[DEAD] Donkey Konga w/ bongos $15 at Wal-Mart B&M (YMMV)

dark_inchworm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I meant to post about this a week ago, but I haven't had the time. Anyway. After stopping at my local Wally World at about 11 PM Friday night, I noticed that they had cut Donkey Konga from $50 to $25 and then to $15. I didn't ask about it, but my Splendid Logic leads me to believe that it takes up way too much shelf space and sells very slowly. So I took advantage of this good offer. And after checking in again just yesterday, they still had a really large portion of their stock.

Maybe it's just my Wal-Mart, but 'ey, why not check your own?

Also, they had the bongos themselves for $15 as well.

(btw, I really really doubt any of you will pass through there, but the Wal-Mart in question is in Hohenwald, TN)

What the hell?? Geezuz man, I would very kindly have asked you if you could get it for me and I'd give you extra cash but I bought this a while ago from some trade ins. I bought an extra set of Bongos too. Damn.

I will check this out. I've got two sets, but would gladly pay $30 for two more. Donkey Konga multiplayer is a blast!

Hmm, that's about a 160 mile round trip for me. I gotta decide if it is worth the trouble, especially since there is a risk they'd be gone before I got there. What else is in Hohenwald? Also, is there any chance you'd be willing to pick up a couple up for me, and I will drive down to get them. I'd just hate to waste the gas and end up empty-handed.

hmm, it'll be a lot of work to get my parents to make the extra distance to Wal Mart tomorrow, but for that price, it's worth a shot (especially since my mom wants Donkey Konga)

EDIT: Would it be safe to say that IF (big if) this is real and I found it, I should pick up a bunch for all the CAGs?

For real.. Guessed if you get more than one, i'll pay you on the spot for it.. $15 for the game with bongos is an amazing deal.. I wonder if it's like that at this wal-mart here..

[quote name='polaricecaves']stop begging and start searching/driving/interacting[/quote]

Well someone shoot me because my WalMart has them for $50... :roll:

PS: I forgive you. :)

[quote name='polaricecaves']stop begging and start searching/driving/interacting[/quote]

Well there's no point since Walmart sales are YMMV 99% of the time

[quote name='guessed']Hmm, that's about a 160 mile round trip for me. I gotta decide if it is worth the trouble, especially since there is a risk they'd be gone before I got there. What else is in Hohenwald? Also, is there any chance you'd be willing to pick up a couple up for me, and I will drive down to get them. I'd just hate to waste the gas and end up empty-handed.[/quote]

For the money you'd spend on gas, you might as well just buy it for $50.

[quote name='TJordan522']I'll PayPal you $25 for one. And throw in a surprise game![/quote] :rofl: It's that Aquaman game, right?

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92'][quote name='guessed']Hmm, that's about a 160 mile round trip for me. I gotta decide if it is worth the trouble, especially since there is a risk they'd be gone before I got there. What else is in Hohenwald? Also, is there any chance you'd be willing to pick up a couple up for me, and I will drive down to get them. I'd just hate to waste the gas and end up empty-handed.[/quote]

For the money you'd spend on gas, you might as well just buy it for $50.[/quote]

Gas prices are insane, but they aren't that high. 160 miles is less than $10 in gas. I have things to do, but a roadtrip might be nice.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='TJordan522']I'll PayPal you $25 for one. And throw in a surprise game![/quote] :rofl: It's that Aquaman game, right?[/quote] :whistle2:$

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='TJordan522']I'll PayPal you $25 for one. And throw in a surprise game![/quote] :rofl: It's that Aquaman game, right?[/quote]
It could be worse.
Like, a Mary Kate and Ashley game :p

[quote name='shadow9689'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='TJordan522']I'll PayPal you $25 for one. And throw in a surprise game![/quote] :rofl: It's that Aquaman game, right?[/quote]
It could be worse.
Like, a Mary Kate and Ashley game :p[/quote]

You might think so, but you have obviously never played Aquaman. :wink:

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='TJordan522']I'll PayPal you $25 for one. And throw in a surprise game![/quote] :rofl: It's that Aquaman game, right?[/quote]

I was actually thinking more along the lines of my Kmart Metroid Prime, since he obviously had a GC for Donkey Konga.

But anyone who is interested in Aquaman, let me know! [-o

[quote name='guessed']Hmm, that's about a 160 mile round trip for me. I gotta decide if it is worth the trouble, especially since there is a risk they'd be gone before I got there. What else is in Hohenwald? Also, is there any chance you'd be willing to pick up a couple up for me, and I will drive down to get them. I'd just hate to waste the gas and end up empty-handed.[/quote]
Hah, man, there's nothing in Hohenwald. Small town. If you do end up making the drive, I'd gladly pay you for a copy; it's easier for me to drive through Nashville than to get to Hohenwald.

negative42sa.jpg

Man, I'm glad I don't live in the middle of nowhere like you guys do. There's literally every retail store and restaurant imaginable within 5 minutes of my house.

im gunna check this out tonight or tomarrw (i think my roomates said something about a walmart run later)

if they do have them (dont count on it) ill buy the whole stock and hook you guys up.

[quote name='Ebraum']
negative42sa.jpg
[/quote]

Put that can away buddy, guessed just arrived there and they have 'em for 14.99! They have 12. Guessed is getting a lot of 'em.. one for TJ, one for punq, two for me, and one for swick!

EDIT: Nevermind. He's an hour away, but they have them, and he will pick up five.. two for me, then one for punq, one for TJ and one for swick.

Was it marked that way on the shelf? Or did you have an employee scan it. It's not worth the risk for me if I have to deal with the junior college inbreeders that work at Walmart.

[quote name='evilmax17']Was it marked that way on the shelf? Or did you have an employee scan it. It's not worth the risk for me if I have to deal with the junior college inbreeders that work at Walmart.[/quote]

Well, at least at your Walmart they speak English.

I checked West Norriton and they didn't have ANY - which means they might have cleaned them out already, because that's a pretty popular game not to be carried.

Jeremy

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Ebraum']
negative42sa.jpg
[/quote]

Put that can away buddy, guessed just arrived there and they have 'em for 14.99! They have 12. Guessed is getting a lot of 'em.. one for TJ, one for punq, two for me, and one for swick!

EDIT: Nevermind. He's an hour away, but they have them, and he will pick up five.. two for me, then one for punq, one for TJ and one for swick.[/quote]

Well, if that is confirmation then Congrat's. Great find!

He called and the guy counted stock.. let's hope the asshat didn't buy them all. I do believe there will be a bit of scanned receipt-ness going on later tonight, if it all pans out.. which hopefully it does.

I called 4 different wal-marts that I've seen them at in the past month or two. One wal-mart had them in for $50 and the other 3 didn't have the game or bongos, so this could be true.

[quote name='nonggame']Not in LV area ( I just check) btw, the Walmart I went to still have PSone LCD for $129 ... :shock:[/quote]

That's a funny sig.

[quote name='Scorch']
guessed just arrived there and they have 'em for 14.99! They have 12. Guessed is getting a lot of 'em.. one for TJ, one for punq, two for me, and one for swick!

EDIT: Nevermind. He's an hour away, but they have them, and he will pick up five.. two for me, then one for punq, one for TJ and one for swick.[/quote]

Whoa! That's awesome. Thanks for remembering me guessed!! :D

I dunno. I lost contact with him 30 minutes ago, I think his phone died or he got out of service.. can't get in contact with him. Last thing I heard was Wal-Mart had 14 in stock and he was 30 minutes away. I'm going to bed.. i'm sure he'll reply to this thread before I do, unless he txts me in the next five minutes or so

Just got a txt from him..

txt 1: "there is no sprint there"

my reply: "how did you fare at WalMart?"

txt 2: "as i walked in, i saw a kid checking out with one"

(i swear if some fucker sniped us on this deal..)

my reply: "just one?"

txt 3: "sure is a good thing I had asked them to put 7 behind the counter when I called"

txt 4: "Rcpt doesn't show game's name though"

my reply: "So you got all 7?!"

txt 5: "Also jet black first party GC controllers were $5"

txt 6: "I got a few of those, too"

DUDE.. OP! You RULE! 7 Donkey Kongas and new controllers for 5 bucks! I still can't believe guessed just drove that far.. but he made out like a fucking bandit.

bread's done
Back