(DEAD) Dead Rising 2 - PS3 $14.90 - eligible for FSSS (UK Version)

Thanks OP, you beat me to it. This is the UK version by the way, should play without problems on US systems, but you won't be able to purchase any DLC from the US PSN store.

[quote name='erequena']Thanks OP, you beat me to it. This is the UK version by the way, should play without problems on US systems, but you won't be able to purchase any DLC from the US PSN store.[/QUOTE]

How do you know it's the UK version?

Thanks, OP. Just curious, can you still get trophies on this if you play it from a US PSN account?

[quote name='confoosious']How do you know it's the UK version?[/QUOTE]

I'm a wizard!

Plus I read the description:
"PS3. PS3 doesn't have regional restriction. Working perfectly on US machine. GIFT QUALITY RETAIL CASE. STANDARD 1ST CLASS SHIPPING(4 TO 7 DAYS) WITH FREE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION. UK Ver." It's hidden behind the 'Read more'

[quote name='jacknicklson']It says it in the description[/QUOTE]

Well I hope that means I have about 4-7 days to think about cancelling my order.

Hmm people are going to bitch about that lol. Is it normal for Amazon to fulfill crap like this? I mean your average joe ordering this game is going to think it's the regular US version. Oh well at least they'll be able to return it free if they want.

Anyway thanks again OP im in for 2. My Bro finally got a PS3 so he'll love to have a copy I'm sure.

[quote name='ploppsdman']It said on the buy page it was UK edition and that it would take 4-7 days to be shipped out.[/QUOTE]

It's fullfilled by amazon (basically, they have it on warehouse) so I wouldn't worry too much about that, specially if you have Prime.

And now it's gone

[quote name='ShockandAww']Hmm people are going to bitch about that lol. Is it normal for Amazon to fulfill crap like this? I mean your average joe ordering this game is going to think it's the regular US version. Oh well at least they'll be able to return it free if they want.

Anyway thanks again OP im in for 2. My Bro finally got a PS3 so he'll love to have a copy I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't mess around. They will always side with the buyer if your item doesn't 100% conform to the regular listing. (I've learned NEVER to sell anything as new on amazon if you don't have the full item. Such as a controller missing from a bundle or something. even if you state it 10x in your listing. That's what ebay is for.)

I'm pretty sure if I change my mind on the UK version, I can return it to amazon at their cost.

That is -- if this even ends up getting fulfilled. The last time I bought a "price mistake" (I think it was gohastings and crystal bearers for the wii), it was just outright cancelled.

But since this is fulfilled by amazon, it might actually get shipped out today.

fingers crossed.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Hmm people are going to bitch about that lol. Is it normal for Amazon to fulfill crap like this? I mean your average joe ordering this game is going to think it's the regular US version. Oh well at least they'll be able to return it free if they want.

Anyway thanks again OP im in for 2. My Bro finally got a PS3 so he'll love to have a copy I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

How do you get to return it for free!?!? I have prime and they always charge me 3.99 to return an item! :(

[quote name='WongTongSoup']How do you get to return it for free!?!? I have prime and they always charge me 3.99 to return an item! :([/QUOTE]
If it's the UK version you could just put "item not as specified" or whatever that return option is. Even though it technically is as specified, Amazon wont care as long as you dont make it a habit and they'll pay the return shipping. Again, dont make it a habit, because they absolutely will care if it's abused.

Basically if youre returning something just because you pay the shipping and if it's an issue on their end you can return it free.

[quote name='Geb']Thanks, OP. Just curious, can you still get trophies on this if you play it from a US PSN account?[/QUOTE]
You should be able to get all trophies no problem. I have a few games from the UK, and they are completely compatible with my US PSN account.

[quote name='ShockandAww']If it's the UK version you could just put "item not as specified" or whatever that return option is. Even though it technically is as specified, Amazon wont care as long as you dont make it a habit and they'll pay the return shipping. Again, dont make it a habit, because they absolutely will care if it's abused.[/QUOTE]

And they will ban you.

I always just suck it up and pay the postage if it's my fault. Since it's amazon, it's usually really reasonable.

[quote name='NewYorkelite']You should be able to get all trophies no problem. I have a few games from the UK, and they are completely compatible with my US PSN account.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. :) I always wondered if that was the case, but I've never purchased an import game. Hopefully this thing will ship.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I think we'll get the US version. The way that Amazon fullfillment works (I believe) is that they only 'fullfill' items that they regularly stock, but they fulfill only a limited quantity, and I don't think that they regularly stock the UK version, so.... fingers crossed! It's a good deal anyway, even if it's the UK version

[quote name='erequena']Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I think we'll get the US version. The way that Amazon fullfillment works (I believe) is that they only 'fullfill' items that they regularly stock, but they fulfill only a limited quantity, and I don't think that they regularly stock the UK version, so.... fingers crossed! It's a good deal anyway, even if it's the UK version[/QUOTE]

nope. each third party merchant "Rents" space at the amazon warehouses and they fulfill orders from each of these merchants. There's no general pool. So if this merchant is saying it's the UK version, it'll be the UK version. Unless the merchant is incorrect. Amazon just picks and ships.

[quote name='confoosious']nope. each third party merchant "Rents" space at the amazon warehouses and they fulfill orders from each of these merchants. There's no general pool. So if this merchant is saying it's the UK version, it'll be the UK version. Unless the merchant is incorrect. Amazon just picks and ships.[/QUOTE]

This, I picked up Plants Vs. Zombies fairly cheap right when the news hit about the Michael Jackson zombie being removed from the GOTY; turns out I got the UK version even though it was fulfilled by Amazon. I probably should've returned it but never bothered (didn't install it either since I had it on Steam but had been waiting to see if there were other tweaks done in the GOTY version).

[quote name='Nameless600']Trophies going to be available on UK version?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, someone answered that for me already. All indications point to yes. On another note, I'm wondering if this thing is region locked for online play. I hope I can play co-op with my friend who has the US version.

[quote name='confoosious']nope. each third party merchant "Rents" space at the amazon warehouses and they fulfill orders from each of these merchants. There's no general pool. So if this merchant is saying it's the UK version, it'll be the UK version. Unless the merchant is incorrect. Amazon just picks and ships.[/QUOTE]

Ah! thanks for clarifying that I always assumed that the vendor shipped their items to amazon, but at the time of selling Amazon just picked from an 'unsorted' pool of items (basically their general stock).

We'll see what happens

[quote name='WongTongSoup']How do you get to return it for free!?!? I have prime and they always charge me 3.99 to return an item! :([/QUOTE]

Dont use their label. Just pay for shipping your self at the post office

FYI: Play-Asia had this game(Asian version, also region free) for $22.90 and $24.90(w/ $3.90 shipping) just before the new year.

It's back up to $49.99 on there now though.:cry:

[quote name='PublikDefender']why the hell would you cancel your order???!!!
i wish i could get in on this.[/QUOTE]

Somehow I'd forgotten I have Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edtion on 360 I scored for $30 a month ago.

i got a shipping notification, currently it is held up in Nashville, TN since we are having inclement weather here in Alabama. hopefully get it tomorrow.

bread's done
Back