(DEAD) Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (USED) ~$50 + tax after CAG16 & PUR @ Gamestop.com

Maybe we should speculate which one is next? lol
Pikmin?

Curious if it will come complete. I went on vacation and stopped in a couple Gamestops to grab a few of the cheaper Wii games that had Price Drops (like Guilty Gear, Zack n Wiki, etc...) and didn't see any in either store. I'm sure they just hadn't received their shipment yet though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pikmin?

Curious if it will come complete. I went on vacation and stopped in a couple Gamestops to grab a few of the cheaper Wii games that had Price Drops (like Guilty Gear, Zack n Wiki, etc...) and didn't see any in either store. I'm sure they just hadn't received their shipment yet though.
Actually, they did raise the price on "used" copies of Pikmin 2 Wii. The game released for $20 MSRP and now "pre-owned" copies are $30. If Pikmin 3 were as big a hit as Fire Emblem and Metroid Prime, you can be damn sure they'd have raised the price to $40 or $50.

If you wanted the game for cheaper than this, you would have bought it 7 years  ago when it came out. But since you waited for it to because increasingly rare, you have no one to blame but yourself.

And you're a fucking liar if you said you were going to sell it for less than MSRP just to be a good guy. Gamestop is just doing what EVERY SINGLE ONE of you would do if you had this rare game.

I also did a search on Amazon/Ebay to see what people are asking for on the internet, and you people are retarded. Ebay sellers are asking for around the same price as Gamestop and Amazon sellers are asking MORE. You people need to shut the fuck up and stop just jumping on the "I hate X comapny for X" bandwagons and get a mind of your own.

Gamestop has it for about the best price you're going to find it for aside from the 1/100 chance you'll find one for cheap at a flea market or somewhere.

Actually, they did raise the price on "used" copies of Pikmin 2 Wii. The game released for $20 MSRP and now "pre-owned" copies are $30. If Pikmin 3 were as big a hit as Fire Emblem and Metroid Prime, you can be damn sure they'd have raised the price to $40 or $50.
I meant Pikmin may be next to get reprinted.

Hey I bought the Wii version of Pikmin 2 the week it came out, so this isn't a case of me whining that I can't get it for next to nothing anymore or whatever.  It just kinda sucks that GS is pretty much the only major game retailer in America which practically allows them to dictate the value of some of these games since they have little to no competition.  Yeah if I owned a store I probably would sell products for the best possible profit to make money (which you argue GS probably doesn't need to do, but that's a different story).  But its a bit more of a scumbag move to sell reprints not only falsely as "pre-owned" (also surprised you can't call false advertising on that) but also raising the price far beyond MSRP or even its values.  And when Gamestop is the only place MOST people can get these games from, it has a way of shifting the values with other smaller retailers trying to keep up or meet that demand (stores that buy used games have to offer something comparable to the selling price then sell it again at that higher price to make their own profits).  Not to mention this puts even MORE power into Gamestops hands to dictate which games are readily available at any given point in time.

I'm sure this sort of thing won't become as regular at Gamestops as some may make it out to be, but it is a real scumbag way to nickle and dime the "value buyer".  And last time I checked, lower supply and demand equals a higher price, not the other way around. :/

The amount of moaning that happens in these reprint threads astounds me. It really sucks that GameStop is overcharging but the reprints themselves are good because people can get the game and it establishes a ceiling to the game's price. Xenoblade is back to MSRP now. I call that a good thing. Generally I see people that seem to think owning a "rare" video game makes them cool bitching about others getting to play the game without paying $100+. I for one am glad people can play it. I just wish gamestop would not charge more than MSRP.

Video games are not gold, you have no reason to believe that they are investments and they won't reprint any of them - especially now and in future generations.

got it using logic is being a shill.
But you see, that's just the thing. You didn't use logic. You defended a slimy corporation in the most illogical manner ever. If you think what you said was logical then you must think that slidgecage and pepsiman use logic too.

Gamestop isn't stupid and you can't blame them for trying to take a piece of the pie. You don't have to buy it if you don't like the price, before people started realizing that Dokapon Kingdon was reprinted and the hike a ton of people were buying for the sole purpose of flipping.

Gamestop isn't stupid and you can't blame them for trying to take a piece of the pie. You don't have to buy it if you don't like the price, before people started realizing that Dokapon Kingdon was reprinted and the hike a ton of people were buying for the sole purpose of flipping.
I know Gamestop isn't stupid and I'm not asking for them to get stupid. I'm asking them to get reasonable. If they had priced these games decently, around $40-45, it would have been fine. I myself would have bought a copy since I don't have one and a lot of people who share my mindset would have bought a copy instead of refusing and cursing Gamestop for their greed. They would have had many more people buying the game and being happy with Gamestop if they had done that. But no, they had to Gamestop it up again.

WTF? I just checked Amazon, eBay and other sites just now... what's up with these prices for Pikmin 2 "Nintendo Selects" for Wii? The game seems delisted everywhere as well! I'm glad I bought two of these back in March 2013 when Best Buy was selling them on sale for $4.99...

still kicking myself for not buying this when it came out, as I worked at a Game Crazy and could've had 10% off the MSRP. Sigh. Thankfully I got Metroid prime Trilogy at launch as well as xenoblade chronicles/Last story/Pandoras tower just in case. I also have a still sealed DBZ Budokai tenkaichi 3 for wii. It's only sealed cuz i never got around to playing it, had it since launch, and gamestop still sells that for a lot too. So sad that Gamestop is in the "ebay price" flipping business. They should just sell it for $5 less than the original MSRP, i mean, thats how they sell all their new used games. Lame

But you see, that's just the thing. You didn't use logic. You defended a slimy corporation in the most illogical manner ever. If you think what you said was logical then you must think that slidgecage and pepsiman use logic too.
fine I wish gamestop didn't reprint this game.....you know why? so all you clowns whining that want the game couldn't get it. so sorry the game isn't 3 dollars or less.....just be glad its magically available suddenly because gamestop was able to work out a deal. I imagine this deal entailed buying these games, shipping, paying for the printing, and of course the labor of having to ship this game from gamestops warehouse to all over the country. to expect this game to be dirt cheap is ridiculous. also since these are preowned chances are they just flat out bought the games so you are paying for gamestops profit as opposed to new games where gamestop makes little to nothing and bank on a flood of used copies.

maybe it didn't need to be 60 dollars but it sure as hell wasn't going to be 5 dollars. truthfully 60 dollars is the price of a new game and since this game was rare and going for A LOT more 60 dollars is a steal.

but as I said I wish it wasn't reprinted because people here aren't grateful that gamestop even bothered to get this game reprinted. they didn't have too and likely aren't going to be making a killing off of it. not everything a business does is going to make a profit sometimes you do a good gesture to your customer base and that's probably what this is. but they do have people to pay.

I swear some folks like if it aint free they are getting robbed.

If they reprinted this, then none of my local stores received any; closest one's more then 60 miles away. 

I don't need a copy since I preordered this sucker back then, but I do hate the fact that I have one of the original glitched copies that freeze the game if you try to import Path of Radiance data with an easy difficulty save on the memory card. Wonder how many of those are still out in the wild.

So is there official word that this is a reprint, or are we just speculating? Because I have my doubts on this actually being reprinted, especially since it wasn't a Gamestop exclusive like Xenoblade.

You need to start blaming Nintendo for not making this more widely available from the start. Imagine if a game like Brawl was as rare as MPT or Xenoblades was before their reprints. People would have been paying $5000 for a copy of those.

fine I wish gamestop didn't reprint this game.....you know why? so all you clowns whining that want the game couldn't get it. so sorry the game isn't 3 dollars or less.....just be glad its magically available suddenly because gamestop was able to work out a deal. I imagine this deal entailed buying these games, shipping, paying for the printing, and of course the labor of having to ship this game from gamestops warehouse to all over the country. to expect this game to be dirt cheap is ridiculous. also since these are preowned chances are they just flat out bought the games so you are paying for gamestops profit as opposed to new games where gamestop makes little to nothing and bank on a flood of used copies.

maybe it didn't need to be 60 dollars but it sure as hell wasn't going to be 5 dollars. truthfully 60 dollars is the price of a new game and since this game was rare and going for A LOT more 60 dollars is a steal.

but as I said I wish it wasn't reprinted because people here aren't grateful that gamestop even bothered to get this game reprinted. they didn't have too and likely aren't going to be making a killing off of it. not everything a business does is going to make a profit sometimes you do a good gesture to your customer base and that's probably what this is. but they do have people to pay.

I swear some folks like if it aint free they are getting robbed.
This reply is textbook shilling, right down to the poor grammar. Thank you for proving my point for me. All the classic signs of shilling. "You should thank Gamestop for getting you this deal. You'd be better off not getting this reprint. The price is dirt cheap. How could you expect to get it for $3 or $5 or free." Who the hell even said it should be $5? Nobody. Nobody said any of that. It's just you.

Listen. How about this. How about you just shut up?

You need to start blaming Nintendo for not making this more widely available from the start. Imagine if a game like Brawl was as rare as MPT or Xenoblades was before their reprints. People would have been paying $5000 for a copy of those.
Well actually, I think it was due to the poor sales and not the lack of availability. Fire Emblem games have had a hard time reaching the mass market.

This reply is textbook shilling, right down to the poor grammar. Thank you for proving my point for me. All the classic signs of shilling. "You should thank Gamestop for getting you this deal. You'd be better off not getting this reprint. The price is dirt cheap. How could you expect to get it for $3 or $5 or free." Who the hell even said it should be $5? Nobody. Nobody said any of that. It's just you.

Listen. How about this. How about you just shut up?
Honestly, your posts in this thread are textbook entitlement and bitching. Yes, it sucks that the price is over the msrp, but look at the current prices of the game elsewhere, it's lower than you'll find on Amazon. Look at what happened to Xenoblade and Metroid Trilogy, over time the price at Gamestop dropped like a rock. If this is indeed a reprint, it'll hit sub-$50 soon enough once more copies get out there. Gamestop sets their prices by supply-and-demand, they can have a high price for these games because the market decided the games are priced high. I'd rather put up with this crap in the short term and see prices eventually bottom out than not have the games available at all. The only people who are truly hurt by this are those who purchased the games originally as investments to sell later, and I honestly don't give a damn about speculators who buy out stock just to profit later. If it hurts their bottom line, all the better.

As someone who collects video games, I don't think this would bother me so much if there was some sort of difference between the original release and these reprints. I was fine with the Metroid Prime one because the original came in the Steelcase and the reprint was just in a regular case. If they would just mark these somehow as reprints or 2nd printings the same way the comic book industry does, I really wouldn't have an issue with it.

$50? Maybe if it were the GC/Wii versions bundled together then sure. And that $65 is a total joke.

As it is now, I'll pass thanks. Not paying $50 to only get the last half of the story.

As someone who collects video games, I don't think this would bother me so much if there was some sort of difference between the original release and these reprints. I was fine with the Metroid Prime one because the original came in the Steelcase and the reprint was just in a regular case. If they would just mark these somehow as reprints or 2nd printings the same way the comic book industry does, I really wouldn't have an issue with it.
WTF does it matter? Only the most hardcore "gotta have 'em all" kind of collector would even begin to care about a little "2nd printing" stamp on the disc.

As has been said a million times before by a million other people on this site, if you are buying this shit as an "investment", you are screwing up. Badly. Buy the game for fun or else just don't get it at all.

WTF? I just checked Amazon, eBay and other sites just now... what's up with these prices for Pikmin 2 "Nintendo Selects" for Wii? The game seems delisted everywhere as well! I'm glad I bought two of these back in March 2013 when Best Buy was selling them on sale for $4.99...
Ebay/Amazon rule #1: Just because they are asking for obscene amounts of money for something doesn't mean they are gonna get it. At least not anytime soon. I really wish there was a simple way to track sales on these sites, without such a thing it's hard to call out a specific title like Pikmin 2. But I'd bet they are moving next to nothing at those prices, and unless they lower it may take forever for even this "Van Marwell" to sell the 3 copies he has. I do know that often these toys/games/ect sit in a warehouse for months, oftentimes years, before a single person buys.

Besides, have you read some of those descriptions for Pikmin 2? COMPLETE with Case, Artwork, Cartridge & Manual

Last edited:
Anyone confirm yet if this was a reprint? I  haven't seen any in my area in any quantity that would suggest a reprint.

However I assume itd be easy to tell once you get the item in your hand (ie: mint disc/manual/case)

The Gamestop ethics debate continues. All these topics were discussed when Xenoblades was re released.

That being said, I'll add something about the game: If you are a huge FE fan, then this game is worth its full retail price. I paid $60 for it when it came out and I find myself going back and beating it again every few years. Unlike the 3DS version (which is also awesome), there is a limited amount of EXP to go around. This is cool because you level characters you didn't use before.

Also, I really, really would recommend getting the GC version (Path of Radiance) and beating it before playing Radiant Dawn. The stories are so connected. Not sure what the price is for PoR, but I'm guessing it has gone up.

It is really amazing what the 3DS version did to this series. I started playing with PoR about 2006? It was fun hunting down PoR, too. Got a mint copy (again, it 2006ish) for $30-$35 at Gamestop. Also managed to get official guides (not that they're any good, but if you collect guides and like the art) for about $5 a pop, too.

$50? Maybe if it were the GC/Wii versions bundled together then sure. And that $65 is a total joke.

As it is now, I'll pass thanks. Not paying $50 to only get the last half of the story.

WTF does it matter? Only the most hardcore "gotta have 'em all" kind of collector would even begin to care about a little "2nd printing" stamp on the disc.

As has been said a million times before by a million other people on this site, if you are buying this shit as an "investment", you are screwing up. Badly. Buy the game for fun or else just don't get it at all.
^^^^@rcerboss

I was wondering, can you share your guide on how to "Play, buy and enjoy video games" with the rest of us? I had no idea that it doesn't matter if I want a first run copy or a second run. Is there anything else you can tell me about how to play video games?

Yesh. A lot of people don't buy video games as "investments." They collect them because it is a hobby. And why are you so angry, anyway?

Also, I didn't see any images, but for anyone that is interested. I got this brand new when it came out sealed. This is what my copy looks like - 

Side note, I love the art, color for the manual. The Gamecube version also has a full color manual with tons of art like RD, too. 

IMAG0613_zpsylwgdvsx.jpg

IMAG0615_zpsmnohjipl.jpg

IMAG0616_zps3z5oio55.jpg

IMAG0614_zpsokiti2wp.jpg

Anyone confirm yet if this was a reprint? I haven't seen any in my area in any quantity that would suggest a reprint.

However I assume itd be easy to tell once you get the item in your hand (ie: mint disc/manual/case)
usually reprints wii game are full color discs and the original are blue and white discs. So if the disc is in full color then it is a reprint. That the easiest way to tell

Have any of lamestops reprinted games been discounted? I guess you could argue Cave Story 3DS and Dokapon Kingdom were below MSRP but they were disc/cart only. MPT and Xenoblade were both above MSRP.

That being sad I am glad they do this. They just need to have them complete and I will wait for BF deals to get them at a decent price.
They had both Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles for $39.99 each during Black Friday last year. They were also running a B2G1 at the same time with that sale price.

I did an online order shipped for two Metroid Prime Trilogy's and one Xenoblade Chronicles and with the B2G1 and my PUR 10% off, I paid a total of $72 plus tax.

All three reprints came complete with case, artwork and manuals/promotional paperwork and everything for all three looked like someone just removed the plastic wrap. Brand new and mint.

My copy of Xenoblade Chronicles even came with a Club Nintendo code. Probably one of the best deals I've ever gotten from Gamestop, considering the circumstances...

They had both Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles for $39.99 each during Black Friday last year. They were also running a B2G1 at the same time with that sale price.

I did an online order shipped for two Metroid Prime Trilogy's and one Xenoblade Chronicles and with the B2G1 and my PUR 10% off, I paid a total of $72 plus tax.

All three reprints came complete with case, artwork and manuals/promotional paperwork and everything for all three looked like someone just removed the plastic wrap. Brand new and mint.

My copy of Xenoblade Chronicles even came with a Club Nintendo code. Probably one of the best deals I've ever gotten from Gamestop, considering the circumstances...
Yeah I did the same thing. I could have bought MPT for whatever it was but instead I waited and got 2 MPTs and Xenoblade for a bit less than $90 (I dont have PUR).

I was wondering, can you share your guide on how to "Play, buy and enjoy video games" with the rest of us? I had no idea that it doesn't matter if I want a first run copy or a second run. Is there anything else you can tell me about how to play video games?

Yesh. A lot of people don't buy video games as "investments." They collect them because it is a hobby. And why are you so angry, anyway?
Hobby, eh? That must explain all the discussion regarding flipping and the going rate on sites like ebay that are all over forums like Gamefaqs, and which have even been brought up here. Why even the two gents right above me are recollecting the deals they got buying two copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy, so they must be super serious collectors!

Thank goodness we have a clever cookie like you to straighten me out!

Last edited:
Hobby, eh? That must explain all the discussion regarding flipping and the going rate on sites like ebay that are all over forums like Gamefaqs, and which have even been brought up here. Why even the two gents right above me are recollecting the deals they got buying two copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy, so they must be super serious collectors!

Thank goodness we have a clever cookie like you to straighten me out!
Your logic: If some talk about buying and flipping games on a website, then all must want to buy and flip games.

Have you read other topics on this forum? Do you think that the countless CEs people buy is because they think it's an investment or because they love the game/series?

I'm not trying to "straighten you out." I just think it's sad when people tell others how they should buy and play video games. Especially if they sound sad and miserable in the process.

Don't want to clog this thread so I'll leave it at that.

Cheers?

why is this game title so expensive? even the gamecube version. It's just like the Xenoblade and Metroid Trilogy ones.
It's so expensive because people pay their prices. It's not GameStop's fault. Blame all the people that buy this stuff. And laugh at the people who expect GameStop to be anything but a business.

There're so many games and so much anime out there that I have no need to buy overpriced things. GameStop can keep these. If everyone else agreed, these would be priced more reasonably. But it's the people who buy it anyway that screw things up.

Capitalism doesn't look out for buyers if buyers don't look out for themselves. Always boycott bad deals and bad companies. Not doing so is harmful to consumers.

Your logic: If some talk about buying and flipping games on a website, then all must want to buy and flip games.

Have you read other topics on this forum? Do you think that the countless CEs people buy is because they think it's an investment or because they love the game/series?

I'm not trying to "straighten you out." I just think it's sad when people tell others how they should buy and play video games. Especially if they sound sad and miserable in the process.

Don't want to clog this thread so I'll leave it at that.

Cheers?
How is that my logic? I never once said that everyone here flips games. I know I don't and I know plenty of others here don't either. So WTF are you trying to put words into my mouth for? Quote me anything where I said anything remotely like that.

Well I think it's sad when somebody buys a bunch of games to leave them sitting untouched on a shelf for a decade or more just to spend another decade trying to flip them for a few bucks, especially when that means the people who would really want them can't get them. Other topics regarding CE's and whatever are irrelevant because it's a reality pure and simple.

You can argue however you want, but no matter which side you are on you have to admit that that's not what these items are made for. They are supposed to be enjoyed, not saved hoping they can be flipped for profit later. Especially when they aren't even profitable half the time, and are never the best way to "invest" money.

Last edited:
There weren't any copies at my local store, so I just the CAG16 coupon and ordered online and I definitely didn't get a reprint.  Just a typical Gamestop generic used game box, no manual, and a badly beat-up disc they sent through one of those SpinDoctor resurfacers. 

Definely not worth $55, so it is getting returned as we speak.  If you can't find in store it is probably better to wait on an eBay bid with images.

There weren't any copies at my local store, so I just the CAG16 coupon and ordered online and I definitely didn't get a reprint. Just a typical Gamestop generic used game box, no manual, and a badly beat-up disc they sent through one of those SpinDoctor resurfacers.

Definely not worth $55, so it is getting returned as we speak. If you can't find in store it is probably better to wait on an eBay bid with images.
It's OOS online as well again. My local don't have any copies, but a few other stores a little farther away do have it suddenly and my local may still be waiting on shipments.

Curious to hear others report back. It's possible that you got an original copy they had left over. Have anyone checked out the condition in one of the stores it suddenly appeared in? I'm curious if it is a reprint if it's disc only or complete.

can we have one gamestop thread without hating on the company? seriously guys?
Hello there Gamestop employee of the month.

Answer to your question is a no. They are a cancer in the gaming market. They gut games, sell "Used" games as "New" with a bogus explanation and rape the gaming community with monopolies like reprinting games and charging OVER MSRP.

Get off Gamestop's tit already.

Hello there Gamestop employee of the month.

Answer to your question is a no. They are a cancer in the gaming market. They gut games, sell "Used" games as "New" with a bogus explanation and rape the gaming community with monopolies like reprinting games and charging OVER MSRP.

Get off Gamestop's tit already.
I hardly like GS, but this is absurd. Cancer and rape are not words to throw around lightly.

Dear God. I've been preaching to play Gamecube's FE PoR before playing Wii's RD (stories are connected, you can transfer your file to Wii version). Just looked up prices for PoR and they are INSANE.

It sat at $30 since about 2007. Now it is $60-$80+.

Glad I own it, but damn. Really sucks for anyone that wants to play it.

And this is all because of the 3DS version that made the series super popular.

It's not GameStop's fault. Blame all the people that buy this stuff. And laugh at the people who expect GameStop to be anything but a business.
I love how people expect Gamestop, or any other company for that matter, to be looking out for everyone elses best interest. Gamestop it a business and conducts itself as such. They need to turn out a profit and they are capitalizing on Supply and Demand. If you owned a business, would you do it any other way?

I love how people expect Gamestop, or any other company for that matter, to be looking out for everyone elses best interest. Gamestop it a business and conducts itself as such. They need to turn out a profit and they are capitalizing on Supply and Demand. If you owned a business, would you do it any other way?
Give me a break. Nobody's saying companies can't be bastards and price gouge people. Gamestop knows how to play the game, good for them. But don't tell us we can't hate the company for it. Gamestop deserves our hate and scorn and other people need to stop defending them.

I don't get the hate for Gamestop's reprints. Yeah, it is slightly dodgy to preopen new copies of Xenoblade/Metroid Prime Trilogy and sell them as used... But so what? In the end, it does nothing but increase the supply of a game that was highly sought after. Which does nothing but drive prices down. Which is exactly what happened. How is that bad in any way? The only ones who got hosed were the ones who either stockpiled copies in order to profit (which is worse than the claim against Gamestop) and those that bought the reprinted copies right away and didn't bother to return them when they saw what had happened.

Believe me, I HATE a lot of the things that Gamestop does. I hate their terrible TIVs. Their pushy sale tactics that prey on uninformed customers. Their push of retailer exclusive-DLC. Their practice of selling opened games as new. I HATE it all. But the Xenoblade reprint (and original print)? That is one of the most awesome things that any video game retailer has done in the past decade. They took an awesome game that might never have seen the US light of day, and brought it over. And when it looked like the only way to play said game would be to pay exorbitant reseller prices, they reprinted the game and brought the market price down to reasonable levels again.

You don't want to pay Gamestop's inflated prices? Good! You shouldn't. Just wait. The price will come down due to the increased supply, and then a ton of people will be able to get it for a more reasonable price. Just like what happened with the other reprints.

One of these just popped up at my local store in RI, going to take a drive down and hopefully get one CIB. I doubt I'll ever find time to play this but I've been wanting it in my collection for some time.

Hoping to stack $15 off preowned with the Bday coupon.

One of these just popped up at my local store in RI, going to take a drive down and hopefully get one CIB. I doubt I'll ever find time to play this but I've been wanting it in my collection for some time.

Hoping to stack $15 off preowned with the Bday coupon.
Ha.

Ha Ha.

Ha Ha Ha.

Did anyone ever confirm if they are complete? My 2 nearest don't have it and I'm curious. I already own it but would be interesting to know. 

You don't want to pay Gamestop's inflated prices? Good! You shouldn't. Just wait. The price will come down due to the increased supply, and then a ton of people will be able to get it for a more reasonable price. Just like what happened with the other reprints.
Exactly, in that sense publishers should be more proactive at marketing reprints, It'd help steer users on the fence toward legitimate channels for buying games.

bread's done
Back