LouieT

CAGiversary!
Saturday's DOTD is Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition for $29.99

Xbox 360 version

Playstation 3 version

Coming soon, thanks to Bosamba:
Originally Posted by Bosamba
Daily Online Deals -Prices Valid Online and In Store

Sunday - :ps3: PlayStation Move Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Edition Bundle $49.99
Monday - :360: Xbox Live 12-Month Gold Membership Card $39.99
Tuesday - Tritton AX 180 $49.99 - Tritton AX 720 $99.99 - Tritton AX Pro $129.99
Wednesday :360::ps3: Tony Hawk Shred or Tony Hawk Ride Bundle $9.99
Thursday - :360::ps3: Sonic Generations $39.99 (Can be combined with $10 off coupon from @Gamer magazine)
Friday - :360::wii: Just Dance 3: Katy Perry $34.99
Saturday - :360::ps3: Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition $29.99

No more DOTD until Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
If only I didnt buy the Undead Nightmare pack off the marketplace...I never even played it! I could justify paying $30 and trading in my original copy. Oh well.

Hey guys just a heads up. I was at one of the Fort Myers, FL stores (Page Field location) and RDR rang up $50 but I had to tell them the price was $29.99 online and they were able to override it. So it might be easier for some to do in-store pickup.

Sweet! Just snagged RDR GOTY for $21 after a $10 rewards certificate. Had money on a gift card to cover the $21. Going to go in and flip my copy of RDR UDN for $8 and cancel my Batman pre-order so my total damage to the gift card will only be $8.

[quote name='p-spiddy']Is the included DLC for :ps3: on disc or codes? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

It's all on disc.

[quote name='IRHari']I heard the online in the Ps3 version is really unfair, it's all filled with max level griefers.[/QUOTE]

That's probably a fair statement. I'm not max level and it's tough to play any competitive modes, but there is alot to do online so it's still enjoyable.

Picked up my copy today. Traded in a couple games, used my Gamer Zone card, and wound up getting the game for less than it would have cost to get JUST RDR NEW at my local Kmart!

PS, guys: make sure it rings up right at the register. For some reason, my local Best Buy didn't have it ringing up correctly. But they did price match their website, so that helps.

Quick question if anyone can answer. I have the vanilla RDR & Undead disc. Since the previous Undead disc is a play from disc and not a install disc I can't use some of the dlc weapons it has like the explosive rile and tomahawk weapons in the regular campaign while people who got the dlc off the market can. I'm just wondering if this release lets you do that? If so it might be worth a rebuy for me.

I'm so kicking myself for buying the Undead Nightmare Collection on sale when it was on PSN. I thought that if they announced a GOTY version, the vanilla version would drop quickly, only to find out the GOTY version is now on sale constantly. What the fuck?

Does anybody know if the content is all on the discs or if there is supposed to be any DLC cards included? The copy I got at Best Buy seems like someone had tried to open it and both discs are there and the map and booklet, I just want to make sure there isn't an online pass or something that should be in there too.

[quote name='Tony208']for the :360: version, is the dlc on the disc or a code?[/QUOTE]

I just opened this up. There are 2 discs. One says "red dead redemption, game of the year edition", the second says "undead nightmare and multiplayer". Don't see a code anywhere

I picked up my copy, thanks OP!

[quote name='Gamer SDP']is ps3 the definitive version? I might order for in-store pickup[/QUOTE]

The 360 version has a slight edge over the PS3 version in terms of graphics but it's not all that noticeable unless you have them side by side, and even then it's mostly nit-picky stuff like draw distance, etc. If you have the option get the 360 version.

[quote name='thegame85']If only I didnt buy the Undead Nightmare pack off the marketplace...I never even played it! I could justify paying $30 and trading in my original copy. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
Exact same story here.

Picked up a copy today in store. They did price match no problem. Was only $5 after my rw zone certificate. Awesome deal!! This was just the price I was waiting for to pick it up.

[quote name='suwillgetu']

The 360 version has a slight edge over the PS3 version in terms of graphics but it's not all that noticeable unless you have them side by side, and even then it's mostly nit-picky stuff like draw distance, etc. If you have the option get the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

really I thought the PS3 was the "better" one since it's by Rockstar Games...

went and ordered a 360 copy anyway to gift. hope this doesn't drop to $20 until after the holidays...

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Is the 360 version for this shrink wrapped - with no y seal, or my store has resealed copies?[/QUOTE]

mine was same way, had microsoft seal but no y fold, think they all must be that way.. i also used my buy 2 get one free coupon (recieved in mail for being unlocked)with the online price match , recieved 2 red dead's goty and pokepark for like 58$ after ttax. weird thing is , the coupon didnt take the lowest price off it took the $30 red dead.

red dead 30
red dead 30
pokepark 24.50

recieved the red dead free instead of the pokepark

[quote name='Gamer SDP']really I thought the PS3 was the "better" one since it's by Rockstar Games...

went and ordered a 360 copy anyway to gift. hope this doesn't drop to $20 until after the holidays...[/QUOTE]

I'm just going by what I read here and here.

I used left-over gift cards and only ended up paying $20. Not bad for a GoTY edition that only came out this Fall. I haven't played Red Dead Redemption yet, and I'm really looking forward to it!

i would buy this but target just had GTAIV for 20$. Im going to kill my backlog if i get another massive style game like this...i can wait.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']is ps3 the definitive version? I might order for in-store pickup[/QUOTE]

360 is slightly better but not by much

Went to BB tonight with buy2get1free coupon in hand. Red Dead GOTY wasn't scanning at 29.99, but rather normal retail of 49.99. Told the cashier that there was a 1 day sale going on and that thins game was one of the sale items for $20 off. She had to check with the game dept. guy, who had to verify it online, since the in-store price wasn't reflecting the sale. He confirmed it, then she had to call a floor sup to do an override, which she put in as an online price match. I figured this is where everything would go south, since I had 3 copies of the game and figured there would be a conflict by doing 3 price matches and then trying to stack the coupon. I was pleased to see the coupon did indeed take off one of the games for 29.99 and I even got to keep my coupon. $60 plus tax for 3 copies of GOTY Edition.

[quote name='onyzukae']ummm...whats different
http://www.amazon.com/Red-Dead-Rede..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1320537378&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Redempti..._3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1320537440&sr=1-3

both goty[/QUOTE]

The first link is the regular game with an emblem on the box that says it has won a "Game of the Year" award; such awards are given by many sites and publications.

The second link is the "Game of the Year" Edition, which includes the game in the first link, along with all pre- and post-release DLC. Many games receive this "Game of the Year" or "Ultimate" edition, such as Borderlands, Arkham Asylum, Uncharted 2, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and just about every Rockstar game of this generation (GTA IV, RDR, La Noire).

A game does not have to win a "Game of the Year" award in order for it to receive a "Game of the Year" edition. It just has to have a publisher that likes to make money.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']i would buy this but target just had GTAIV for 20$. Im going to kill my backlog if i get another massive style game like this...i can wait.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on this, hopefully this price will go on for a few days since it's not in the weekly ad.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Went to BB tonight with buy2get1free coupon in hand. Red Dead GOTY wasn't scanning at 29.99, but rather normal retail of 49.99. Told the cashier that there was a 1 day sale going on and that thins game was one of the sale items for $20 off. She had to check with the game dept. guy, who had to verify it online, since the in-store price wasn't reflecting the sale. He confirmed it, then she had to call a floor sup to do an override, which she put in as an online price match. I figured this is where everything would go south, since I had 3 copies of the game and figured there would be a conflict by doing 3 price matches and then trying to stack the coupon. I was pleased to see the coupon did indeed take off one of the games for 29.99 and I even got to keep my coupon. $60 plus tax for 3 copies of GOTY Edition.[/QUOTE]

Lol, so badass. I wish I got these damn coupons already. But I'm sure there'll be many opportunities to use them in the upcoming weeks.

^^ Well my coupons (Unlocked packet) just came in the mail the other day, so you could be getting yours soon or even on Monday possibly.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']^^ Red Dead GOTY for $29.99 is only for today (Saturday).[/QUOTE]

I meant the price for GTA IV the last post on the previous page mentions. $20 at Target for the complete collection. Not a bad deal at all.

[quote name='IRHari']I heard the online in the Ps3 version is really unfair, it's all filled with max level griefers.[/QUOTE]
That's why Rockstar made a friendly fire OFF free roam a while ago. Albeit the assholes will still try suiciding into you while holding lit dynamite, but at least they can't just pop you with a rifle from 100 yards away anymore. I used to hate that shit.

But be forewarned that the free roam game world(unless they patched it to allow custom settings) is really empty for the most part. Well.....cept for those fuckin' ninja like cougars that seem to come outta the woodwork in droves.:whistle2:#
[quote name='ubermark']I bailed on RDR about halfway through the game. Still feel bad about that and would like to play Undead Nightmare. This $30 price might just get me to go ahead and bite. Heck, the GTA IV collection that came out LAST October STILL goes for almost $40 on Amazon. This might be about as good as it gets.[/QUOTE]
Are you talking about the :360: version of GTA IV Complete or the :ps3: version? I ask because the :ps3: version is $20 at Target now.

[quote name='Stimes']I have put 5-10 hours in this game and found it rather boring, that being said I own the DLC for :360: but not the game so I'm looking for a cheap vanilla version but still tempted to get the :ps3: GOTY. But why? I know it will just sit on the shelf.[/QUOTE]
Boring? It all depends on how you play the game really. If you play sandbox titles a lot(like I do) then the vast open world was a big playground that you could find tons of stuff to do in if you look for it. There's random events(like someone trying to steal your horse, chasing after bandits that stole someone's wagon, etc), there's hideouts you can clear and there's animals you can hunt down and sell the skins/meat from to get money to buy other stuff in the game.

Only time I was actually bored was in multiplayer(as mentioned above).

But if all you did was 'quick travel' from story mission to story mission and not take the time to appreciate the huge game world(which btw you rarely ever saw a load screen pop up for;)) and explore it, then yeah I could see how one would get bored of it.

I've already had the vanilla editions of this(and GTA IV/Episodes) and yet I'm tempted to buy this for $32 w/tax for in-store pickup, since I'm likely going in the direction of my local BB tomorrow to hit up the local flea markets sometime. But once I finished with the storyline n played a lil mp in RDR it sat on my shelf due to all of the griefing morons in free roam. I only bought RDR UN disc version since it had multiplayer dice and poker on it in a couple of the towns/villas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went into Target hoping to grab GTAIV Complete and it showed up as in-stock online, but the goddamn normal GH version has the same DCPI as the complete edition online and they were OOS of it :(

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's why Rockstar made a friendly fire OFF free roam a while ago. Albeit the assholes will still try suiciding into you while holding lit dynamite, but at least they can't just pop you with a rifle from 100 yards away anymore. I used to hate that shit.

But be forewarned that the free roam game world(unless they patched it to allow custom settings) is really empty for the most part. Well.....cept for those fuckin' ninja like cougars that seem to come outta the woodwork in droves.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Well that's good news - for a while it got awfully hard to get through certain parts of the map in 360 land for the same reasons. The MP achievements/trophies can be a real ass-kicker, but this time around I plan on just playing online for kicks (it _can_ be really fun if you let it).

[quote name='handsomepete']Well that's good news - for a while it got awfully hard to get through certain parts of the map in 360 land for the same reasons. The MP achievements/trophies can be a real ass-kicker, but this time around I plan on just playing online for kicks (it _can_ be really fun if you let it).[/QUOTE]
There was a fort down in Mexico that I think you had to hold onto against waves of enemies and that was the hardest trophy to boost. I was helping a friend do that in free roam and we kept having random idiots come in and pop us right when we were about to finish it. Unfortunately I don't think you can do some of the trophies/achievements in the FF OFF free roam and afaik there's no way to limit the number of random people that come in like you can in GTA free mode.

I snagged a copy of this for in-store pickup for :ps3: since the website says it's backordered now. I may also grab the hardcover GOTY edition guide for $15 tomorrow with the 50% off coupon from this month's @Gamer magazine. Lord knows I'll never find it once it pennies.:roll:

It threw me off to see the 360 version being shrink wrapped. Seeing a couple of earlier posters having the same experience, I guess that's how it is for all of them. Got a copy for $15 after using my RZ certs. Great deal!

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Went to BB tonight with buy2get1free coupon in hand. Red Dead GOTY wasn't scanning at 29.99, but rather normal retail of 49.99. Told the cashier that there was a 1 day sale going on and that thins game was one of the sale items for $20 off. She had to check with the game dept. guy, who had to verify it online, since the in-store price wasn't reflecting the sale. He confirmed it, then she had to call a floor sup to do an override, which she put in as an online price match. I figured this is where everything would go south, since I had 3 copies of the game and figured there would be a conflict by doing 3 price matches and then trying to stack the coupon. I was pleased to see the coupon did indeed take off one of the games for 29.99 and I even got to keep my coupon. $60 plus tax for 3 copies of GOTY Edition.[/QUOTE]

Oh my. I got the run-around of all run-around(s) from them tonight; like no other. I put up zero fight because they tag team you from around my parts.

The ultimate decision was made that the $29.99 version of RDR, was for the "Standard" Edition, not the GOTY. Hence, I went to my car, ordered it on my Blackberry, and 15 minutes later, I walked outta the same store with the GOTY (just out of spite, really). It's almost like they thought they caught me in a lie. To err is human (yes) but this was..... :shame: Glad you gottem....

Deal is now dead.

Next deal of the day is on Monday. I'll make a new thread if it's anything notable.

I was away for the deal so I had my brother go into Best Buy on Saturday to pick this up for me and it rang up at full price. The kid at the register seemed to be an idiot even after my brother told him about the single-day deal and never checked the website or consulted a manager. My brother just bought it at full price hoping to fix it later because he was in a rush.

I take a screenshot of the online ad showing the deal and my brother takes it in and they tell him they cant tell what date that deal is from (even though it has Sonic Generations on that same page that came out that week) and dont honor it. We get a hold of the physical ad and that page is not in the ad. Was this deal not for every store? I saw it on the website and should have just done in-store pickup but that ship has sailed. So are we screwed since the ad for our area didnt feature the deal? Was it only in certain regions?

bread's done
Back