[DEAD] Colosseum: Road to Freedom PS2 9.99 Gamestop?

HUGE MISTAKE! Thanks OP!

Game has an MSRP of 39.99... for those that don't know, it's made by Koei, and is supposed to be like Dynasty Warriors with more of a focus on combat in small groups and taking place in a coliseum. Game Informer gave it a 7.25 out of 10.

Supposed to be very violent, as well... definately worth a shot at 9.99, it will trade in for double that if you don't like it!

They won't charge your card until it ships on September 6th! Grand total is 11.98 with 5-10 day value shipping.

The ship date Gamestop has is wrong, as well... game ships in July I believe, according to EB, unless it got pushed back.

Hey OP you might want to put in that the code FREESHIPALL gives you free usa value shipping...hey I am a cheap ass and got it for $9.99 TOTAL......

[quote name='cruzincontrol']Hey OP you might want to put in that the code FREESHIPALL gives you free usa value shipping...hey I am a cheap ass and got it for $9.99 TOTAL......[/QUOTE]

Shit... is there anyway to go back through and re-do my order?

I don't even see where I can cancel my order at all =/

The only thing I see is to call them... but I'm not calling to get my order cancelled over two dollars, which in turn might alert Gamestop to their mistake, so just forget it.

I'm saving 30 dollars anyways without paying tax, I can live with two bucks.

[quote name='Roufuss']Shit... is there anyway to go back through and re-do my order?

I don't even see where I can cancel my order at all =/

The only thing I see is to call them... but I'm not calling to get my order cancelled over two dollars, which in turn might alert Gamestop to their mistake, so just forget it.

I'm saving 30 dollars anyways without paying tax, I can live with two bucks.[/QUOTE]

order another then cancel your first order. but do it in that order just in case

[quote name='Kuma']order another then cancel your first order. but do it in that order just in case[/QUOTE]

How do you cancel the first order though?

Do I have to call / email them? I'm not seeing anything on the webpage letting me cancel, and I'm not going through the hassle for only two dollars if it involves getting a hold of a CSR.

[quote name='Roufuss']How do you cancel the first order though?

Do I have to call / email them? I'm not seeing anything on the webpage letting me cancel, and I'm not going through the hassle for only two dollars if it involves getting a hold of a CSR.[/QUOTE]

You'll have to email them about cancelling. It usually takes a day or 2 before they cancel your order though.

Order up a copy. Great trade-in bait if it is really bad. I do not think this is a mistake as it says price drop save $30.00, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='neonglow']You'll have to email them about cancelling. It usually takes a day or 2 before they cancel your order though.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's what I thought.

Not worth it for the extra two dollars to tip them off about the deal. I can live with the game for 11.98 =D

[quote name='chickenhawk']Damnit! I can't order from GS online. :evil:[/QUOTE]

Hope you can get it Pre-order at local store for $10 plus taxes (call your local gamestop for Pricing). Also, if it $9.99 just pay off $10 incase they'll charge you extra $$$ when the price jump UP.

Thanks OP. Ordered 40 copies to sell on ebay.

Just kidding...

I ordered two copies. One for me and one as a gift for my brother-in-law.

EB's site says it ships on July 19, so I hope they're right and GS is wrong.

Great catch!

-DM

hold on though... why does the game say gladiator and the name say colosseum?? might be a price mistake but i got a feeling its just a name/picture confusion that we will get cancled orders from. There is a gladiator game, but its sword of vengance. so we'll see how this pans out

[quote name='SBWildBill2004']hold on though... why does the game say gladiator and the name say colosseum?? might be a price mistake but i got a feeling its just a name/picture confusion that we will get cancled orders from. There is a gladiator game, but its sword of vengance. so we'll see how this pans out[/QUOTE]

That is because it's the Japanese boxart.

Thanks, ordered 1. I just hope word of this doesn't get spread around, since although it's likely to be cancelled anyway, if they get even more orders than from just CAGers, it of course has a greater chance of getting cancelled.

Preordered as well; Hopefully they will honor the deal, but I have a sneaking feeling that I will not be getting the game at this price *crosses fingers and knocks on wood for good measure*

nice, picked one up thank you OP. Any chance that gamestop.com would actually change the price on us and ship it and charge us for the $39.99 price?, and just give a email saying something like "the game was listed at the wrong price, but not to worry we were able to ship the game and charge you at the regular price of $39.99".

[quote name='tenzor']nice, picked one up thank you OP. Any chance that gamestop.com would actually change the price on us and ship it and charge us for the $39.99 price?, and just give a email saying something like "the game was listed at the wrong price, but not to worry we were able to ship the game and charge you at the regular price of $39.99".[/QUOTE]

They have never been known to do anything like that.

Even if they did, you could simply return the game.

[quote name='tenzor']nice, picked one up thank you OP. Any chance that gamestop.com would actually change the price on us and ship it and charge us for the $39.99 price?, and just give a email saying something like "the game was listed at the wrong price, but not to worry we were able to ship the game and charge you at the regular price of $39.99".[/QUOTE]

They can cancel it, but, legally*, they can not charge you a price that you did not agree to pay.

* - I am not a lawyer. I am not a law student. I have never played a lawyer on TV. I occassionally watch Law & Order.

Thanks to shrike im getting one. Im gonna get a giftcard with $10 and use it online to get this. Thanks shrike.

(Gift cards do work online right?)

Just got my order in--although after they see about 1000 people have preordered this game, I think they'll cancel it.

bread's done
Back