[DEAD] Clubhouse Games -- $20 via Best Buy CAG-ness

redsox6391

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This week at Best Buy, they are holding a sale, $5 off all Touch Generations games, bringing Clubhouse Games down to $25. With the Game Gift Card, you can get $5 off any game $20 or more. So go, put $20 on the card, then viola, Clubhouse Games for only $20, this week only.

[quote name='redsox6391']This week at Best Buy, they are holding a sale, $5 off all Touch Generations games, bringing Clubhouse Games down to $25. With the Game Gift Card, you can get $5 off any game $20 or more. So go, put $20 on the card, then viola, Clubhouse Games for only $20, this week only.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. Was looking to pick this up. To bad my BB never has any GGCs.

[quote name='edwardchu_333']Do you think it will work since the GGC coupon states that "markdown is taken from regular price?"[/QUOTE]
Absolutely. I take $5 off sale items all the time.

How do I get the additional $5 off, besides the Touch Generations promotion? When you buy a Game Gift Card, it automatically gives you $5 off sale items?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Been around for a couple years, but this is still the best thread on the subject--direct future people ;)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73[/quote]

Thank you! This is truely an awesome giftcard. I've been wanting Clubhouse Games, and while I may pass (having just paid out my ass for the PS3 and Wii preorders), I'll definitely keep those giftcards in mind. If they're as scarce as they sound, I could always order one online.

I just bought this on friday.. and they likely won't price adjust since I already go the $5 off with GGC. Oh well. The game rocks.

Just got back from BB, used GC. I almost bought it yesterday, but I had it in the back of my mind that it was on sale somewhere. Now if only all new DS games would be $25-$5 a week after they come out. Of course, then I would have a new problem.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Thank you! This is truely an awesome giftcard. I've been wanting Clubhouse Games, and while I may pass (having just paid out my ass for the PS3 and Wii preorders), I'll definitely keep those giftcards in mind. If they're as scarce as they sound, I could always order one online.[/quote]
I believe the ones online don't have the coupon

[quote name='manthing']Just a heads up, if you use the GGC you CANNOT use the McDonald's Best Buy Bucks.

The register will just ignore the BBBs.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. I was going to use the BBB later this week.

[quote name='Stoneage']It would appear so. It's $24.99 in the weekly ad.[/quote]
Good deal.

I'll get this on Friday, $20.00 is the perfect price.

Edit: Oh, though it's probably not needed... but GameSpot gave Clubhouse Games an 8.0!
(
http://tinyurl.com/yyttfl)

This seems like the perfect title to involve your non-gamer friends if you have 2(or more) DS's.

can can't you just order it off bestbuy.com which has free shipping for 24.99, then enter in your rewardzone # for the bonus 500 points discussed in the other thread, and your total after the $10 rewards zone cert shipped out later would be 15 bucks.

My wife and I played games for about 2 hours last night and had a blast. It's amazing how entertaining a game of checkers can be with your spouse when you keep taunting them via chat for the whole game.

She crushed me, btw.

[quote name='redsox6391']So go, put $20 on the card, then viola, Clubhouse Games for only $20, this week only.[/QUOTE]

vi·o·la1 (vē-ō'lə)
n.
A stringed instrument of the violin family, slightly larger than a violin, tuned a fifth lower, and having a deeper, more sonorous tone.
An organ stop usually of eight-foot or four-foot pitch yielding stringlike tones.

[Italian, from Old Provençal, viola, probably of imitative origin.]

voi·là (vwä-lä')
interj.

Used to call attention to or express satisfaction with a thing shown or accomplished: Mix the ingredients, chill, and—voilà!—a light, tasty dessert.

[French : voi, second person sing. imperative of voir, to see (from Old French; see voyeur) + là, there (from Old French la, lai, probably from Latin illāc, by that way : illā, ablative sing. feminine of ille, that + -ce, deictic particle).]

(You're welcome).

If anyone was wondering you only pay tax on the 19.99. Some places with coupons would work 24.99 + tax - 5.00, but worry not.

Thanks, OP, got my copy at lunch today and managed to play a few of the games.

Anyone know how to castle in the chess game?

I tried picking up my King and moving it over but it wouldn't let me. I know some of the games people are saying the rules are incomplete, I hope to god that they didn't hose the chess game up! Then again I haven't had time to look in the manual so it may be in there.

All in all it seems like a GREAT deal for $20 and I urge everyone to go out and pick it up while it's cheap!!

[quote name='onacouch']If anyone was wondering you only pay tax on the 19.99. Some places with coupons would work 24.99 + tax - 5.00, but worry not.[/QUOTE]
Really? I had a feeling my cashier messed up. After she told me excitedly my game qualified for a warranty, she had trouble with my coupon, even pretending to scan it and then telling me the same total. I had to tell her to scan it again.
It ended up charging my tax for 24.99 as opposed to 19.99. But that's fine I suppose, I only missed out on 40 cents or so.

[quote name='keithp']

Anyone know how to castle in the chess game?

I tried picking up my King and moving it over but it wouldn't let me. I know some of the games people are saying the rules are incomplete, I hope to god that they didn't hose the chess game up! Then again I haven't had time to look in the manual so it may be in there.

[/quote]

move the pieces out of the way, never move your king or rook. then move the king two spaces to the right and voila.

Ahhh man, I should have checked at CAG before heading out to BB. I would have saved $5 more...thanks for the heads-up though. Perhaps...well, I might just get Big Brain Academy for $10.

[quote name='hbdragon88']Ahhh man, I should have checked at CAG before heading out to BB. I would have saved $5 more...thanks for the heads-up though. Perhaps...well, I might just get Big Brain Academy for $10.[/quote]

19.99 and up, sorry :p

I plan on getting this today and stocking up on GGCs. My gf decided to get a ds so she has two or three games to get as well, so we might end up getting Tetris, clubhouse, and nintendogs for a nice $20 each thanks to this. And on an unrelated note I'll probably pick up cooking mama for $15 while I'm at it.

[quote name='rebelspyder']move the pieces out of the way, never move your king or rook. then move the king two spaces to the right and voila.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know HOW to do it, the game just wouldn't let me for some reason.

It does work, then--you've done it in the game?

made my FIRST GGC purchase last night! i was surprised to see a whole rack of these GGC at the register.

20 bucks + change. thanks!

Gah, I wish I'd bit on this. I've been thinking about Clubhouse Games for days. Guess I'll stalk GameStop online to see if any stores get it during the B2G1 promotion...

bread's done
Back