[Dead] DJKunai is awesome and 75% off ALL Video Game Items @ ALL Borders Books

[quote name='darkrage']I called a bunch of the Chicago stores, none are selling games.[/QUOTE]
they were clearanced a while ago. Like in 04, but it was just a bunch of budget PS2 games

Called 5 different Borders in southern California (San Diego) and when i asked if they sold video games they responded as if i was an idiot...Anyone know of any in this area that sell games? Or anyone willing to buy / ship me some games? And then have me pay by paypal or something?

Guitar hero mostly, but perhaps Kingom Hearts 1 & 2, 360 games, ds games, and psp games?

i jus picked up...

guitar hero - $35
pokemon emerald - $17

this is a freakin sweet deal.....

they had a whole mess of pokemon fire red and leaf green for $17 also

[quote name='Chomp On This']The Providence, RI store doesn't carry games... shame on you Providence Borders.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that. I was just about to make time i dont have to walk down there.

The Borders in Costa Mesa, CA sells videogames. Just picked up Guitar Hero, Battlefield 360, and a wireless 360 controller for $96. None of the games are marked, but be warned that the 50% is based on the original price from when the game was released. As of this morning, they still had 2 GH's left and some old PS2, GC, and Xbox games but nothing else worth mentioning.

No luck in the Cleveland area. I called Westlake, Beachwood, Cleveland Heights and Strongsville, none of which carry video games.

*sigh*

[quote name='oasisboy']Can you buy games online from their site?[/quote]
I don't think you can, I checked the site and didn't see any games on it.

[quote name='oasisboy']Can you buy games online from their site?[/QUOTE]
Their site is tied into Amazon, so not in the way you're thinking.

soo... anyone in the nyc area find anything? i see that theres a bunch of borders in manhattan. It would help if someone could take a ride down thereto check for us, rush hr and metro card fares are killin me.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']The one in San Diego Mission Valley is a no-go. Anybody try any other SD locations?[/quote]

I just said i called 5 different stores in san diego, none of wich sell video games.

Thanks OP!

I got a GC 1019 card, FE:SS, and Brain Age for $40.
They have lots of games at my local Borders, but they don't ever seem to mark them down, so they are more expensive than other places even at 50% off.
Pretty good deals on GBA games though (and Guitar Hero, if you can find it).

i called the ones in greater KC metro area and none carry games. one guy said they're available only in select areas around the country.

btw, Is PM FireRed and EmeraldGreen going to 19.99 price point this week anywhere/everywhere?

There is a Borders in the Santa Anita Wesfield shopping mall that sells games in Arcadia in SoCal. I wouldn't tip you guys off unless I've been through it first but since the soonest I can go there is this weekend might as well help out other CaGs.

They carry most titles, I've seen Halo2 CE sitting there for quite a while but its been a few months since I've went in there but still nobody even bothers to look at their game case.

Don't expect too much though, better to call and ask if its been cleared out yet and how many games they still have

Does anyone know if any of the stores in the bay area carry video games? I just called about 10 of them and...now I feel really stupid, haha.

[quote name='CaptainBlue']I just said i called 5 different stores in san diego, none of wich sell video games.[/quote] Thanks for letting me know. I knew for sure that the Carmel Mountain location doesn't sell videogames.

[quote name='wonton25']Can anyone confirm the 50% off on consoles?[/QUOTE]

An employee told me. I originally saw a sign that said games only, then found accessories rung up half off, and then one employee wished they still had 360s because consoles worked too.

[quote name='vietgurl']Does anyone know if any of the stores in the bay area carry video games? I just called about 10 of them and...now I feel really stupid, haha.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming none in San Jose? I guess I'll just save myself some time...

My borders had games, and the clearance was going on, but there was nothing worth it. Most of the games were sitll marked at full price (i.e. Midnight Club PSP was $49.99, and the 50% off would make it $24.99 which is still 5 dollars more then anywhere else). Only thing I thought about picking up was Tomb Raider for xbox360, but it would only be $29.99 which is the same price at www.bestbuy.com so I held off knowning it will drop in price everywhere else.

[quote name='joeLTron']OT: the wreckers do rule...michelle branch is so hottt:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

+1

Oh and thanks for the deal OP! I'm gonna call around tomorrow!

If the closest actual Borders weren't about a 20 min drive, I'd head over just to get out of the house for a bit...but whatever. I think some CAGs are gonna get lucky somewhat lol

[quote name='psychoxfoo']soo... anyone in the nyc area find anything? i see that theres a bunch of borders in manhattan. It would help if someone could take a ride down thereto check for us, rush hr and metro card fares are killin me.[/quote]

I was only able to check one Borders yesterday, but the one by Penn Station, they don't stock games. I'm gonna go check the others today

[quote name='Dark_Magus']I was only able to check one Borders yesterday, but the one by Penn Station, they don't stock games. I'm gonna go check the others today[/QUOTE]

Don't bother. I called pretty much every store in the NY metro area and none of them have ever carried games.

So do only select Borders in Cali sell games? Cause from the responses, that seems to be the only place anyone has been able to find them.

If you live in San Antonio, don't bother going to any of the stores. I called all three that showed up on the store locator and none sell video games. Kinda sucks.... but oh well, I'll live.

A little late, but I just called my borders and they have games!! I'm going at lunch to see what's left.

So, the big deals to look for are:

Consoles (yeah right)
Guitar Hero (possible)
360 wireless controller $25 (probably going to get this or maybe 2)

What else?

loooks like Cali is the only place for this deal. That's ok, Cali rarely gets the deals, it's nice to see them get in on the fun every once in a while

Los Angeles Area:
Northridge and Serman Oaks DO SELL GAMES. Not too much left, but a few decent games. Plenty of Pokemon to go around, lol.

bread's done
Back