(DEAD) - Gamestop Buy 2 Get 1 Free Sale (Used Games) back starting 4/22!

KingofGames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
At work today we started putting up signs for our Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal. This will officially start tomorrow, April 22nd. I don't have any solid evidence, such as an ad or anything, but I was there when we received the call about the promotion. Figured I'd give the heads up so people can take advantage of this while they still have good items in stock. I'm not sure if this is YMMV or nation-wide, but I am located at store 1626 in Ventura, CA. Hope this information helps you guys out. If this has already been posted, I do apologize.

*edit*
I forgot to mention that this is only on used games. Hope this didn't cause any confusion.

This deal is official dead. No reasons given, but corporate stopped the sale. It was initially planned to go until Saturday.

Haha, small world! How long ago did you live in Ventura and in what area? I've lived in the East end, but currently live in mid-town near Ventura High.

Thanks for the heads up. Better go early before the good games are gone. Probably gonna get God of War, Devil May Cry 3, and hopefully WWE Wrestlemania 21.

I forgot to mention it was on used games only, sorry! In any case, I've got a copy of Disgaea set aside for the sale tomorrow. Not sure what else I'll pick up, but I'm sure I won't have too much trouble finding good stuff to pick up.

Last time I lived out there was about 2 or so years ago (I have family there). I've lived all over around there, last I lived was right around Main and the Avenue.

Does this sale include used DVDs? There are some box sets I want to buy that would work out nicely if this works for DVDs.

we've got the deal in IL too. Picked up MGS2:S for the xbox, MGS:TTS for the cube, and Pikmin..all for $8 after credit.

Sweet, I haven't been in Gamestop the last couple of weeks hoping for another B2G1 free deal so I can stock up on some DVDs.

Stopped by local Gamestop to pick up Wrestlemania 21 and they had the signs posted all over the place. I asked the clerk when it would end and he said that it's good til Monday. Dont know if that's YMMV or not.

while this may be an inventory-clearing move in anticipation of the merger (like with ebgames now), the two still remain separate, and i havent heard anything about it being at ebgames as well

Damn, I hate GS... About a month or two ago when their last B2G1 sale ended I asked if they would be having another one soon and they said they didn't think so - not any time soon. So, since they they've had 2. Whatever.

[quote name='io']Damn, I hate GS... About a month or two ago when their last B2G1 sale ended I asked if they would be having another one soon and they said they didn't think so - not any time soon. So, since they they've had 2. Whatever.[/QUOTE]

They (corp.) don't tell anyone shit, most of the time we find out the night before a sale happens.

[quote name='Handlethevibe']Is it gamestop or ebgames? or is it both since they are all owned by gamestop now...[/QUOTE]

They're not the same company yet. It was just announced a week ago. Mergers don't happen that fast.

man this awesome deals come like, once a month between GS and EB (wait, they are the same now arent they)

they should just activate this deal all the time lol ^_~

[quote name='help1']is there any way to maek this good for preorders?[/QUOTE]

If the preorder was used, then sure!

Any idea if the "trade in 3 get $10 extra" deal is also in effect?

Last time they had it going on the same time as the "buy two get 1 free" deal.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up, OP!

The "Trade in 3 get $10 extra" has been going on for a few weeks now. I'm pretty sure it's still running. Just glad this information has helped some people out.

[quote name='KingofGames']The "Trade in 3 get $10 extra" has been going on for a few weeks now. I'm pretty sure it's still running. Just glad this information has helped some people out.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks again! I thought I remember hearing it was extended until early May, I was just curious if that had changed.

INFO:

1. It is nationwide as I know. It's happening here in CA also.

2. It's going to last until Saturday! 1 week only!

Can't think of any games worth getting right now, as I'm all about the PSP these days. I'm definitely going to check this out tomorrow though. Thanks OP.

[quote name='mmn']If the preorder was used, then sure![/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I hate GS's B2G1 free deals... I can never come out with something decent.

Yeah, it's all a matter of what they have in stock. Luckily, we've got some decent stuff in at the moment, including all four .hack guides ($1.99 each and one free), Disgaea, some used PSP games, and other goodies with good resell value. So in the worst case, I could pick up two other games with Disgaea for resale and basically end up with a free Disgaea. :whistle2:D

I didn't even know this sale was going on. I happened to stop by my Gamestop to pick up a cheap Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex for $20 and wound up leaving with that plus dot.hack Parts 2 through 4 for $70 with tax (and yes the discount card does work with the sale too) *watches his wallet blow up in flames*

The B2G1 free deal is good at all GS in SoCal that I went to and most did do the trade 3 get an extra $10 trade in offer also. THe B2G1 free is also good on DVDs for those who want to bulk up in that field.

bread's done
Back