[DEAD]Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon (Xbox 360) $9.99 w/free shipping @Newegg

Fun game with friends, a lot of people slept on this one.

Hopefully the Japanese come out with a proper sequel though or bring over those PSP ones. EDF 2017 was mind blowingly awesome.

EDF 2017 is simple and fun. I think they made a mistake by making Insert Armageddon to be "more polished"... even though 2017 may lack depth, it is the fact that it's so simple and yet addictive it will keep you engaged for hours.

Somehow the publisher viewed the simplistic and somewhat repetitive gameplay as a bad thing, and changed the basic formula too much with IA.

Must've put a hundred hours into this game over the course of half a year before finally retiring it. Even though 2017 was better, this one was also a blast to play.

I played 2017, it felt like 3rd person shooter of Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Warriors Orochi... meaning not for everyone.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I played 2017, it felt like 3rd person shooter of Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Warriors Orochi... meaning not for everyone.[/QUOTE]

I enjoy Dynasty Warriors a lot, but that's really a lazy comparison. The games play and feel nothing like each other IMO. I guess they are similar because it is tons of baddies to kill, but after that the games have very different dynamics.

The first EDF was better, but this one is great too. Still haven't finished, but the best coop I've played in a while.

Thanks OP.
gbhujnmk

I got this game for $8 and I didn't think it was worth that. Played 2 local co-op missions and found it very boring and repetitive. Just my 2¢

[quote name='Bosamba']Back on sale again.[/QUOTE]

And for $10 this time around! I'm gonna call a friend and see if he wants to do some co-op.

I picked this up a while back to play co-op with my 10 year old son. It was enjoyable enough, and was worth the money. He has since introduced a bunch of his friends to it, so I'll have to let their parents know about this deal.
Only problem with it is that it lacks a proper ending.

....or should I just say "lacks an ending" Period.

bread's done
Back