*DEAD*Ghostbusters: Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition (Wii/360<used>) $39.75/$27.99

vivafriend5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10322[/IMG-R]In addition to the Ghostbusters game, the Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition includes:

• An exclusive Slimer bust designed and created by the original movie sculptor, Steve Johnson. Comes complete with a certificate of authenticity signed by the sculptor himself.
  • Exclusive Ghostbusters Gamer Graffix Skins.
  • An exclusive (in the US) Ecto1 Key Chain that lights up and makes a siren sound.
iconamazon.gif
Ghostbusters: Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition (360/Wii) $29.75/$39.75

Edit 11/26/09: The price for the PS3 and Wii has reverted back to $39.75. With all of the Thanksgiving specials coming and going, anyone who is interested should check the link and add their preferred version to their cart to assure the proper price is displayed. It has been fluctuating frequently.

Edit 11/27/09: PS3 version has reverted to $69.99. It is DEAD for now.

Edit 11/29/09: 360 version is out of stock. The price is unknown. Used copies are being offered in varying conditions for $27.99 which are Amazon fulfilled. Some claim to be shrinkwrapped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too good of a deal to pass up! I've been waiting for this game and I heard there are still unfixed glitches in the 360 version but I can't pass up this price. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Blackout']What does the Slimer edition come with?[/QUOTE]

Some glasses so you can READ THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION!!

no go on trying to get the link to the alternate cover (which is BS unless it is in fact dead)
-------------
Hello,

I'm sorry, in order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.

I will be sure to pass your message on to the appropriate managers in our company for consideration, We always value customer feedback such as yours, as it helps us continue to improve the service we provide.

I encourage you to check back on our website in the next few weeks. Any special offers will be advertised throughout our website.

In the meantime, you may wish to visit other areas of our website for great deals everyday.
----------------

Thanks OP. Already own regular PS3 edition but picked up the Wii Slimer edition since it's a completely different game and enjoyed the other one so well.

FYI, for those worried about losing part of their $40 promotional credit from the BUY80GET40 promotion, you won't. I used $33.99 of it on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, and I still have $6.01 left for my next purchase. YMMV, of course, but it's not an issue for me.

[quote name='kodave']The Slimer sculpture & keychain ally worth $10 to you guys? Hmm...[/QUOTE]

If the game was $60, and the extras were $10, probably not. But if you figure the game is $20 and the extras are $10, then yeah. I don't generally like collector's editions (see: $150 Prestige Edition MW2), but for an extra $10, I think this is worth it.

I picked it up a few weeks back for $45...and the statue and keychain make the purchase worth it. For $30, you cannot lose.

Thanks OP. Figured I'd pick the base game itself when it hit $20, but this is a rare instance where I wouldn't consider the the extra edition stuff to be mere clutter. Warcraft III CE (right when it dropped to $30) and the goofy Devil Summoner 2 Raiho package are among the few I do have.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kodave']The Slimer sculpture & keychain ally worth $10 to you guys? Hmm...[/QUOTE]

Given that I haven't seen the game for $20 anywhere (no nearby Game Crazy stores left after the shutdowns, and no copies that made it past the $4x.xx level at Target clearance)...yes.

[quote name='Scorch']But he's right. It's a pretty terrible special edition.[/QUOTE]

It's also $7 less than the base edition right now. Works for me.

[quote name='gibbyva']Thanks OP. Already own regular PS3 edition but picked up the Wii Slimer edition since it's a completely different game and enjoyed the other one so well.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone here played the Wii version? I went 360 for this sale, but if they really are as different as I've heard, I might pick the Wii version up down the line too. I definitely dig the art style (I grew up with the Real Ghostbusters cartoon), and it seems like the motion controls would be a plus here.

still, glad somebody posted those scans which are rightfully deserved to all who bought (special promotional timing my ass)!! thanks OP(s)!!

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']
90+ posts in less than twelve hours begs to differ. That's more attention than this game has received on the site before, and it wouldn't surprise me if it finally does sell out this time.[/QUOTE]

err, still in stock...

[quote name='Steggy']cheaper thru warehouse deals. 28 for a like new copy... every dime saved helps... in this case 2 bucks saved.[/QUOTE]

link?

Ew, what's with the 'This image does not reflect the final package' on the bottom front of these alt covers?

Looks like they ran out of money, then decided to throw up what they had as a download instead of producing a real one. Kinda pathetic and ugly.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Ew, what's with the 'This image does not reflect the final package' on the bottom front of these alt covers?

Looks like they ran out of money, then decided to throw up what they had as a download instead of producing a real one. Kinda pathetic and ugly.[/QUOTE]

Just replace that with the bottom part of the regular cover since they're exactly the same.

I'm just making fun of the absurd half-ass'd effort by Amazon to pass off low res FPO working concepts as final product.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Ew, what's with the 'This image does not reflect the final package' on the bottom front of these alt covers?

Looks like they ran out of money, then decided to throw up what they had as a download instead of producing a real one. Kinda pathetic and ugly.[/QUOTE]

How do you know this is the final product?

Glad I waited to bite. This is the deal I've been waiting for. Although, I'm a little ashamed how excited I am to have the Slimer Statue.

Ran through the 360 version back this summer, then actually sold it for a small profit. Picked up the Slimer Edition this morning for PS3. People may be able to flip the extras and actually end up with the game for free. I think the keychain is actually pretty cool.

Does anyone know if all of the contents come in one box? Like how the night vision goggle version of Mw2, all the stuff came in one box. Ive watched a few unboxing videos and for all of them they have everything in just a brown mailing box. I ask because I'm thinking of getting this as a gift for someone and curious of how its packaged.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Slimed has his own white box, everything else is thrown in with it into a brown mailing box
no fancy packaging[/QUOTE]

Bleh, I was hoping it would all be in its own packaging. Oh well. Still considering this. My brother doesn't have many PS3 games and I want to get one that he may actually enjoy.

This was one of the few times I was really torn as to get it or not at $25 it was a sure thing (and still free shipping) at $30 it was still iffy. I got burned last Thanksgiving when I went for the Fallout Special Editions and didn't want to get burned again, been waiting for GB it to go in the $~20 range.

And for once fellow CAG's didn't sell it for me, I read too many loved it/hated it comments. What finally sold me was playing the demo a few minutes ago, the searching part was pretty snooze worthy, what clenched it was catching the ghosts in the traps, as soon as I did that, I had a big 'ole grin on my face and knew I'd have to get it then. :D

[quote name='kodave']How can you check such things?[/QUOTE]

add it to your cart

update qty to 999 (it doesn't allow more than that)

it will adjust your qty to stock in the system if it's under 1000.

but quickly update it to 1 after you see how many are left or you'll mess up amazon's stock status and it'll appear sold-out. :hot:

bread's done
Back