(DEAD) Ben-Hur UCE (BD) & Citizen Kane Digibook $11 Each

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Online is now OOS (Only your best Bet is Instore DEAL)

Ben-Hur: 50th Anniversary - Ultimate Collector'S with Action Figure Blu-ray MSRP $69.99 Rang up $10.99

Citizen Kane Digibook MSRP $39.99 Blu-ray Rang up $10.99

Just got back from Bestbuy :)

Ben-Hur: 50th Anniversary - Ultimate Collector'S with Action Figure Blu-ray MSRP $69.99 Rang up $10.99

Got 2, one for my brother and myself

the one ringing up 10.99 is the one with the figurine, it is not a action figure LOL

I didn't even check the one without the statue but I picked up both, thanks for the heads up Masterkyo.

Is the one with the figure a numbered limited edition too though? I didn't see anything on the box but sleep deprivation does that to you.

[quote name='ShadowX']sku: 3235096

On the back, I think it says it is a numbered limited edition.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that info! Also thanks to the OP, we're trying to find the only copy at my BB right now.

Ordered online for in-store pickup. Getting Ben Hur, but can't stand Citizen Kane despite it being ridiculously acclaimed.

Sunnava!! Went out and about to Best Buy and a few other stores. One of the Best Buys had the shelf tags up for both Citizen Kane and Ben-Hur. The Ben-Hur that I grabbed was the Best Buy exclusive $34.99 version, which was the only version by the tag. Went to check out and it rang up full price. I went and showed one of the managers the tag and he price matched. When I got home, I saw the updated thread, did a search by store, and found the Ultimate version in stock at my local store. Was just over there and I couldn't find it. Grrrr. Debating if I should return the $34.99 version or just keep it. I put an order in to pick up the Ultimate at my local store. Guess I should have done that first. ;)

They're showing as both order-able online, though backordered for shipping by 1-2 weeks.

Found one store with Ben Hur and another one with Citizen Kane, both showing as in-store pickup-able. Hopefully I'll get pickup notices in the next few hours.

Havokscry - return the digi book one, it's missing the bonus disc.

I wouldn't count on any shipping in 1-2 weeks, once these are gone from best buy they are gone.
If it gets backordered, just plan on it getting cancelled.

If you want one of these you need to get one from a store. They messed up on this.

[quote name='shrike4242']They're showing as both order-able online, though backordered for shipping by 1-2 weeks.

Found one store with Ben Hur and another one with Citizen Kane, both showing as in-store pickup-able. Hopefully I'll get pickup notices in the next few hours.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up and to the OP as well. Ordered Ben-Hur online to be shipped, hopefully it goes through.

I ordered both. Ben-Hur isn't showing up as in stock for pickup at my store. So taking a shot to see if it ships. Just did in-store pick up with Citizen Kane.

[quote name='rapsodist']Just came back from BB, none of their Ben Hur SKUs rang up at $10.99. :([/QUOTE]
If you don't mind waiting a few weeks order it online.

I ordered it online earlier today (the one with the figure) for 10.99 and its expected to be here between december 12th-29th or something.

I don't mind waiting because i picked up a shit load of movies today.

[quote name='styl3s']If you don't mind waiting a few weeks order it online.

I ordered it online earlier today (the one with the figure) for 10.99 and its expected to be here between december 12th-29th or something.

I don't mind waiting because i picked up a shit load of movies today.[/QUOTE]

I ordered one this morning and it is backordered. 8/10 times it ends up getting cancelled by best buy.

just did the backorder for Ben Hur and the in Store pickup option for Citizen Kane. Will see what happens with both since the store here is already closed for the night.

Found the last Ben-Hur at the Fullerton BB tonight after the Yorba Linda store took too long to confirm my store pickup. The box is ENORMOUS but really, really cool.

Ugh Ben Hur isn't orderable in any way online anymore and I forgot to look instore today. Luckily I ordered Citizen Kane on Thursday.

They gave me the BB exclusive combo when I went. Tried to get them to give me the big box but they said it was "limited" and different from the sku of the $11 version.

I took the combo before I had no Ben-hur. Hopefully the online order goes through, I want me them extras.

Ordered Ben Hur just about the second it went up (I work overnights ;) ) and I got a shipping confirmation via UPS this morning for a 4.8lb package. \\:D/:bouncy:\\:D/ Citizen Kane also shipped but is not showing a weight yet (it's through USPS).

For whatever it's worth, the Ben Hur set trades for $27 at Amazon. Not a chance I'd trade it in unless I can find another, but that's something.

Thanks for this OP; after I saw your post I shot over to Best Buy and found a copy of both, plus what appeared to be the last copy of The Crow on Blu-Ray. A little dinged up, but for these prices I can't be too picky!

Damn, because of work I missed out on this deal for Ben-Hur. At this point it's probably not worth going to the store and seeing if there are any left. Probably gonna wait on Citizen Kane for now.

For those who found them in the store without doing the store pickup, where were they located? The two stores that I went to did not have them on the shelves by their normal blu's, but when I checked online, both had them available.

On top of a new release display rack at my store. There was one on the shelf when I went early yesterday. Looked as if someone was going to get it but put it back as it was leaning forward on the shelf. Shelf was tagged btw. Noticed a couple of non-BBY exclusive sets on top of the new release display rack when I walked into the store. But when I went to check out, i walked by the rack and noticed 2 of the BBY excl. sets on top/side portion of the rack. Left those there and kept the one from the shelf.

ordered it yesterday in store pick up. Got an email today that store didn't have it anymore. Gave me number to call.
Been on hold for 35 minutes so far, waiting to get it set up for free shipping.
fun times. Thank God for free weekend minutes on mobile calls.

Update: took 43 minutes total. But I got it done. They are out of stock until December 16th. Good thing I don't NEED it anytime soon.

Just picked this up at my store. Last one. It said unavailable at my store via the website, but they had it! Might want to check at stores.

[quote name='Se7en69']Just picked this up at my store. Last one. It said unavailable at my store via the website, but they had it! Might want to check at stores.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Web site said unavailable. Got to the store to pick up some other items this morning and the in-store inventory check showed 2 on hand.

Luckily, the store had cleared out the blu ray gift set section prior to Black Friday in order to make room for more sale items. Associate went back in the back room where they had stored everything and found the copies sitting there.

Curious though, what is the difference in this set versus the one without the figurine. Didn't get to look at the non-figurine version to see what was different.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']
Curious though, what is the difference in this set versus the one without the figurine. Didn't get to look at the non-figurine version to see what was different.[/QUOTE]

The large outer box and the figurine are the only differences.

I decided to check for other digibooks since Citizen Kane and the Exorcist are on sale.

The following Blu-rays are $10.99 on the Best Buy site:

Dirty Harry
Batman
Goodfellas
Seven
Green Mile
The Color Purple
The Matrix

They appear to be the digibook versions, but I am not certain.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']I checked the one and they didnt have it. I am not going to spend my entire holiday weekend looking for one movie.[/QUOTE]

I'll be a helping hand to a local CAG that might want it, I was at the Rancho Cucamonga store near Victoria Gardens. I saw a single one on the bottom of a rack near the end of the check out line to your left. It was marked $69.99 and not really noticeable, this was around 8pm last night.

Got the last one at my local store. They had 3 non figurine skinny box versions and one figurine large box version. I checked it with my best buy app and it still showed the price at $10.99 none in stock. I went to the cashier and when it was scanned the cashier asked "Why is this so cheep?" I did my usual shoulder shrug and left with a smile.

M

[quote name='skiizim']I'll be a helping hand to a local CAG that might want it, I was at the Rancho Cucamonga store near Victoria Gardens. I saw a single one on the bottom of a rack near the end of the check out line to your left. It was marked $69.99 and not really noticeable, this was around 8pm last night.[/QUOTE]

I live in Arizona, but thanks for the heads up.

The order i put in for my local phoenix Best Buy was finally confirmed for pickup after 24 hours. I'll choke a bitch if they don't really have it.

[quote name='isaac clarke']The order i put in for my local phoenix Best Buy was finally confirmed for pickup after 24 hours. I'll choke a bitch if they don't really have it.[/QUOTE]

Which one? Everyone I saw said not available for in store pickup.

[quote name='isaac clarke']The order i put in for my local phoenix Best Buy was finally confirmed for pickup after 24 hours. I'll choke a bitch if they don't really have it.[/QUOTE]Same here, after 12 hours of waiting for one pickup confirmation on Citizen Kane.

I called the store after 4 hours and no email, since they previously were showing as order-able for in-store pickup when I placed my order yesterday and four hours later, they didn't show any stock on-hand.

Does anyone know why Best Buy gets rid of the option to check store availability? I wonder if their original intent was to put the $34.99 2 disc version on sale for $10.99 instead of the Ultimate version. When I did my store pick up, there were three stores within 30 miles that had them.

[quote name='Havokscry']Does anyone know why Best Buy gets rid of the option to check store availability? I wonder if their original intent was to put the $34.99 2 disc version on sale for $10.99 instead of the Ultimate version. When I did my store pick up, there were three stores within 30 miles that had them.[/QUOTE]

I think they just wanted rid of the ultimate edition... my local store had like 5 of them at one time... and copies the of the other box set... didn't look like they were selling either one so betting the normal box set can be sent back to distributor and the ultimate BB edition they were stuck with.

bread's done
Back