*DEAD* Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Lost Planet 3, DmC: Devil May Cry, Resident Evil REvelations for $19.99 @ Capcom.com

That old thread's OP doesn't mention Dark Arisen at all so all you junior mods can go fuck yourselves.

Thanks, OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care that it's a repost.  I care that the OP thinks Best Buy price match should be in the title.  based on his explanation, every thread should have best buy price match in it because some best buy has stupid employees.  For that matter, why not list everything as Target price match and walmart price match?  What ridiculously bad logic.

come into this thread looking for a best buy price match.. found nothing.

I don't care that it's a repost. I care that the OP thinks Best Buy price match should be in the title. based on his explanation, every thread should have best buy price match in it because some best buy has stupid employees. For that matter, why not list everything as Target price match and walmart price match? What ridiculously bad logic.

come into this thread looking for a best buy price match.. found nothing.
Yeah, I don't like any deal thread that revolves around price matching but $19.99 Dark Arisen made up for it.

That old thread's OP doesn't mention Dark Arisen at all so all you junior mods can go fuck yourselves.

Thanks, OP.
I agree with this. I even looked at the other thread a few days back and it didn't mention anything about Dragons Dogma, and that's a game i've been looking for. Without this thread I wouldn't have known about the sale on DD Dark Arisen and would have missed out. So for what it's worth.. Thanks OP!

well hopefully by now folks should know if their bb will price match this.  I no for certain mine won't since they do things by the book but other stores may be smart about it since if capcom is selling these games lower than retailers than chances are retailers will end up selling for that price eventually.  

I don't know why people would bother price matching at BB if this has FS and a free bobble head for Dark Arisen.  I'm sure you could resell the bobble head for 10-15 bucks too if you wanted.

Thread title is extremely misleading

Says for 19.99 at Capcom/Best buy but come into the topic and its a best buy price match. Which is really unnecessary for a topic title and YMMV anyways

I can see why some people are pissed

Dark Arisen is currently available for the 360 (don't look at the linked list, just search for it on their website) for $19.99 w/free economy shipping and a stupid free bubble buddy.  You can't remove the bubble buddy from your cart even if you want to :oldman:

Best Buy price matching in the topic title means that you have to physically go to a store and socially interact with a human being and politely ask them if they would be willing to match Capcom.com. Oh, and it is YMMV because you might encounter somebody with the same douchey attitude as most CAGgers!
For the love of god it's CAGs not CAGgers. Cheap Ass Gamers not Cheap Ass Gamergers

Thanks for the heads up OP. I don't give a shit about the thread title, and to be honest the games listed I either already have or don't want. I say thanks for the contribution, it is in the spirit of the community here, is it not? Who gives a damn how the thread title is formatted or whatever, I'm sure it was made in good faith with good intentions. Either go for the deal, or don't. If something like that truly makes you angry then you're a sad sack of shit. I suppose some folks just aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about. /rant

Thanks again, OP

lol. Anyways, my Best Buy doesn't match this, so not a deal for me.
No bestbuy should, since it isn't one of the companies they say they will match. So no matter how nice or rude you're, the odds of getting the match is pretty low. Possible, but not to the point where it deserves another thread or even being mentioned.

Best Buy price matching in the topic title means that you have to physically go to a store and socially interact with a human being and politely ask them if they would be willing to match Capcom.com. Oh, and it is YMMV because you might encounter somebody with the same douchey attitude as most CAGgers!
Yes because it is reasonable to spend your time and gas to go to a store, and politely ask them to price match a website THEY DO NOT PRICE MATCH. Also apparently doing your job is "douchey".

PM shouldn't be YMMV anyway. Just follow store policy and PM should be honored without question. I think ppl just sick of the YMMV PM crap based on nice/newb/high employees. It's been going for a long time and doesn't help any of us. Nothing against OP's effort to post deals.

PM shouldn't be YMMV anyway. Just follow store policy and PM should be honored without question. I think ppl just sick of the YMMV PM crap based on nice/newb/high employees. It's been going for a long time and doesn't help any of us. Nothing against OP's effort to post deals.
"Store Policy" is that they do NOT pricematch capcom... They do not just pricematch every website "legit" or not. The OP thought it brilliant enough to put it in the TITLE "best buy price match" when they do not, and SHOULD not, match the price whatsoever, so that people get misinformed, and be lead to believe the opposite.

1. thread is for capcom.com pricematch at bestbuy for games that are backordered

2. describing how to price match in person because its so difficult to understand, even though their policy is to NOT

price match online only retailers

3. CAGgers

its like you want everyone here to hate you.

1. thread is for capcom.com pricematch at bestbuy for games that are backordered
2. describing how to price match in person because its so difficult to understand, even though their policy is to NOT
price match online only retailers
3. CAGgers

its like you want everyone here to hate you.
Someone remind me to press "Like" on this post.

I decided to place an order and hope it ships. I think this is the price I paid for vanilla DD and wanted to wait for a cheaper price on Dark Arisen, but free APO shipping drew me in.

PM shouldn't be YMMV anyway. Just follow store policy and PM should be honored without question. I think ppl just sick of the YMMV PM crap based on nice/newb/high employees. It's been going for a long time and doesn't help any of us. Nothing against OP's effort to post deals.
Online or In Store: Find a Lower Price and We'll Match It.

If you find a lower price on a qualifying product at a local retail competitor's store or a designated major online retailer, we will match the price. At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Rakuten.com Shopping, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com.

What is considered a local retail competitor?

A local retail competitor for retail store purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) of your local Best Buy store. A local retail competitor for BestBuy.com purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) as either the billing address or the shipping address on record for the purchase.

What if the competitor does not have the item in stock or has limited quantities of the product?

Sometimes a qualifying competitor will advertise a product in ads and on its website as having limited quantities in stock. If the item is out of stock or the competitor has advertised as limited quantities of an item, it is not eligible for price matching. Likewise, if Best Buy has a product that is advertised as being limited in quantity it will not be eligible for price matching.

Do you see Capcom listed? Nope, thus it's YMMV. Now you might be able to slip in or talk someone into doing Toys R Us (which also isn't listed), but you're going to be fighting an uphill battle getting Capcom's store.

As far as the YMMV stuff goes... a lot of is people trying to get deals that they really shouldn't. Like back in the day Toys R Us dropped some collectors editions down to like $10 dollars, which people tried to match. Some stores followed policy (they had to call local area TRU to verify they were in stock and rang up for that price), where as other people matched the website. This happens a lot and is where the YMMV stuff comes from. That and a lot of the people telling you that you're wrong, ACTUALLY read the policy over assuming that you can match Mitches1dollargames.com, where they sell games for $1 dollar with BestBuy without any sort of hassle.

I think people are misreading psihog's post. I had to read it twice. I believe he is saying that PM is not really YMMV because there is a clear policy and if stores follow it, the results should always be the same. In this case, capcom.com is not on the list, so there should be no PM. It's only YMMV to the extent that some small minority of clerks who don't know the policy or don't care will do the PM, which doesn't help the majority of CAGs.

How do you tell if a given game is back-ordered? Do they tell you outright on the site?
The item will say backordered on the site BEFORE you put it in your cart. Once it is in your cart it will not say if it is backordered or not. Also nothing in your order details will tell you if the item is backordered.

Good news is if they don't ship it for a few days the pending charge should fall of your account. Bad news is that I wouldn't put it past Digital River to tell you they can't cancel your order----and then the items ship a month later and you get charged at that time.

Does you guys got shipped for your order that you placed last week? I ordered lost planet when it is not back ordered. But it is not yet shipped.

my order hasn't shipped either, maybe digital river is trying to steal my money!
you better pray not, it is an uphill battle trying to get a refund from digital rivers. type the key words digital river refund in google search, you will find tons of horror stories.

Yes with Digital River you're lucky to see the games in a month.  Add Backordered items on top of that, and this was not a deal for the impatient.

How many people have received their cancellation or shipping notifications yet? 

I unknowingly ordered duplicate orders via paypal last week since after I submitted same order twice,  I got a red error message.  I didn't even know the orders went through until I noticed my paypal money was taken out.  I needed to cancel one and wanted to keep the other.  I tried their horrid customer service and emailed them, but have gotten no confirmations on the cancellation or order being shipped and now I wish I never ordered anything at all from their poorly run website and digital river involvement.  What  :censored:   :twoguns: 

How many people have received their cancellation or shipping notifications yet?

I unknowingly ordered duplicate orders via paypal last week since after I submitted same order twice, I got a red error message. I didn't even know the orders went through until I noticed my paypal money was taken out. I needed to cancel one and wanted to keep the other. I tried their horrid customer service and emailed them, but have gotten no confirmations on the cancellation or order being shipped and now I wish I never ordered anything at all from their poorly run website and digital river involvement. What :censored: :twoguns:
I ordered my Dragon Dogma: DA games on Thursday Oct 3rd and they are still processing. As I mentioned in one of these threads, I called and the free Bobble Buddy Pawns are on backorder. I asked that they just ship the games and not worry about the Bobbe Buddy but they said it's a bundle and they have to ship together. Looks like we eill have a decent wait on our hands.

Did anyone get charged for their orders yet? Like..... I was charged initially, and now it's gone. So is the charge going to pop back up again at some point? Was it a pre-authorization hold?

Did anyone get charged for their orders yet? Like..... I was charged initially, and now it's gone. So is the charge going to pop back up again at some point? Was it a pre-authorization hold?
You should mention when you made the purchase.

My money from the Monster Hunter 3 stuff I ordered is gone. Simple authorizations don't do that.

You should mention when you made the purchase.

My money from the Monster Hunter 3 stuff I ordered is gone. Simple authorizations don't do that.
I made the purchase on October 7th. I was charged right away. They took the money out of my account but it's not showing up on my online statement. :/ So does that mean if they double charge, there's no proof of this?

I mean, it showed the charge at first, but now it's just gone.

So you mean that there is no record of you even paying for it in the first place?

Did you use PayPal? I can see it under my PayPal and I think that even if it disappears from my bank records, that I can still prove that I bought things from the store.

Maybe it depends on your bank. I doubt that Digital River will double charge.

Well, I have the e-mail with the total and everything. I'm not sure, my bank is weird. I've noticed that sometimes charges will disappear and then they'll show up again days later. But it's been gone for like a week. It showed up shortly after I initially placed the order. Maybe it'll show up again on there when it ships. I didn't use paypal, I just used my mastercard.

This whole charge showing up and disappearing and reappearing thing has only happened to me one other time. I don't particularly like it.

Call up your bank just to be sure that it still exists in the system but you can't see it.

I hope all our stuff ships soon. This is ridiculous. I don't want to tell the tale of the mystery package I got from the Capcom Store one month later.

bread's done
Back