(DEAD) Ben-Hur UCE (BD) & Citizen Kane Digibook $11 Each

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Online is now OOS (Only your best Bet is Instore DEAL)

Ben-Hur: 50th Anniversary - Ultimate Collector'S with Action Figure Blu-ray MSRP $69.99 Rang up $10.99

Citizen Kane Digibook MSRP $39.99 Blu-ray Rang up $10.99

Just got back from Bestbuy :)

At the South Austin store they showed my Citizen Kane and Ben-Hur as ready for pickup, but when I got there today they had picked up the $35 book version of Ben-Hur instead of the $70 Ultimate Edition. Another guy in line right after me had the same thing happen, and it seemed like they were about to tell us both that we were SOL. There were several copies behind the counter for other customers, but they said "sorry, those are for other customers and we already told them they were ready for pickup." I'm thinking "You mean like you told me it was ready for pickup?"

Luckily the guy behind me that made it to the register beside me found two copies on the floor that the employees missed so we each got our correct versions.

Out of curiosity, what do you think they should do in the event that there are 3 copies correctly held behind the counter and 5 people that purchased them online that have been informed that they are ready for pickup? Should those 3 copies go to the 3 lucky individuals that got the correct version held, or should the first 3 that arrive to pick it up get the only 3 copies? Honestly I'd be pretty upset if I realized they had a copy held for me and gave it to someone else, but it was also pretty upsetting to be told that they were going to honor those customers orders and not mine after I'd waited in line for 45 minutes due to their mistake.

Call corporate customer service and tell them how displeased you were. You'll probably get a reward points credit.

M

That's crap, it should have been the order it was received if it's even possible to prove or first come first serve. Call the 800 number and neg the survey on the receipt.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Same here. Web site said unavailable. Got to the store to pick up some other items this morning and the in-store inventory check showed 2 on hand.

Luckily, the store had cleared out the blu ray gift set section prior to Black Friday in order to make room for more sale items. Associate went back in the back room where they had stored everything and found the copies sitting there.

Curious though, what is the difference in this set versus the one without the figurine. Didn't get to look at the non-figurine version to see what was different.[/QUOTE]
No difference. The big box houses the smaller set's packaging as well.

Holy Shitballs! I decided to go to the most ghetto ass BB in NYC and went to the atlantic center one in Brooklyn and just kind of looked around to see if I could score it and BAM! I saw 2 Collector's editions just lying on the floor of the BR section at the end of the aisle unmolested and in perfect condition. Got both and cider house rules. Also saw the Citizen Kane but decided against since it wasn't the collector's edition and I already have the DVD. Lucky the people here are so uncouth and uncultured. The cashier rung it up and said "wow! that's cheap!" but then she said "what is Ben-hur?" and I said "did you ever see ten commandments?" and she shook her head no so I just resigned myself to say "it is a awesome movie!" Then as I left the BB I cackled to myself like I stole a million dollars. Couldn't get any games instore but I feel this BF was pretty good.

When I do my in-store pickups, the item(s) in question have a printout taped around it/them with the order number of the BB.com order. It has name and order number, plus the SKU of the item(s) in question.

There should be no question which item is for which person, and if five people placed orders for the same item and there are three of the item in-stock, two people should get notices about "item not found at store".

When the item is picked, it should get put aside for that order attached to it, so there's never any confusion.

For those wondering, when an item shows as unavailable for in-store pickup at Best Buy, there's 0-2 of them on the shelf. 3+ of the item, it's available for in-store pickup.

[quote name='shrike4242']For those wondering, when an item shows as unavailable for in-store pickup at Best Buy, there's 0-2 of them on the shelf. 3+ of the item, it's available for in-store pickup.[/QUOTE]

That sounds reasonable but how sure are you of that? I've ordered stuff online and known they only had one or two in store. For example the "V" steelbook and the "Batman something or other Red Mask". When I get there sure enough one is missing while the other is still on the shelf. Or maybe it is technically how they are supposed to do things and it varies on a per store basis.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']That sounds reasonable but how sure are you of that? I've ordered stuff online and known they only had one or two in store. For example the "V" steelbook and the "Batman something or other Red Mask". When I get there sure enough one is missing while the other is still on the shelf. Or maybe it is technically how they are supposed to do things and it varies on a per store basis.

M[/QUOTE]
I'm sure of it for multiple reasons. One was because two different operations managers told me the same thing, except under one exception which involves stupid employees. I've also seen the inventory situation personally when I've picked up items that had 3 on-hand and I picked up one, dropping it down to 2. Once that happened, it went from available to unavailable.

If some employee going to pick an in-store pickup item can't find it, regardless of how many are on-hand, they mark it as "no pick", which tells BB.com that the item isn't in-store regardless of inventory count and that it should revert to free shipping on the item from BB.com's warehouse. The store has to remove the "no pick" status from the item's inventory at that store and then it reverts back to being pickable for in-store pickup if RSS (BB's inventory system) shows that there are 3+ on-hand.

There's always human error in this situation. Also, the fact that multiple people might have the item in question in their hand and not checked out with it, keeping the inventory correct though not having the item being found.

well, I really don't need mine anytime soon, so I just called and had my (not in stock anymore) in store pickup changed to a shipment in 2-3 weeks.

I did my in-store pick up for Citizen Kane. Glad I picked it up today because even though it says available for pickup online I couldn't find any on the shelves. Only a bunch of the expensive edition. No copies of Ben-Hur in my store. Just the $59.99 Collectors box set. So I'm glad I have my back-ordered copy online.

I had to make the trip anyway and return the copies of The Crow, Pulp Fiction, and Jackie Brown I paid $11.99 for each a few weeks ago. Since I got them all cheaper this week. Also I had to exchange the copy of Good Will Hunting I ordered online since it didn't come with a Digital Copy for some reason. Even though all have them at my store.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like both Ben-Hur sets are dead at the $10.99 price. The $34.99 set is on sale for $14.99 currently. Although still out of stock, the Ultimate set's price is back up to $59.99. Strange enough, the Citizen Kane book set is still on sale for $10.99 on their website.

I attempted to pick up my copy which I paid for through OMS at another store (drove 45 minutes out of the way), and they picked the wrong thing for me, which was a total kick to my chest. I really, REALLY wanted that figurine it came with, but maybe I'll just hope for ebay haha. I've had bad luck this month to say the least.

Noticed about a half a dozen Ultimate sets at Best Buy tonight. All the vanilla version without the BB exclusive figure. I believe the price is $59.99. On a side note, noticed that the Sound of Music sets were on sale for $39.99.

Hell, Yeah ! My Phoenix Best Buy really did have it in stock for store pickup ! Now I'm like, it looks too fancy to start tearing the shrink wrap off.

I picked up my in-store pick up item (it wasn't available so they picked one off the shelf) and then today i got an e-mail saying it was a price mistake and they were going to cancel the order (I already picked it up) but to compensate they were giving me a $10 online code

My Ben Hur order got canceled but they offered me a $10 gift card for the inconvenience. If only I got a $10 gift card for every canceled order through Best Buy...

[quote name='isaac clarke']Hell, Yeah ! My Phoenix Best Buy really did have it in stock for store pickup ! Now I'm like, it looks too fancy to start tearing the shrink wrap off.[/QUOTE]

You should buy regular version cheap instead un-sealed LE version :)

[quote name='rpnguyen']My online order got canceled. Oh well.[/QUOTE]Mine was as well, though I've already picked it up. My order information doesn't show that it was canceled, it shows as completed.

This is what they sent me in their email this morning:
[quote name='BestBuy.com email']There was a pricing error on Ben-Hur: 50th Anniversary ultimate collector's edition (sku 3235096); as a result, your order will be canceled. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you used a credit card for this order and have questions about the cancellation process, please click here. If you used a Best Buy gift card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement.

As a valued customer, we would like to offer you a $10 Digital Coupon* code toward your next purchase at www.BestBuy.com.

Digital Coupon Code: *removed*

Digital Coupons are easily redeemed when you shop online. Simply enter the 17-digit code listed above during checkout. We will apply the coupon amount to your purchase, up to the Order Total amount. The Digital Coupon must be used prior to the expiration date: December 31st, 2011, at 11:59pm (CT). This offer excludes gift cards, and is nontransferable. Please review full details below.

We are sorry for this error and apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions concerning our policies, please review the "Conditions of Use" which are found at www.BestBuy.com.[/quote]

So, I ended up with Ben Hur for $11.75 with a $10 digital coupon as well. I guess that's considered to be a win. I'd start laughing more than a little bit if I see a credit back on my credit card for the $11.75 for this cancellation.

I just got an order cancellation email from Best Buy. They said it was a pricing error and they will not honor it. I DID get a $10 digital coupon for bestbuy.com though...so I'm good.

I placed one order for shipping and one for picking up. Picked up one, got the error email and a $10 credit. Just got the shipping order cancelled.

Got the cancellation and $10 code. Since a local BB has Citizen Kane in stock and it's still 10.99, used the code and will pickup for 1.07 after taxes.

The Killzone 3 Helghast Edition is an incredible deal. I know it is not a movie, but for the helmet, game, and action figure, great deal.

[quote name='3rdamention']The Killzone 3 Helghast Edition is an incredible deal. I know it is not a movie, but for the helmet, game, and action figure, great deal.[/QUOTE]

Good call but unfortunately none of the BBs near me have it.

M

[quote name='movie_mike']My Ben Hur order got canceled but they offered me a $10 gift card for the inconvenience. If only I got a $10 gift card for every canceled order through Best Buy...[/QUOTE]

Same here.

If I got a $10 gift card for every cancelled order through Best Buy... I'd use them to buy a 72" 3D TV.... and also a new refrigerator, washer, and dryer.

bread's done
Back