(DEAD) Game of Thrones [Blu-ray] - W/ Exclusive Packaging + Keychain - $34.99 @ BB

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Best Buy has lowered their pre-order price for Game of Thrones on Blu down to $34.99 (DVD is $29.99). They have two exclusive covers to choose from (Stark or Targaryen) plus it comes with a cool keychain. This releases on March 6th.

LINK

Amazon has now PM'd them (no special packaging or keychain however)

f_gamethronKC20108_03.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']They do have fewer regular ones than exclusive ones currently. Are the exclusive covers just slipcovers with the standard underneath or no?[/QUOTE]

I'm not able to say for sure since I didn't get one of those copies, but I am pretty sure that the packaging is completely different. The slipcover that was on mine only covered the front/back and sides (meaning the top and bottom part that was exposed was the actual case). I thought that the Stark version (which is gray instead of black) was gray on all sides, which probably means its different.

Edit: Okay, I guess my speculation was wrong... please ignore!

I didn't read through the thread to see if it was mentioned but they had "best buy" exclusive coasters (Set of 4) for I think $6.99 if you're into collecting that type of stuff

[quote name='mpaullin']I'm not able to say for sure since I didn't get one of those copies, but I am pretty sure that the packaging is completely different. The slipcover that was on mine only covered the front/back and sides (meaning the top and bottom part that was exposed was the actual case). I thought that the Stark version (which is gray instead of black) was gray on all sides, which probably means its different.

Edit: Okay, I guess my speculation was wrong... please ignore![/QUOTE]
Oh what you said looks right. I'd need to see a detailed pic of the regular version to say for sure but my slipcover version does not have that ornamental decoration crap along the boarders like the regular one apparently does (or is that just a slipcover also?). It has the same main picture of stark on the throne but instead of the decorative boarder the pic just fades to black making the top/bottom black as you say.

edit: heres a shitty pic. The darkest parts at the bottom are just shadows but you get the idea of what it actually looks like:
SFO7Z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']Oh what you said looks right. I'd need to see a detailed pic of the regular version to say for sure but my slipcover version does not have that ornamental decoration crap along the boarders like the regular one apparently does (or is that just a slipcover also?). It has the same main picture of stark on the throne but instead of the decorative boarder the pic just fades to black making the top/bottom black as you say.

edit: heres a shitty pic. The darkest parts at the bottom are just shadows but you get the idea of what it actually looks like: [/QUOTE]

Yes, that decorative border that you are talking about is a slipcover just like the targaryen one you have. Inside it looks the same as yours.

LOL, my closest store is so incredibly fubar'd. Went at opening and they only had the Stark (10+ each blu and DVD) packaging and regular ones (20+ each blu and DVD). Asked for the Targaryen cover, and spent half an hour there as various employees went back and forth to the stockroom/back looking for it as the computer indicated they had 12 of them in stock. None were in the pre-order/online pickup area. They couldn't find them and blamed it on "a third party company that stocks the bluray/dvd section" (which is a complete disaster).

Second store I hit had only 2 left of the Targaryen version blu (none of the DVD), tons of Stark (20+ both blu and DVD) and tons of the regular (20+ blu, 50+ DVD). It also had 12+ each of Mass Effect 3 CE for PS3 and X360 available in the game storage cage, LOL. According to online inventory tracker, the Targaryen one is sold out at most stores near me already, but all show the Stark as available. I'm assuming they made equal amounts of both versions, but who knows?

I wonder what the dragon (easter) eggs are? Hopefully one of them is the "target exclusive" special effects featurette...

[quote name='Mikerocosms']With BB you can always expect hiccups. But for the most part they should get it right. Just know your sku # (on your receipt) and make sure it matches with the item you are receiving. BB knows they are supposed to get you the sku that matches your receipt.

M[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree; my luck with BB-exclusive stuff with a store pickup is about 50/50. There is no system for them to have to confirm they picked the correct item until you actually go to pick it up (and even then it can be missed). Strangely, my online orders have been 100% correct, so I usually try to order exclusives when I can online so I don't have to worry if they picked the wrong item and then try to track down the RIGHT item (if it even still exists, if the item is super-limited).

I was all set to order one of these sets (as a blind buy) until Amazon did the PM (and then it showed up in my gold box) and I decided I actually liked the original cover better than either of the exclusive versions. :)

Just started watching and I have to say it is one of the better looking blu-rays in my collection.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Well my Stark cover copy came in the mail all banged up, we'll see how the exchange process goes if there are any left at the stores.[/QUOTE]

They banged up Taxi Driver br book on me twice. Just don't open it and youre good to go in store. Prolly won't get stuff shipped from bb anymore though.

Okay, so now I have three copies of the blu ray. Got my copy from Amazon, bought the Target exclusive with the bonus DVD and the Stark version from BB. I don't know why I felt compelled to buy all three. I should probably return one of them. Maybe the Amazon copy will go back since it has no special features.

[quote name='thebob101']Okay, so now I have three copies of the blu ray. Got my copy from Amazon, bought the Target exclusive with the bonus DVD and the Stark version from BB. I don't know why I felt compelled to buy all three. I should probably return one of them. Maybe the Amazon copy will go back since it has no special features.[/QUOTE]So says the guy with the Stark tattoo.... :lol:

[quote name='Romeo']Did ANY store receive the coasters? Apparently none in my state did.[/QUOTE]

my local store (fayetteville, AR) had ~3 of them when i was there a couple of hours ago.

[quote name='thebob101']Okay, so now I have three copies of the blu ray. Got my copy from Amazon, bought the Target exclusive with the bonus DVD and the Stark version from BB. I don't know why I felt compelled to buy all three. I should probably return one of them. Maybe the Amazon copy will go back since it has no special features.[/QUOTE]

You're forgetting about the walmart bonus...

[quote name='Romeo']You're forgetting about the walmart bonus...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what WalMart bonus?

Shrike, I had to have all three. I am going back to get another tattoo- the Stark sigil from the keychain. Man, I am obsessive.

[quote name='thebob101']Yeah, what WalMart bonus?

Shrike, I had to have all three. I am going back to get another tattoo- the Stark sigil from the keychain. Man, I am obsessive.[/QUOTE]

Exclusive Includes: Houses of the Seven Kingdoms (16 min.) A Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin describes the many Houses that comprise Westeros, providing insight into their history, heraldry, traditions, and their underlying position within the Seven Kingdoms

[quote name='ShogunNage']Exclusive Includes: Houses of the Seven Kingdoms (16 min.) A Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin describes the many Houses that comprise Westeros, providing insight into their history, heraldry, traditions, and their underlying position within the Seven Kingdoms[/QUOTE]

Hmm...I could've sworn I read the same featurette description on the back of the Targaryen case. I suspect all of these "exclusive" features are the hidden/unlockable "dragon eggs" mentioned.

Got mine from Amazon yesterday. Nice looking case, but I wish they'd made it slimmer. I'm not a big fan of these cumbersome, fold out box sets, and they eat up a lot of space on the shelf (especially over multiple seasons).

Watched the first episode last night, PQ is great.

HBO sucks for that unfortunately. It's too bad we can't get one like that they have in Sweden. Theirs just comes in a plastic blu case in very slim packaging.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Watched the first episode last night, PQ is great.[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah... They had me worried with that ad for HBO blu-ray at the beginning of the disc, because the quality was so bad on it -- it looked like it was in standard definition! Who thought it was a good idea to make their ad for their blu-rays in standard definition? Heh.

The actual show looks fantastic, though.

All I've watched so far is the Complete Guide to Westeros feature (not all of it yet). This should be required viewing for people who haven't read the book. I'm excited to rewatch the season now that I have a much better understanding of what the hell is going on.

Now that I have this understanding, does anyone know if the second season should be much more accessible to me? Or does the second book also rely on a crap-ton of back story that has not yet been introduced?

*I realize this is probably not the best place to ask such questions, but I wasn't sure where else to go since I don't want to give imdb a credit card number.

I was a little disappointed with the exclusive packaging from Best Buy. I expected something more then just a slip case cover.

[quote name='Blumpkin']I was a little disappointed with the exclusive packaging from Best Buy. I expected something more then just a slip case cover.[/QUOTE]

I was too. Or at least a better quality slip cover.

[quote name='mpaullin']All I've watched so far is the Complete Guide to Westeros feature (not all of it yet). This should be required viewing for people who haven't read the book. I'm excited to rewatch the season now that I have a much better understanding of what the hell is going on.

Now that I have this understanding, does anyone know if the second season should be much more accessible to me? Or does the second book also rely on a crap-ton of back story that has not yet been introduced?

*I realize this is probably not the best place to ask such questions, but I wasn't sure where else to go since I don't want to give imdb a credit card number.[/QUOTE]

It will be somewhat easier to follow, but there is still a lot of new characters that are added to the story.

Had the Targaryen set ordered a few months back... but impulse bought the Stark BD as well.

Glad I did, because in the past couple days all I've seen are DVD copies of the exclusive cases. Will leave the Stark one sealed and watch the Targaryen box :)

Well I got fucked in the ass today trying to get this.

I had to go to a BB 15 miles away since they only had the keychain (thats ok cuz Im out there about 1 every 2 weeks). I go to pick everything up today and yea I got my keychain... but they didnt hold my damn Stark Blu and they were sold out! Apparently they held just the key chain and that showed in their system as fulfilled! I got pissed and waitied 30 mins for the guy to finally contact another best buy, the only one with copies left, to hold 1 of 2 for me. Its on my way home so I said ok. For this they guy gave me a $10 gc that I had to solicit for after the inconvenience.

I go to the other best buy and theyre not holding it.... It appears the manager at the first BB told me the wrong best buy to go to! I got even more furious cuz they didnt have any. After waiting for 20 mins they found one. It turns out they took some guys who had it on preorder, but since he didnt show, theyre giving me his.

I am so angry over this. The fact I feel sick today and weather is has been stormy, is only heightening it.

[quote name='Ravenous']Well I got fucked in the ass today trying to get this.

I had to go to a BB 15 miles away since they only had the keychain (thats ok cuz Im out there about 1 every 2 weeks). I go to pick everything up today and yea I got my keychain... but they didnt hold my damn Stark Blu and they were sold out! Apparently they held just the key chain and that showed in their system as fulfilled! I got pissed and waitied 30 mins for the guy to finally contact another best buy, the only one with copies left, to hold 1 of 2 for me. Its on my way home so I said ok. For this they guy gave me a $10 gc that I had to solicit for after the inconvenience.

I go to the other best buy and theyre not holding it.... It appears the manager at the first BB told me the wrong best buy to go to! I got even more furious cuz they didnt have any. After waiting for 20 mins they found one. It turns out they took some guys who had it on preorder, but since he didnt show, theyre giving me his.

I am so angry over this. The fact I feel sick today and weather is has been stormy, is only heightening it.[/QUOTE]

and the cycle continues...

Sooo Best Buy sold my Targeryn preorder to someone else. I got a stark but I'm kinda pissed. Going to figure out what to do from here...

[quote name='abhinav']Sooo Best Buy sold my Targeryn preorder to someone else. I got a stark but I'm kinda pissed. Going to figure out what to do from here...[/QUOTE]

Get it from the website, free shipping. Anybody find anywhere that there is still keychains?

Well, I hadn't called BB to get my pre-orders price matched to the lower price, but it appears they refunded me the difference automatically. I know some people were annoyed that they thought they had to call to get it changed.

Hey guys,

Care to clarify, I am a little confused at the price change. Was 34.99 the pre-order price? Am I too late for that now?

Was hoping to pick up one today with my reward zone gc but it seems the price has jumped as well as Amazon.

[quote name='lunasicc']Hey guys,

Care to clarify, I am a little confused at the price change. Was 34.99 the pre-order price? Am I too late for that now?

Was hoping to pick up one today with my reward zone gc but it seems the price has jumped as well as Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it was a preorder price that stuck for the first week of sale. Since today is Sunday that sale is now over.

M

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Headsets don't hide titties.[/QUOTE]

As great as that quote is, I have to disagree:

NiceBra.jpg

bread's done
Back