POPULOUS™ 2: TRIALS OF THE OLYMPIAN GODS
$2.99

SID MEIER'S ALPHA CENTAURI™
$2.99

SIMCITY 2000™ SPECIAL EDITION
$2.99

Description of Games -

Weekend Promo: Rule the EA Worlds

City manager, space explorer, omnipotent entity, or a keeper of a humorous dungeon--whichever way you want to play, you’re the master.

Rule the EA Worlds! Decide which of the EA classic worlds you want to rule (or rule them all!) and get 50% off on GOG.com during this weekend’s promo. This promo ends next Monday, May 21 11:59 PM EDT

Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri is a space-based spin-off from the legendary Civilization series. Alpha Centauri is a 4X turn-based strategy at genre’s best: build, colonize, produce, research, and kill in a fantastic sci-fi world. Whether you’re a technology-loving Academician or a Chairman whose goal is to crush his people under the burden of neural stapling, you can get this fantastic startegy game from GOG.com for just $2.99.

SimCity 2000 Special Edition is a sequel to a ground-breaking SimCity, and it improves on the original in every aspect. As a mayor of an isometric city, you need to create a hi-tech metropolis starting from the smallest village. Setting up streets, houses, commercial facilities, preparing your city for disasters, setting up taxes, and managing other aspects of everyday city running--SimCity 2000 life is a tough nut to crack. Create the best city ever for only $2.99 on GOG.com.

Dungeon Keeper and Dungeon Keeper 2 form a pair of wonderfully evil and hellishly entertaining RTS-sim games in which you’re in charge of an underground empire. Set up deadly traps, recruit demons and imps, and send the gloriously hapless holy heroes straight to heaven. There’s never been a game that offered so much fun when you’re being the bad guy, probably thanks to tons of dark humor and addictive gameplay. Rule your very own nightmare dungeon for only $2.99.

Populous, designed by the famous Peter Molyneux, is a ‘god-sim’ that places you in a game of world domination between the gods. You need to use your divine powers to control and award your followers or punish and destroy the non-believers with a goal to destroy other player’s enemy forces. Flooding, lightning, earthquake--you’re omnipotent so it’s only up to you how to shepherd your people. Populous 2: Trials of the Olympian Gods follows its almighty predecessor with more spells, an enhanced interface, and adding a character development system. You’re now son of Zeus and need to battle your way through the Greek pantheon. Kill all the gods for only $2.99 this weekend on GOG.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, thanks, dude... nabbed SimCity 2000 SE. I'd always wanted a version of this for PC at an APPROPRIATE price. Beats playing it on my Saturn or the ROM crashing randomly.

[quote name='DukeMagnem']Yeah, thanks, dude... nabbed SimCity 2000 SE. I'd always wanted a version of this for PC at an APPROPRIATE price. Beats playing it on my Saturn or the ROM crashing randomly.[/QUOTE]

You can always pre-order the new Sim City from EA for the low low price of $80. As if that isn't enough to entice you, you also get such fantastic features as requiring the Origin client and needing to always be online connected to the internet! Hurry and reserve your copy today! *

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.246949500

* in case I didn't make it obvious enough, this reply is absolutely dripping with sarcasm.

I used to play the fire out of Sim City 2000 SE. Going to have to pick that up and maybe Alpha Centauri even though I have never played it before.

[quote name='Motoki']You can always pre-order the new Sim City from EA for the low low price of $80. As if that isn't enough to entice you, you also get such fantastic features as requiring the Origin client and needing to always be online connected to the internet! Hurry and reserve your copy today! *

* in case I didn't make it obvious enough, this reply is absolutely dripping with sarcasm.[/QUOTE]

Dripping? So sarcasm is a liquid?

On another note, Populous...nice.

[quote name='Motoki']You can always pre-order the new Sim City from EA for the low low price of $80. As if that isn't enough to entice you, you also get such fantastic features as requiring the Origin client and needing to always be online connected to the internet! Hurry and reserve your copy today! *

* in case I didn't make it obvious enough, this reply is absolutely dripping with sarcasm.[/QUOTE]

lol Actually, when news of Sim City was leaked from some German site or whatever, I was happy. I would have *maybe* paid $60 for it. Then they mention the whole Origin thing and the fact that you have to be connected all the time to play and that's kind of a deal breaker. Well, not kind of--it is a deal breaker. I just won't be buying it at all. I can take the always connected aspect of it better than I can take the Origin account/software requirement.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Dripping? So sarcasm is a liquid?

[/QUOTE]

At room temperature (~70F/20C), yes.

In for DK2; even though I hate calling my bank to ask them to "open an international transaction window" (it feels like asking for their permission to spend my money), I have to make an exception this weekend 'cause I'd play this long before I'd play Kalypso's odd and tedious Dungeons: The Dark Lord.

Good lord, Alpha Centauri is my favorite 4x game. However, I cannot recommend it here since they do not offer the Alien Crossfire expansion.

got Alpha Centauri, thanks op. I know it doesn't include the expansion, but I'll take it for $3, and if I really want to play the expansion later, I'll go buy the one with the expansion on Amazon for $5. I just don't want the physical game right now.

I was ready to bite but after doing some more reading, it seems that all of these games have some problems with the GOG release. Dungeon Keeper 1 and SimCity 2000 are based off the DOS versions, Dungeon Keeper 2 crashes in Windows 7, and Populous 1 & 2 seem to have better Amiga versions (anyone want to confirm/deny?). Alpha Centauri seems to run fine but it's missing the expansion. I know they're only $3 but I'm not going to play them right away, and by the time I do I'm going to want definitive versions. Unfortunately I don't know if there's any precedent for GOG updating their releases, as generous of guys as they are. So what was "buy them all" may turn into a pass, for now.

[quote name='ubdu']Good lord, Alpha Centauri is my favorite 4x game. However, I cannot recommend it here since they do not offer the Alien Crossfire expansion.[/QUOTE]

This. Playing without the expansion feels dirty. If they got the expansion I would be all over it.

Thanks, took SIMCITY 2000™ SPECIAL EDITION
smile.gif

When they say compatible with Windows 7 and such, do they mean I just download the game and it will work, or is there some sort of emulator involved?

Because I haven't gotten Alpha Centauri to work in years and I rather miss playing it, but I'm not the biggest fan of running something in something in something etc forever.

[quote name='Dalrint']When they say compatible with Windows 7 and such, do they mean I just download the game and it will work, or is there some sort of emulator involved?

Because I haven't gotten Alpha Centauri to work in years and I rather miss playing it, but I'm not the biggest fan of running something in something in something etc forever.[/QUOTE]

if any game needs it, it's already in it's own emulator.

It will work when they state it will.

GOG is good about that.

EXCEPT for Dungeon Keeper 2, unless that was fixed. People couldn't play it for the longest time.

In for Sim City and Populous 2.

So, is Sim City 2000 SE actually able to work with Windows 7? I never had any luck with my old CD copy - it would always crash whenever I tried to save my city and every single article I found on the issue said the same thing: that there was no fix for it.

If GOG somehow has a working copy, I'm more than happy to pay $3 for it. Loved that game as a kid.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']So, is Sim City 2000 SE actually able to work with Windows 7? I never had any luck with my old CD copy - it would always crash whenever I tried to save my city and every single article I found on the issue said the same thing: that there was no fix for it.

If GOG somehow has a working copy, I'm more than happy to pay $3 for it. Loved that game as a kid.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I just picked up Simcity 2k and it works inside the DOSbox fine (with mouse + keyboard too).

[quote name='ubdu']Yes, I just picked up Simcity 2k and it works inside the DOSbox fine (with mouse + keyboard too).[/QUOTE]

Aha, so it's the DOS version. That would explain it - my old copy was for Windows. Wonder what the differences are between the two, if any. In my experience, though, DOS games had worse sound/graphics when compared to their Windows brethren. Hmm.

"Games That Should Have Gotten Sequels Sale"

This should be the name of it no something cheesy like Rule EA Wolds.

[quote name='Fatdude']"Games That Should Have Gotten Sequels Sale"

This should be the name of it no something cheesy like Rule EA Wolds.[/QUOTE]

??? SimCity 3000 Unlimited is really, really good.

[quote name='pROvIs']This. Playing without the expansion feels dirty. If they got the expansion I would be all over it.[/QUOTE]

I think the original SMAC was perfect. The SMAX add-on gave you the great faction editor but I also thought the Alien techs may the early game too easy to just sit back and hole yourself up. Plus, God help me, you ALWAYS had to kill the Alien factions to get any kind of victory, it turned every game into a Domination victory. Sometimes I just want the pleasure of Transcending without having to fire a shot. I would always keep the Aliens out of my game set up.

I am having such a nerdgasm now. I guess that made my decision for me. I'm buying the digital copy of SMAC. And I wish the SMAX was there. I had a great faction with massively high Green but major hits on diplomacy, birthrates and industry (turns out the Mindworms don't always kill you but sometimes give you subjects psychic powers ;)).

Oh my god, I love SMAC so much!

bread's done
Back