manual override.

This makes me seriously regret signing up for that magazine. I have used several coupons in the past after buying the magazine individually and never had an issue with a game that was on sale... Blur, Hunted, Dragon Age II... no problem whatsoever until now.

I'd like confirmation from someone at BB that this is a new policy with their gamer subscription. If it is, I want my money back as I only bought the subscription for the coupons.

I was planing on signing up for the subscription today and then using the coupon for Driver, but if the coupons wont stack anymore then i think I'll pass.

[quote name='midloo']The store in Burlington, NC gave me all kinds of hell about the Driver coupon. They were incredibly rude and I was incredibly patient until the last minute of the exchange. I think my persistence in rationally describing to them how poorly there were treating me made a difference. They eventually did the manual override.

This makes me seriously regret signing up for that magazine. I have used several coupons in the past after buying the magazine individually and never had an issue with a game that was on sale... Blur, Hunted, Dragon Age II... no problem whatsoever until now.

I'd like confirmation from someone at BB that this is a new policy with their gamer subscription. If it is, I want my money back as I only bought the subscription for the coupons.[/QUOTE]

I think 95% of us bought it for the same reason

Coupon didn't stack for me. The gamer cashier said that the policy was for them to stack, so he called for a manager to override. I asked if it was due to the new program. He said it could be a million reasons why it wasn't working, but he hoped it wasn't a change to the program.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I think 95% of us bought it for the same reason[/QUOTE]

And that's why 95% of us will tell BB to go fuck themselves when our sub is up if this is a new policy. Wouldn't surprise me. Corporate America (and BB, in specific) is stupid as hell and shortsighted, to boot.

[quote name='te619']Coupon didn't stack for me. The gamer cashier said that the policy was for them to stack, so he called for a manager to override. I asked if it was due to the new program. He said it could be a million reasons why it wasn't working, but he hoped it wasn't a change to the program.[/QUOTE]
It's not working because they know a bunch of us want to get some copies to flip. :lol:

[quote name='crazedracerguy']And that's why 95% of us will tell BB to go fuck themselves when our sub is up if this is a new policy. Wouldn't surprise me. Corporate America (and BB, in specific) is stupid as hell and shortsighted, to boot.[/QUOTE]
TuxedoClapping.gif

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']K-Mart's website.[/QUOTE]

Tried that today and got shutdown. They called the nearest stores to confirm stock and price. Damn lucky Prinny.

I called a store first and got the MoD on the phone just by chance. Explained the situation, he knew all about the 'memo' and @gamer coupons stacking, so he said if a manual override was needed, he'd do it! showed up there, got my $15 sub, the magazine and the game! he stood there the whole time and punched in his override. Even picked up Hunted for $10 before the deals are over. Then I went over to Target and got Guitar Hero: WoR guitar bundle for $19.98. Very HAPPY day for me! :D

and yes, I hope these coupons not stacking are a glitch. but I think if enough of us stick to our guns and hammer the stores, it'll only force another memo out. I mean, with the turnover rates at these stores, upper level management could change on a monthly basis. I don't think we should stop until an 8-1/2"x11" printout is plastered near the gaming counter register ;)

[quote name='midloo']The store in Burlington, NC gave me all kinds of hell about the Driver coupon. They were incredibly rude and I was incredibly patient until the last minute of the exchange. I think my persistence in rationally describing to them how poorly there were treating me made a difference. They eventually did the manual override.

I'd like confirmation from someone at BB that this is a new policy with their gamer subscription. If it is, I want my money back as I only bought the subscription for the coupons.[/QUOTE]
Seconded on everything, except they refused to give me a manual override. I kept quoting getting Hunted: Demon's Forge while it was on sale and I couldn't remember that it was Dragon Age II that I had picked up with the other $20 off coupon a month or two prior.

So in the end I ended up grabbing one of the DS games on sale this week for $5(after $5 RZ certificate) and converting over $75 of the $90-95 in trade credit I had there to Kindle gift cards.

Funny thing is, it was the same bitch manager who initially gave me shit over whether or not the coupons would stack months earlier who kept quoting me the terms on the coupon verbatim.:roll: I guess getting her ass chewed out once wasn't bad enough. She was back in rare bitch form this afternoon again.

Maybe it's time for another not so nice email to corporate about her. Last time I got a $20 gc for the aggravation.;)

I even asked a second manager(one of the ones who I'd interviewed with last fall for a job there) to double check on the coupon as to why it was no longer stacking. He took the coupon and came back a few minutes later saying that it 'must've been a glitch that the coupons stacked and that they no longer were stacking on sale prices'.

Oh well.

I'll probably call customer service to see if anything can be done, but I'm not in dire need of Driver: SF since it's more of a racer and less of a sandbox-y title like Driver 2 was.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I was planing on signing up for the subscription today and then using the coupon for Driver, but if the coupons wont stack anymore then i think I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

This has to be a glitch... if they changed it such that they are not supposed to work, then I'd think that people would not be able to get hunted/brink with the coupon still. Maybe I'm wrong though. Either way, unless you are a flipper, then the only reason to get the "unlocked" in the coupons, and if they've nerfed the coupons, then it's the right call to wait.

[quote name='DerClaw']This has to be a glitch... if they changed it such that they are not supposed to work, then I'd think that people would not be able to get hunted/brink with the coupon still. Maybe I'm wrong though. Either way, unless you are a flipper, then the only reason to get the "unlocked" in the coupons, and if they've nerfed the coupons, then it's the right call to wait.[/QUOTE]
The MSRP for Brink and Hunted dropped to only $29.99.

[quote name='DerClaw']This has to be a glitch... if they changed it such that they are not supposed to work, then I'd think that people would not be able to get hunted/brink with the coupon still. Maybe I'm wrong though. Either way, unless you are a flipper, then the only reason to get the "unlocked" in the coupons, and if they've nerfed the coupons, then it's the right call to wait.[/QUOTE]

Not a flipper. I was able to score Dragon Age 2 and Need for Speed Shift for $14.99 each a while back with the gamer coupons i printed off the net. I just hope that this is some misunderstanding, because like you said the coupons stacking with sale prices was a big reason why a lot of people joined in the first place, but i wouldn't put it past BB to change the policy now that they have all these new subscribers.

does anyone know how much the uncharted 1, tomb raider underworld, mercenaries 2 3-pack for ps3 is going for at best buy?
i can't find a listing at the website.
(sorry if this is a little off-topic, but it was the most pertinent thread i could find)

Pretty upset I got turned down for the stacking/ manual over ride. The manager just said there is nothing he could do because it says it does not stack with sale prices. I explained that I purchased @Gamer for the coupons and that the coupon expires on saturday and this would be the last week to use it. Also brought up the fact that I have purchased multiple other games on sale while stacking the coupons with no issues and that the system always accepted it. I told him that he just lost a sale and walked out without turning back.

Did someone here or on the BB forums post the actual memo from June stating that the coupons could stack on sale prices? It would be nice to have to fight our case for Driver.

[quote name='shadowkast']Where's Enuf to get the straight answer when we need it!?[/QUOTE]Busy busy weekend-Eagles game, helped my gf's friend move $hit, help my gf's other friend with a messed up toilet, QT wit my gf & her son, olive garden wit my gf & sex wit my gf. Like I said busy busy. On my way to work now will see what response I get from Kyle probably towards Weds.

[quote name='klimb22']Did someone here or on the BB forums post the actual memo from June stating that the coupons could stack on sale prices? It would be nice to have to fight our case for Driver.[/QUOTE]come on, it's in the OP I already requested it to be posted in the BB forums page thru that link. I'll see what I can do by working with a CAG who also is a BB employee.

^^^ appreciate it. I was just giving ya shit. If it's best buy related, you seem to be on top of it for cag. And by reading your post on the bby forums, you addressed this issues as well as the others. Kudo good man, above and beyond for the better of cag as usual!

I'll probably stop by BB later in the week to see if I can find a nice manager to give me Driver for $30. If not, I'll skip it then.

It does say on the back of the coupon that it isn't good with other coupons or offers. This $40 price being a sale would be considered an offer I'd assume. So, I think they are in the right to refuse taking the coupon.

[quote name='Hoffer']I think they are in the right to refuse taking the coupon.[/QUOTE]

I think there is something wrong with you if you think that. BB specifically said these are supposed to work with sale prices.

[quote name='DerClaw']I think there is something wrong with you if you think that. BB specifically said these are supposed to work with sale prices.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they didn't. There is purportedly a memo out there (although nobody here has seen a copy) that says that stacking worked really well on some games in June and that stores should continue to allow it. It did not, however, say that stores are required to do manual overrides or accept coupons that clearly say not valid on sale prices. Personally, I wish Best Buy would pick a consistent policy and stick with it, but for now, you can't blame a local store for refusing to override the POS system when it clearly won't take the coupon and the coupon itself says not to apply itt.

The coupons say not valid on sale prices or any other offers or something to that effect. I even talked to a guy that hooks me up and he said it is "at each stores discretion" if they want to accept the coupon for sale items (since they DO accept/override at his store).

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, they didn't. There is purportedly a memo out there (although nobody here has seen a copy) that says that stacking worked really well on some games in June and that stores should continue to allow it. It did not, however, say that stores are required to do manual overrides or accept coupons that clearly say not valid on sale prices. Personally, I wish Best Buy would pick a consistent policy and stick with it, but for now, you can't blame a local store for refusing to override the POS system when it clearly won't take the coupon and the coupon itself says not to apply itt.[/QUOTE]

According to the Best Buy employees that I've spoken with about it, who have seen the memo, there was a change in policy on 6/1/11 to start allowing @Gamer coupons to stack with sale prices. This came about as people who had @Gamer subscriptions were complaining about feeling ripped off that basically the coupons were useless, which was entirely true. BB representatives also commented and confirmed this memo on their forums.

Yes the coupons still have that wording/phrasing, but it is supposed to work sans override according to BB themselves as of 6/1/11. I imagine that even if Driver turns out to be a glitch and it was supposed to work, they will continue to have that wording on all future coupons so as to, in official corporate terms, cover their asses. Namely, when someone inevitably walks in trying to price match a $40 game for $20 and use a $30 off coupon to get the game for free plus a $10 credit or some stupid shit and then makes a giant fuss about it. They can say no, and point to the terms.

That is of course assuming Best Buy didn't just fuck over all their customers by saying "Here is this awesome deal (for the next week) when you buy a year subscription!"

[quote name='BudzMcGee']According to the Best Buy employees that I've spoken with about it, who have seen the memo, there was a change in policy on 6/1/11 to start allowing @Gamer coupons to stack with sale prices. This came about as people who had @Gamer subscriptions were complaining about feeling ripped off that basically the coupons were useless, which was entirely true. BB representatives also commented and confirmed this memo on their forums.

Yes the coupons still have that wording/phrasing, but it is supposed to work sans override according to BB themselves as of 6/1/11. I imagine that even if Driver turns out to be a glitch and it was supposed to work, they will continue to have that wording on all future coupons so as to, in official corporate terms, cover their asses. Namely, when someone inevitably walks in trying to price match a $40 game for $20 and use a $30 off coupon to get the game for free plus a $10 credit or some stupid shit and then makes a giant fuss about it. They can say no, and point to the terms.

That is of course assuming Best Buy didn't just fuck over all their customers by saying "Here is this awesome deal (for the next week) when you buy a year subscription!"[/QUOTE]

I understand the history as I have been following the discussion here and on the BB forums over the past three months. Everyone claims that's what the memo says or that their friend saw it or read it or whatever, but nobody has ever posted the actual memo and on the BB forums, the head of RZ supposedly told one person that even after the memo, all such overrides are at the discretion of the store manager. As such, nobody is under an obligation to override anything right now and if you're lucky enough to have a store that does, that's awesome. If not, that's unfortunate, but the coupons are not "worthless" they are just less valuable than people had been led to believe by various posts here and on the BB forums. They do still work with non-sale items and give you a discount on those.

Went to my local Best Buy today, picked up Driver: SF, and asked about using the coupon. Nice cashier tried to make it work, asked a manager, who read off the back of the coupon about it not stacking with sale prices. I didn't put up a fight, just said thank you for looking into it. I had $20 in Reward Zone coupons, so the game only cost me $20 anyway.

I know we all want great deals on games, but some of you entitled brats really take it way too far sometimes. Get over it, it's only 10 bucks.

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, they didn't. There is purportedly a memo out there (although nobody here has seen a copy) that says that stacking worked really well on some games in June and that stores should continue to allow it.[/QUOTE]

I've seen the memo. It's real. Employees can look it up at their kiosks to verify it themselves.

The Driver issue has just come up since last Friday. I'm sure we'll get an answer soon enough.

[quote name='CheapyD']Tidied up the OP a bit. Hope you don't mind.[/QUOTE]Not a problem at all thanks.

[quote name='Hoffer']It does say on the back of the coupon that it isn't good with other coupons or offers. This $40 price being a sale would be considered an offer I'd assume. So, I think they are in the right to refuse taking the coupon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, they didn't. There is purportedly a memo out there (although nobody here has seen a copy) that says that stacking worked really well on some games in June and that stores should continue to allow it. It did not, however, say that stores are required to do manual overrides or accept coupons that clearly say not valid on sale prices. Personally, I wish Best Buy would pick a consistent policy and stick with it, but for now, you can't blame a local store for refusing to override the POS system when it clearly won't take the coupon and the coupon itself says not to apply itt.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slowdive21']The coupons say not valid on sale prices or any other offers or something to that effect. I even talked to a guy that hooks me up and he said it is "at each stores discretion" if they want to accept the coupon for sale items (since they DO accept/override at his store).[/QUOTE]
here's the link from a CAG/BB employee in regards to the employee newsletter I believe it can be pulled up the registers & if your game rep is nice they may even let you see it. Start at post #170.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295569&highlight=Employee+newsletter&page=9

As for the wording on the coupons that deny per "sale items" Kyle clearly addresses this here
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Re...pons-question/td-p/307388?device-view=desktop
"the coupons do state "Markdowns taken from regular prices", however, we should be honoring it on sale prices as well due to the internal news advisement enuf mentioned. If the store employee is unaware of this development, you could reference them to the employee news article posted 6/1/11.
Well, as mentioned above, we should be honoring the coupons with sale prices"
Since this is something they should be aware of anyways I don't feel it is necessary to call attention to it publicly nor is it the correct medium to be communicating with stores. Continue to let us know of any stores you might be having difficulties with though."

So from this it's clear that all employees should know this & be following this but obviously there's a problem a big one. My best advice at this point is to secure the title at $40 & get a $10 refund for Kyle/Katrina since this seems to be the most effective resolution considering the game will only be on sale 1 week & the coupons expire soon. Make sure there's documention of this issue NOW that way your not denied on the back end b/c they think you missed the deal/coupons when valid & just want an old deal.

As for full resolvement of the entire @gamer mag itself I see if there's a way to get documentation on file that goes over how they should work in some type of FAQ. Continue to post on the links to keep this problem in view so BB knows it just won't "go away" as this gives Katrina/Kyle ammo to take to their supervisors & changes get made that why the coupons started stacking in the 1st place. I can only make the post but if people don't show what stores are messing up it'll die fast..squeeky wheel gets the oil.

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']
I know we all want great deals on games, but some of you entitled brats really take it way too far sometimes. Get over it, it's only 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

+1.

I know someone is gonna be all "I thought this was CAG...(mouth breathing)... "but sometimes it's not worth the aggravation to save $10. Either buy it or don't buy it. People get all nuts and start threatening lawsuits over the dumbest shit around here.

Waiting for Driver SF is not the end of the world.

I just came back from the Best Buy at 86th and Lexington in Manhattan from trading in a bunch of games. I also picked up Driver and tried to use the coupon. It worked flawlessly for me; the cashier scanned the game then my rz card and then the coupon and the total came out to be $32 with tax. There wasn't any problems at all. This wasn't even at the gaming section and just at the regular checkout. YMMV just in case though.

[quote name='shurija']I just came back from the Best Buy at 86th and Lexington in Manhattan from trading in a bunch of games. I also picked up Driver and tried to use the coupon. It worked flawlessly for me; the cashier scanned the game then my rz card and then the coupon and the total came out to be $32 with tax. There wasn't any problems at all. This wasn't even at the gaming section and just at the regular checkout. YMMV just in case though.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I wonder if its fixed. I need to run over that way so I guess i'll stop in a give it a try. Thanks for the heads-up

EDIT- quick question, are you part of the unlocked gamers club? or are you still on the old gamers club?

Just picked up driver today...no over ride was needed!!

Looks like BB fixed their bullshit.

I suggest to all the guys who got turned down by managers to go in and show that coupons work with "sale prices"

bread's done
Back