[Dead] Free Movies for a Year!!! BB online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedgeu2

CAGiversary!
Not sure if this was posted but my brother sent me the following information:

Blockbuster online is offering a 13 month free membership to their online DVD rental service.

To take advantage of this offer, register at the link below and enter promo code "friends" for one free month, then click the second link below for the free year!

First link: http://www.blockbuster.com/acctmgmt/displayRegisterSubName.action

Second link: http://www.blockbuster.com/acctmgmt/changeSubFromEmail.action?planid=25181

My brother is a member of this program already and he got another year free (until May 2006).

Just incase anyone doesn't believe this guy, I just did it, it worked.
Atleast it says it works, guess I'll find out after the first 4 weeks.

only shows 1 free month for me. I doubt this is real maybe a glitch in Their system cause if they are giving a year away free expect the shipping times to go up to 1 movie per month : )

I got the free month at least.....good enough. I don't mind paying....it's a good service. My shipping times have improved VASTLY....very fast turnaround

This looks like it is working for me.

After I clicked the second link, I clicked "My Account", then "Change" in the 'Online Membership: 4 week Free Trial $0.00 for 1 month + tax' line.

It says this:

Current Plan Type: 4 week Free Trial - $0.00 for 1 month(s) plus applicable tax
you will receive unlimited movies, up to 3 at one time plus two e-coupons/month for free in-store movie or game rentals.* $14.99 plus applicable taxes will be charged to your payment card at the conclusion of your four week trial.

Next Plan Type: 1 year FREE 3 at a time - $0.00 for 1 month(s) plus applicable tax
you will receive unlimited movies, up to 3 at one time plus two e-coupons/month for free in-store movie or game rentals.* At the end of one year, your membership will return to the rate offered to new members at that time.

Next Billing Date: 05/12/2006

Worked for me: showed it as 1 month free, then my account was downgraded, but this is what came up in My Account.

thanks!

[quote name='JebusMcLucifer']Same here.[/QUOTE]

I got the same message but when I logged into my account and clicked on 'change' on the following line:

Online Membership: 4 week Free Trial $0.00 for 1 month + tax Change | Cancel | View Terms

it mentioned I had a current plan for 1 free month and a next plan for a year. Then I noticed under account details, it shows:

which is 12 free months, not the 13, but who is complaining!!

If this works, thanks OP!

Wow, this is an awsome find... Only thing better would be a online game rental with a glitch like this. Has anybody tried anything with the Blockbuster gamerush yet?

i guess the first time i did it it didn't go through all the way.. now when i hit the second link it says the plan isn't found
so beware

[quote name='doubledown']Hmm, is this for NEW subscribers only?[/QUOTE]
good luck.. i'd try to click the second link and enter your info i don't think its for new members only.

urzishra14---have you tried going to My Account on the top of the page? Then try finding the Change option right next to the line about your Online Membership. If it only says One Free Month, then signed out, and close the browser. Click the second link again, then when you are logged in, click on I Authorize and then go to the My Account link on top...this should activate the second link and give you the Free One Year plan as well as your Free Month (12 months instead of 13 but oh well). Hope it works.

[quote name='doubledown']Hmm, is this for NEW subscribers only?[/QUOTE]

Looks like it. This deal isn't working for me...maybe because I already used the free trial when completing one of my free iPod offers.

I'm looking at details in My Account and it doesn't show anything about free months or billing cycles.

[quote name='dedgeu2']Actually my brother already had an account with an online membership and it worked for him.[/QUOTE]

Was his account still *active* when he got the free 1 year subscription? I closed mine after my free 1 month trial period was up and it looks like I can't re-subscribe using the links provided.

yeah...his account was active and his billing date is not until tomorrow so his first year starts tomorrow.

It keeps on saying "our records indicate that you are already an existing Blockbuster.com member..." after I fill out my payment info. Looks like it won't work for me.

You probably have to be a new or active member for this offer to work. I haven't touched my account in months.

Wow, if this works, that's like $90 in savings even for those of us that only got 6 months.

Edit- Is anyone else having a problem with their queue now?

[quote name='kelpie182']this is dead it one month free
wow just too late[/QUOTE]

sorry it did work, 6 months lets go!

i be happy to get 1 free month out of it ..... i remember someone talking about a PREPAID DEAL at a B&M Blockbuster maybe this was it. that is you prepay for a year you would get so many months.

I then heard that someone owns 10% of BB stock is Throwing a major fit at the price BB is getting on the stock market and is blocking the building of new centers and Blocking the IN STORE RETURNS . A manager at a south bend store told me about the stockholder. Cause they said in store returns was to start in june but now its pushed off till TBA

I was able to boost my already free account to Nov 29 free. Hope they didn't just trick me into paying for a year after that or something!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wow, if this works, that's like $90 in savings even for those of us that only got 6 months.

Edit- Is anyone else having a problem with their queue now?[/QUOTE]

what problem you having

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back