(DEAD) EA Sports Active Free when you trade in 3 select Wii games* - exp 6/7/09

guessed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
* - or, "Slickdeals took our list of BB clearance games, and all we got was this stupid thread"

Link to deal details

Link to SD discussion

The list isn't really that great, but it does include Guitar Hero III, which is on sale at BB for $9.99 (if you can find it). It also includes the obligatory Wii Fit w/ Balance Board, that no one in their right mind would trade in for the equivalent of $20.

If you find a good flip on the list, post it in this thread, please.

Qualifying Games:

A-G:
Active Life Outdoor Challenge w/ Mat
Animal Crossing: City Folk (game only)
Baja 1000: Score International
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Big League Sports
Bigs, The
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Bolt
Boom Blox
Broken Sword: The Director's Cut
Bully: Scolarship Edition
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009
Cabela's Legendary Adventures
Call of Duty: World at War
Carnival Games
Carnival Games: Mini-Golf
Castlevania: Judgment
CID the Dummy
Cooking Mama: World Kitchen
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
DDR: Disney Grooves (game only)
DDR: Hot Party (game only)
DDR: Hottest Party 2(game only)
Dancing with Stars: We Dance
de Blob
Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop
Deadly Creatures
Deca Sports
Destiny of Zorro
Don King Boxing
Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast
Endless Ocean
Excitebots: Trick Racing (game only)
ExciteTruck
Ferrari Challenge
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes...
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Ford Racing Off-Road
Game Party II
Godfather: Blackhand Edition
Godzilla Unleashed
Guitar Hero III (game only)
Guitar Hero III/Aerosmith (2 discs)
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Guitar Hero: World Tour (game only)

H-N:
Hannah Montana: The Movie
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Hasbro Family Game Night
Hell's Kitchen
High School Musical 3: Senior Year
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific
Hooked (game only)
House of the Dead: Overkill
Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 2009
Karaoke Rev: Idol Encore (game only)
Karaoke Rev: Idol Encore 2 (game only)
Kororinpa: Marble Mania
Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warrior
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
LEGO Batman
Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Madden NFL 2009 All-Play
MadWorld
Major League Baseball 2K9
Major Minor's Majestic March
Mario Kart Wii (game only)
Mario Party 8
MarioPower Tennis - New Play Control!
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Monopoly
Monster Jam
Monster Jam: Urban Assault
Monsters vs Aliens
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Moto GP '08
MX vs ATV: Untamed
My Fitness Coach
My Sims
My Sims Party
Nascar Kart Racing
NBA Live 09 All-Play
NCAA Football 09 All-Play
Need for Speed: Carbon
Need for Speed: Undercover
Nerf-N-Strike (game only)
NHL 2K9
NPPL Championship Paintball 2009

The rest:
Petz Rescue Wildlife Vet
Pikmin - New Play Control!
Pitfall: Big Adventure, The
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Price is Right
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
Quantum of Solace
Rapala Fishing Frenzy (game only)
Rapala Tournament Fishing!
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Ready 2 Rumble: Revolution
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Rock Band (game only)
Rock Band 2 (game only)
Rock Revolution
Rune Factory: Frontier
Rygar: The Battle of Argus
Shaun White Snowboarding
Sim Animals
Sim City Creator
Sing It (game only)
Skate It
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
Star Wars: Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins
Think Fast
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 All-Play
Trivial Pursuit
Wario Land: Shake It
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
We Cheer
We Ski
We Ski & Snowboard
Wii Fit w/Balance Board (Required)
Wii Music
Worms: A Space Oddity
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009
X-Men Origins: Wolverine The Game

They've already disqualified 23 of the games, and removed another. I crossed them off the list. Also, some of the games on the list may not exist.

Offer expires 5/10/09 5/31/09 6/7/09 (the offer page still shows 5/10/09, but the trade-in specials page shows the new date of 5/31/09, which makes more sense), game comes out 5/19/09.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well game party II is $15, HotD $20 at GS today only

BBV has Wario Land Shake Boom blox, and de blob- $20, Mario Striker $15

So 3 copies of game party if they allow it?

[quote name='BowserClownCar']Well game party II is $15, HotD $20 at GS today only

BBV has Wario Land Shake Boom blox, and de blob- $20, Mario Striker $15

So 3 copies of game party if they allow it?[/quote]

They are very unlikely to take 3 copies of the same game, but it is up to the manager. Who has Game Party II for $15? The HotD in the Deal is Overkill, not 2&3 Returns. Overkill is $50. Also, I thought BBV sent those games back? I have no idea about that, since all of the BBVs in my area are franchise stores and therefor never have any good game deals.

[quote name='zalman']I don't understand this...[/quote]

I think it refers to a Guitar Hero III & Aerosmith Bundle, but I am unfamiliar with such a beast. I just transcribed it as it was written.

[quote name='BowserClownCar']Gamestop has Game pary II for 15 until 5/3[/quote]

I had forgotten that it was part of the Game Days sale. Good call.

[quote name='gomikeoh']This will surely hit bargain bins in the future.[/quote]

Doesn't everything?

[quote name='iowaholdem']This *doesn't* come with a balance board, right?[/quote]

It does not come with a balance board, I don't even think it uses the balance board at all. It comes with a resistance bang and a leg strap that holds the nunchuck.

does that mean i get ea sport active for free, plus i still have the trade in credit ?
i never trade in anything to GS b4

[quote name='acyw13']does that mean i get ea sport active for free, plus i still have the trade in credit ?
i never trade in anything to GS b4[/quote]

Sorry I kinda LOLed at that. Of course you don't get the trade in credit+free game. It's one or the other. If that were the case GS wouldn't be as rich as they are.

[quote name='guessed']I think it refers to a Guitar Hero III & Aerosmith Bundle, but I am unfamiliar with such a beast. I just transcribed it as it was written.[/QUOTE]

Walmart exclusive last holiday season. There was a Wii 2-Pack with GH3 and Aerosmith and a 360 two pack with GH 2 and Aerosmith.

[quote name='LegolasFett']Sorry I kinda LOLed at that. Of course you don't get the trade in credit+free game. It's one or the other. If that were the case GS wouldn't be as rich as they are.[/quote]

Yeah, if it were this way, GS would be where Blockbuster is right now. They used to do that kind of thing. Man, I miss those days... :cry:

Well I learned a valuable lesson today - never walk into GS with sealed games! I was going to trade in a copy of GHIII I got from BBY, but they wouldn't take it. Going back tomorrow.

[quote name='Sarrasis']Well I learned a valuable lesson today - never walk into GS with sealed games! I was going to trade in a copy of GHIII I got from BBY, but they wouldn't take it. Going back tomorrow.[/quote]

Yeah, been there. I had a few games, but 1 was still sealed. I tried to open it right there, but they said I would have to leave the store & return with the opened game. So I stood right outside the door looking in, unwrapped the game, returned to the counter, traded in my games. Feeling like this was a little crazy, I gladly pre-ordered some random title. As soon as the transaction was done, I said I wanted to cancel my pre-order. I was waiting for them to tell me I needed to leave the store again, but no, they just cancelled the pre-order & gave me $5 cash. Such is gamestop.

[quote name='progman3']Yeah, been there. I had a few games, but 1 was still sealed. I tried to open it right there, but they said I would have to leave the store & return with the opened game. So I stood right outside the door looking in, unwrapped the game, returned to the counter, traded in my games. Feeling like this was a little crazy, I gladly pre-ordered some random title. As soon as the transaction was done, I said I wanted to cancel my pre-order. I was waiting for them to tell me I needed to leave the store again, but no, they just cancelled the pre-order & gave me $5 cash. Such is gamestop.[/quote]

That's not too surprising, they want to legally protect themselves from being accused of accepting stolen games.

[quote name='guessed']

It does not come with a balance board, I don't even think it uses the balance board at all. It comes with a resistance bang and a leg strap that holds the nunchuck.[/quote]

From what i've read, the balance board is optional. There are additions to each exercise if you do have it though. (ie: incorporating stepping onto the board in the cardio boxing routine)

I have RZ GC from BB. Thinking picked up Rock Revolution for 360/PS3 version = $21.XX after taxes and monsters Jam for $5 at TRU. All under $30 for EA sports Actions $60-ish. I may return Sports Active and get $60-ish credit and pick few cheapass $20-ish games or less :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']I have RZ GC from BB. Thinking picked up Rock Revolution for 360/PS3 version = $21.XX after taxes and monsters Jam for $5 at TRU. All under $30 for EA sports Actions $60-ish. I may return Sports Active and get $60-ish credit and pick few cheapass $20-ish games or less :)[/quote]

The deal is only for Wii games. Rock Revolution Wii is $9.99 used at Blockbuster though if you can find a copy. I believe the 360 and PS3 versions finally followed last week.

At Target....Sea Monsters is $12 and Endless Ocean is $14. Can't think of a third. However, I do want to try both of them anyway.

FYI - earlier today I was told by the local GS manager that this promotion was extended through the end of the month - however the website is not showing it as being extended as of now. There was a new slick page at the GS store that had the updated list of games accepted (looked like the same list minus the 2 disqualified titles, did not check super extensively so maybe there is more difference than jus that), so hopefully the manager is correct and this promo has been extended.

Picked up NHL 2K9 for 10 at Target and Ford Off Road Racing for 10 at Toys R Us. Bully at BB for $10.

Go in tomorrow for my trade.

ThanX OP.

The trade-in page on the Gamestop Web site now lists 5/31 as the expiration.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/

If you need an extra game or two for the trade, here are some options.

Gamestop $15 each (YMMV):
Game Party 2
Godzilla Unleashed

These games have gone back up to full price on the web site, but if your store still has a Game Days bin at the front of the store, there's a decent chance you can still find these cheap. I bought Godzilla at lunch today because I needed a third game, but they had several copies of Game Party 2 as well.

Some other options:

Newegg:
Lost in Blue: 15.99 free ship
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878133055

Game Party 2: $16.99 free ship
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878137026

Tenchu: $16.99 free ship
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878147156

Best Buy:
Guitar Hero 3: $9.99 plus tax and ship (or free in-store pickup)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...+hero&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1218013390202

[quote name='autche']FYI - earlier today I was told by the local GS manager that this promotion was extended through the end of the month - however the website is not showing it as being extended as of now. There was a new slick page at the GS store that had the updated list of games accepted (looked like the same list minus the 2 disqualified titles, did not check super extensively so maybe there is more difference than jus that), so hopefully the manager is correct and this promo has been extended.[/quote]

[quote name='D. Monic']The trade-in page on the Gamestop Web site now lists 5/31 as the expiration.

[/quote]

Thanks, I'll update the OP with the new end date. I was waiting for them to update the date on the page with the list, which is why I didn't update when autche posted it, but this is good enough.

Yeah, closest thing I could find was Ford Offroad Racing for 10, like 20 copies of it, then a big pile of stuff that isn't on the list.

[quote name='diddy310']Yeah, closest thing I could find was Ford Offroad Racing for 10, like 20 copies of it, then a big pile of stuff that isn't on the list.[/quote]

Ford Racing Off-Road may not qualify anymore. It was on the original list, but it looks like they posted a new image of the list without it (which is pretty strange, since the new image still has Major Minor and Bleach: Shattered Blade, both of which are disqualified). I've crossed it off my list in the OP.

[quote name='guessed']Ford Racing Off-Road may not qualify anymore. It was on the original list, but it looks like they posted a new image of the list without it (which is pretty strange, since the new image still has Major Minor and Bleach: Shattered Blade, both of which are disqualified). I've crossed it off my list in the OP.[/QUOTE]

That sucks I'm going to head over there now.

Edit: just got denied on Ford Racing.

Luckily stopped by Best Buy picked up GH3, will go back later and hopefully get this f'n game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='D. Monic']The trade-in page on the Gamestop Web site now lists 5/31 as the expiration.

If you need an extra game or two for the trade, here are some options.

Gamestop $15 each (YMMV):
Game Party 2
Godzilla Unleashed

These games have gone back up to full price on the web site, but if your store still has a Game Days bin at the front of the store, there's a decent chance you can still find these cheap. I bought Godzilla at lunch today because I needed a third game, but they had several copies of Game Party 2 as well.

Some other options:

Newegg:
Lost in Blue: 15.99 free ship
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878133055

Game Party 2: $16.99 free ship
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878137026

Tenchu: $16.99 free ship
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878147156

Best Buy:
Guitar Hero 3: $9.99 plus tax and ship (or free in-store pickup)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...+hero&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1218013390202[/QUOTE]
Big League Sports is another one that can be found for pretty cheap.

Does this offer not work towards reserving a copy of the game? I just went into the store to take advantage of this offer and the clerk told me i had to wait till it came out because i couldnt use the offer on reserving a copy. Has anyone else run into this problem?

[quote name='bkasten12']Does this offer not work towards reserving a copy of the game? I just went into the store to take advantage of this offer and the clerk told me i had to wait till it came out because i couldnt use the offer on reserving a copy. Has anyone else run into this problem?[/QUOTE]

I've had the same issue with similar trade-in deals in the past. Possibly it can't be done, but my guess is it is an issue of lack of employee training. Has anyone been able to do it yet, or is everyone being told to wait?

Not as big of a savings as i would like, but still like 17 dollars off after GH3 from Best Buy, and Rygar and NCAA from Gamefly

I picked up Tiger Woods 08 from Kmart in Lodi NJ for $10. Had a bunch in the case if that helps anyone out.

So I went hunting yesterday and found Rapal Tournament Fishing at Blockbuster for $7. I also got NCAA Football All Play for $10 total on eBay and My Sims for $12 total.

That means once those games arrive in the mail I can get EA Active for $29 total, a savings of $31 dollars before tax. Not too shabby. Thanks everyone for the ideas and suggestions.

I tried EA Active at a Best Buy Rewards Event last night and it was pretty fun, though the band seemed pretty cheap. It was like a big balloon tied to two handles.

Long story, but I traded SingStar in that I had gotten for $15 at Target to BB for $36. Got a few things there that I flipped to Gamestop for little loss of about $31 in credit. Got Godzilla and Pitfall at Gamestop for $33 (Pitfall was $17.99 after Edge, Godzilla $14.99 as part of the GameDays sale). And then added Bully, which is $9.99 at Blockbuster.

So all-in-all, paid about $27 (15+2+10) for EA Active. Not too shabby either. Wife had wanted it and it actually does look like more fun than Wii Fit.

Got the Flyer today "Trade in three Participating wii games and get $59.99 toward your purchase of EA Sport Active"

Hurry, Offer Ends June 7.

Perfect timing for Buy 2 get 1 free deal :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']Got the Flyer today "Trade in three Participating wii games and get $59.99 toward your purchase of EA Sport Active"

Hurry, Offer Ends June 7.

Perfect timing for Buy 2 get 1 free deal :)[/QUOTE]

For anyone thinking of using the B2G1 deal to acquire games for the EA Active deal, the following are all $19.99 used at Gamestop.

Tenchu
Bully
Baja 1000
Pitfall

So basically three eligible games would cost you $40 (before Edge discount and tax). The trick might be to find a store with three of those games in stock. My closest store actually has all four so I'm in good shape.

Alternatively, all but Bully are in stock online, but you'd have to be confident that the free shipping (via the SAVER code) would get the games to you by the 7th. I suppose for a few bucks more you could upgrade the shipping, which might bump the total to $42 or $43. That still might be worth it considering you'll be trading those games for brand new $60 game.

Good luck!

[quote name='D. Monic']For anyone thinking of using the B2G1 deal to acquire games for the EA Active deal, the following are all $19.99 used at Gamestop.

Tenchu
Bully
Baja 1000
Pitfall

So basically three eligible games would cost you $40 (before Edge discount and tax). The trick might be to find a store with three of those games in stock. My closest store actually has all four so I'm in good shape.

Alternatively, all but Bully are in stock online, but you'd have to be confident that the free shipping (via the SAVER code) would get the games to you by the 7th. I suppose for a few bucks more you could upgrade the shipping, which might bump the total to $42 or $43. That still might be worth it considering you'll be trading those games for brand new $60 game.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

Dangit! I just bought this game on Wednesday, and I already opened it up. I could've saved $26 if I had waited a few days. :bomb:

Sounds like a good deal. Might go pick this up. My store has Game Party 2 and a few other the $19.99 games. I'd be paying with credit anyway. Win-Win.

[quote name='RCS0926']Dangit! I just bought this game on Wednesday, and I already opened it up. I could've saved $26 if I had waited a few days. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Buy those games with edge and b2g1 and then trade them in to get the ea active game then return the sealed ea active you just got with your old recipt to get you money back.

[quote name='sadunk']They will ban you for that. Think it'd be linked to your Edge card.[/QUOTE]

You may be right about that Sadunk. Like I said though, I know a bunch of CAGS took advantage of that situation a few months back. I guess it would be a do at your own risk type of thing.

[quote name='sadunk']They will ban you for that. Think it'd be linked to your Edge card.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bgame2']You may be right about that Sadunk. Like I said though, I know a bunch of CAGS took advantage of that situation a few months back. I guess it would be a do at your own risk type of thing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bgame2']Is anyone else having flashbacks to buying/returning skate city heroes about 5 times a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm not the only one that has thought of doing that. My Edge card expires this month, in just a couple of days, so I had thoughts of going on a big flipping spree, then cashing out with flips to Game Crazy or somewhere else.

I figure I can flip my beginning balance of $90 credit into $300-400 pretty quickly this weekend with the B2G1. Anyone know of good to even flips for Game Crazy or even Blockbuster?

bread's done
Back