[Dead] DJKunai is awesome and 75% off ALL Video Game Items @ ALL Borders Books

Mine used to sell games, and when they did, they had quite a few. Of course, I haven't been in there in over a year, so that may have changed. I'm headed out to check right now. (No need to call, because I'll be right across the street from them.)

EDIT: I sure did have crappy luck today. Ran to Borders, who had no videogames. I'm not sure how long ago they stopped carrying them. Went across the street to grab DDR SuperNova from BB, who said their truck wouldn't arrive until tomorrow. (WTF?!) Ran to Wal-Mart to grab a cheap blank VHS, and they were sold out of their cheap brand. I did grab Season 3 of Futurama for $20, but they were out of $20 Season 4, so I now have to make a trip to the other Wal-Mart across town. And then I had almost no gas in my tank, so I filled up and grabbed a blank tape from Meijer.

Phew. That was OT. :lol:

Heck, I'll take a 360. I'll pay the amount + shipping + something else for your troubles, like more money... or a Beanie Baby.

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone check the Michigan stores? Not sure if they sell games....[/quote]

I called around the dearbourn area and westland and a few of the ann arbor stores and none of them said they carry games. I gave up after about 8 places.

I called all around the LA area and several stores confirmed they had been selling the 360 50% off! BUT they're all gone now, and no worthy games left.

[quote name='Bravelionheart']Anybody in Illinois have any luck? Could really use a 360 for $200... :cry:[/QUOTE]
join the club

Snagged a Guitar Hero in Westwood. Thinking of keeping it for a X-Mas gift, but shoot me a PM if you're interested in trading for it.

I haven't scanned them to check if they're on sale (because this hasn't been publicized by HO), but the Dallas Lovers Lane store has 3 slim PS2s out back...

Ok i went to borders today, no signs no nothing

They had a Xbox 360 wireless controller and the guy told me it rung up at 49.99 >_>

Was he lying to me or is it YMMV

last time I was on vacation (June'06), we dropped into the Borders in Santa Monica, CA (on the 3rd street promenade I think)

I was really surprised to see games being sold there! it was in one of the upper floors. yes, current gen titles; WAY over-priced. didn't remember seeing consoles though, but I wasn't looking for them.

yeah, I'm NOT driving over 800+ miles round trip for that!

------------------------
edit: here's the location

Borders
1415 3rd Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-393-9290

correction: just mapped it, it's 680+ miles round trip. nah!

------------------------
2nd edit: oh...just read violentlee's posts #26 & #29

yup, what he said.

[quote name='Weedy649']Ok i went to borders today, no signs no nothing

They had a Xbox 360 wireless controller and the guy told me it rung up at 49.99 >_>

Was he lying to me or is it YMMV[/QUOTE]

I would guess he was lying. When I bought my Guitar Hero, the tag said $69.99 but it automatically came up $35. Go back when someone else is working, have them pull it, go up to pay for it, if it comes up on sale...woohoo, if not just tell them nevermind.

Also, if they have 2 I would gladly buy one from you or possibly trade. :)

Hmm, i guess the guy did a price check instead of ringing it up, so partly my fault.

The borders near my college had signs all over the gaming section, this one had no sign whatsoever. The cashiers didnt even know about it, so im guessing thats why there was so much stuff there(a bunch of psp games too but i ownd most)

So long story short, i got my 360 wireless controller 25 new and just in time since i got my 360 2 days ago ^^. Hotwls sorry but they only had one controller :(

Should this be at all Borders? I mean I know a place that has them but they say that they are not on sale. I think they just did a price check but wouldn't that bring up the right Price ?

This is after asking the GM and Manager

[quote name='Animeguy']Should this be at all Borders? I mean I know a place that has them but they say that they are not on sale. I think they just did a price check but wouldn't that bring up the right Price ?

This is after asking the GM and Manager[/QUOTE]

This is all borders

a few post up i ran into the same problem, price checks arent gonna work, you gotta buy it. If anything buy it then return it the next day, but the 50% will go through.

Most of the employees didnt even know at my borders, no signage up or anything. Take advantage of that while you can because that means your borders could have some gems

I can tell you that after trying a few BINC numbers on the register down here, I couldn't get the PS2, 360 or any game BINC to ring discounted.

I can confirm price checks do no good. The one I asked for on Friday came up at full price. I went back again today after reaading more here and the items did indeed ring up at 50% when processing it as a transaction.

I managed to score what looked like the last Guitar Hero (thanks OP).

I found lots of games at the Borders in Waterford, CT. The prices on them, even at 50% of genneraly are horrible. All the games are stickered at 100% retail, from when the game was originally new. Maybe they ring up cheaper at the registers, but I did not bother to try. Example - Destroy all Humans - I think it was still stickered at 49.99. Even at 50% off, it was no deal. I was hoping to find a Kingdom Hearts II, but no luck.

The store had PS2, original xbox, PSP, and DS games. I did finally scrounge up 3 xbox 360 games, but was not interested in any of them. I left the biggest finds behind the counter when I left though because I did not want one, nor wanted to go through the hassel of buying to resell (or running up the CC for that matter either).

Behind the counter when I left today was:

3 PSP's
1 DS (silver - not lite)
1 SP (forgot color though)

I know from other posts there are others CAGS in this area, so one or two of you can run down there and grabs these finds. I thought I would pass along the info. Maybe if one of you manage to grab one you'll pass along some regional info about a sale to me one day since I am usually a week or two behind learning about these deals when they happen.

Biscuit

I thought about being greedy,

by the time i was able to get to one the selection was kinda crappy. but from what i remember they never really did have great selection. but was able to pick up halo 2 for $25.

[quote name='Grumpy Junglist']but was able to pick up halo 2 for $25.[/quote]

that's half off of their price on halo 2??? halo 2 (reg edition) is 19.99 at game crazy brand new.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']that's half off of their price on halo 2??? halo 2 (reg edition) is 19.99 at game crazy brand new.[/quote]Yeah, you totally screwed yourself over. Halo 2 is really cheap.

i saw halo 2 for 19.99 at bestbuy as well.. i still would not pay that much for it. preorders for halo 3(xb360) are out on amazon.com

[quote name='Grumpy Junglist']by the time i was able to get to one the selection was kinda crappy. but from what i remember they never really did have great selection. but was able to pick up halo 2 for $25.[/QUOTE]

I think the limited edition is $5 at TRU right now if you can find it.

omg, everyone here is extremely lucky. Does anyone know of any Borders in the Dallas area that SELL GAMES? It's driving me nuts that none do.

Yeah, I picked up a few things as well since it's 75% off.

I got a Gamecube Platinum Controller for $5, Pokemon Leaf Green for $8.75, and a Gamecube Gameboy Player for $12.50

Might go back and see what else I might want.

got a decent amount today, got real world golf for 17
and a bunch of ds games like meteos for 7.50
not sure why I picked up mgs2 substinance for xbox for 3.75....

but yeah good deals abound

Went out to the Pasadena location today to see if they had anything left after that 50% markdown and such.
I felt pretty lucky! no idea what I was gonna find, got ahold of some nice gaming stuff.

XBox Live 12month Kit (with crimson skies) - 17.50
Nintendo Gameboy Player - 12.50
Doom 3 (xbox) - 10.00
Spyro: A hero's tail (Xbox) - 7.50

Some stuff is left.. didnt have a whole lot to begin with (its disperesed all through the store. Some on the top floor, some behind the register, some just... somewhere else.

When was this deal origionaly posted, and its still good? If so ill have to call all 4 borders near me tommorow to see if any are still selling games.

If anyone wants to thank me for originally posting, could someone please pick me up a GameBoy Player? I'll pay $20 for one shipped. Thanks in advance (GameBoy Advance, lol).

Picked up Kirby Canvas DS for $8.75, Katamari PSP $10, Drakengard 2 PS2 $4.25, and Full Metal Alchemist 2 $5 at the Torrance, CA store. Not too shabby.

bread's done
Back