!DEAD! - Free $100 Amazon.com GC w/Free Trial from AOL -!DEAD!-

mcwilliams132

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
NOW DEAD!

Consider yourself lucky if you got in on it!

-------------------------------------------------

Ripped from Ben's Bargains:

Cheap ass link

AOL has been bleeding customers lately. Their new incentive is a free $100 Amazon Gift Certificate with trial signup. The GC is e-mailed within 24 hours, and you can cancel (1-888-265-8008) within the 50 day AOL trial period to avoid any charges.

They are of course going to argue with you and give you a multitude of reasons to stay with AOL. Just tell them you wanted your free Amazon GC and stick to your guns.

yeah dude, Isaw dat on another site too, hella jumped on it.

but I must say, THANK U VEY MUCH for that phone #!! now I know a way I can cancel.

oh man... me and that $100 will have a great time together!

(I'm gonna buy the Main Source album! that thing costs like $40+)

Wow....I JUST finished signing up, and now it says expired? What gives? Oh well, at least I made it in.....I hope its not a scam though.

shit it expired, did anyone c a last day to enter or anything? if not, it could've been a scam cause perhaps aol or amazon saw it and had it taken off or something.

The account that I signed up for works, so atleast that part wasn't a scam....I guess we'll find out about the rest though...

I think they either had a limited amount or they didnt expect it to get that big so they killed it and now they might be considering backing out of the deal :? but thats why I didnt sign up 8)

Chad at DVDtalk said he got his in about twelve hours after he signed up yesterday. The email said:

Dear Chad,

Your Amazon.com® gift certificate claim code is: ****-******-****. Gift certificates and unused portions of gift certificates expire two years from the date of issuance†. Just use this code when checking out at Amazon.com® and you'll save $100 on your purchases. Some restrictions may apply*. This code can be used with one Amazon.com® account only.

We're very happy to have you as a new Member, and we hope you'll make the most of AOL's great features today.

Sincerely,

The AOL Member Support Team

[quote name='starman9000']Chad at DVDtalk said he got his in about twelve hours after he signed up yesterday. The email said:

Dear Chad,

Your Amazon.com® gift certificate claim code is: ****-******-****. Gift certificates and unused portions of gift certificates expire two years from the date of issuance†. Just use this code when checking out at Amazon.com® and you'll save $100 on your purchases. Some restrictions may apply*. This code can be used with one Amazon.com® account only.

We're very happy to have you as a new Member, and we hope you'll make the most of AOL's great features today.

Sincerely,

The AOL Member Support Team[/quote]

Do you know if he got around to saying whether is was a valid code or not, and what kind of restrictions applied?

I imagine its hard to put restrictions on it if its for use at Amazon, they sell a lot of stuff. so it looks like some people might end up wishing they did sign up.
Also, does it go to the AOL email account or the one we referenced when signing up?

I gave them my paypal debit card #, and I just checked my paypal account, and it said I made a $1 payment to AOL with the remaining amount pending.

Does anyone know if this is just AOLs way of confirming the card I gave them, or should this be some cause for alarm?

I was charged a dollar too, probably just a check to make sure it works, I wouldn't worry about it.

heh, I made a one-time use $1.00 credit card number :)

They won't confirm the transaction and it will fall off your card in a several days..

Anybody get their code? "Come Back and Try AOL! Get Unlimited FREE Hours for 50 Days!" email but no code. Hopefully im just being impatient

[quote name='hutno']Anybody get their code? "Come Back and Try AOL! Get Unlimited FREE Hours for 50 Days!" email but no code. Hopefully im just being impatient[/quote]

Yes, I also got the same e-mail, but no code....skepticism is growing :?

yeah, I'm going to give it a few days before I start a ruckus.. I figure we have 50 days to cancel, I can give it a few days to see if AOL comes through..

You'll get the code in your AOL mail, not the email you used to register (if it ever arrives). Several people have gotten the 1099 hr email and have been told to ignore it..

I haven't received my Amazon gift certificate yet either. All's I've gotten is the Welcome to AOL email that came right away. :x
I hope they actually come through.

After going to fat wallet and reading their forum on this subject, it seems that some people who signed up early got their codes, but most people haven't gotten them yet. Most people are saying to wait about 48 hrs because they are swamped, others are already starting talk of class action. Anyway, I guess we can just wait and see....

just got this email:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for joining America Online and getting in on the AOL $100 Holiday Giveaway!

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx,

Due to unexpected demand, there will be a delay in delivery of your Amazon.com(R) gift certificate code. It will arrive within a week. Sorry for the delay, but once you receive it, you can use your code immediately at Amazon.com to save $100 on your purchases.*†

And right now you can start having fun with your FREE 50-day trial of the AOL(R) service. Check out everything from SuperBuddy(TM) icons and your favorite music to AOL's ability to scan e-mail attachments for known viruses, and much more.

We're very happy to have you as a new member, and we hope you'll start making the most of AOL's great features today.

Sincerely,

The AOL(R) Member Support Team
*See www.amazon.com/gc-legal for terms and conditions of use of the Amazon.com gift certificates. Amazon.com gift certificates are redeemable only at www.amazon.com. Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon.com is a registered trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.

** FREE TRIAL MUST BE USED WITHIN 50 DAYS OF REGISTRATION FOR THE AOL SERVICE. TO AVOID BEING CHARGED FUTURE MONTHLY FEES, SIMPLY CANCEL BEFORE THE FREE TRIAL ENDS.

†Does not apply in California, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, or Washington; applies in New Hampshire only for gift certificates over $100. Expiration date does not apply in any other states where prohibited by law.

(C)2004 America Online, Inc. All rights reserved.

Bottom of Bens Bargains Thread that I posted above now has one person saying it will arrive within a week in your email and the other post saying it will come in the regular mail (?) (Posts 176,177). Lets hope this doesnt take 50 days, cause I wanted to cancel AOL asap.

I got the same thing. I guess im happy its coming but im already predicting that its going to be a bitch to cancel

I just got that e-mail too, looks like it is all good, have to wait a little bit, but looks like this will go through.

[quote name='"Hodaka"']
†Does not apply in California, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, or Washington; applies in New Hampshire only for gift certificates over $100. Expiration date does not apply in any other states where prohibited by law.
/quote]

What does not apply in CA, CT, etc mean?! I live in CT. Anyone know?

[quote name='AOL']If you wish to cancel your account, there are three ways to do so:

You may discuss your membership with one of our representatives by contacting us at US 1-888-265-8008. Our representatives are waiting to assist you. [/quote]

I love how they say "discuss your membership" since that is what you'll do, instead of cancelling it.

I should have said, I guess it means expirations cause thats the first word of the next sentence, but at first I was just not sure.
thanks!

people should psot their most creative excuses for canceling. Not thats its necessary to get inventive, you can just ask them to cancel your account and when they start giving you the speech just tell them No. But everybody here is creative and I'm sure there will be some good ones

You could tell them you sold your soul to the devil, so now you work for AOL and don't feel you should have to pay for its services.

bread's done
Back