[DEAD] GameCube Mario Kart Double Dash Bundle w/2 Controllers $99.99

No, it's two controllers OR one controller + gift card (really a coupon). But I wouldn't order a system with the coupon by mail -- it may not arrive before the check expires Monday.

I'm pretty sure the two-controllers MK:DD bundle was a Wal-Mart exclusive.

No its the one with 2 controllers and no gift check. Other stores had the 2 controller bundle also, just can't name them now. Its been a while back. EB had the deal on the one with the gift check around Xmas time, it was the bundle + any game $29.99 or less (correct me if I am wrong). It seemed like there was more to the deal, and I am kicking myself for not getting it then.

I can't believe that with deals like this floating around that there are still people out there who actually like video games but don't own a Gamecube...

I got the one with the $15 "coupon".. I bought it from a GameCrazy.. anyways, there wasn't a "new" game I wanted to get, since I had gotten RE4 the previous day, and since I shop at GC and am fairly loyal to them, he let me just change the $15 "coupon" into $15 in store credit.. now I can get whatever, including a used game. So if anyone out there has the $15 coupon (which expires 1/31) and doesn't know what to do.. try to get a manager of EB or GC to turn it into store credit. All PC GC titles at GameCrazy cost $14.99 used, so I can get a free game sometime using that. I wanted to get Animal Crossing used, but it didn't include the memory card.. good thing I checked for Animal Crossing, though, because they had four copies on the shelf, and three still had the game inside. "Whoops!"

Animal Crossing with memory card is only $15 at CC this week, provided you buy another $15 PC game. I just got it yesterday and was surprised to see that it came with the memory card.

[quote name='seanw']Animal Crossing with memory card is only $15 at CC this week, provided you buy another $15 PC game. I just got it yesterday and was surprised to see that it came with the memory card.[/quote]

Ah, but no money. Here comes the moral dilemma. I've had AC before, and I LOVE it. For five extra bucks, I could get it with the memory card.. that's a while off now though, i'm broke - i'm going to have enough money to get the Donkey Konga from guessed and that'll be it for a while. Man.. when I got AC for 49.99 and it came with the memory card, I thought that was a hell of a deal -- can't imagine how you felt paying $15 and getting a memory card. Are there any new/sealed NON-PC copies of this anywhere? I hate the PC/GH/PH casing..

I got the one with coupon and used it towards RE4, an excellent deal...Ended up with:

A platinum Cube
A platinum Nintendo Controller
A platinum Wavebird
1019 Mem. Card
Mario Kart:DD
RE4

All for $190 through Best Buy...Awesome deal IMO

I have also seen this bundle (2controllers + MK:DD) at my local Target. They had about a dozen when I was there this past weekend.

Well...I'm thinking about getting this bundle.

Also, I was playing around on EBgames.com and for $86 AC I can get the following, all USED:

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - Pre-Played
WaveBird Wireless Controller -Pre-Played
The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Pre-Played
Star Wars: Rebel Strike - Rogue Squadron III - Pre-Played
PO-GC GAMEBOY PLAYER GC

[quote name='CheapyD']Well...I'm thinking about getting this bundle.

Also, I was playing around on EBgames.com and for $86 AC I can get the following, all USED:

PO-GC GAMEBOY PLAYER GC[/quote]

you forgot animal crossing :wink:

Don't forget that CC has players choice games for $15 which is only slightly more than the used.

I've had a great time doing the cheapass thing with the Cube. I've gotten

Platinum cube + controller = $99
Mario Kart = free with bundle
Zelda: Wind Waker = $0.88 (new, Target with $15 coupon from bundle)
Platinum Wavebird = $30
251 Memory Card = $18 (new PM w/ Target at BB)
Metroid Prime = $11.50 (used, EB B&M w/ Edge card)
Eternal Darkness = $4.50 (used, EB B&M w/ Edge & B1G1/2)
TimeSplitters 2 = $10 (new, BB)
Harry Potter COS = $7.50 (used, EB.com AC)
Super Monkey Ball = $13 (used @ pre-played)
Animal Crossing = $15 (new, CC)
59 memory card = free w/ Animal Crossing
Super Smash Bros Melee = $15 (new, CC)
Zelda: Collectors Edition = $35 (used, EB.com AC)
GBA cable = $8 (used, GameCrazy)
2 Gray Wavebirds @ $16 (new, KMart clearance w/ Metroid Prime)
(2 Metroid Primes = $20 credit at Gamestop)

That adds up to $299, less if you subtract the Gamestop credit.

Also the used generic memory card for the GC at eb is brand new in its package for $6.99. So its says used but its new, YMMV but they have them in B&M store all the time.

One thing you might want to consider when buying used; the warranty. With a new GameCube you do get a 1 year warranty. Not sure what type of warranty, if any, you get with a used system or games. I guess that's up to the retailer.
Third party memory cards are horrible. Nothing like playing a game for hours and trying to access your saved file and it is corrupt or has disappeared. Happens a lot on third party mem cards.

Regarding warranty, I do have to admit I also paid $10 for the Best Buy service plan. Laugh if you will, but I've gotten three new digital cameras via those service plans, and considering that I have a 2-year-old and an infant, I could probably use the backup.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']One thing you might want to consider when buying used; the warranty. With a new GameCube you do get a 1 year warranty. Not sure what type of warranty, if any, you get with a used system or games. I guess that's up to the retailer.
Third party memory cards are horrible. Nothing like playing a game for hours and trying to access your saved file and it is corrupt or has disappeared. Happens a lot on third party mem cards.[/quote]

I have owned 3rd party memory cards for all of my systems - N64, PSX, PS2, and GC and have never had any problems. I don't understand why everyone always complains about this!

[quote name='CheapyD']Well...I'm thinking about getting this bundle.

PO-GC GAMEBOY PLAYER GC[/quote]

You don't own a GC???!!!!! :shock:

All kidding aside...at the price this is now it is almost a sin not to buy one. Some great games coming out this year along with some great ones already here.

I'm seriously considering getting a Gamecube for a while now. It's just that I've got too many games for my Xbox, PS2, and GBA already. Plus, the PSP is just around the corner and I really want one of those. Thank god, I gave up PC gaming 2 years ago.

Yeah, My 500th posts! Took a while to get there hopefully the next 500 will go by quick :)

The Mario Kart:DD Bundle was too sweet, just couldn't pass it up! I found one with the $15 'you've got money' check at EB Monday night. Here's how I put together my own special Mario Kart:DD/RE4 Bundle for $125 + tax. Had raincheck for RE4 from Fry's for $39.99, apply $15 off, and instant RE4 for $24.99. :D Had time to play for 20 minutes tonight; Chainsaw guy wacked my Head off! :p

This is my third Cube, and second copy of MK:DD. (I'm putting a LAN setup together. Just two more Broadband adapters and a 10BASE-T Hub compatible cross cable, and I'm set!)

[quote name='seanw']I've had a great time doing the cheapass thing with the Cube. I've gotten

Super Smash Bros Melee = $15 (new, CC)
.[/quote]

How were you able to get Super Smash Brothers for $15? I've been trying to get that cheap for several months now but it is always excluded from the 2 for $30 or 3 for $40 (Fry's) type deals because it is a $30 game instead of a $20 one.

Is CC considering it as a $20 game for this sale? That makes it a pretty good deal if I can find another PC that I want as well. I didn't even try buying it during the CC $5 glitch sale because I thought it wouldn't work (and maybe it wouldn't have then because that was $19.99 games and not PC/GH/PH games).

The best price I've ever seen for it is $24 at Target.

My CC finally started stocking Super Smash Bros. in the Player's Choice wrapping, and for my cashier that was good enough for the 2 for $30 deal. Had that failed, I would have had them call ShopKo for a price check to show that it's supposed to be a $20 PC title. I don't know if the ShopKo chain extends to your area, but they're selling the PC version for $20.

A quick question for someone. Does the Mario Kart DD bundle Gamecube come with the digital A/V port so it can use the component cable from Nintendo that can display games in progressive scan. Just wondering as I know they stopped making Gamecubes with that digital A/V port sometime last year..

No digital av, it's analog...It still looks good in S-Video...But when you stretch the screen it loses a lot...Then again not many games are in 16*9 mode

[quote name='gaohx']A quick question for someone. Does the Mario Kart DD bundle Gamecube come with the digital A/V port so it can use the component cable from Nintendo that can display games in progressive scan. Just wondering as I know they stopped making Gamecubes with that digital A/V port sometime last year..[/quote]

nintendo will actually swap your cube for free if you really want the digital port. They found that less than 1% of owners used it. Im apart of that 1% lol.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/nintendogamecube/component_faq.jsp

[quote name='seanw']Regarding warranty, I do have to admit I also paid $10 for the Best Buy service plan. Laugh if you will, but I've gotten three new digital cameras via those service plans, and considering that I have a 2-year-old and an infant, I could probably use the backup.[/quote]

Actually the BB service plan (PRP) is the ONLY reason i buy my game systems from them and not other places.
WHY?

because you get all your money back if u call the number before it expires (2years)

Like my new slim ps2. paid 149 + i think 14.99 for 2 year service plan

when ps3 or psp comes out i will call the 800 number tell them the system skips. and get 149+tax BB credit to use on anything i want.
Oh and if their is a price drop it doesnt effect how much credit u get back.

When i worked there i use to tell people about it but they thought i was just trying to sell to them.
The other employee's all bought the plans for the same reasons though.

I've actually problems twice with 3rd party cards (Nyko and another company), so now I only use official ones...

[quote name='Scorch']good thing I checked for Animal Crossing, though, because they had four copies on the shelf, and three still had the game inside. "Whoops!"[/quote]

Wait, um, are you indicating that you stole one of the discs??? Or are you indicating that you told the employee about it or something...?

bread's done
Back