[DEAD] Cowboy Bebop Remix: Anime Legends $29.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='mkg12']Amazon has Cowboy Bebop Remix: Anime Legends(all the episodes) for $29.99 shipped right now. It's the cheapest I've seen it go for.

http://www.amazon.com/Cowboy-Bebop-..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=181K8A5BXRCV12CN974H[/quote]
Must be a universal drop. Due to Amazon's new price matching policy changes, I checked BB.com first. Shows up for $30 there as well.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8659793&st=Cowboy+Bebop+Remix%3A+Anime+Legends+&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1782975
Thanks though for the update. I can't decide if the 5.1 mix is worth the upgrade.

Thanks for the heads up. Was about to pull the trigger on it through Amazon then I noticed the Best Buy near me has it in stock so I'm going to grab it there.

[quote name='genfuyung']Theres also a pretty decent upgrade in picture quality as well. Though its still full screen. Ill try and hold out for a blu ray release though.[/quote]

of course its full screen. it was made for tv. duh.

[quote name='genfuyung']Theres also a pretty decent upgrade in picture quality as well. Though its still full screen. Ill try and hold out for a blu ray release though.[/quote]
Ah ok. Didn't realize the PQ was bumped up too.
Like you, I think I may hold out for the (hopefully) eventual :br: release. I know it won't be in widescreen due to how the show was originally formatted but animation seems to really shine on the :br: discs I've watched and bought.

[quote name='DestroVega']is this worth a blind buy? I actually have seen the movie and thought it was pretty cool[/quote]Probably one of my favorite shows of all-time, period. Def. worth it at this price as a blind buy.

[quote name='genfuyung']Thank you for that observation...[/quote]

your post made it sound like you thought it was origanlly in a widescreen format.

[quote name='DestroVega']is this worth a blind buy? I actually have seen the movie and thought it was pretty cool[/quote]
If ever there were a blind buy for a series its this. I paid double this for all the original dvds and never regretted it. This is one of the best animes of all time in my opinion.

[quote name='DestroVega']is this worth a blind buy? I actually have seen the movie and thought it was pretty cool[/QUOTE]

I blind bought it a few months ago, and I was very pleased with the results.

[quote name='DestroVega']is this worth a blind buy? I actually have seen the movie and thought it was pretty cool[/QUOTE]

I would go with a definate yes. I love this series and will be the only one outside of Samurai Champloo that I will own the whole series of.

Hopefully the fixed the printing issues with the regular Remix DVDs in these Anime Legend releases. I had to return two volumes due to bad playback.

This isn't a "universal drop." Amazon is just matching Best Buy's Labor Day sale price.

Also, yes, this is one of the best shows you could possibly pick up for $30.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']This isn't a "universal drop." Amazon is just matching Best Buy's Labor Day sale price.

Also, yes, this is one of the best shows you could possibly pick up for $30.[/QUOTE]

I hope it stays at this price in-store because I won't be able to get it until tomorrow when I get off of work.

Will be picking it up this next weekend.
I've heard of the show but never really looked into it. Can anyone tell me what it's about?

$30 and it's big fan following is making me buy it either way though. :)

[quote name='GAMERMASTERMAN']Will be picking it up this next weekend.
I've heard of the show but never really looked into it. Can anyone tell me what it's about?

$30 and it's big fan following is making me buy it either way though. :)[/QUOTE]

The crew of the Bebop is once again ready to take control of space bringing bad guys to justice and trying to make some cash while doing it. Join the always cool Spike investigative genius Jet the fabulous Faye the amazing (but weird) Ed and the super-smart Welsh Corgi named Ein as they try to make a buck in the year 2071.

Here you go my good sir.

[quote name='probablysober']Hopefully the fixed the printing issues with the regular Remix DVDs in these Anime Legend releases. I had to return two volumes due to bad playback.[/quote]

anyone had this problem?

[quote name='cdeener']The crew of the Bebop is once again ready to take control of space bringing bad guys to justice and trying to make some cash while doing it. Join the always cool Spike investigative genius Jet the fabulous Faye the amazing (but weird) Ed and the super-smart Welsh Corgi named Ein as they try to make a buck in the year 2071.

Here you go my good sir.[/quote]Thanks kind sir. Sounds pretty good. Definitely picking it up.

[quote name='ZForce915']I do not watch Anime, yet I've considered getting into this on several occasions. Would the Anime n00b enjoy this?[/quote]
I don't really like anime but I love this show.

[quote name='ZForce915']Would the Anime n00b enjoy this?[/quote]

Yes. And after watching this and wanting more, then you can move on to Samurai Champloo, the latest series from the same guy. (It's the anime equivalent of advancing from Seinfeld to Curb Your Enthusiasm)

The only downside to the Anime n00b starting with CB is the fact that you'll never find another Anime ever that will live up to what you saw first.

[quote name='cdeener']I hope it stays at this price in-store because I won't be able to get it until tomorrow when I get off of work.[/QUOTE]
Better schedule an in-store pickup NOW, then. This is a Labor Day special that ends tonight.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Better schedule an in-store pickup NOW, then. This is a Labor Day special that ends tonight.[/quote]

Glad I didn't wait to go into the store tomorrow then. Ordered one for myself.

If the price stays the same for a while online, it might be available for $26.99 shipped at Deepdiscount in Novemberish when their semi-annual 20% off sale rolls around yet again.

$3 isn't worth the wait and a chance at missing a great price, though. Amazon FTW.

[quote name='ZForce915']I do not watch Anime, yet I've considered getting into this on several occasions. Would the Anime n00b enjoy this?[/quote]
I know a few people whos minds were completely changed about anime after i forced them to watch this. Its definitely a great example of what anime can be.

[quote name='Phryo88']Thinpack! D:[/QUOTE]

It's a brick, not a thinpak. And to preempt any followup questions, only ADV strips the extras from their collections.

[quote name='ZForce915']I do not watch Anime, yet I've considered getting into this on several occasions. Would the Anime n00b enjoy this?[/QUOTE]I would say that if you enjoyed the show Firefly you will like Cowboy Bebop. The latter was an obvious influence on the former.

I've been looking for a legitimate, reasonably priced boxed set for this for a while. Now to wait for Samurai Champloo to get a decently priced boxed set. Thanks!

Let me make this easy for all of those wondering if they should get this:

YOU SHOULD GET THIS.

There. Problem solved.

hrmm... I own all the Original DVD's except the Movie (haven't seen that yet...) but I'm tempted to pick this new set up... hrmm...

I'll just have to wait a while because I ordered it from Amazon to save on sales tax and used Saver Shipping so no extra cost for that either. I should have bought it from Bestbuy yesterday but figured if I missed it there that Amazon would keep it at that price for a couple of days after words and I was right.

[quote name='cdeener']I'll just have to wait a while because I ordered it from Amazon to save on sales tax and used Saver Shipping so no extra cost for that either. I should have bought it from Bestbuy yesterday but figured if I missed it there that Amazon would keep it at that price for a couple of days after words and I was right.[/quote]

yay for amazon to keep it's price after yesterday.

picked it up and will have it here by Thursday {Prime}!

yippie :bouncy:

Picked it up from Amazon -- def. don't mind waiting a while as I save on shipping, tax, and the time to get to Best Buy (which would have probably led to frivolous purchases on other things) :)

Thanks a bunch, OP!

And I'm glad I got in on this b/c Amazon is notorious for changing prices in an instant. Don't be surprised when this suddenly leaps back up to full retail. If you're on the fence -- don't wait. Amazon will likely raise it soon enough.

Remember when Robotech was approx. ~$35 at BB and Amazon matched it. That one changed fast ;-)
http://www.amazon.com/Robotech-Prot..._bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1220394231&sr=8-1

Rightstuf has had this collection at $29.99 on their weekly deals many, many times over the last few months. If you can't grab it now, just watch for their deals (change every Thursday).

[quote name='simpsonps121']$39.99 now.

Matthew[/QUOTE]

Not full retail but still ...

Hate to say I told you so, but ... I told you so ;-)

bread's done
Back