[Dead] Belkin F5D7230-4 Wireless-G Cable/DSL Router 54Mbps $4.99

ya have to mail in the rebate. last time i did one of those for a cyborg evo pc joystick had to wait 4 months for 10 bucks

It features 54g technology that's nearly 5 times faster than 802.11b, with a working range of up to 1800 feet. Now you can share a cable/DSL Internet connection, hard drives, files, printers, DVD-ROMs, and more among your computers without the hassle of cables, or connect 4 wired computers through the integrated switch.

They kind of dance around calling it an 802.11g router. Is this a true 802.11g router?

Umm...not sure why are you confused...its a router..I got one at work and bought another for home from this deal

It's a router.

If this supports a bridge mode it can be extremely useful even if you already have a comparable router since dedicated bridges tend to be severely overpriced. Im looking at the Belkin site haven't found an answer yet.

Wait, to get a connection to PS2 or X-Box, how does that work? Some person at Gamestop said something about a Cat 5 cable, and USB port, but with my luck I would end up turning my computer into a microwave...

THe user manual does indicated support of wireless bridging but they only support it with their own equipment. Unless they're doing something non-standard this shouldn't stop you from using it with other brands. For the price, compared with a dedicated wireless bridge, it's certainly worth a try.

I was going to buy one. But for some reason when I get to the checkout, the title says 34.99 after mail in rebate and $9 shipping. stupid piece of crap :evil:

I've sent their customer service address an inquiry about the bait and switch. It's still a good buy for $10 more but I'd prefer the full rebate, of course.

Good catch dmanko. I think I may cancel my order. Checked my status and it shows as Back Ordered anyway. (And it now says $34.99 after mail in rebate below the item name as well :roll:)

Just cancelled mine no problem. I also told the guy why I was cancelling (incorrect rebate amount listed on the item description) and he said that this is something they are looking into already this morning. I wouldn't be surprised if they do something for customers who ordered this and don't cancel. (But then again he might have just been blowing smoke up my butt to get me off the phone and move on to the next customer.) Either way I don't have to worry about it now.

Call 1-877-OUTPOST to cancel and have your order # ready.

[quote name='epobirs']I've sent their customer service address an inquiry about the bait and switch. It's still a good buy for $10 more but I'd prefer the full rebate, of course.[/quote]

I hadn't even noticed that. Please keep us informed of their response.

For the record, my invoice shows $37.88, which is local sales tax and no shipping charge. Even the $20 rebate would bring that under $20.

I always try to keep a couple cheap routers on hand because at least every couple of months I'll be called in to help someone get their broadband setup and their computers all connected. Having a cheap router already on hand helps keep more of the fee in my pocket.

Uhh, Defender, if you look on the form in the location where you mark which model you bought you'll see the $30 rebate is not for the model we're dealing with here.

Well I guess it's time to put up a stink then. Personally that is some serious crap because the page said $4.99 AFTER REBATE and that's what I expect to pay.

My e-mail inquiry got a sort of 'So what?' acknowledgement, and not long after the page changed to show a $20 rebate instead. I intend to call the number they supplied in the morning.

Nice well we have a few of us together on this and I don't take crap...

They posted a rebate and I expect it. They can look at my order history and decide if they want to keep me as a customer...$4000 just this year alone.

well, this is outpost/fry's... Not saying that you aren't a valuable customer, but they honestly have never seemed to understand how valuable customer satisfaction is.

Here is the reply I got from Outpost:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Outpost.com.

This item currently has a twenty dollar rebate on it, it was listed in
error on the site. Your order is currently help on backorder, if you no
longer wish to receive this product please us know. Please let us know
if there is anything else we can do for you.

Regards,
Larry C
Sales Support Representative

Outpost.com
1-877-OUTPOST (688-7678) - Toll Free
1-860-927-2050
1-860-927-8600 FAX
www.outpost.com

Apparently they're using Kana's CRM software. I hate that crap.

OK, now I'm getting really pissed.

The router finally arrived, exactly one day after the postmark limit for the rebate. Naturally, I called Outpost to complain and was assured that the rebate had been extended a month and if I used the new PDF that would email me I would get the full $30 as listed in the ad. So I went ahead and sent in the rebate, which required cutting out the UPC code from the box to be included in the submission.

Today I received an email saying my rebate was found to be invalid because it wasn't mailed before the time limit and upon calling Outpost was told the product could not be returned because I had cut out the UPC.

One way or another, I will have satisfaction. IF they do not make good on the rebate the alternative will not be one of Outpost's liking.

That sucks. I'm glad I cancelled my order back when this was first noticed. Not worth the headache.

BTW, I'd give them one last chance to give you a $30 credit to your card and then just do a CC charge back.

Just be glad you didn't purchase the item from a Fry's store directly. I purchased some software in Texas (halfway across the US) when I was on vacation. Someone had stolen the CDs from the box, and taped the bottom back up, and I didn't notice it until I got home. Fry's offered absolutely zero options for a return/exchange. They literally said that I would have to come to the store (nearest is in Atlanta, about 8 hours away) to do anything. I told them it might be a while before I could make the trip. I intend to take the item to the customer service counter when I go on my next vacation to a city with a Fry's. That's 2 years from now.

On principle, I have opted not to purchase anything from Fry's or their affiliates, which includes outpost.com. Not that I'm one to hold a grudge....

bread's done
Back