[DEAD] FREE shipping & good deals on USED games from GameFly

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']All of my game discs look 'used', complete with small scracthes and smudge marks. :([/quote]

Well...they ARE used. Getting discs that are near perfect are just a bonus, not a guarantee.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']All of my game discs look 'used', complete with small scracthes and smudge marks. :([/quote]

They are used though! :D

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']All of my game discs look 'used', complete with small scracthes and smudge marks. :([/quote]

They are used though! :D[/quote]

But they do come complete with manual and case, as long as the game plays who cares what the disk looks like.

[quote name='PsyClerk'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']All of my game discs look 'used', complete with small scracthes and smudge marks. :([/quote]

Well...they ARE used. Getting discs that are near perfect are just a bonus, not a guarantee.[/quote]

I think he was just a bit let down after seeing everyone else's glowing "OMG TEH DISC!" reviews.

I know. I was just trying to point out that those should have been viewed as exceptions, not the rule. Even I was disappointed to see the last game I got was not in pristine condition, until I realized I paid $10 for it to begin with.

I wouldn't mind the minor scuffmarks on my Manhunt disc, except the game seems to take a few seconds to start up after the Xbox logo screen, and I'm not sure if my loading times are normal or not (usually around 6-8 seconds each level). Is that normal, or is my copy scuffed enough to be the cause of the loading troubles?

so is the ps2 version of bon EoN better than the xbox version? i have a ps2 online adapter but would i be able to play online with dial up? they sent me the wrong ps2 version when i ordered the xbox version..f so, i plan to return it back to them

[quote name='rly723']so is the ps2 version of bon EoN better than the xbox version? i have a ps2 online adapter but would i be able to play online with dial up? they sent me the wrong ps2 version when i ordered the xbox version..f so, i plan to return it back to them[/quote]

The ps2 version is the superior version because it is the only one that has online play. Xbox version doesn't have it. And it supports dialup I believe.

[quote name='aoLat']PsyClerk your avatar looks EXTREMELY familiar. Is it from XenoGears or am I just crazy?[/quote]

I believe that avatar is of Kyle from Lunar: Silver Star Story.

[quote name='aoLat']PsyClerk your avatar looks EXTREMELY familiar. Is it from XenoGears or am I just crazy?[/quote]

Edge is right in that it is Kyle. However the actual picture comes from Lunar Legend on GBA. Believe me, I've looked for a better (read: not as fuzzy) Kyle avatar, and none exist.

I'm weak! I just ordered TD: EoD and ToS, way too cheap to pass up. Please someone stop me! Oh well, I've gotta go pick up all of my online purchases from the past week or so.

[quote name='rly723']so is the ps2 version of bon EoN better than the xbox version? i have a ps2 online adapter but would i be able to play online with dial up? they sent me the wrong ps2 version when i ordered the xbox version..f so, i plan to return it back to them[/quote]
I have the PS2 version, and online play is broadband-only. It's more of a modest extra than a full-fledged feature in this game, though (I don't see many online, if at all), so you may want the Xbox version. It's your call.

just tried playing sudeki...after the start screen i get the message that the disk is damaged or dirty..after some cleaning, it still wont load...so now its 4 of the 9 games i'm returning back to gamefly..problem is the usps wont except the original buble envelopes they came in, because it was opened already..i was told by gamefly i could use the original ones and just put return to sender on them...now if usps wont let me, i'll be forced to pay shipping for each..what a hassle

[quote name='rly723']just tried playing sudeki...after the start screen i get the message that the disk is damaged or dirty..after some cleaning, it still wont load...so now its 4 of the 9 games i'm returning back to gamefly..problem is the usps wont except the original buble envelopes they came in, because it was opened already..i was told by gamefly i could use the original ones and just put return to sender on them...now if usps wont let me, i'll be forced to pay shipping for each..what a hassle[/quote]

You sure it's the discs or is it your xbox? If you have an old xbox with a thompson drive and discs look to be in good condition, then it's probably your xbox.

Ordered myself a Psi-Ops for $10, sounds fun.

Seriously considering ordering a Hitman Contracts, since I love Hitman 2. Also kicking myself for not ordering a Riddick or Full Spectrum Warrior when they were there/cheaper. Oh well, such is life.

[quote name='rly723']probably not the xbox, its thefirst time for any game its happened..its an older xbox from 2001[/quote]

Check your drive, if it's a thompson, also you said this is the 4th disc? Were all the others xbox games?If so I'd bet dollars to donuts it's the xbox. This is also assuming the discs look to be in good shape. If they are scratched to hell, then it could easily be the discs.

My old thompson xbox started doing this right out of the blue too, it started with a brand new nfl 2k5 disc.

my bad...i didnt explain it well..sudeki is the first game that wont work, but the other 3 work, i'm returning them because of lots of scratches on mvp 2004 and espn baseball and they sent me the ps2 version of bond, when i ordered the xbox version..o thats why i have to return 4 of the 9 games i ordered..ll cox games by the way

[quote name='rly723']my bad...i didnt explain it well..sudeki is the first game that wont work, but the other 3 work, i'm returning them because of lots of scratches on mvp 2004 and espn baseball and they sent me the ps2 version of bond, when i ordered the xbox version..o thats why i have to return 4 of the 9 games i ordered..ll cox games by the way[/quote]

ah, well if the disc is all scratched up, then it's probably the disc

Oh yeah, Otogi 2...that's another game I've been wanting to get for cheap (really liked the first one, and the second sounds even better). So tempting...but I'll force myself to wait until it's under $20. CheapyD seems to have the same taste in games that I do...let me know how you like Breakdown when you get it ;)

Ordered Hitman Contracts as well. Hopefully Gamefly will keep getting games in at nice prices like this. I kinda doubt it, but I certainly hope so.

Only major tempting thing there now is The Suffering, but with Psi-Ops and Hitman Contracts on the way as well as all the other X-Box games I need to get around to playing I think I'll resist.

I guess I'll post the condition of the games as I get 'em, too.

I got all my games in good condition today, little to not scratchs.
However, while playing Full Spectrum Warrior I noticed It's rather difficult to input commands, like simply hitting the A button in options I feel I have to forcevily push in the button. Is FSW rbutton senstitve or what, or is it just my copy? No other games on the XBox are this difficult.

Which version of Manhunt do people recommend? I heard the Xbox version has bugs and was a sloppy port, but might have extra features.

[quote name='rawisjericho']
Which version of Manhunt do people recommend? I heard the Xbox version has bugs and was a sloppy port, but might have extra features.

xbox version seems fine to me so far.[/quote]

You're probably right. I think I may have read some topics like these a while back: http://boards.ign.com/Manhunt/b6856/57091497/?11 That was complaining about how the Xbox version doesn't have widescreen support.

And to answer my own question I can't find any differences between the two versions mentioned anywhere. Even graphically the Xbox and PS2 version are said to be identical.

The XBox version seems more grainy than the PS2 version, which actually helps out with the graphics. Gives it a better feel to the game.

Having owned both versions at one time or another, I'd choose the XBox. The controls aren't as easy to master as the PS2 version, but the saving and loading is lightning fast. The grainy feel helps the overall creepy feeling of the game, and the XBL headset is supported.. so i'd go with the XBox version.

I would imagine that the PS2 version would support any headset. Use it. It makes the game ten times creepier. If you have any friends over, don't tell them about the mic.. I had a friend over yesterday who was interested in the game and I made the mistake of telling her.. i'd be about to come up behind a guy, and she'd go "HEY I'M RIGHT HERE!!!" really loud into the mic and get me killed :(

I'd try to run and she'd start going "I'M HERE! COME AND GET ME!" then make blowing noises into the mic that would alert everyone :(

I waited too long to dump Showdown.. oh well. It's a great game, for $10 everyone should pick it up.

Sly 2 for $20 is a good deal.. Driv3r is certainly worth 8..

FYI NBA Ballers is also 9.99 on XBox.. I might bite on that, but probably not.. it's bound to get cheaper..

JUst got FIFA 2004 for GC - the box and instructions are in excellent shape and the disc is in almost perfect condition. Great deal and fast service.

whats eveyone's experience returning games to gamefly...i jsut called cust. sevice and was told i am responsible for shipping if the envelope was open...thats at least $1.99 per game and getting a new bubble envelope to ship in..so at least an addiitonal $3 spent...i was planning to return 4 games:ESPN and MVP due scratches, but [playable, Sudeki won't load because dirty or damaged disc even affter cleaning it, and Bond:EoN they sent me the PS2 version instead of the xbox version...now i'll probably return just bond and sudeki, since spending at least $3 shipping on a $10 or less game is too much...i had a good experience with gameflu before when renting, but ive been disappointed this time..its not my fault they sent the wrong game and another wont work..they sould at least offer a shipping label to return

Did anyone order the Street Fighter Anniversary from them? If so, did they ship the anime movie with it? I was just at EB and saw that it comes w/ the game, so I was just curious if they included it as well, or if it was a limited thing, or what.

[quote name='Richter']SF: AC is only 1 cd, the movie is included (not as a separate disc)[/quote]

Ah, good to know - thanks!

I placed my order on Decemeber 31 receieved today:

Hitman COntracts and Sudeki came in mint condition while Bujingai was almost new!

[quote name='Mishimaryu']I placed my order on Decemeber 31 receieved today:

Hitman COntracts and Sudeki came in mint condition while Bujingai was almost new![/quote]

I ordered my ToS on the 31st and still haven't received it. :cry:

[quote name='slidecage']Another price drop
WWE day of reckoning for gamecube
http://www.gamefly.com/products/static/GameCube WWE Day of Reckoning Fighting THQ 110540.htm

17.99 member 19.99 non member Very temping at this price

hey got a Question What is better

Tales for Gamecube From gamefly 17.99
Tales for Gamecube Brand new sealed 23.88

I found a rain check from the time they had it the day after thanksgiving brand new for 23.88 ... Its only 5.44 Sealed compair to used[/quote]

Get both and ebay one of them off.

[quote name='aoLat'][quote name='Mishimaryu']I placed my order on Decemeber 31 receieved today:

Hitman COntracts and Sudeki came in mint condition while Bujingai was almost new![/quote]

I ordered my ToS on the 31st and still haven't received it. :cry:[/quote]

Have you received a shipping confirmation e-mail? There was no mail service on Saturday or Sunday. I ordered Driv3r (Xbox) last week and it just shipped on Monday. It should probably be here by Saturday.

Ordered 5 games the day after Christmas and received them all today.

These games are absolutely immaculate. My copy of Manhunt has a small hairline scratch towards the edge, but it should play fine. I've gotten much worse from EB. The cases and manuals are pristine. I thought for a second the discs came loose inside the case during shipment, but it turned out it was a little Gamefly insert they put in each case. Too funny.

Although the game I ordered from Gamefly looked great. We have a choice of ordering SFAC for $15 used at gamefly or $17 new at kbtoys... But the shipping... Do you guys think kbtoys will price match their website?

bread's done
Back