[DEAD] CompUSA: Buy 2 Get 1 Free on Saturday Dec 11th

It shows Halo 1. I hope it's a typo.
(Now I'm 100)

I'm pretty sure it is nationwide. But if anyone cares I'm in Redmond, Washington and the one I go to is in Belllevue.

so this sale is only 1 day? anyone know if compusa has a good game selection? hopefully its nationwide, gotta pick up mario power tennis,mario party 6 and something else i cant decide yet: maybe PoP:WW

Thanks for the heads up. Too bad I don't have a compusa anywhere closer than an hour. Oh well good luck you guys that are going.

CompUSA prices are notoriously horrid usually (not updated with prices drops and the like) so this may only be good for newer titles or if your store is good about updating prices. Thanks for the heads up though.

B2G1 is a great deal, I've been wanting to pick up some of the recently released 19.99 xbox games like hotwheels, and I need Spongebob, so this is a good way to knock 20$ of the price.

I can't think of a more miserable place to buy games. I ditto what was said earlier about their prices and selection. Anyhow, I hope that I find what I need and then get out of there. I think that I have a few GCs from there.

Looking at the restrictions on that PDF link, it's saying that the offers aren't good in Michigan and Connecticut.

Sorry for those CAG's in those two states.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']so this sale is only 1 day? anyone know if compusa has a good game selection? hopefully its nationwide, gotta pick up mario power tennis,mario party 6 and something else i cant decide yet: maybe PoP:WW[/quote]

Their selection is pretty good if you're looking for popular, mainstream hits, and their selection of GH/PH/PC titles is as good as any other store. They tend to be a bit slower than other retailers in lowering their prices, which is why you'll find occasional rip-offs like Smashing Drive for $49.99, but for the most part, their prices and selection are good.

[quote name='"shrike4242"']Looking at the restrictions on that PDF link, it's saying that the offers aren't good in Michigan and Connecticut.

Sorry for those CAG's in those two states.[/quote]

Thanks for pointing this out. (I am in CT, but really don't need to spend more money on video games so it works out well. Less temptation this way.)

[quote name='screwkick']Good luck getting out the door without getting raped into buying an extended warranty.[/quote]

I bought my Xbox from CompUSA on BF and the cashier actually added the extended warranty onto my purchase without even asking me first if I wanted it. I promptly told her to take that charge off and that I didn't want the warranty, and that next time it would be better if she asked if the customer actually wanted it before she punched in the code for the purchase. Yikes.

[quote name='lurknomore']I can't think of a more miserable place to buy games. [/quote]

IMO the worst place to buy games is at Shoprite.

[quote name='ananag112'][quote name='lurknomore']I can't think of a more miserable place to buy games. [/quote]

IMO the worst place to buy games is at Shoprite.[/quote]

Can't forget that gem of commerce on the Internet, buyritegames.com . That ranks as the worst place I know of.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='ananag112'][quote name='lurknomore']I can't think of a more miserable place to buy games. [/quote]

IMO the worst place to buy games is at Shoprite.[/quote]

Can't forget that gem of commerce on the Internet, buyritegames.com . That ranks as the worst place I know of.[/quote]

lurknomore and ananag112 were writing about the worst places to buy games, not the worst places to pay money and get nothing but a hassle.

My friend works there and gave me the following low down:

1. They can limit how much you buy at any one store, the ad is suppose to say one offer per household (or one household per offer) in the fine print. She said they want to make sure as many people as possible get something.

2. Remember that CompUSA does not buy mass quantities of videogames; the store my friend works at only got 10 copes of KOTOR2 and hasn't gotten any more since the first shippment. She said they currently have two copies left. Don't expect to be there at 9:30AM and get a copy of a hot game, you're going to have to probably be there around 6:00AM; she said two guys were going to spend the night outside the store to get the last two copies of KOTOR2 - whatever floats your boat, I would never do that for a $50 game.

3. Limited to stock on-hnad, no orders or rainchecks.

4. Sunday they have another deal that has games starting at $5, she said some of the games are about $45 off of the original price and some are not that old at all. No list, she was afraid to take it off of the manager desk or ask him for it since she is a cashier. She only heard about this during the store meeting two days ago, but said the list the manager had was huge.

She mentioned that at the meeting they were doing it to drum up awareness that they carry the stuff and move out stock; they're going to a better way of getting the games and getting rid of old stock and this weekend is the wipe the slate clean and get some traffic in the store at the same time. The plan is to get in to that market in a much bigger way starting this year.

BTW: I've had three X-Boxes replaced with those extended warranties. I got replacement plans on the replacements each time, the hard drives kept going out until I put it on a UPS. Knock on wood, no problems in 6 months.

[quote name='Agent_logan']My friend works there and gave me the following low down:

1. They can limit how much you buy at any one store, the ad is suppose to say one offer per household (or one household per offer) in the fine print. She said they want to make sure as many people as possible get something.

2. Remember that CompUSA does not buy mass quantities of videogames; the store my friend works at only got 10 copes of KOTOR2 and hasn't gotten any more since the first shippment. She said they currently have two copies left. Don't expect to be there at 9:30AM and get a copy of a hot game, you're going to have to probably be there around 6:00AM; she said two guys were going to spend the night outside the store to get the last two copies of KOTOR2 - whatever floats your boat, I would never do that for a $50 game.

4. Sunday they have another deal that has games starting at $5, she said some of the games are about $45 off of the original price and some are not that old at all. No list, she was afraid to take it off of the manager desk or ask him for it since she is a cashier. She only heard about this during the store meeting two days ago, but said the list the manager had was huge.

She mentioned that at the meeting they were doing it to drum up awareness that they carry the stuff and move out stock; they're going to a better way of getting the games and getting rid of old stock and this weekend is the wipe the slate clean and get some traffic in the store at the same time. The plan is to get in to that market in a much bigger way starting this year.

BTW: I've had three X-Boxes replaced with those extended warranties. I got replacement plans on the replacements each time, the hard drives kept going out until I put it on a UPS. Knock on wood, no problems in 6 months.[/quote]

Is CompUSA opening early because mine doesn't open until 10:00 on Sat......

[quote name='Lord Hamm'][quote name='Agent_logan']My friend works there and gave me the following low down:

BTW: I've had three X-Boxes replaced with those extended warranties. I got replacement plans on the replacements each time, the hard drives kept going out until I put it on a UPS. Knock on wood, no problems in 6 months.[/quote]

Is CompUSA opening early because mine doesn't open until 10:00 on Sat......[/quote]

NM, I looked it up it says it's opening at 9:00 sharp.....

Is there any way to get a printable version of the page with MGS3 so I can pricematch at Best Buy? I didn't get a paper with this ad. Also, does anyone know if the $5 off coupon in the BB holiday buyers guide will work with price matching b/c it says not valid w/ any other offers. I don't know if PMing is considered an offer.

What kind of hard drive is that 250gb one, name, and speed?
Reply if you know.

P.S. Are there any other hard drives for sale?

[quote name='Agent_logan']My friend works there and gave me the following low down:

Logan... I just came back from the B2G1 sale. They didn't have much I wanted.. only Atari Anthology and R&C. I did however ask the manager about tomorrow's sale. She showed me and ad and said I couldn't take it.
Now if only Best Buy or CC had a B2G1 I'd be all over it.

Select $5 games. Pictured are excitebike GBA, Everquest Online adventures, some tennis game and some other crap.. and it also said $10 savings after CompUSA Value Program (or some shit like that) or mail, or both.. doesn't look like a good sale to me

Just got back from sale- only one there! No other CAGs? :)

Anyway, tough to make this one happen. No A-List titles on shelf. Manager knew nothing about sale till I showed him the flyer. He started making some calls, blah blah. In the meantime I had some kid look up in their system and see if they even had any of the stuff I wanted in stock. They did, and it was in the back somewhere. The kid goes back and gets what I am asking for. The manager can't seem to get an answer he likes from whoever he is calling so he finally just gives them to me for the price advertised. Got kotor 2, MGS 3, Mario Tennis. Tried for Metroid 2 instead of MGS 3 but no dice. Still, pretty sweet score. MGS 3 the free one ($10 cheaper).

Went there at 9AM, ended up wandering around for a half-hour and didn't buy anything.

Was going to buy VJ2, Mario Tennis and Mario Party 6, and now that I see WJ2 is under $30 at Target starting tomorrow, I'm glad I didn't, since I had enough unplayed at the moment as it is.

It wasn't as prolific as the TRU sale, that's for sure, in the variety.

Reading on the boards i can tell compusa's vary alot by state, and city.
Personally, my compusa carries a wide, huge selection.

[quote name='shrike4242']Went there at 9AM, ended up wandering around for a half-hour and didn't buy anything.

Was going to buy VJ2, Mario Tennis and Mario Party 6, and now that I see WJ2 is under $30 at Target starting tomorrow, I'm glad I didn't, since I had enough unplayed at the moment as it is.

It wasn't as prolific as the TRU sale, that's for sure, in the variety.[/quote]

Thanx, shrike! I was gonna send the boy out to CompUSA, but you just saved him another trip.

Purchased Metroid Prime 2: Echoes for $49.99 and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater for $39.99 and got Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords ($49.99 Value) for FREE! Awesome deal!

I did get some stuff, NFSU2, KOTOR2 and URBZ. I'm going to swap out URBZ for Mechwarrior 2 when it comes out at CompUSA.

Yeah, I've been to the Stores in Vegas, Miami, Atlanta, NY, SF and Hawaii... they are all a little different, but I can say the same for ANY store (There was an incredible guy in TRU in Vegas, he knew about every game - we must have talked for an hour). If a manager did not know about it he had to be an idiot or didn't want to make the sale for some reason, My friend said everyone knew about it!

My experiences at CompUSA have been really good lately; sure I know more than the salesperson but thats retail now. Only place where the Salespeople might know more than me would be at the Scuba store.

on Tomorrow sale, I asked the manager if I could take a peak at the list and he was very cool and sent me an email listing out the XBOX games. Here it is:

The following for 88 cents for xbox:

BARBARIAN
BATTLE ENGINE AQUILA
ESPN NATIONAL HOCKEY

Less than $5:

EXIBITION VOL2
EXIBITION VOL 3
ESPN NFL PRIME TIME
ESPN WINTER X SNOW 2
CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
CORVETTE
FORD RACING 2
MAT HOFFMANS PRO BMX2
KAKUTO CHOJIN

Less than $10:
GODZILLA
HUNTER
KUNG FU CHAOS
MADDEN NFL 2002
MERCEDEZBENZWRLDRACING
NHL HITZ 2002
OUTLAW GOLF
PROJECT GOTHAM RACING
RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFE
SHREK
SPIDERMAN THE MOVIE
STREET HOOPS
TAO FENG
TONY HAWK PRO SKATER 4
X-MEN DIMENSION
-NASCAR THUNDER 2002
-NBA LIVE 2002
AGGRESSIVE INLINE SKAT
ALL-STAR BASEBALL 2003
BLOOD OMEN 2
BRUCE LEE
COMMANDOS 2/MEN OF COU
DARK ANGEL
DARK SUMMIT
DR. MUTO
FATAL FRAME
FUZION FRENZY
GUN VALKYRIE
HARRY POTTER SORCERERS
KNOCKOUT KINGS 2002
MAD DASH
MIKE TYSON
MORTAL KOMBAT DEADLY A
NBA 2K2
NBA 2K3
NBA INSIDE DRIVE
NCAA COLLEGE FTBALL2K3
NCAA FOOTBALL 2003
NEW LEGENDS
NFL BLITZ 2002
NFL BLITZ 2003
NHL 2K3
NIGHTCASTER
NINJA 1
OTOGI MYTH OF DEMONS
PIRATES LEGEND OF BLAC
RALLY FUSION OF CHAMP
ROADKILL
ROBOTECH BATTLECRY
ROGUE OPS
RUN LIKE HELL
SOLDIER OF FORTUNE 2 D
SPLASHDOWN
STAKE
TEST DRIVE OFF ROAD WI
TETRIS WORLD
THE HULK
TONY HAWK PRO SKATER 3
TRUE CRIME STREETS OF
TUROK EVOLUTION
#NAME?
-F1 2001
-NHL 2002
SVG
BLADE 2
CRASH
DEAD TO RIGH RTV8/25/4
KELLY SLATERS PRO SURF
STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF
BACKYARD WRESTLING
FALLOUT BROTHERHOOD OF
FIFA 2004
GLADIUS
INDIANA JONES EMPERORT
ITALIAN JOB
LEGACY OF KAINDEFIANCE
MADDEN 2003
MVP BASEBALL 2003
NBA LIVE 2003
NCAA FOOTBALL 2004
NHL HITZ 2003
PANZER DRAGOON
PROJECT GENESIS
RED FACTION 2
STAR WARS CLONE WARS
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA T
TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR03
WHIP LASH
WORLDSERIESBASEBALL
WORLDSERIESBASEBALL2K3
WRATH UNLEASHED

Less than $15:
HARRY POTTER CHAMBER
X2 WOLVERINE'S REVENGE
AMPED
DEATHROW
DEFENDER
DRAGONS LAIR
HITMAN2
MYST III
NASCAR HEAT
NFS HOT PURSUIR 2
NHL 2003
PHANTOM CRUSN
RALLISPORT CHALLENGE
SLOT CAR THUNDER GROOV
SUPERMAN MAN OF STEEL
TIMESPLITTERS 2
TRIPLE PLAY 2002
TY THE TASMANIAN TIGER
2002 FIFA WORLD CUP
ATV QUAD POWER RACING
BUFFY VAMPIRE SLAYER
CAPCOM VS SNK 2 EO
CRAZY TAXI 3 HIGH ROLL
FIFA 2003
GT 2002
NASCAR THUNDER 2003
NCAA BASKETBALL 2K3
NFL2K2
SILENT HILL 2 RESTLESS
ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAM
AZURIK
BLOWOUT
CIRCUS MAXIMUS
ENCLAVE
FREESTYLE METAL X
IMMERSION RACING
KABUKI WARRIORS
MACE GRIFFIN BOUNTY HU
ONIMUSHA GANMA
SEA BLADE
THE THING
TONY HAWKS PRO SKATER
APEX
BATMAN DARK TOMORROW
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
BLINX
BUFFY 2 CHAOS BLEEDS
CONFLICT DESERT STORM
DUNGEONS&DRAGONS HEROS
FELLOWSHIP OF THE RI
FREEDOM BATTLE OF LIBE
FUTURAMA-THE GAME
FUTURETACTICS:UPRISING
GREAT ESCAPE
METAL GEAR SOLID
MIDNIGHT CLUB
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE
MLB INSIDE PITCH 2003
NBA INSIDE DRIVE 2003
NFL FEVER 2003
ODDWORLD
PAC-MAN WORLD 2
PIRATESOFTHECARIBBEAN
QUANTUM REDSHIFT
RAYMAN 3
SERIOUS SAM
SPAWN
STARSKY AND HUTCH
SYBERIA
TERMINATOR
TEST DRIVE
WHACKED

Between $18 and $25:
ARCTIC THUNDER
MLB SLUGFEST 2003
NFL 2K3
BALDURS GATE
BATMAN VENGEANCE
DRAKE
GAUNTLET DARK LEGACY
GROUP S CHALLENGE
PHANTASY STAR ONLINE
RED CARD SOCCER
SPY HUNTER 2
TRANSWORLD SURF
4X4 EVOLUTION 2
BURNOUT
INDYCAR SERIES 2004
LEGENDS OF WRESTLING
LIVE STARTER KIT V2
MX 2002
REIGN OF FIRE
SILENT SCOPE RIFLE
SMASHING DRIVE
STAR WARS JEDI STARFIG
VEXX
BALDURS GATE DARK ALLI
THE GUY GAME RTV 10/6
ALTER ECHO
BLOODRAYNE
CHASE
CRIMSON SEA
DAVE MIRRA FREESTYLE B
DYNASTY WARRIORS 3
GUN METAL
HEAT BASEBALL 2004
HOUSEOFTHEDEAD 3
JET SET RADIO FUTURE
MAXIMUM CHASE
MOTOR TREND LOTUS CHAL
OPERATION FLASHPOINT
OUTLAW GOLF-SEABLADE B
PRISONER OF WAR
SOCCER SLAM
STAR WARS JEDI KNIGHTS
SUFFERING
TOE JAM 4 EARL3
XGRA
XTREME BEACH VOLLEYBAL
ALL-STAR BASEBALL 2004
BURNOUT 2 POINT OF IMP
COLIN MCRAE RALLY 3
ESPN NFL FOOTBALL
GLADIATOR SWORD OF VEN
INDYCAR SERIES
MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2
MLB SLUGFEST 2004
MURAKUMO
NBA JAM 2004
NCAA MARCH MADNESS 04
NFL BLITZ PRO
OUTLAW VOLLEYBALL SPIK
SONIC HEROES
SPONGE BOB BIKINI BOT
WALLACE AND GROMIT
WWE RAW 2
STEELBATTALIONLINECNTCT

I tried my local Compusa and they had next to nothing and none of the games I wanted. So I walked two doors down to Bestbuy and got pricematch buy 2 get 1 free (in Michigan by the way) on POP warrior within, NFS Underground 2 and KOTOR 2 and they gave me a $10 gift card I didn't ask why but I felt pretty lucky

[quote name='stemartin7']Do you have the list of ps2 or gamecube games?[/quote]

I'll ask him for it, he sent me XBOX since thats what I was buying I guess.

He said they're going to put them all together on Sunday morning so you won't have to search through the ones not on sale.

bread's done
Back