(DEAD) Game of Thrones [Blu-ray] - W/ Exclusive Packaging + Keychain - $34.99 @ BB

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Best Buy has lowered their pre-order price for Game of Thrones on Blu down to $34.99 (DVD is $29.99). They have two exclusive covers to choose from (Stark or Targaryen) plus it comes with a cool keychain. This releases on March 6th.

LINK

Amazon has now PM'd them (no special packaging or keychain however)

f_gamethronKC20108_03.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
So what do I need to do to get this price if I went into a store about a month ago, put down the $5.00, and already opened my free keychain?

Ok so I went with Stark cuz I read wiki and the other house seems like a bunch of incestual nazi elves

But uhhhh.... if the the key chain is not available to ship.... nor avaialble for in store pick up, how the fuck do I get it?

[quote name='shrike4242']Assuming you can find a store that still has them and that the keychain hasn't already shipped out, yes I would.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks; the same BBY where I specified the pickup for the Blu-ray was a choice for picking up the keychain, so I'll get on that tomorrow. :cool:

Son of a bitch. Looks like I'll be getting the run around when I call them tomorrow to to get my existing pre-order adjusted.

I'll gladly settle for a gift card in place of the $10 adjustment.

[quote name='Ravenous']Im going for a blind buy and this will help me decide which exclusive:

1: What family is Sean Bean part of?
2. Who are the Targaryen? Bad guys, rival family? weirdo freaks? Badasses? Keep it spoiler free please :)[/QUOTE]
1: As it's been said, Stark. Family crest is the Direwolf. "Winter is coming."
2: Kind of a gray area, kind of all the above. A family of conqourers, kings, mad men, and even saviors. Family crest is the three-headed dragon. "Fire and blood."

The true destiny of both families is yet to be determined, even after five volumes of books. You will find yourself rooting for both. The Lanisters don't get a cover... this season.

Targaryen's are the rightful heirs to the throne. Other then all that mad kinging, rape and potential kidnapping they're not all that bad.

Blind buy for me. Never seen the show but I've heard great things. Went with Stark, and a store near me had the keychain in stock. And it came to about 9 bucks after RZ cert and giftcards.

[quote name='FireWarrior']Keychain was not available for shipping nor was it available for pickup at my local store so I decided to go with Amazon instead.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here, I'm not driving 15 miles just for a keychain. I will be at best buy that day to pick up my ME3 LE. But I figured I don't need to exclusive cover and have to pay sales tax on it.

[quote name='DarkZion']Blind buy for me. Never seen the show but I've heard great things. Went with Stark, and a store near me had the keychain in stock. And it came to about 9 bucks after RZ cert and giftcards.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadowkast']Gonna blind buy as well. Best buy mobile is acting up though, won't let me sign in, etc. Will purchase later[/QUOTE]

you guys won't be disappointed

[quote name='elessar123']I have no idea which one to get. I like the Targaryen art, but they're more secondary characters? I haven't watched it yet. We got HBO for True Blood and this, but they never put up episode one on OnDemand...[/QUOTE]

The cast is so wide and varied that "primary" and "secondary" are not easy labels. The houses are more like factions that rise and fall throughout the series.

The Targaryens shaped Westeros in significant ways and have major role to play in the unfolding saga.

Me, I'm going with Stark as been of the North since I started reading the books years ago.

$35-$15 credit, yeah I am getting this.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Here's my issue. I can watch any episode I want on HBO GO. Also When this series ends there will be a super duper King of The North Box set which I'll want and will come out to be less than buying them individually. Might have to pass.[/QUOTE]

True, but given the series will end in 2017-2018 range (assuming Martin moves along with books 6 and 7 and assuming it will end on book 7...) I don't mind one bit supporting the show I dreamed would be made for a decade.

[quote name='ajumbaje']I really want to read the books[/QUOTE]

The books are fantastic- especially the first three. I have an autographed first edition hardcover of "Game of Thrones" that Mr. Martin was kind enough to send to me years ago. That small act of generosity on his part made me a fan for life.

for all you guys wanting to read the books, you can get the first four on paperback in a set for around 20 bucks on amazon. they are great and are a good length. game of thrones is around 800 pages and they only get bigger

I was torn on which to get, ended up with Stark cover. key chain was in store only, f it. I guess i'll have to make the drive to a best buy.

Well, crap--I called 1-800-BESTBUY around 2pm EST to ask if I could change the shipping for the keychain from shipping to my address to in-store pickup, but I was told that since the order was currently in the "acknowledgement" stage in the warehouse, no changes could be made until it progressed to the following stage, so I should "call back in a couple of hours".

A couple of hours later, I tried again but was told the same thing (i.e. still in the "order being acknowledged" phase) except that I should try calling tomorrow. A few minutes ago, I checked my email and I got the shipping notice for the keychain. :bomb:

I'll just have to hope it survives the trip, I suppose. :???:

[quote name='ck76']True, but given the series will end in 2017-2018 range (assuming Martin moves along with books 6 and 7 and assuming it will end on book 7...) I don't mind one bit supporting the show I dreamed would be made for a decade.[/QUOTE]
Quite possibly longer. The third book, "Storm of Swords" is going to be filmed as two seasons to maintain accuracy with the books without leaving a ton of stuff out. I would not be surprised if "Feast for Crows" and "Dance with Dragons" are filmed at the same time, but as three seasons for the two books (since they happen mostly simultainiously).

[quote name='Blumpkin']Quite possibly longer. The third book, "Storm of Swords" is going to be filmed as two seasons to maintain accuracy with the books without leaving a ton of stuff out. I would not be surprised if "Feast for Crows" and "Dance with Dragons" are filmed at the same time, but as three seasons for the two books (since they happen mostly simultaneously).[/QUOTE]

That's dangerous territory though. To have a show with this budget stick around for 10 seasons or more is going to take not only keeping the ratings they have, but raising them a bit as it goes a long. Not saying it won't happen, but look at the history of shows on HBO.

While I'm sure the budgets of Sopranos and Sex and the City (off-hand the longest running HBO shows I can remember) surely got huge near the end, they always held and gained in the ratings. And both those shows only went 6 seasons and neither budget is touching Game of Thrones.

The only two shows that actually ran longer were 30 minute comedies. Entourage and Curb. And those have seasons of 10 episodes and or, some very short seasons (Entourage's last was 6.)

Game of Thrones actually making the entire book run in television form, with some books split in two, would be unprecedented for HBO by almost double their longest running show.

I am hoping that they stick to one season per book so Martin doesn't take 6+ years to finish The Winds of Winter and the 7th and final book. At least I can look forward to the early Jan. 2013 release of the final Wheel of Time book. I probably won't read another new book by Martin for a couple of years at least.

For all of you Martin fans, he just published a chapter from The Winds of Winter on his site. It is one of Theon's. Pretty good read.

Theon

[quote name='DestroVega']That's dangerous territory though. To have a show with this budget stick around for 10 seasons or more is going to take not only keeping the ratings they have, but raising them a bit as it goes a long. Not saying it won't happen, but look at the history of shows on HBO.

While I'm sure the budgets of Sopranos and Sex and the City (off-hand the longest running HBO shows I can remember) surely got huge near the end, they always held and gained in the ratings. And both those shows only went 6 seasons and neither budget is touching Game of Thrones.

The only two shows that actually ran longer were 30 minute comedies. Entourage and Curb. And those have seasons of 10 episodes and or, some very short seasons (Entourage's last was 6.)

Game of Thrones actually making the entire book run in television form, with some books split in two, would be unprecedented for HBO by almost double their longest running show.[/QUOTE]

So i take it your of the opinion that the show wont see out the complete series of books?
I too love the show, but your making a good argument here, it would be hard for HBO to continue the show if ratings took a dive.

[quote name='seether254']So i take it your of the opinion that the show wont see out the complete series of books?
I too love the show, but your making a good argument here, it would be hard for HBO to continue the show if ratings took a dive.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to say my opinion is it won't. Right now it's the darling of the network. I'm just saying it's gonna be tough to make it the whole run, they will need its rating to raise a little bit season by season to make it feasible. If the ratings took a dive, it's definitely over. But I don't see that happening, not a dive.

[quote name='Ravenous']Im going for a blind buy and this will help me decide which exclusive:

1: What family is Sean Bean part of?
2. Who are the Targaryen? Bad guys, rival family? weirdo freaks? Badasses? Keep it spoiler free please :)[/QUOTE]

#1 has been answered. Easy question, easy answer.

#2 is not so easy. There are few 'good' and 'evil' characters in the series, it is more based off of intrigue and politics. They used to have the throne in their family, until Robert became King after a successful rebellion by many families against the Targaryen rule. That doesn't make them 'bad' persay though. Some of the family is remembered as bad, some good.

Hmmm, so I just got my ready for pick up email for the keychain. WTF? I had to resort to having to pick everything up at a BB about 20 miles from me. I go to that side of town at least once every 2 weeks so I was gonna pick it up than. But the damn keychain order says if I dont get it by 3/2 the order will be canceled. This is before the blu is even released... goddamn it

[quote name='robdees']The books are fantastic- especially the first three. I have an autographed first edition hardcover of "Game of Thrones" that Mr. Martin was kind enough to send to me years ago. That small act of generosity on his part made me a fan for life.[/QUOTE]
I can do kindle or ipad

How good is the series? I heard some good thing about it and games are coming out for it but I felt $35 is a bit overprice for just 10 episodes blu ray set...

[quote name='Xellos2099']How good is the series? I heard some good thing about it and games are coming out for it but I felt $35 is a bit overprice for just 10 episodes blu ray set...[/QUOTE]

Some 90 min Blu ray movies are $20. 10 hours of a great show for $35 is not bad.

Jumped on it.

First series that I'll own on blu, not counting Band of Brothers. I'm always skeptical about buying any tv series that isn't a comedy as the jokes may continue to be funny but drama can become stagnate real quick considering you know what's going to happen.

I guess that shows the faith I have in this series.

Couldn't pass up this deal for one of my favorite TV series! I went with the Stark cover, and for those interested in the books... absolutely do it! I received the Game of Thrones softcover four book set as a Christmas gift and I'm just starting out book two ("A Clash Of Kings")... fantastic stuff so far!

I want to get this but the closest stores with the keychains are nearly two hours away. Do any of you know if the keychain will come back in stock for shipping or become available at more stores anytime soon? It's hard to believe that out of the 20 stores within a 100 mile or more radius that only two have them in stock! I'm thinking that either all stores haven't gotten them yet or they got them but only got like one or two each.

[quote name='seether254']So i take it your of the opinion that the show wont see out the complete series of books?
I too love the show, but your making a good argument here, it would be hard for HBO to continue the show if ratings took a dive.[/QUOTE]

I think they'll work with Martin and have him outline the overall plot for the remaining books for screenplays once they know how many seasons they are going to have.

There's a lot of non-essential to the main plot material in books 4 and 5.

So I could see them cutting a lot and doing it in 5 or 6 seasons depending on how many major plot events happen in the last two books.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is ASOS is going to be one 12 or 13 episode season. Meanwhile AFFC and ADWD will be combined into one 12 or 13 episode season. IMO HBO is not going to allow this series to last longer than 6 seasons. It's just too hard to keep up good ratings over an extended period of time.

I'm in. Never got around to watching the show, but I know I'll like it. I'd rather watch on Blu-Ray than HBO Go anyhow.
For some strange reason, my main store didn't have the keychain, so I have to make a special trip for a free item. I'll grab it next time I'm in the area.

I called again about getting a price adjustment since the $10 price drop and they just said they were going to credit my credit card $10.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I called again about getting a price adjustment since the $10 price drop and they just said they were going to credit my credit card $10.[/QUOTE]Don't believe it until you see it listed in your order information, which will likely take a few days to happen.

[quote name='shrike4242']Don't believe it until you see it listed in your order information, which will likely take a few days to happen.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I dont believe it for a second because there's no email confirmation or case number for it or anything. And I dont see why they'd refund me before I ever actually pay. Pretty sure he just wanted me off the phone.

It's ok though I just made sure to call so soon about it again so I can get it sorted out before it releases. I really dont like BB so if it's not fixed by release I'd rather just not give them my business.

I went and ordered it but I had to cancel my keychain since they said it wasn't availible for shipping so I had to do in store pick up, but all the ones in my city didn't have it so they wanted me to drive 40 miles to get it. That just wasn't worth it at all for a keychain.

I wasn't convinced at $45, but $35 is easily a number I can live with for what sounds to be a fantastic release (and I've already seen all the episodes, but have a bunch of friends who haven't).

They pulled it from the website for the keychain SKU, most likely because it's a week before it releases.

SKU # is 4569235 and when searching for that item on BestBuy.com has it fail the search.

[quote name='Vigilante']My keychain arrived in the mail today and in mint condition, so I didn't have anything to worry about after all. :D[/QUOTE]Good to hear. Though, you do see now how piss-poor of a packaging job it was, right?

[quote name='shrike4242']Good to hear. Though, you do see now how piss-poor of a packaging job it was, right?[/QUOTE]Actually, it was better packaged than I expected--was your package shipped in a white slightly-bigger-than-DVD-sized plastic "envelope"?

bread's done
Back