[DEAD]Expired BestBuy August @Gamer Magazine coupons

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
LAST WEEK COUPONS EXPIRE this Saturday 8/27
Page 84 has a barcode to scan for in-store sub
Coupons valid 6/30-8/27 Batman Arkham City is the cover
$5 single issue, $15 yearly sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps like this current issue)
Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1311428443197&lsid=12040840271037193&vid=2
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/G...id=1311428755626&lsid=12040840271037193&vid=3

link provided for those who still have issues getting stores to allow the coupons to stack, BB Corp response
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/td-p/307388

BB Corp response to getting GoW triple pack for FREE not $9.99
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/td-p/307388/page/2

FYI:For those not able to find TDU2 in stock...if your a RZ silver member give the sku to a BB personal shopper & let them track down a copy for you IT'S FREE.

****The coupons stack w/SALES PRICES****
****Price Matching DOES NOT STACK w/@gamer coupons****
****Even my VERY VERY generous local BB's will say no 1 or the other****

So when a $60 game like Dungeon Siege goes on sale for $40 stacking the coupon makes the final price $25. I'll update the OP as sales change & the title will reflect the lowest price AFTER COUPON has been taken off.

$10 off Test Drive Unlimited 2($20 after coupon)
$15 off Dungeon Siege III($45 after coupon)
$5 off ANY Stategy guide
$15 off Resistance/Resistance 2 double pack($25 after coupon)
$15 off Xbox live Gold 12 month starter kit($60 after coupon)
$30 off turtle beach headset DX11(On sale for $110, $80 after coupon)
$20 off Gears of War Triple pack when you ALSO pre-order($5) Gears of War III(this stacks with the $100 RZ offer)Total purchase should be $5 + tax after coupon
$10 off Sims 3 Generations[PC]($30 after coupon)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AcidRain25']Picked up the new issue yesterday. All coupons are valid 6/30/11-08/27/11. And the last 2 coupons on OP are save $10 off The Sims 3: Generations (PC) and $5 off any strategy guide.[/QUOTE]Dammit to hell these are the coupons they want to last for 2 months. I would rather the 50% off coupon last that long. The only thing this guarentees is that dunegeon Siege III will definitely be on sale for a great price at some point $40-$15=$25. Hopefully, they take the extra time to make sure the next wave of mags are the $hit from now on since the stack & give a really great value to the people their gonna be tryin to get to pay for the new paid GS like program. If so, I can deal with a subpar mag since it'll work out better in the long run gotta think about the "greater good".

[quote name='musicjunkie']If all rung together you're looking at
Gears 3 preorder - $5
1yr @gamer sub - $10
current issue of @gamer mag - $0
Gears triple pack - $10 (after coupon is scanned)

So yeah you're looking at about $25 before tax. I will make sure and confirm this when the mag is on the shelves this Sunday but there's no reason all that shouldn't stack no prob.[/QUOTE]

So I did this yesterday and it did require a manager override. Everything rang up right up until the the last part where they scanned the $20 off the triple pack coupon and it said "can't be combined with another offer" so they the had to to a manager override. I got it all for $25, but this is a YMMV deal.

[quote name='AcidRain25']So I did this yesterday and it did require a manager override. Everything rang up right up until the the last part where they scanned the $20 off the triple pack coupon and it said "can't be combined with another offer" so they the had to to a manager override. I got it all for $25, but this is a YMMV deal.[/QUOTE]

Could you just do a separate preorder? Im thinking of preordering Gears of War 3 and buying the mag, then getting another preorder for the 5 for 100 and use the coupon to get it. Then just cancel the other preorder later.

Ive never owned the GOW games, and I have a friend who would play horde I think with me. I think its worth the 10 and 10 for the mag, I have to find SOMETHING that I could later down the road. Im probably gonna stick with my preorders with Best Buy.

I have been looking for an excuse to pick up TDU2...that midnight sale for $10 really should have been it I just didnt grab it. Shame on me.

I really wanna spend the 20 bucks to get it, however, I just spend a shit ton of money on more videogame items this month and will really want to be saving for what is going to be an onslaught of awesome releases within the next 3-4 months

I have been looking for an excuse to pick up TDU2...that midnight sale for $10 really should have been it I just didnt grab it. Shame on me.

I really wanna spend the 20 bucks to get it, however, I just spent a shit ton of money on more videogame items this month and will really want to be saving for what is going to be an onslaught of awesome releases within the next 3-4 months

Does anybody know if you price match something, can you also use the coupon. For example price match resistance dual for $30 and then you the $15 coupon as well to make it $15.

[quote name='ratedpg131987']Does anybody know if you price match something, can you also use the coupon. For example price match resistance dual for $30 and then you the $15 coupon as well to make it $15.[/QUOTE]

Very YMMV. They call it double dipping and it is sposed to not happen as it is their corporate policy. If you get it done great, if not then don't be mad.

The best way I have gotten it to work (yes you could call it sketchy) is you have them use the coupon first then tell them you saw it cheaper and if they could price match. If they get the PM approval the coupon normally stays on. It just depends on if the manager or associate recognizes to take it off. Most of the time they just go "oh I didn't know you could use both" then just check you out as most cashiers just treat their job as a job.

[quote name='ratedpg131987']Does anybody know if you price match something, can you also use the coupon. For example price match resistance dual for $30 and then you the $15 coupon as well to make it $15.[/QUOTE]It can be done but not like that, you gotta use the coupon to get it down to $25 & buy it. Then hope is goes on sale elsewhere for $20 or $15. Best chance with this game is to hope it goes on sale @ BB then use the coupon. I get YMMV pm's but even this wouldn't fly at my BB.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']Can you use the Resistance coupon and the buy 2 get 1 free?[/QUOTE]if they scan the coupon the pc will ignore the b2g1 altogether unless you get more than 3 games.

does the "gears of war 3" pre-order discount on the "triple pack for gears of war" work with the b2g1 free?

[quote name='karyadi']does the "gears of war 3" pre-order discount on the "triple pack for gears of war" work with the b2g1 free?[/QUOTE]

if you only get 3 games the coupon will work & negate the b2g1. "Package deals" won't stack...you can tell it's a package deal by the "stars" around the specific items.

can we print out a coupon and use it? i personally think the bestbuy gamer mag is not that great and its pretty much a deal killer if i have to buy that individual issue just for the coupon.

[quote name='sinned47']can we print out a coupon and use it? i personally think the bestbuy gamer mag is not that great and its pretty much a deal killer if i have to buy that individual issue just for the coupon.[/QUOTE]

@ sinned47- that's if u can find someone to post the coupon.

so what happens if u dont get your preorder game?

[quote name='The Punisher']@ sinned47- that's if u can find someone to post the coupon.

so what happens if u dont get your preorder game?[/QUOTE]

Contact customer service

[quote name='ckim85']Can bestbuy pm gs $49.99 and use the gamer coup?[/QUOTE]

probably not, its either you use the coupon or you get the PM, not both

[quote name='sinned47']i personally think the bestbuy gamer mag is not that great and its pretty much a deal killer if i have to buy that individual issue just for the coupon.[/QUOTE]I could care less about the mag it's all about the coupons. It doesn't make sense to buy just 1 mag anyways grab the sub for the discounted price(when avail) sell coupons that you don't like for less then the cost of an individual mag($2-$3) if you only sell one $2 coupon per mag you actually make $ plus the savings from the coupons you use.

I remember seeing those posts of people who passed on the $10 sub & when they had Batman AA GOTY($15 after coupon), 3rd B-day ($25 after coupon just weeks after it came out) & tomb Raider collection($25 after coupon) wishing the got it. Hell just last month AC:B $15, DA2 $15, NFS HP2 $20 & that's on top of the 50% off used game coupon. People were buying multiple copies of the mag just to get extra coupons.

BB is patterned retailer...this is what'll happen

1-games that are a month or so old will pop up in the mag $10-$20 off
($10 off $40 games, $15-$20 off $60 games)
2-these will overlap with the current cycle of $40-$50 sale prices which happen a little later at BB then say kmart & this is where the mag pays for itself in 1 month. Most people will wind up scoring Dungeon Siege III for $25-$30 with this months coupon.
3-games that "flop" & drop to $40 MSRP fast become bargain basement in < 6 months.
Look at Duke Nukem if there was a $20 off coupon in this months mag people would score duke for $20 new. This strategy is made for games like vanquish, Two Worlds 2 & TDU2.

Do the coupons stack with the current B2G1 deal? I was thinking of getting Dungeon Siege 3 and using the coupon.

[quote name='jdeec']Do the coupons stack with the current B2G1 deal? I was thinking of getting Dungeon Siege 3 and using the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Most people have been saying it's one or the other. Double-dipping is the exception and not the norm. Even for the mag coupons that normally stack.

This may be obvious to everyone but me ... and may have already been mentioned. But because @gamer only has 10 issues, these coupons are good until the end of August. For me personally, I'm not going to be picking anything up with these until the very last part of August, when I could definitely see a few of these titles having price drops in order to make room for the heavy hitters coming out in Sept-Nov.

[quote name='etcrane']This may be obvious to everyone but me ... and may have already been mentioned. But because @gamer only has 10 issues, these coupons are good until the end of August. For me personally, I'm not going to be picking anything up with these until the very last part of August, when I could definitely see a few of these titles having price drops in order to make room for the heavy hitters coming out in Sept-Nov.[/QUOTE]yeah, makes sense that this would be the time to extend the mag period that way each month Sept-Jan gets a fresh set of coupons during the busiest time if year.
I agree with waiting till the end...somewhat. It would be foolish to pass up Dungeon Seige III for $20 or TDU2 for $10 if they were to go on sale for next week in hopes that it MIGHT go lower by months end. Take the great deal when it's presented otherwise you could end stuck w/the same deals as right now debating should you buy just so one months worth of coupons don't go to waste.

Really wish that 50% off used game coupon was during this extend month or another type of used game deal though.

[quote name='Enuf']yeah, makes sense that this would be the time to extend the mag period that way each month Sept-Jan gets a fresh set of coupons during the busiest time if year.
I agree with waiting till the end...somewhat. It would be foolish to pass up Dungeon Seige III for $20 or TDU2 for $10 if they were to go on sale for next week in hopes that it MIGHT go lower by months end. Take the great deal when it's presented otherwise you could end stuck w/the same deals as right now debating should you buy just so one months worth of coupons don't go to waste.

Really wish that 50% off used game coupon was during this extend month or another type of used game deal though.[/QUOTE]

Really wish there was another half off coupon...
I picked up some great games last go around!

[quote name='aznhero913']Really wish there was another half off coupon...
I picked up some great games last go around![/QUOTE]

Same here, that was definitely one of the best coupons they've had.

[quote name='aznhero913']Really wish there was another half off coupon...
I picked up some great games last go around![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']Same here, that was definitely one of the best coupons they've had.[/QUOTE]

I'd bet last month was their best month ever for total subs, total mags sold & total coupon usage. It won't surprise me at all if there's a huge focus give to them from this point forward. Plus they have all this extra time to increase their used game stock & put more coupons in the fall mags.

Considering their new program that will mirror GS & includes the @gamer mag it makes sense to start of with a "bang" & since people are paying for the mag anyways the deals could really be insane.

Are there subscribers still waiting for the July mag? I still haven't seen it, and still pissed I never got June and missed out on some good coupons. I contacted CS and all they could do was add a month to my sub. :p

[quote name='etcrane']For me personally, I'm not going to be picking anything up with these until the very last part of August, when I could definitely see a few of these titles having price drops[/QUOTE]Scratch that TDU2 $10 & Dungeon Siege III $25 starting next week.

[quote name='Justin42']Are there subscribers still waiting for the July mag? I still haven't seen it, and still pissed I never got June and missed out on some good coupons. I contacted CS and all they could do was add a month to my sub. :p[/QUOTE]took me a while to get July's but June's was here early for me.

Wow, has this coming Sunday's BB ad been posted already? Those are amazing prices for TDU2 and DS3. Thanks for the heads-up, Enuf! Time to plan to wake up early on Sunday and be at BB to grab those 2 games.

EDIT: Any idea when the BB @Gamer coupons expire? Have not bought a copy of the mag for some months now...

[quote name='Justin42']Are there subscribers still waiting for the July mag? I still haven't seen it, and still pissed I never got June and missed out on some good coupons. I contacted CS and all they could do was add a month to my sub. :p[/QUOTE]

I have a question about this also. I signed up for a new subscription on June 24th so I think the chances of getting the magazine in time are slim for the DS3 game. If I bring in my receipt to BB will they allow me an in-store coupon? I do not absolutely need DS3 but $25 is pretty cheap for being released one month ago.

[quote name='Justin42']Are there subscribers still waiting for the July mag? I still haven't seen it, and still pissed I never got June and missed out on some good coupons. I contacted CS and all they could do was add a month to my sub. :p[/QUOTE]

I was about to ask the same thing! I subscribed well over a month ago, and still haven't seen my new issue!

Hmm, has anyone had any luck stacking the 2 dungeon siege coupons? $25 is a good price but with a month and a half left with the coupon, I have to wonder if it might pull an AC:B and drop to $15 at some point in August since the game's sales have been somewhat mediocre.

[quote name='sgaldis']I was about to ask the same thing! I subscribed well over a month ago, and still haven't seen my new issue![/QUOTE]

Same here! Grrrr. . . .

[quote name='danh920']yeah lets get a scan, I got 1 last month off sd and scored da2 for $15[/QUOTE]

Using the scanned copies is YMMV. After last month's screw-up when @gamer accidentally posted a PDF of the coupons, BB corporate sent out a memo to all stores notifying them only to accept the magazine versions. I had hit/miss luck with using the printed versions at several stores near me, as some employees could tell right away and others used it with no problem.

I smell a conspiracy, I subscribed last month and have not received my current magazine. I'll grab the pitchforks and someone else bring the torches and lets head to the offices of @Gamer!

[quote name='sgaldis']I was about to ask the same thing! I subscribed well over a month ago, and still haven't seen my new issue![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I haven't received July either, the 2nd time an issue has had issues...

[quote name='etcrane']Hmm, has anyone had any luck stacking the 2 dungeon siege coupons? $25 is a good price but with a month and a half left with the coupon, I have to wonder if it might pull an AC:B and drop to $15 at some point in August since the game's sales have been somewhat mediocre.[/QUOTE]

I was able to pull a PM for both Shift and Dragon Age 2 when they went on sale...then 2 week later (while the coupon was still good) dropped further. Had to explain why it was lower at the CS desk
he just pointed out that both games I bought were for the lower price, which I had to point out the coupon used....not a big deal
, but it went through without an issue.

[quote name='mgford11']fuck that shit...tdu at $10 when it's backordered from the midnight sale all the way into august[/QUOTE]

I am confused here. The reason it will be $10 is due to the instore coupon that you can use to drop it to that price...

So being OOS online doesn't mean that you can still get the game in store for $10

[quote name='joshnorm']I am confused here. The reason it will be $10 is due to the instore coupon that you can use to drop it to that price...

So being OOS online doesn't mean that you can still get the game in store for $10[/QUOTE]

Check the store inventories and youll see it's a barren landscape. Peoples backorders were for ship to store orders which pull from store stock 1st

[quote name='hebrewhammer587']I smell a conspiracy, I subscribed last month and have not received my current magazine. I'll grab the pitchforks and someone else bring the torches and lets head to the offices of @Gamer![/QUOTE]

At 2 stores near me I spoke with a manager o the gaming department stating that I hadn't received this months and I wanted the GoW bundle and didn't want to buy a mag since I should have had one sent in the mail. I simply asked if it was at all possible to scan one of the mags coupons and use that. He spent a minute, looked up that I bought the sub and said sure. I didn't know if I should post this or not for obvious reasons, but the manager confirmed they had a massive influx in subs/sales last month that put entering new info, printing and shipping behind. Don't go in expecting this, but it seems that they at least knew something about the problem at the stores near me and were trying to help those that have a legitimate claim.

The reason I asked at 2 sufferer stores was because their computers went down at the first and they couldn't reprint my GoW3 preorder to tack it on to get the coupon to go through.

Hey guys. I'm really interested in getting Dungeon Siege III for the PS3, but I don't have a BB near me. If someone could hook me up, I'd trade them a sealed copy of Infamous 2.

[quote name='warpedsoul']Hey guys. I'm really interested in getting Dungeon Siege III for the PS3, but I don't have a BB near me. If someone could hook me up, I'd trade them a sealed copy of Infamous 2.[/QUOTE]

Thats a hell of a deal! If I didnt alreay have I2 I would take you up on that offer.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']At 2 stores near me I spoke with a manager o the gaming department stating that I hadn't received this months and I wanted the GoW bundle and didn't want to buy a mag since I should have had one sent in the mail. I simply asked if it was at all possible to scan one of the mags coupons and use that. He spent a minute, looked up that I bought the sub and said sure. I didn't know if I should post this or not for obvious reasons, but the manager confirmed they had a massive influx in subs/sales last month that put entering new info, printing and shipping behind. Don't go in expecting this, but it seems that they at least knew something about the problem at the stores near me and were trying to help those that have a legitimate claim.

The reason I asked at 2 sufferer stores was because their computers went down at the first and they couldn't reprint my GoW3 preorder to tack it on to get the coupon to go through.[/QUOTE]

I would not worry about posting this. I think as long as you can prove you got a new subscription in the last month or so that it is completely legitimate to ask for an instore copy or to scan the coupon. If my magazine is not here by Sunday I am planning on doing the same thing for DS3. I have a good relationship with my BB so I hope it won't be an issue.

Edit: I also think if your issue has not arrived and you have been a subscriber for awhile it is also ok. You cannot control the shipping of these mags so why should a person have to opt out of a deal they already paid for.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I would not worry about posting this. I think as long as you can prove you got a new subscription in the last month or so that it is completely legitimate to ask for an instore copy or to scan the coupon. If my magazine is not here by Sunday I am planning on doing the same thing for DS3. I have a good relationship with my BB so I hope it won't be an issue.[/QUOTE]

The reason I was worried because I seems if one person can do it on forums, some less smarter people go in and argue till their blue in the face saying that this one person got it and I deserve to get it also. See amazon threads for my worry. Too many people call and just continue complaining till they get what they want, even I they don't deserve it.

[quote name='mgford11']Check the store inventories and youll see it's a barren landscape. Peoples backorders were for ship to store orders which pull from store stock 1st[/QUOTE]

I got irritated enough after seeing both of my local stores having TDU2 in stock that I posted on the Best Buy Customer Service board. Their reason basically stated that if the in store stock drops below a certain number that the order then becomes either ship-to-store or home delivery instead.

Long story short, corporate gave me two options: either help to track the status of the order or mailing me a $20 gift card after buying the game for $30 in store. I will be buying the game in store today & will wait the arrival of the gift card...

I smell a conspiracy, I subscribed last month and have not received my current magazine. I'll grab the pitchforks and someone else bring the torches and lets head to the offices of @Gamer!

Best Buy is not responsible for the subscriptions, Future, the publisher of the magazine is. You can go either here or call 1-800-678-3643 regarding your subscription....

Now I'm confused, there is stickied thread that claims Xbox Live Triple Pack will be $10 and this thread says it will be $10 after coupon. I guess I'll have to wait until Sunday to find out which is more accurate.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']The reason I was worried because I seems if one person can do it on forums, some less smarter people go in and argue till their blue in the face saying that this one person got it and I deserve to get it also. See amazon threads for my worry. Too many people call and just continue complaining till they get what they want, even I they don't deserve it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I totally get that. I still have my receipt from last month so I am just going to show that. It is unfortunate when a few people will try to get things they are not entitled to but hopefully BB will be lenient on this.

bread's done
Back