[Dead] Def Jam Vendetta 2 (Xbox) preorder $18 after coupon at EBgames.com

miriamleo

CAGiversary!
Def Jam Vendetta 2 for the Xbox is only 19.99 preorder at Ebgames.com.
But the PS2 version is 29.99, and the GC version is 49.99
I wonder if this is an error.
added by cheapyd
Use code DEAL315 to get 10% off pre-orders (ends real soon!) thanks Firebrand!
Cheap ass link (Xbox)

Scored this for $18 with the 10% off pre-order code that expires in a couple of hours. Thanks for the heads up. It's deals like these that make Cheapassgamer great. I only hope they honor their blatant mistake.

So this isn't actually going to be a budget MSRP when it comes out?

I went ahead and ordered it, just cause I'm curious to see what ends up happening.

I'm hoping they e-mail everyone whose order they cancel some sort of decent consolation offer. (Any idea if eb has a history of doing that?)

Got mine in too! Looks now, though. It's on the front page, but when you try to add it to your cart, nothing happens...let's hope the orders stick!

Ha ha, this deal is better than the EAstore deal ;)

Seriously, looks like our pre-orders are still good. $18 for the Xbox version and $27 for the PS2 version after coupon. No tax or shipping charges back then.

The bad news...looks like this is going to be full of gimmick matches as they took out the wrestling ring. Darn. I hope AKI can pull it off, but I rather this be a wrestling game than a fighting game.

At least you can create a fighter now, too.

You are totally jinxing us, jaybird. 8)

I would be mildly dissapointed if they cancelled these after waiting so long (if they were gonna cancel would be nice for them to have done it months ago), but what can you do?

[quote name='wubb']You are totally jinxing us, jaybird.[/quote]

I was afraid to bring this topic back up for that very reason, but we're so close to the finish line that I couldn't help myself.

I'm sure we'll all be getting cancellation notices within 24-hours. :wink:

Oddly enough, I checked my order status today & it says the game shipped 9/17/04.

It's not even supposed to release until 9/20/04! This should be interesting.

With all the delays that happened, the CC I used to order this is now expired. Fortunately my order is still intact, although it's on "hold" status. I'm gonna call tomorrow and straighten it out, so hopefully I'll get the game.

Got the same e-mail. Sweet! Mine was $18 because I used a 10% off any preorder coupon code they had at the time. (Just hope it's not a wind up...)

I also get a free bonus download of some dude I've never heard of's MP3. Whoopee!

Damn if anybody wants to sell their copy (Xbox) to me I'll give an 15 dollar Best Buy card and a 20 dollar EB code (when I get it) for it.

I got my order worked out, so I'm getting it for $18 too. For some reason, I feel a strong cheapass bond with you all. Every one of us took a risk many months ago, hoping it would pay off but expecting EB to cancel our orders. We weathered DJV's many delays, knowing in the back of our minds that our orders were outstanding and wondering what their final fate would be. The anticipation only grew as the final Day of Reckoning approached, only to see us: the few, the proud, the Cheapasses emerge victorious by fighting the good fight.

VIVA LA CHEAPASS!!

bread's done
Back