[DEAD]Expired BestBuy August @Gamer Magazine coupons

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
LAST WEEK COUPONS EXPIRE this Saturday 8/27
Page 84 has a barcode to scan for in-store sub
Coupons valid 6/30-8/27 Batman Arkham City is the cover
$5 single issue, $15 yearly sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps like this current issue)
Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1311428443197&lsid=12040840271037193&vid=2
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/G...id=1311428755626&lsid=12040840271037193&vid=3

link provided for those who still have issues getting stores to allow the coupons to stack, BB Corp response
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/td-p/307388

BB Corp response to getting GoW triple pack for FREE not $9.99
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamer-Coupons-question/td-p/307388/page/2

FYI:For those not able to find TDU2 in stock...if your a RZ silver member give the sku to a BB personal shopper & let them track down a copy for you IT'S FREE.

****The coupons stack w/SALES PRICES****
****Price Matching DOES NOT STACK w/@gamer coupons****
****Even my VERY VERY generous local BB's will say no 1 or the other****

So when a $60 game like Dungeon Siege goes on sale for $40 stacking the coupon makes the final price $25. I'll update the OP as sales change & the title will reflect the lowest price AFTER COUPON has been taken off.

$10 off Test Drive Unlimited 2($20 after coupon)
$15 off Dungeon Siege III($45 after coupon)
$5 off ANY Stategy guide
$15 off Resistance/Resistance 2 double pack($25 after coupon)
$15 off Xbox live Gold 12 month starter kit($60 after coupon)
$30 off turtle beach headset DX11(On sale for $110, $80 after coupon)
$20 off Gears of War Triple pack when you ALSO pre-order($5) Gears of War III(this stacks with the $100 RZ offer)Total purchase should be $5 + tax after coupon
$10 off Sims 3 Generations[PC]($30 after coupon)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Joe Fongul']Future, the publisher of the magazine is. You can go either here or call 1-800-678-3643 regarding your subscription....[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I tried to log in but since I have not actually received my first magazine I am not sure I can access my information. Once I get it I will register though.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thats a hell of a deal! If I didnt alreay have I2 I would take you up on that offer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is. I just wish someone would take me up on it, lol.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Now I'm confused, there is stickied thread that claims Xbox Live Triple Pack will be $10 and this thread says it will be $10 after coupon. I guess I'll have to wait until Sunday to find out which is more accurate.[/QUOTE]

The deal in the sticky thread is for the XBLA triple pack (limbo, Trials, Splosion man) This coupon is for the gears of war triple pack.

Holy crap. I just called and they claim that the store never sent them any information that I had purchased a subscription to the magazine. So now, I have to go to Best Buy and tell them that they need to "forward my info" to @gamer so that I can start receiving the subscription that I paid for on June 4. I let the lady know that I could not believe that if I had not called I never would have known about this. Naturally she blamed the entire situation on Best Buy. If I were you guys, and you haven't received a mag, I would call.

A few questions -

1) Do the coupons have your name on it or can a friend use it if they wanted to?
2) Do you have to be Rewards Zone member to get that pre-order 5 games and get the $100 credit in return?
3) How much is the Redwards Zone membership and how long is it for?

Thanks.

[quote name='dan77733']A few questions -

1) Do the coupons have your name on it or can a friend use it if they wanted to?
2) Do you have to be Rewards Zone member to get that pre-order 5 games and get the $100 credit in return?
3) How much is the Redwards Zone membership and how long is it for?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

1. No name anyone can use as long as you are a RZ member.
2. Yes
3. Free and "forever"

[quote name='cancerman1120']1. No name anyone can use as long as you are a RZ member.
2. Yes
3. Free and "forever"[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply. Just one more question. How much does the Gamer mag subscription cost and how long is that for? Thanks.

[quote name='dan77733']A few questions -

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

To elaborate on cancerman. He was righ on everything, but to get the 5/$100 you have to be an RZ member AND a gamerclub member. Gamerclub is just a subset of the RZ membership. It is optional normally and you have to sign up seprerately. Oh and both are free

[quote name='dan77733']Thanks for the quick reply. Just one more question. How much does the Gamer mag subscription cost and how long is that for? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

$5 per mag Or $15 for a year sub. There was a deal that if you preordered GoW3 then you got $5 of a yr sub, which is what i did. Some reporting that that deal is dead though.

Well, I got Dungeon Seige III for $39.99 (blind buy) with the Buy 2 Get 1 promo at Amazon. Plus two other $39.99 games for the promo to work, I ended up basically just paying $26.65 per game. No tax and free ship too.

The BB deal is definitely better if you don't want to buy any other game.

Oh okay. $15 for 12 months isnt bad. Even if I only use $15 worth of coupons in a year, it will give me back the $15 so no biggie.

I just signed up for the Rewards Zone and will do the mag subscription in a few minutes too. There's four games im buying from that list anyway so mine as well just add a fifth one and get $100 credit in return.

Thanks Jimmie.

[quote name='bgame2']Holy crap. I just called and they claim that the store never sent them any information that I had purchased a subscription to the magazine. So now, I have to go to Best Buy and tell them that they need to "forward my info" to @gamer so that I can start receiving the subscription that I paid for on June 4. I let the lady know that I could not believe that if I had not called I never would have known about this. Naturally she blamed the entire situation on Best Buy. If I were you guys, and you haven't received a mag, I would call.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, I'll be calling them later. I started my subscription on June 7 as well and haven't got my magazine yet. Will update on what they say.

Edit: Just called them and I was told that they got my order on June 28 and that I have to wait 4-6 weeks before receiving my 1st issue. That's like mid August even though I put in the subscription on June 7. She said it was Bestbuy's fault for not sending in the order in right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bgame2']Holy crap. I just called and they claim that the store never sent them any information that I had purchased a subscription to the magazine. So now, I have to go to Best Buy and tell them that they need to "forward my info" to @gamer so that I can start receiving the subscription that I paid for on June 4. I let the lady know that I could not believe that if I had not called I never would have known about this. Naturally she blamed the entire situation on Best Buy. If I were you guys, and you haven't received a mag, I would call.[/QUOTE]

Gosh dammit I have a feeling that this is what may have happened. I did order it late though (mid June) so who knows. The BB employee tried to sell me a subscription for $19.99. I ignored her instead of correcting her and went to another employee who took my information.

[quote name='estofan']EDIT: Any idea when the BB @Gamer coupons expire? Have not bought a copy of the mag for some months now...[/QUOTE]coupons are valid 6/30-8/27

Huh?[quote name='mgford11']fuck that shit...tdu at $10 when it's backordered from the midnight sale all the way into august[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadowkast']Huh?[/QUOTE]

BB had it on one of their midnight sales for $10. It got massively ordered (probably because flippers $10 turned into 19.50) and is now on major backorder for those that ordered through the sale (august shipment date). People are pissed because they are going to have them on sale in store, meaning stores will get shipments before people that actually bought them will. Would annoy me too

[quote name='cancerman1120']I have a question about this also. I signed up for a new subscription on June 24th so I think the chances of getting the magazine in time are slim for the DS3 game. If I bring in my receipt to BB will they allow me an in-store coupon? I do not absolutely need DS3 but $25 is pretty cheap for being released one month ago.[/QUOTE]It takes 4-6 weeks to get your 1st issue & it would need to be near the time the upcoming mag would be processing. If your ordered in-store bring your receipt in show it to CS let them know you want to make a purchase but can they "charge" you for the current mag then deduct the $5 of the purchase. Make it CLEAR that you WON'T make the purchase at all if you have to rebuy the mag that you already paid for. You could also call/email @gamer & bring in their response.

[quote name='sgaldis']I was about to ask the same thing! I subscribed well over a month ago, and still haven't seen my new issue![/QUOTE]

[quote name='etcrane']Hmm, has anyone had any luck stacking the 2 dungeon siege coupons? $25 is a good price but with a month and a half left with the coupon, I have to wonder if it might pull an AC:B and drop to $15 at some point in August since the game's sales have been somewhat mediocre.[/QUOTE]stacking 2 coupons? dungeon Siege won't drop past $40 w/o coupon it maybe $35 w/pm from someplace like kmart/GS but you can't combine a pm & coupon.

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']Same here! Grrrr. . . .[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hebrewhammer587']I smell a conspiracy, I subscribed last month and have not received my current magazine. I'll grab the pitchforks and someone else bring the torches and lets head to the offices of @Gamer![/QUOTE]

[quote name='dan77733']Oh okay. $15 for 12 months isnt bad. Even if I only use $15 worth of coupons in a year, it will give me back the $15 so no biggie.
I just signed up for the Rewards Zone and will do the mag subscription in a few minutes too. There's four games im buying from that list anyway so mine as well just add a fifth one and get $100 credit in return.[/QUOTE]it's $15 for 10 issues not 12 but they cover the whole yr. This months mag last thru 2 months b/c it's a slow release period. Make sure you sign up for the gamers club too it's on the RZ site & free too.

[quote name='Kali']Gosh dammit I have a feeling that this is what may have happened. I did order it late though (mid June) so who knows. The BB employee tried to sell me a subscription for $19.99. I ignored her instead of correcting her and went to another employee who took my information.[/QUOTE]
All those concerned about their subs it's 4-6 weeks before you get your 1st issue & it would need to fall on line with processing for the current mag cycle(they probably WON'T send you a mag if your sub has been processed when the issue that would be sent may be expired by the time it gets to you).
If your ordered in-store read my 1st reply ^^^ this will probably be your best option instead of buying a single issue. If you don't get the Sept. issue CALL/EMAIL @gamer ASAP. B/C of the length of time this issue will be valid Sept. issue should be on track.

Anyone on the fence about subscribing THIS IS THE TIME to that way your not caught in the same situation where there's coupons you want but aren't sure if your issue is processed yet. There's 7 weeks before the next issue.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']$5 per mag Or $15 for a year sub. There was a deal that if you preordered GoW3 then you got $5 of a yr sub, which is what i did. Some reporting that that deal is dead though.[/QUOTE]

Was this the code/coupon in the mag that had to be scanned when purchasing the mag in-store? I can't remember if it was a pre-order involved but didn't know it's gone now.

[quote name='boneless']Was this the code/coupon in the mag that had to be scanned when purchasing the mag in-store? I can't remember if it was a pre-order involved but didn't know it's gone now.[/QUOTE]

Was a discount that is/was in their system that auto deducted $5 from sub if the GoW3 preorder was on same receipt (or they could do a workaround if you had the pre order slip)

There was a $5 off coupon for Dungeon Siege at BB, maybe in PC Gamer or OPM or something, and then of course the @gamer coupon. I was curious if anyone had attempted to stack them. As far as the game dropping, it's unlikely to hit $30 by August but anything is possible if it doesn't sell well. Either way, I'll probably just grab it when it's on sale next week or the week after.

if i sign up for the magazine 1 year sub in store, can i get this magazine right in the store? And how much is it?

[quote name='Techman16']if i sign up for the magazine 1 year sub in store, can i get this magazine right in the store? And how much is it?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Take a magazine with you and say you want a sub. Te receipt will show $5 for mag, $15 - $5 for sub = $15

I'd probably jump on this for Test Drive and the subscription if they had the damn game in stock.

Out of curiosity, what was the game going for in the Midnight sale?

[quote name='mrbeatdown']i'd probably jump on this for test drive and the subscription if they had the damn game in stock.

Out of curiosity, what was the game going for in the midnight sale?[/quote]

$10

Update on my situation:

I just got off the phone with BB, who immediately called the @gamer people about my subscription. The BB rep was pretty knowledgeable and was pretty confident that it wasn't a mistake on their end. The @gamer people told her that there was some conflict with my zip code info which was not at all what I was told a few hours earlier. It is straightened out now but I won't be getting my mag until August.

Having said that, I agree that the 4-6 week period may preclude some people who purchased in June from receiving the July mag, but if I had not called myself to follow up, this never would have corrected itself. So, if anyone is slightly concerned, I would suggest investing the 5 minutes to make sure everything is moving along.

I remember some time ago when GS bundled a free GI mag with their Edge card subscription, something similar happened to me (i.e. I never received GI after 2 months and GS told me to contact GI, who naturally told me they do not have my subsription info on file with them). Not sure when the ball was dropped...

Just called to see when I was going to get my first issue, I ordered the sub on 6/11 but they didn't get it until 6/24 and the woman told me that it takes 30 days from the time they get it. Looks like I will miss out on DS3.

[quote name='atc250es']Just called to see when I was going to get my first issue, I ordered the sub on 6/11 but they didn't get it until 6/24 and the woman told me that it takes 30 days from the time they get it. Looks like I will miss out on DS3.[/QUOTE]
coupons expire 8/27 dont they? thats well over 30 days...

[quote name='Techman16']coupons expire 8/27 dont they? thats well over 30 days...[/QUOTE]

Yea but it's going to be on sale for 39.99/24.99 a/c starting Sunday.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']$10[/QUOTE]

Wow, I would have loved to get in on that. I guess that was last week when I was on vacation. Figures. :cry:

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Wow, I would have loved to get in on that. I guess that was last week when I was on vacation. Figures. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Next week it will be the same price when you use the @gamer mag coupon.

Same thing happen with my in-store sub. Paid for it June 1st at the register in full never got a issue. Then called / emailed @gamer and BB.com. After hours of back and forth was told to go back into the store and have it redone. Hopefully it works this time and this problem is not wide spread.

[quote name='IronZombie']10$ for TDU2 starting Sunday? Great deal.. might be worth it to actually buy the mag now.[/QUOTE]

Its been worth it the last couple months. I dont regret my subscription at all.

[quote name='IronZombie']10$ for TDU2 starting Sunday? Great deal.. might be worth it to actually buy the mag now.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for my tdu from 2 weeks ago... Gl finding a copy

[quote name='Techman16']if i sign up for the magazine 1 year sub in store, can i get this magazine right in the store? And how much is it?[/QUOTE]OP updated with more info

[quote name='atc250es']Just called to see when I was going to get my first issue, I ordered the sub on 6/11 but they didn't get it until 6/24 and the woman told me that it takes 30 days from the time they get it. Looks like I will miss out on DS3.[/QUOTE]I'd bite the bullet & buy the single mag this month. With all the stuff stacking you'll make it back in 1-2 flips.

[quote name='mgford11']Still waiting for my tdu from 2 weeks ago... Gl finding a copy[/QUOTE]
lol yeah a lot of these places are cleaned out by the time you get there, although one of the Best Buys near me is notorious for not updating the price cards/stickers on the games. Last time I was there was to pick up Brutal Legend at 5$ and the game was marked at 35$ with like 8 copies on shelf.

If they do the same for TDU2 nobody will touch the game at 30 or whatever it's selling for now. ;)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Glad i decided to wait on PMing Dungeon Siege 3. If they decline me, i can always still just return it and get a copy for 15$ cheaper.[/QUOTE]I remember your post from before guess it wasn't that long of a wait LOL. You got it @ release with the $10 giftcard right?

Buying DS III and TDU II just got non-profitable. DS 3's trade in value is now 16 and TDU II just dropped to 6. Sorry fellow flippers.

[quote name='bgame2']Buying DS III and TDU II just got non-profitable. DS 3's trade in value is now 16 and TDU II just dropped to 6. Sorry fellow flippers.[/QUOTE]

Well, they probably realized that they could have some guy check like 4 websites everyday and they'd save like a million dollars in store credit by updating their TIVs based on that info.

Since I have the mag already, I might grab a copy of DS3 and try to sell it on Ebay. Use up some of this BB credit.

I just bought Dungeon Siege III at Amazon for 39.99. I also picked up the @gamer mag with the $15 off, so since my game hasn't arrived yet I may return the unopened one and pick DSIII up at BB. Is this price drop ongoing or just next week? I have $10 Rewards points to redeem the following week.

[quote name='EndersGamer'] Is this price drop ongoing or just next week? [/QUOTE]

DS3 $39.99 price is just valid one week starting this Sunday (07/17) until next Saturday.

damn. i wish they didn't hire the guy that checks their own tivs. grrr
im gonna go cancel my 6 tdu2 i ordered a few weeks ago at midnite sale. 66->126 just became worthless. oh wells

find a copy at bestbuy? even if i didnt order any i dont think bestbuy is restocking that game anytime soon... it's been oos for weeks here, and backordered online.

bread's done
Back