[DEAD] Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collectors Edition $59.99!

Did anyone buy this from best buy and get their exclusive book? If so is it worth buying that version or should I just wait for a price drop? (still have part 1 in my back log)

that game dropped faster then Mike Tyson could KO me. Kind of feel bad for those that paid full price what a slap in the face so soon.

[quote name='needler420']that game dropped faster then Mike Tyson could KO me. Kind of feel bad for those that paid full price what a slap in the face so soon.[/QUOTE]

THIS is exactly why I refuse to buy new, and if I could obtain games without paying, I probably would. You're absolutely right, it's a slap in the face when people support a game, buying it brand new, only to have it drop in price less than a month after it comes out.

Well worth picking up, in my opinion. I just beat the game (regular edition) tonight after putting in 43 hours or so and will go back in to complete it 100%. The soundtrack is absolutely fantastic!

the question now is... should we buy it now or wait some more? hehe!
Do you guys think amazon also has alot of these in stock and will probably start marking them down too?

[quote name='Luxuria']... why do I even bother buying games at release anymore? FML.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I feel the same way. I only pick up NISA releases on day 1 or other games that have a pre-order bonus that is too good to pass up, usually tangible items. DLC is never a factor since it is released later anyway.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']the question now is... should we buy it now or wait some more? hehe!
Do you guys think amazon also has alot of these in stock and will probably start marking them down too?[/QUOTE]

I would say yes. I remember what happened to Deus Ex/Deus Ex Augmented Edition and so many people seemed to love that game. I was initially going to wait for this one to drop as well, but i wanted the book from BB.

[quote name='barrit']Nice price. I would have waited, but I pre-ordered mine for the Episode I book.[/QUOTE]
Thats why I preordered mine as well. Needless to say I walk into Best Buy 2 days ago and there sits like 5 copies of the CE WITH the books attached to them all inside those plastic cases they use....sigh =/

[quote name='needler420']that game dropped faster then Mike Tyson could KO me. Kind of feel bad for those that paid full price what a slap in the face so soon.[/QUOTE]

it isn't a slap in the face to me, it's not dropping the CE everywhere, it's only gamestop cuz they stock up to much on it when alot of ppl don't want the CE one... I even ask my friend and they said they have like a box mix in with the standard one too... when I stop in to pick up the game on release day everyone was getting the game but not the CE... Most true FF fan will pick up the game on day one anyways even at full price...

Last edited by a moderator:
CRAP. I just ordered the same thing from Amazon Warehouse Deals for the same price. I could just have gone out to the store and picked it up for the same price.

If you bought the CE from Best Buy, you probably can just PM. Good luck finding one now because I haven't seen any there for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
What great timing, I literally decided to return my copy from Amazon yesterday (mailed it today) and now can get it cheaper if so desired (but may as well hold off till later). Its not a limited item its just a collectors.

[quote name='Talgrund']Online only or is this in store also?[/QUOTE]

also in stores too, but if you wait it's going to go cheaper cause most places like GS,amazon overstock on it... I'm thinking it's going to drop another $10

I haven't ordered online in awhile, I thought it was free shipping after buying a certain dollar amount? :cry:

Also, wasn't their a code to use, or is that gone as well

[quote name='oldschool990']also in stores too, but if you wait it's going to go cheaper cause most places like GS,amazon overstock on it... I'm thinking it's going to drop another $10[/QUOTE]
This is my game plan as well. We shall see....

_>

[quote name='tylerdurden10']I haven't ordered online in awhile, I thought it was free shipping after buying a certain dollar amount? :cry:

Also, wasn't their a code to use, or is that gone as well[/QUOTE]

I think the FS of $25 or more was during the christmas time tho new year thing...

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']If you bought the CE from Best Buy, you probably can just PM. Good luck finding one now because I haven't any there for a while.[/QUOTE]

I bought mine from bestbuy.com I think that means I have to call them for a price match, right?
EDIT: I just looked it up. I have to call them up. I forgot about the price match, thanks for reminding me!

hmm... I think it may be worth it with this

HOTD5 - $5.55 off purchases of in-stock games and accessories totaling $59.99 or more. Excludes consoles, sale items, select PC products, and DLC. Other Restrictions may apply. Expires 2/29.

yes it does work even though it says sale items

[quote name='traxstar']lol i ment which system is it better to get it on not which one is on sale[/QUOTE]

PS3 will have more people interested in it so it will have a higher resale value if that matters.

[quote name='traxstar']lol i ment which system is it better to get it on not which one is on sale[/QUOTE]

PS3 version is a bit better

Wow, the game hasn't even seen 22 days after release and already a price drop? Did it tank? The regular edition is 49.99 at Gamestop as well. I just didn't buy it because I hate FF XIII.

[quote name='barrit']I just called Best Buy and they said they don't price match GameStop.. wtf?[/QUOTE]

I've never had one refuse. I would check to see if the UPC of Best Buy's CE is the same as the regular one. Then you could just do a swap if they don't want to honor their PM.

Could I do a return/rebuy if I never opened my copy and get $20 back? Should have never preordered this thing if I wasn't even going to play it right away.

[quote name='backseatdog']Could I do a return/rebuy if I never opened my copy and get $20 back? Should have never preordered this thing if I wasn't even going to play it right away.[/QUOTE]

If you never opened it and you're within you're return time the better question is why wouldn't you be able too. I agree on the last part. I see too many people get games because they think they are getting a good deal, add it to their backlog then by the time they get to it, its dropped in price. Which is why I try not to make a backlog.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I've never had one refuse. I would check to see if the UPC of Best Buy's CE is the same as the regular one. Then you could just do a swap if they don't want to honor their PM.[/QUOTE]

I just may have to do that.. the person on the phone told me they don't price match because Gamestop sells used games. I didn't even know what to say to that one since BB sells used games as well.

[quote name='barrit']I just may have to do that.. the person on the phone told me they don't price match because Gamestop sells used games. I didn't even know what to say to that one since BB sells used games as well.[/QUOTE]

That's stupid. You could up the ante and see if GameStop could hook you up with their preorder bonus too.

bread's done
Back