*DEAD* Gamestop.com Madden 11 PS3/360 $49.99 Wii $41.99 PSP $32.99 Coupon friendly

[quote name='poker360']Thanks, but i'll wait for 2012 to come out and get 2011 for 10 bucks[/QUOTE]

cool will you add me so we can play in 10 months?

[quote name='mcdaking84']cool will you add me so we can play in 10 months?[/QUOTE]

Sure, you can add me. :lol: :bouncy:

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Picked up madden 08 for 2 cents would have picked it up cheaper but i forgot my edge card[/QUOTE]

You picked it up but would have picked it up if you had your edge card? Oh ok yeah I get it

Good to see all the people that this thread is NOT aimed for is coming in to make their smart ass remarks.

Thanks TC for the heads up.

[quote name='bobphone']What a horrible thread title. Console, price, price, console, price, console. Nice job.[/QUOTE]

Go crawl back into your hole douche.

[quote name='CD6405']Good to see all the people that this thread is NOT aimed for is coming in to make their smart ass remarks.

Thanks TC for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Why does this always happen with sports game? Yah you can get madden 04 for ten cents. But that's not the fucking point is it?

[quote name='confoosious']Seriously. Why does this always happen with sports game? Yah you can get madden 04 for ten cents. But that's not the fucking point is it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes it is. :applause:

Why? Because i'm a gamer. Not a madden / sports only gamer.

[quote name='confoosious']You're a ten months behind gamer. Good luck with that.[/QUOTE]

No, i actually buy good games on the release date. Halo Reach, fallout, dead rising 2, etc. There is NO reason unless your a big sports fan to buy a sports game, when they lose there value so much.

A few changes and a roster update isn't worth the money every year.

Look. Nobody gives a shit. If you don't want to buy madden 11 right away that's fine. But why threadcrap a perfectly good deal just because you want to be an asshole?

[quote name='confoosious']Look. Nobody gives a shit. If you don't want to buy madden 11 right away that's fine. But why threadcrap a perfectly good deal just because you want to be an asshole?[/QUOTE]

Or i would just like to remind my fellow Cheap Ass Gamers that this game will hit rock bottom price, so they may just want to save their money?

EVERY game will hit rock bottom price, so that's just an ignorant thing to say. This isn't rockbottomgamer.com, I don't come here to learn that eventually, this and every other game will be $2. You're just being a snob, honestly.

I'm not a huge fan of Madden at all and I'm also someone who usually buys the previous years version for cheap, but I'm not going to crap on anyone who chooses to buy these games new. $10 off a 4 day old game is worth it especialy if you planned on buying this.

[quote name='Donnums']EVERY game will hit rock bottom price, so that's just an ignorant thing to say. This isn't rockbottomgamer.com, I don't come here to learn that eventually, this and every other game will be $2. You're just being a snob, honestly.

I'm not a huge fan of Madden at all and I'm also someone who usually buys the previous years version for cheap, but I'm not going to crap on anyone who chooses to buy these games new. $10 off a 4 day old game is worth it especialy if you planned on buying this.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

it's not like everyone doesn't already know madden values drop precipitously every year. But when people look in a madden 11 thread, they want to see what the deal is. Not have to hear some jackass like poker tell everyone that it will drop to 10 by next august. Duh, we knew that already.

If you know where I can get madden 11 cheaper, then tell me. if not, stfu and gtfo.

[quote name='confoosious']:applause:

it's not like everyone doesn't already know madden values drop precipitously every year. But when people look in a madden 11 thread, they want to see what the deal is. Not have to hear some jackass like poker tell everyone that it will drop to 10 by next august. Duh, we knew that already.

If you know where I can get madden 11 cheaper, then tell me. if not, stfu and gtfo.[/QUOTE]

jeez, coonfoosious is it that time of the month already

[quote name='confoosious']:applause:

If you know where I can get madden 11 cheaper, then tell me. if not, stfu and gtfo.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Bestbuy / gamestop / amazon august 2011 is where it is cheaper.

what's the point of buying a previous year's sports game. sports games are different than regular games. nowadays, newer sports games are so advanced that they update/adjust the performance of players on a daily basis according to what they did in real life like last year's NBA 2k10. once the season is over, there are no more updates, so it becomes useless.

i wouldn't even waste $10 to buy a copy of a sports game from the past season. buying a sports game for the current year is like buying a movie on blu ray and the previous year's would be like buying a hd-dvd. buying anything in '08 and prior is like buying a movie on vhs.

[quote name='frpilot']what's the point of buying a previous year's sports game. sports games are different than regular games. nowadays, newer sports games are so advanced that they update/adjust the performance of players on a daily basis according to what they did in real life like last year's NBA 2k10. once the season is over, there are no more updates, so it becomes useless.

i wouldn't even waste $10 to buy a copy of a sports game from the past season. buying a sports game for the current year is like buying a movie on blu ray and the previous year's would be like buying a hd-dvd. buying anything in '08 and prior is like buying a movie on vhs.[/QUOTE]

But theres a crowd that dont care about the daily updates. they only care that its a sports game

[quote name='poker360']No, i actually buy good games on the release date. Halo Reach, fallout, dead rising 2, etc. There is NO reason unless your a big sports fan to buy a sports game, when they lose there value so much.

A few changes and a roster update isn't worth the money every year.[/QUOTE]

There is NO reason unless you're a big RPG fan to buy a RPG game.
There is NO reason unless you're a big FPS fan to buy a FPS game.
There is NO reason unless you're a big RTS fan to buy an RTS game.

I see how this works. Thanks for pointing out the obvious asshole. Did you ever consider this deal is for sports fans? Am I going in a shitting on Halo Reach/Dead Rising 2/Fallout New Vegas deal threads? No so fuck off.

[quote name='Jut']There is NO reason unless you're a big RPG fan to buy a RPG game.
There is NO reason unless you're a big FPS fan to buy a FPS game.
There is NO reason unless you're a big RTS fan to buy an RTS game.

I see how this works. Thanks for pointing out the obvious asshole. Did you ever consider this deal is for sports fans? Am I going in a shitting on Halo Reach/Dead Rising 2/Fallout New Vegas deal threads? No so fuck off.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, a madden comes out every year. FPS , RTS , RPG are all different, not the same game released every year bro.

nice try though!

[quote name='poker360']The thing is, a madden comes out every year. FPS , RTS , RPG are all different, not the same game released every year bro.

nice try though![/QUOTE]

Some people like to play Madden bro. Thanks for posting.

[quote name='poker360']The thing is, a madden comes out every year. FPS , RTS , RPG are all different, not the same game released every year bro.

nice try though![/QUOTE]

Why do you continue to fuck with people for wanting something you don't want? I think you should update your trolling game, it seems a bit outdated.

[quote name='frpilot']i wouldn't even waste $10 to buy a copy of a sports game from the past season. buying a sports game for the current year is like buying a movie on blu ray and the previous year's would be like buying a hd-dvd. buying anything in '08 and prior is like buying a movie on vhs.[/QUOTE]

What a horrible analogy.

[quote name='dino88']

What a horrible analogy.[/QUOTE]

haha i know. i was trying to make a quick post and couldn't think of anything.

did anyone get a copy of madden 11? is it suppose to have the y fold shrink wrap because the copy i just got from amazon looks like cheap shrink wrap from a resealing machine. it has a clear EA sticker on it, but looks like any doofus could have just stuck that on, it's not printed onto the plastic.

[quote name='IsamuBlue']Is this deal good for both online and in the store?[/QUOTE]

Online only, it's just to match Amazon's current price.

Very cool. I had some Gamestop credit and was on the fence about dropping $50 for the Wii version. For $42 I'm in. Paying tax sucks but at least it's free shipping with SAVER.

it would sell well if it's actually a good game which madden this year is not. ncaa 2011 on the other hand is a great game and has seen a increase in sales over ncaa 2010 due to this fact. consumers aren't stupid.

Actually according to that article, Madden 11 has gotten better reviews: "Madden 11 reviews thus far are very positive and actually average out above last year’s edition as I write this."

I guess people are just tired of Madden.

Madden is one of the greatest yearly gaming experiences if you have a group of friends who are all into it. The amount of smack talk that can be dealt out, the intensity of each game, it's just great. If you're not into it, fine, plenty of games out there for everybody, but don't crap all over it for everybody who actually does enjoy it.

By the way, I have a huge backlog of games from both PS3 and 360 including Demon's Souls, Mass Effect, Bioshock, InFamous, L4D2, Uncharted 1 & 2, Ratchet & Clank, Borderlands, etc... etc... Basically, a wide array of games. So it annoys me when people characterize people who play Madden as just "sports gamers" or "Madden gamers." I also enjoy yearly installments of MLB The Show, but that doesn't make me any "less" of a hardcore gamer.

There comes a point when you actually enjoy something, you can find a good deal and make it worthwhile to get the game early. I traded Madden 10 for $40 credit to Gamestop earlier this year to get Madden 11. If you'll buy Madden '08 when Madden '11 just came out, then you are just flat out missing the point.

how come madden 11 is more expensive for PS3 in Amazon than for Xbox 360?
i thought that the price was the same for both.

I dont get the whole Madden thing every year like a lot of people do, but then again I did buy every MegaMan game on the nes, snes, ps1 and xbla. Not to mention my current avatar here as well. To each their own. :)

[quote name='confoosious']Actually according to that article, Madden 11 has gotten better reviews: "Madden 11 reviews thus far are very positive and actually average out above last year’s edition as I write this."

I guess people are just tired of Madden.[/QUOTE]

The so-called "professional" reviews of this years Madden for the Xbox 360 are nearly the same as last year (86.47% for last year, 86.69% for this year.)

That also doesn't take in consideration the fact that the user reviews on Amazon so far have actually been more negative for this year's Xbox 360 Madden (2.5 stars out of 5) than last years (3.5 stars).

why not just buy the sports game at around $40 a month or two after release-(this is cag youll find it)-then play the crap out of it n sell it about 3 months before a new one comes out-get about $25 back in trade in-you loose about $15-but get to play the most current game-and it beats buying a year old game for $10ish wich you wont be able to trade in for shit.

that way you can always have the newest sport title without spending all that cash-i know obvious right but i do that n works out fine--so ill be picking up madden with one of the mutliple $10 codes i have.

[quote name='Rozz']The so-called "professional" reviews of this years Madden for the Xbox 360 are nearly the same as last year (86.47% for last year, 86.69% for this year.)

That also doesn't take in consideration the fact that the user reviews on Amazon so far have actually been more negative for this year's Xbox 360 Madden (2.5 stars out of 5) than last years (3.5 stars).[/QUOTE]

Madden seems to always be the same.

When reviews come out, they are generally in the 8.5-9 range.

Then magically, the next summer, the consensus is that the game is better because the reviews say they fixed something from the previous year, yet still get the same score.

Put it this way, if you have a group of friends that still plays Madden like hardcore maniacs, its a must buy annually. But, if your group of friends doesn't play like they used to, and you're stuck with the online/CPU experience, its just not worth it. Until the devs make franchise/online franchise a viable option, I can't put it as a must-buy.

Oh and I'm 26. Most of my friends played Madden from 97 through 06 (the vision cone year). Priorities changed, and by then, EA stopped changing the PS2 version. Maybe I was spoiled with the pretty solid gameplay of last-gen, but even 5 years in, I still don't think the game is what it once was.

bread's done
Back